Their little star

By RyuuLu

If there is one thing Skye is sure about, the one thing she has come to learn, is that there are people out t... More

Melinda
Melinda
Maria
Phil
Phil
Victoria
Natasha
Maria
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Skye
Skye
Natasha
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Victoria
Skye
Jemma
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Jemma
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Bonus Chapter
Skye
Pepper
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Jemma
Skye

Skye

225 11 0
By RyuuLu

If there is one thing, she hates more than what happened to her on that day, or men, it's when her worries become reality. The echoes of the bomb going of, with Mike in the middle of it and his son in her arms. With the knowledge that Coulson had been taken is on repeat every time she closes her eyes.

The moment they got back to the BUS, Skye made sure to hide herself away in her bunk, refusing to open the door for anyone. She knows she's making her mother and Jemma more worried over this, but she can't face them. Not when she doesn't understand what is happening with herself.

She's worried for him, terrified that she will not see him again, that Coulson is gone for good this time and the last memories she will have of him are bad once. She has tried to only focus on the good ones from her childhood, but they are kept in the shadows by that one moment when they were at the HUB.

At this moment, Skye is happy that neither Natasha nor Clint knows the truth about Coulson being alive. She's not so sure they would be able to lose their friend one more time if this were to go south.

Hearing a knock on her bunk door, Skye turns her back towards it, deciding that pretending to sleep is her best option. But when she hears her door open, she quickly turns around, her eyes growing large as she sees who enters the small bunk.

Victoria Hand is makes sure the close the door behind her before moving to sit down on Skye's bed. Seeing her aunt, in her small bunk makes her cry once more and she throws herself into Victoria's open arms. The older woman makes sure to hold onto her as Skye cries, not saying a single word.

It takes Skye a while to calm down, and when she is able to breath properly once more, she looks up at aunt.

"Should you be here?"

She somehow managed to get out, hearing how raspy her voice is after all her crying.

"Do you mean here as on the BUS or here as in your bunk?"

"Both I guess?"

"Your mother called in Coulson's kidnapping, and I was assigned to help out finding him. I'm here earlier than the agents I'm taking with me. Melinda sent me a quick message that you were not taking this well and seeing how many agents I'm bringing with me, I had to make sure you are alright and that you are properly warned. And Melinda is handling the rest of the team so I could come see you."

Victoria explains and Skye lowers her head, she should have known more agents were being called in. Coulson is a highly popular agent after all, and Fury have gone to the end of the world just to bring him back from the dead already. And there was another thing she isn't happy about in this moment, having the full information of what happened to him.

"I don't know if I can be here."

Skye hears herself saying, not even realising this is what she was going for. But as she thinks about it, she realises this is the truth, if the BUS is going to be overrun with agents, she doesn't want to be here.

"I fully understand you, however, there is one thing we need help with. After that, I think you should call Gwen and head for the apartment until everything has been cleared up and we have found Coulson."

Victoria tells her and Skye looks at her, not fully sure if she will be able to handle doing a mission now.

"Don't worry, I'm going to make sure you are together with Jemma and Fitz, all you need to do, is make sure a person we are going to bring in ends up on the top floor with the elevator. Do you think you can handle that?"

Victoria asks her and Skye takes a few minutes to think it over, if she's only with Jemma and Fitz, she will be able to handle whatever is going on, and since she will be hacking. She nods her head as an answer and Victoria gives her a smile before hugging her close.

"Alright, I need to give this information to Melinda, take a few minutes to find your centre and wash your face before you join the rest of us."

Victoria tells her and Skye nods her head, taking in a few deep breaths just to show she is following what Victoria asked of her. Seeing her aunt smile, Skye nods her head and Victoria leaves her bunk. When the door closes, Skye falls backwards and closes her eyes, which is a mistake.

With a few more deep breaths, Skye steels herself and rises from her bed. Leaving her bunk, she moves towards the bathroom and cleans her face with cold water, feeling a rush of energy. Looking at herself in the mirror, she can see that there is still a hint of red in her eyes and she makes sure to stay in the room until she sees the evidence of her crying is gone.

Leaving the bathroom, she can hear activities from the hangar and realises that the back up Victoria was talking about has showed up. Steeling herself, Skye heads for the meeting room, hearing that Melinda is already going over the mission, Skye place herself beside Jemma who takes her hand for support.

Skye sees the plans placed out in front of her, and she tries to focus on Melinda, but everything is just going over her head. Realising something is being waved in front of her face, Skye tries to refocus, and she sees that Melinda is now standing in front of her.

"From the look in your eyes, you didn't hear a word of what I told the team, but knowing your aunt, she has already given you some of the plan?"

Melinda asks her and Skye quickly looks around herself, happy to see that it's just her, Melinda and Jemma in the room now. Not sure how to answer, she nods her head.

"Good, keep to Jemma and Fitz, grab your computer and try and stay on the cost. We need you for this Skye and we will find him."

Melinda tells her, placing one hand on her shoulder.

"Have we managed to find Mike's body?"

Skye asks, not sure where the question is coming from, but knowing what is laying behind the question. Seeing how Melinda and Jemma is sharing a look, she realises the body is still missing and she lower her head.

"Come on, let's get your laptop and we can head down to the lab to join Fitz until it's time alright? Or would you rather wait in the van until we leave?"

Jemma asks, and Skye turns to look at her friend, thinking her two options over.

"The van, less chance of me running into random people."

Skey answers her and Jemma nods her head.

"Had a feeling you would say that, so I have already fixed so you have something to eat, because I know you haven't."

Jemma informs her and Skye rolls her eyes, her friend is right about that part, but she isn't all happy that she is being called out for it. Seeing the smile on Jemma's face, she knows she has been played and she starts moving away form the biochemist who makes sure to keep close to her. Grabbing her laptop, she follows Jemma down to the hangar, making sure to keep close to her second-best friend as she sees all of the unknown agents.

Probably seeing how uncomfortable she is, Jemma makes sure to push Skye towards the van and opens the side door and Skye enters the moment she can enter. Looking around the working space, she can see that Jemma had been right. Food had been added to the van and she smiles, leave it to Jemma to make sure to have everything fixed and ready.

"So, what is going through your head?"

Jemma asks, joining Skye in the van, which surprises her a bit. She knows Jemma most have work to do, but yet her friend chooses to stay with her.

"I..."

"No, speak the truth, I know you Skye, I can see when you are trying to cover up what you are really thinking."

Jemma stops her before Skye has a chance to say something, which makes Skye roll her eyes.

"I'm trying to figure out if I want to contact Tash and Clint, to have them come and help out. But I know they still think he is dead, and I don't want to be the one telling them what has been going on, it's to much that I know. And no, I'm not going to tell you."

Skye starts to explain, holding up her right hand to stop Jemma from asking questions and takes one of the sandwiches with her left.

"I'm happy that Vick is here, if anyone can help find and get him back, it's her. But I also know them, and they would make the work so much faster and quicker."

Skye continues after taking a bit of the sandwich, not realising just how hungry sha had been. When the back doors suddenly open, Skye and Jemma turn their head, eyes landing on Fitz who is looking at them, just as surprised to see them as they were to see him. The engineer managed to snap out of his surprise quickly however as he places a large box in the van.

"What are you two talking about?"

He asks, entering the van and closing the doors behind him.

"I'm just trying to figure out If I should call KP and Ron and ask their help with all of this."

Skye explains, the confusion in his eyes is back and he turns to look at Jemma who shrugs her shoulders, showing that she doesn't understand what Skye is telling them.

"KP and Ron are, I guess you could say code names. I'm not allowed to use their real names; you both should understand that."

Skye starts to explain, seeing hoe Jemma and Fitz nods their heads as an answer.

"I work with them and Ogehs, they are my supervisors when it comes to the whole, Ghost-Spider deal."

Skye continues to explain, waving her right hand like a way to just brush over the whole Ghost-Spider ordeal. From the look of the two agents, she knows they have questions. Jemma might have meet both Gwen and Ghost-Spider, she doesn't know they are the same person.

"So, are you? We could need all the help we can get to find agent Coulson."

Is the question Fitz falls to, and Skye decides to take another sandwich, mostly to giver her some more time to think things over. Taking in a deep breath, she closes her eyes for a few seconds.

"I'm going to give agent Hand and our team time to find anything, if the time goes on for to long... I will make the call. But let's just keep this conversation between the three of us, at least for now."

Skye asks of them, seeing how the two of them nods their heads, she smiles. She can also feel that she is slightly relaxing and decides to put her laptop in order.

"So, I heard something about hacking into an elevator, mind giving me the address so I can start working already now?"

She asks, smiling slightly as she sees how Jemma rolls her eyes but gives her the information either way. When they reach the apartment building, Skye was already ready to go and the moment she is asked to take over the elevator, delivering their only lead for the time being directly into her aunts' hands. Hopping that all of this will be worth it. Knowing what she promised her aunt, Skye pulls out her phone and starts to construct a message to Gwen, hopping her friend is free to meet up with her, being alongside with Jemma and Melinda on the BUS is keeping her together, she isn't sure can handle being alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536 13 6
Natasha Romanoff, Maria Hill, Wanda Maximoff and Daisy Johnson. In Greek mythology it is said that humans used to roam Gaia with two faces, four arms...
5.9K 109 12
Christmas One-Shots!
188K 5.4K 26
Angela has lived in a small orphanage for as long as she can remember. She remembers next to nothing from her childhood and life before being banishe...
421K 15.1K 67
Grant Ward, double agent and evil Hydra mastermind. But what would've happened if he had someone to keep him sane? This is the story of Samantha Slat...