The Forgotten (Kakashi x OC)...

By AnotherSimpOfKakashi

*This story has been discontinued* Hey! So this is my first ever publicized fanfic, so please be patient with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 🍋
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12🍋
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Note from Author
Book two Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Update!
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Authors Notes
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen (🤏🍋)
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Not an Update

Chapter Six

72 2 0
By AnotherSimpOfKakashi

"Emi! Damn it! Emi, where are you?!"

"Kakashi, are you even sure -"

"She has to be, Rin. I'm not losing both of them in one day. . . . Emi!"

I squeezed my eyes shut at the agonizing pain in my head before slowly fluttering them open. It was pitch black where ever it was, but quickly remembered I was still in the cave and the reason it was so dark was because I was buried under who knows how many pounds of rock and earth. I lifted my hand up to the wetness running down my face, and as my vision adjusted to the darkness, I could just barely make out the dark liquid on my fingertips.

Blood.

"God, this had got to be the worst way to die." I said out loud to myself but instantly regretted it. The sharp pain in my chest told me there was a broken rib or two, and I was thrown into a fit of coughing because of it.

"Emi!"

I shifted my head toward the voice that I instantly recognized as Kakashi's. But from the sound of it, it was coming from above me.

"Emiko!"

"Kakashi." I shouted as loud as I could. Though realistically, I doubt he would have been able to hear me.

"Emi?! Emi, if you can hear me call out again!" He shouted.

"Kakashi, I don't think -"

"I heard her, Rin! Just be quiet for a moment."

"Kakashi!" I shouted out a little louder than before. Just doing that alone hurt like like hell, but I would keep shouting as loud as I could if it meant that I didn't die in here.

From the waist down, I couldn't see. Not only because I couldn't get up because of the pain from the broken ribs, but because there was a literal rock blocking my lower body. Judging by the pain, though, one of my legs was definitely broken, and more than likely, so was my hip.

There was a sudden shift in the rocks above me. I used my arms to protect my face and head as the smaller rocks and dirt started to fall on top of me.

"Emi! Call out again!" His voice was much closer now, making the urgency in his voice clear as day.

"I'm here!" I shouted through a fit of coughs from the unsettled dust around me.

One of the bigger boulders from above me shifted, making the ones around it shift as well. But before I could even brace myself, they were suspended above me and thrown to the side. Through the small opening, Kakashi and Rin poked their head through, letting out a small sigh in relief.

My eyes widened in fear when I saw the two of them suddenly disappear and a panic filled in my chest.

"Kashi?!" I shouted out. The ground beneath me cracked, causing the rocks around me to shift. As the small rocks and unsettle dust started falling, I quickly covered my face with my arms. I let out a frustrated growl as a few tears rolled down my cheeks.

Scared.

I was so unbelievably scared right now. No matter how hard I tried to calm my breathing or my mind, I was regretfully reminded of my position by the throbbing ache in my chest and the unbelievable pain the lower half of my body.

"I'm here, Emi."

Moving my arms from my face, I leaned my head back as far as I could and saw Kakashi carefully climbing down the rocks toward me. I choked out a sob as he kneeled down next to me and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Relax, Emi." He said gently as he picked one of my hands up and pressed it against his chest. "Try to follow my breathing." He instructed as he took a deep inhale through his nose and an exhale out his mouth. "You're still connected to the rocks. If you don't relax, you're going to trap both of us." He said gently as he brushed the hair out of my face, paying close attention to the open wound on my forehead.

"I thought you left." I shuttered as I followed his breathing.

He shook his head as he blew a short breath out his nose. "And leave you behind? What kind of best friend out I be? Are you okay? I mean besides the obvious."

I nodded my head and looked up toward the rocks above me as I tried to steady my breathing again. "My leg is broken, probably crushed, and I think my hip is in the same boat. A few broken ribs, and I'm sure there are a ton of other internal injuries. But, you know, who's keeping score." I let out a wince as I felt a small shift in the rock that was on my waist.

"Try to take it easy." He said softly as he stood back up. "I'll try to get you out of here, okay?" He pulled out the vial I had given him for his promotion gift and poured a small amount of it in his hands. I blinked in surprise at how empty it was already. How deep down was I? How long had they been looking for me?

But then realization slowly hit me. I haven't heard Obito's voice once, and knowing him, his would have been the first voice that I heard. His voice is naturally louder and definitely louder than anyone else on the team. So the fact that I haven't heard him yet made me worry.

"Kashi." He turned to me as he started to pour more of the chakra onto his hands. "Where's Obito?" I asked nervously.

He gaze drifted down to the ground before turning back to the rocks. Pressing his hands firmly on them, he pushed the one that was pinning my waist down off. I let out an involuntary scream as the sudden pressure was released, and blood began harshly running through the lower half of my body again. Every pulse was excruciating. Black spots filled my vision as I forced myself to stay awake through the pain.

"I'm sorry, Emi. I almost have you out of here, but we're going to have to move fast. This structure isn't safe." He said, pouring the last of my chakra onto his hands and pressing them firmly on the boulders that pinned my legs.

"Kashi, I can't -"

"I know. Don't worry. I'll get you out of here, I promise." He assured as he forced the last of the rocks off my legs. The rocks that were above us slowly started to crumble and fall on top of us. Kakashi quickly scooped me up in his arms and jumped out of the opening he made earlier. The sudden change in brightness caused me to squeeze my eyes shut as I buried my face into his chest in an attempt to block out the harsh light.

"Oh my god, Emiko." Rin gasped as we landed next to her.

"We need to get out of here. Reinforcements will be here any minute. Once we get further away, I need you to examine her." He said with a voice of urgency turning to Rin.

I could already sense we were surrounded. It was hard to tell exactly how many, but judging how badly Kashi was hurt, there was no way he would be able to fight them all off on his own. I love Rin, but there's no way she could fight against guys like them. "Kashi." I said weakly, but the pain in my lungs made it difficult to continue my sentence. I sinched my eyes shut and clenched my jaw as I tried to suppress another scream. 

~*~

*Beep. Beep. Beep.*

I let out a small groan as my eyes slowly opened. I'm not sure how long I was out or even where I was. All I know is that annoying beeping needs to stop.

"Well, it's about time you woke up."

My head slowly turned toward the unfamiliar voice. It was a woman. She had short black hair that came just below her jawline. She was wearing a white doctors coat, but underneath that was a grey kimono. The smallest mesh of the fishnet underlay she was wearing was visible over her neckline.

She gave me a closed eyed smile and sat in the chair next to me.

"How are you feeling, Emiko?" She asked softly.

"Like I just got crushed by a million pounds." I said monotonously with sarcasm. Thankfully, she caught my joke and giggled softly. "I'm sorry, but who are you?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Shizune. Master Jiraiya actually sent for me. I'm your aunt." She explained with a wide smile.

I blinked in surprise. "I. . . I have an aunt?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

She nodded sympathetically and brushed the small pieces of hair out of my face. "I'm sorry I haven't been around as much as I would have liked to have been. But I'm here now, and I'll make sure to have you back on your feet in no time."

My eyes closed slightly as I took a breath to recollect myself. "Thank you, Shizune."

There wasn't really much I could think of to say. I didn't really know how to feel. I have an aunt? Why did no one tell me beforehand? Why did it take now for her to show up? Well, I mean, not that I'm complaining. At least she is here. I'm sure she had her reasons for not being here, like maybe she didn't know I even existed until my uncle found her. I mean, it's not like my parents are out bragging about me.

"Of course, Emi." She said, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. "You know, you've had quite a few visitors since you've been here. I'm sure they'll be happy to know you're finally awake." She said with a smile.

"How long was I out?" I asked nervously.

"Almost a month, I'm afraid."

My gaze drifted up to the ceiling, and I started nervously fidgeting with my fingers. A month. I've been out for an entire month, but yet I felt like I hadn't slept in days.

One moments I'm crushed under rocks waiting desperately for Kakashi to save me, and the next, I'm in a hospital bed. Wait. . . Kakashi.

"What about my team. Are they okay?" I asked, turning back to her in a panic.

She nodded with a soft smile. "The boy with silver hair has been here every day. I think his name is Kakashi?" She said, turning her head slightly to the bouquet that sat on the table next to me. "Your sensei and his wife have been coming a few times a week as well. It seems you've put quite the impact on them. I can tell the two of them have quite the soft spot for you."

She seemed proud almost as she said that. As if she was happy, I was able to find people to love and accept me like Sensei and Kushina have. It was nice to hear, though, that they visited me often and how much I meant to them because honestly, they were the closest thing I've ever had to real parents. Well, besides my uncle. I always saw him as the cool, fun uncle more than a dad, if I'm being honest. Though he did have his moments.

"Obito and Rin?" I asked.

She took a deep breath as she closed her eyes and shook her head. "Rin was discharged the day after you all arrived. But I'm sorry, Emi. Obito didn't return to the village. They had his funeral a few days after your arrival." She said somberly.

I stared at her blankly. Honestly, I didn't know what to say. I was still trying trying to comprehend what she had just told me.

Obito was dead.

Kakashi, Rin, and Obito were the only people that I let fully into my life. They knew all my secrets, my problems, my insecurities, my hopes and dreams, everything. And that's not something I give out lightly. So to hear that one of the people that I cared the absolute most about in the world was gone. . . It was earth shattering.

But I don't understand how.

I stood there fully accepting the fact that I was going to give my life to save my friends. I had held those rocks up as long as I could to keep the exit open so the three of them could escape because I knew if I moved, I would lose the connection and all four of us would have died. So how did I live and Obito die?

"It should have been me." I whispered, looking back up to the ceiling.

~*~ 

"You want to tell me why the nurses said you didn't want any visitors?"

I turned toward the window and saw Kakashi climbing into the room through the window. He looked exhausted, and knowing him, he probably hasn't had a decent nights sleep in weeks. His shinobi headband was covering his left eye that he had lost during the attack. With the way his headband was sitting now, it made his hair fall more in his face. As I felt tears form in the corners of my eyes, I turned away from him and back up toward the ceiling.

"I thought you were dead, Emi. Do you have any idea how worried I was about you?" He pressed as he moved more into the room until he was standing next to my bedside.

"Sorry." I said monotonously.

The room for quiet after that. It wasn't necessarily awkward, but it wasn't comfortable. I could tell there was more he wanted to say, but I think it was more of him deciding if it was worth saying now or not. He took the seat next to my bedside with a sigh, resting his elbows on his thighs as he brought his face to his hands.

"I thought I lost you, Emi. I thought they were trying to keep me out because you died." He said softly, breaking the silence.

"I should be." I said just above a whisper, making him look up at me in confusion. "I should be, and I don't understand why."

"That's not funny, Emi. Why the hell would you -"

My head snapped toward his direction. "I held those rocks up to protect you three. I held them up while Obito pulled you out to safety, and I kept holding them so the exit wouldn't close off. I was fully prepared to die for you three if that meant you guys got out of there safely. Regardless of the sake of the mission, my comrades and my friends are more important. But yet here I am, and not Obito, and I don't understand why." My voice nearly cracked with the amount of anger that was behind my words. It wasn't him I was mad at, but more so what had happened.

"Emi. . . " He started with a sigh. "By the time I finally came to, Obito was almost entirely crushed under a boulder. I tried using your chakra to move it, but no matter how much I poured or how hard I tried to concentrate, I just couldn't move it. I tried so hard to save him, but nothing I did worked. . . Rin told me Obito pushed you out of the way once the cave started to cave in."

My eyes widened. He pushed me out of the way?

Obito saved me.

"But even when we didn't see you in the cave with us, Obito insisted you were still alive. I couldn't leave you. I wasn't going to leave you, not knowing if you were still alive or not."

I turned my head back to the ceiling with a sigh. "Obito and his big ol' heart."

"Emi, I'm sorry for what I said." He started. I looked at him out the corner of my eyes. "You and Obito were right. Your comrades should come first. If it wasn't for me and we went after Rin, like you two wanted, you wouldn't be in here, and Obito would still be here." His gaze drifted down to his hands that he held together in his lap.

I blew air out my nose as a scoff, making him look up at me, confused. "You and your best case scenarios, I swear." I sighed. "Were you a jerk and said some hurtful things back there? Yeah, but that doesn't mean the best case scenario would have gone any better. For all we know, it could have gone worse. It could have been me and you in the hospital. . . Which, by the way, did you get that looked at?" I asked, pointing to my left eye. He shook his head with a shrug. "Kashi, you really should get it looked at. I know Rin is a medic and all, but maybe there's someone here who could fix your eye."

He looked down at his hands again. "They can't fix it, Emi. It's gone."

"Yeah, but -"

He slowly pulled his headband up and looked up at me. "No, Emi. I mean, my eye is completely gone." I gasped slightly when I saw his once grey eyes were now mixed matched. His left eye was bright red, with two tomes rotating around his pupil.

"Y-You have. . .Obito's . . ."

He nodded. "It was one of the last things he asked of me. That I took his Sharingan so he could see the world through my eyes."

"One of?" I asked, swallowing the lump that formed in my throat.

"The others were to keep Rin safe and to find you. I found you, and I intend on keeping my promise in keeping Rin safe." He said confidently.

"How is she?"

He sighed and shook his head softly. "She hasn't left her house since the funeral. When you get out of here, you should -"

I shook my head. "I don't think she wants to talk to me, Kashi. It's my fault he's dead after all."

He took my hand in his, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I know you're upset right now, Emi. But please don't blame yourself. You did the best you could, and those rocks were heavy. The fact that you were able to hold them up for as long as Rin said is incredible. And that's coming from someone who spent who spent half an hour digging you out of those rocks."

Tears started rolling down my cheeks, and I turned my face to the ceiling again in a failed attempt to hide it.

"You're not hurt, are you?" He asked with a small amount of worry in his voice. I shook my head with a sniffle, and he let out a small sigh in relief. "Scoot." He said, tapping my shoulder gently.

"Kashi -"

"Just scoot over, Emi. I know you need a hug right now, so stop being stubborn and just scoot over."

I moved to the side, enough so that way he could lay next to me. He carefully snaked one arm under my neck and the other around my side as he lay next to me. I turned my head toward him and nuzzled into his neck, my tears soaking into the fabric of his mask.

"I'm so sorry." I choked out as I broke into a sob.

"You have nothing to apologize for." He said, rubbing small circles with his thumb on my arm. "Not for what you said and not for what happened. I deserved everything that you said. It's true, he would be disappointed in me. But I promise to make it up to you and to him, Emi."

A/N:

Hey! Another update! Man, I love that I can schedule these things in advance when I have free time. Especially now. So, how have you guys been? How are you enjoying the fic? I really can't express the amount of gratitude I have that you guys decided to click on my little story. It really means a lot to me!

Anyway, as always;

Remember to drink water 💧

Go touch the grass, you complicated house plant🌱

and remember, stay pervy🤙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 1.6K 51
Sakura wasn't planning on being married with a child, and another on the way at her age, but that's just how life went. My first KakaSaku fanfiction...
132K 4.6K 43
Nobody knows what's going on in Kakashi's mind, not even him. He's been for some time in the Anbu now, but he still feels as lost as he was when he f...
3.3K 146 23
Story of a girl who reborn as sasuke and itachi's elder sister. With the knowledge of future what changes will she bring. This is my 1st story so it...
121K 4.1K 20
*****THIS STORY WAS COMPLETED IN MARCH OF 2015 WHEN I WAS LIKE 11! THERE ARE REFERENCES THAT WERE POPULAR FROM 2015 SO, PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND WHIL...