Classroom of The Elite : The...

Featherpen287

Set in four years after the graduation of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the story is now focused on an entirely new ca... Еще

Chapter 1 : First Day
Chapter 2 : S-system
Chapter 3 : Class C
Chapter 4: Karaoke
Chapter 5 : Class B
Chapter 6 : Danger and Curiousity
Chapter 7 : Class Leader
Chapter 8 : Sukeban
Chapter 9: Triangle
Chapter 10: Scammer
Chapter 11: Dark Eyes
Chapter 12: May 1st
Chapter 13: Crossroad
Chapter 14: Study Group
Chapter 15: The Biker
Chapter 16: Fist
Chapter 17: Mini-test
Chapter 18: Passing Grade
Chapter 19: Mid-term Exam
Chapter 20: The Handshake
Higashi Teiichi's SS: Siblings
Kasai Himiko's SS: Threads
Kurose Yukie's SS: Their Crush
Satonaka Ayase's SS: Guilt
Bonus Chapter: Characters Profile (first batch)
Chapter 21: Inquiry
Chapter 22: Uneasiness
Chapter 23: The Gap
Chapter 24: Dinner
Chapter 25: Her Secret
Chapter 26: His Regard
Chapter 27: Dating Advice
Chapter 28: Birthday Party
Chapter 29: Tether
Chapter 30: Superiority Complex
Chapter 31: Snare
Chapter 32: Troublemaker
Chapter 34: Investigation
Chapter 35: Testimony
Chapter 36: Preliminary
Chapter 37: The Trial
Chapter 38: Second Suspect
Chapter 39: Compromise
Chapter 40: Special Exam
Nanahara Mari's SS: The Bad Ones
Higashi Teiichi's SS: Catalyst
Satonaka Ayase's SS: Girl's Talk
Ishikawa Sousuke's SS: Interference
Bonus Chapter: Characters Profile (second batch)
Chapter 41: The Cruise Ship
Chapter 42: Reputation
Chapter 43: The Island
Chapter 44: The Rules
Chapter 45: Securing the Base
Chapter 46: Managing the Camp

Chapter 33: Assault or Accident

83 12 0
Featherpen287

After parting ways with Satonaka, I immediately called Kasai. Our conversation was brief as in the end she decided to address the rest face to face. She said he would meet me in my room and hung up right after.

Since there was nothing I wanted to do I went straight back to my room. When I entered the room, I felt something odd. Why are there women's shoes at the entrance? Did Nee-chan ever leave her shoes here? No, it's not her size. When I lifted my face and looked into the room, imagine how shocked I was when I saw Kasai already sitting in a chair near my desk.

"Welcome home, Kurose-kun," she greeted me with a sweet smile.

"You...how did you get in?" all the rooms in the dorm had keycard locks, so she shouldn't be able to break into them. That being the case, I sure as hell didn't forget to close the door when I left.

"I have a spare," Kasai took out a keycard from her pocket.

"What? How did you get that?"

"I asked for it from the staff in the lobby. When I told them my friend lost the key, they make one for me."

Whaaaaat? How can the staff don't even question anything? There should be a rule that prohibits them from giving a spare keycard to anyone except to the occupant of that room.

"Why did you do that?" I asked Kasai. We had promised to meet today, so why did she feel compelled to wait in my room?

"Because I was bored, so I decided to come first."

This girl...again she did whatever she wanted. "Give me the keycard."

"No, this is mine..." said Kasai as she clutched the key card to her chest.

"That's the key to my room, give it to me!"

"Our room."

OK, now I'm getting annoyed. "Since when was this your room too?"

"Since I said so."

"Hey, I'm serious. Give me the key or I'll take it by force."

Kasai sighed softly. "Fine, if you really want it."

After that, instead of giving me the keycard, she grabbed her collar and then tucked the keycard into her shirt. Then she looked at me with a defiant smile as if to say 'Take it if you dare'. This is so unfair.

"That's cheating," I muttered and Kasai chuckled.

"Cheating? Are there any rules? You can take it if you want it. I won't fight back, and I definitely won't report you for sexual harassment either."

Yeah, as if anyone in their right mind would believe that saying. In the end, I gave up and decided to sit on the floor. It's useless to fuss over things when it comes to dealing with Kasai.

She seemed satisfied with my decision and then took a seat in front of me. "So tell me what you were talking about with the candy hair and our class president."

I'm still a little annoyed with her but try to ignore the feeling and start talking. I told her everything I heard from Nanahara even though she probably should have known more than me. Even so, she still listened to my explanation carefully.

"Nanahara said, when she was chasing that guy, there were some people who gave her the wrong direction, they are your lackeys right?"

"Yes, but not all of them. Only one, the other two are just his classmates who happened to be there."

I knew it. Satonaka thought they were from class A because they looked as if they wanted to save the victim. But it turned out that they were from class C in the second year and that was what had confused Satonaka earlier. Why did the second-year students decide to interfere? Does he just want to help the victim for some selfless reason? The answer was no, he had no intention of helping the class A student. On the contrary, he was trying to help Nanahara with Kasai's orders.

"Since when did you anticipate this?"

"Anticipate? Not really. At first, I didn't intend to do anything since Nanahara-san should be your responsibility," her words didn't sound disappointed or blaming at all, but they still made me a little embarrassed.

"So what made you change your mind?"

"After Nanahara-san got into a fight with the girls of Class D, I had my minion watch over the class. They then reported to me that one of the girls that Nanahara-san had beaten up had contact with a class A student named Tanaka-kun."

"And this Tanaka is the victim this time?"

"Yes,"

So that guy does act at the request of a class D student. Now the problem is whether the class D student asked for help from class A on her own initiative or because she received instructions from someone else. It feels like the latter is more likely because people tend to ask for help from those closest to them. It felt strange that she was asking for help from Class A instead of her classmate. Of course, many variables can also affect the decision.

"I suspect Ishikawa has something to do with this case," Kasai explained. "Then there's no doubt that she aimed to make use of Nanahara-san's temperament to pit us against class A."

It's true, after this, we have to deal with class A. Teiichi will contact me for sure. Right now he must be having a headache about this case, especially considering that he is also a member of the student council.

"That's why you instructing your minion to get Nanahara away from the scene of the incident, right?"

"Yes..."

"But how do you know which route they will take?"

"I don't know, that's why I spread my lackeys all over several routes from school to the dorms."

This girl is always prepared. Now only one thing remains unclear. "Do you know who finished off the victim?"

"...Unfortunately I don't know that as well."

If the perpetrators could escape Kasai's information network, then they must be very good at it. Most likely they are the White Roomer and that's why the biggest suspect right now is Ishikawa from class D. As long as we can't find the real culprit, Nanahara might not be able to escape punishment.

"There's one more thing I want to ask, those minions of yours...can we use them as witnesses?"

Their testimony can prove that Nanahara never went to the scene of the incident. Everything will be easier then. No, it's stupid if we don't involve them.

"Of course, although their testimony will not guaranteed victory. After their encounter with Nanahara-san, they immediately went to attend club activities."

Nanahara did say that they were gone when he returned to the intersection. Well, I can't blame them if they have club activities. They probably didn't expect that Nanahara would return to the intersection.

"Well, I didn't expect that things would go smoothly, but at least we have a chance to save her."

"Yeah," Kasai responded with a strange smile. "But you also need to know Kurose-kun that this matter is not only about Nanahara-san."

It's not just Nanahara? So there are other people involved as well? When I was about to ask what she meant suddenly my cell phone rang. I quickly took it out of my pocket. At first, I thought it was a call from Teiichi but it turned out to be from Nee-chan.

"Perfect timing," Kasai said as if she knew my sister would call me.

"Hello?" I picked up the phone.

"Yuki! Are you in the room?" Unlike her usual manner, Nee-chan sounded a bit more serious.

"Yes, what's up?"

"Don't go anywhere, I'll go there with Saki-chan," Shiraishi? Looks like they want to talk about something serious. Maybe this is what Kasai meant. But how did Class B get involved?

"Okay, I'll wait..." Nee-chan immediately hung up the phone after saying that.

"It seems you will have guests," Kasai stood up.

"You want to go now?"

"Yeah, at this point I believe you can handle it yourself. I wanted to have dinner here, but maybe next time. See you Kurose-kun and best of luck in handling this case."

Actually, I still have a lot to ask, but since Nee-chan is on her way here so I have let her go. Nee-chan will have a lot to ask if she saw her in my room again. After she left, I decided to make some drinks for my new guests. Ten minutes later I heard the sound of a door being opened. After Kasai left, I don't even bother to lock the door.

"Yuki, I'm coming in!"

"Sorry for intruding..."

"Sorry for intruding."

Nee-chan and Shiraishi entered the room just as I carried the teacup to the table. For a moment, I thought I heard a man's voice with them. Apparently, when I looked at the door Masaki Akio had also come with them. Nee-chan didn't say that she would bring him as well.

"Welcome," I said to them. "Masaki? Nee-chan didn't say that you would also come..."

"Ah, sorry Yukiharu-kun," Shiraishi said. "He asked to come along, I hope you don't mind."

"It's fine, I just didn't expect him to tag along."

"Oh, have you made tea for us? Great, but you shouldn't bother..."

"It's okay, unfortunately, I only make three. Sit down while I make another cup."

"No need Kurose." Masaki raised his hand to stop me. "I don't intend to stay long..."

"You have other business?" I asked.

"Yeah,"

"In that case, alright then."

I sat with them at the coffee table. Me and Shiraishi were facing each other, Masaki was on the right while Nee-chan was on the left but her position was slightly closer to Shiraishi. Based on what Kasai had implied just now, there was a possibility that their arrival had something to do with today's case. Well, it's time to find out.

"So what do you need from me?"

Nee-chan looked nonchalant, while Shiraishi and Masaki exchanged glances as if to see if the other wanted to speak first. In the end, it was Shiraishi who opened up the conversation. "Yukiharu-kun. You must already know about what happened to the Class A students, right?"

"Of course," I answered plainly. "My classmate was accused as a suspect, and I just came back from her room."

The trial will likely be a closed trial, but if they are involved then we can ask them to help with the investigation. From the student council's point of view, this was the third time the Class C students had gotten into trouble, so there was a possibility that they might be slightly biased during the trial. Not to mention when we consider Nanahara's reputation. Class B's involvement, in this case, could have helped us if the circumstances allowed it.

"So you're going to help her?" Nee-chan asked. "I mean, are you sure she's innocent?"

"Obviously. Nanahara might be a bit harsh, but this time I'm sure she's innocent..."

"Then this might be a bit difficult..." Shiraishi muttered.

"What do you mean?" what did she mean by difficult? Me helping Nanahara make the situation more difficult for them?

"Let me explain," Masaki replied. "Nanahara-san isn't the only suspect."

"Not the only one?" I immediately remembered what Sensei said earlier. There seems to be one more alternative possibility in this case than accidents and assault. "So who's the other suspects?"

"...Shimada," Masaki answered with a gloomy face. I know that guy quite well, and I don't think he's one to get into fights with others.

"Tell me what happened..."

Masaki looked back at Shiraishi as if seeking approval. It felt like he was still hesitant to tell me everything, even though he had already come this far. Luckily Shiraishi nodded steadily, and Masaki finally speak. "Did you know everything that happened?"

"Only half of it. I only know what Nanahara told me."

"What did she say to you?" Masaki asked me with a serious face.

"...Before that, why don't you tell me what you know first."

Masaki again looked hesitant to speak, Shiraishi once again gave him a little encouragement. "It's okay, Masaki-kun. Tell him everything."

"Are you sure we can trust him?" asked Masaki.

"Oi, what was that?" Nee-chan grumbled. "Why did say that, when we are already here? Are you telling me that my brother can't be trusted?"

"That's not it, Kurose-san. It's just that sometimes our interests can collide." Ah, I get the point.

"What do you mean?"

"Let me explain," I interrupted. "Since there are two suspects in this case, then there is a possibility that if we save one the other will shoulder the blame. Of course, it all depends on the evidence."

"Right," Shiraishi agreed. "That's why I said it would be difficult because as a member of class C, it's only natural for Yukiharu-kun to stick up for his friend."

That was what made Masaki a little worried. If he spoke carelessly then I could just use his testimony to incriminate Shimada and divert the blame from Nanahara. The opposite also applies, depending on who will be class B's representative in the trial later. I trust Shiraishi but it's not certain that her partner will think the same way. I don't want to waste my friendship with Class B, so maybe cooperation is the only way. Shiraishi came here because she believed in me after all.

"You have the right to be concerned," I said to Masaki. "But don't worry, because Shimada is also my friend. I don't want to see him get into trouble."

Masaki stared at me intently, perhaps to see a hint of seriousness or deceit behind my words. Apart from being worried about Shimada, maybe he also came here because he was afraid that I would take advantage of my good relationship with Shiraishi to dig up more information. At least I hope he can understand that I have no ill intentions with their class.

"So you are willing to help him?" Masaki asked me as if to make sure one last time.

Of course, I want to help as much as I can." Class B was directly above us, so competition with them was inevitable. Even so, it doesn't seem wise if I hastily end our relationship.

"Okay, I trust you for now," Masaki decided after a moment's thought. "So before I tell you, you know where they found the victim, right?"

I recalled the information we got before meeting Nanahara. "I think it's near the baseball field, right?"

"Yes, next to it there is an old shopping building that is currently undergoing major renovations," Masaki began to explain the sequence of events. "Therefore, the baseball field should not be used temporarily for safety reasons and also because they are stockpiling building materials there. The problem is that Shimada and a few other members of the baseball club ignore the ban and secretly use the field for practice."

"So they were in the field when the victims got there?"

"It seems so..."

"Did they see him?"

"No, Shimada admits that he never saw him passing by on the street. Maybe he got distracted by his training."

"Shimada is practicing with the other club members right?"

"Yeah, he's training with three other guys. At that time one of the balls was lost because he hit it too far...and the ball was found by the security staff not far from the victim..."

"So they think the victim fainted from being hit by a baseball?" I've read on the internet that the exit speed of a baseball is around 103 mph or around 165 kmph. Even 90 mph is enough to cause permanent facial injuries.

"Yeah, what's worse, he was on the stairs at the time. It is presumed he ran up a makeshift staircase installed for renovation purposes. Because of that, it is assumed that he fell from it the stairs after getting hit with the ball."

Wow, that explains why he had to be treated. But what I don't understand is why he chose to run there. Did he try to hide there?

"When did you guys hear that Shimada was a suspect?"

"Not long after school." This time it was Shiraishi who answered. "Masaki-kun and I were summoned by sensei to the staff room. He explained the situation to us and asked us to be Class B's representatives in the trial, or at least appoint someone else who could represent us."

Hm, Shionome-sensei didn't appoint a representative but left everything to us. It seems the class B homeroom teacher has a slightly different approach. I asked Masaki and Shiraishi "Is that all?"

"Yeah, that's all we know," Shiraishi replied again.

"Well...that's quite an interesting story. Now it's my turn," I told them Nanahara's testimony. The faces of the three changed slightly when they heard my story. They would eventually find out at the trial too, so I had nothing to hide.

"Uwaah, that girl has some guts," Nee-chan commented. "Are you sure she's innocent, Yuki? I know she's your classmate but still..."

"She kicked him in the stomach," Masaki added. "I know that doesn't mean she's the one who beat the victim black and blue, but that would be hard on you."

I can only laugh bitterly. "Well, she sure has quite a temper, but she's also honest. I would have believed her if she said she didn't do it."

"Trust alone won't save her," Masaki said.

"I know, that's why over the next two days we have to gather as much evidence and leads as we can."

Shiraishi nodded. "We know, tomorrow Masaki-kun will be in charge of looking for witnesses, while I will investigate the crime scene. Do you want to come with me Kurose-kun?"

"Of course, I also want to see the crime scene. Oh yes. Satonaka is also in charge of gathering information, maybe you can contact her, Masaki."

"I will," said Masaki.

"How about you, Nee-chan? What would you do?"

"You know I'm not good at this kind of thing. I'm just here to accompany the two of them. Then I'll just sit back and wait for the results," of course, I know. I asked that just to make fun of her but she didn't realize the sarcasm.

"Okay, since it's already dark, you guys want to eat?"

"Sorry, Yukiharu-kun," replied Shiraishi with an apologetic face. "I want to, but unfortunately I already have an appointment with someone."

"Neither can I," said Masaki. "There are a lot of things I have to take care of. See you at the trial."

Shiraishi then turned to my sister. "Yukie-chan, do you want to stay here?"

"Yeah, I'm too lazy to go back, so maybe I'll have dinner here as well..."

"I see, then I shall go now. Goodbye, both of you."

Shiraishi and Masaki said their goodbyes and left immediately after. Now it's just me and my sister. I stood up and carried two teacups into the kitchen.

"Yuki.." Nee-chan called me.

"Yes?"

"Why are you suddenly being proactive?"

I put all the cups in the sink and then cleaned my hands. "What do you mean?"

"Normally you wouldn't get too involved with something like this. Usually, you'd just let things happen and then make a commentary out of it after it was over. This time you even attend the trial. Was there something that prompted you to do that?"

This isn't the first time she's brought up something like this. Even though I often don't notice changes in my daily life, Nee-chan is more sensitive in this matter. She was right, someone was pushing me to change my stance, but there was no way I could tell her that. "I just wanted to help my classmate..."

Nee-chan stared at me fixedly. Just like what Masaki did several minutes ago. "Well, whatever, it's fine as long as you're careful. I just don't want you to get dragged into a shitty mess."

"Don't worry, I'll be careful..." My sister can be quite a worrywart. Every day she looks more and more like my mother. "Now, how about we make something? Looks like I still have a few eggs. We can make omelets."

"Sure," Nee-chan stood up from her seat with a rather melancholy face. "That would be nice."

***

This part was a bit longer than I thought so the Investigation part will happen in the next chapter.  Let's hope that the trial part wouldn't be too long because I can't wait to write the Island exam. Or course, I'm not planning to rush it either.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

431K 13.9K 71
This is my first fic and I've no plans to update it any sooner. And believe me, even I cringe at some parts. This is a fanfiction set in the COTE uni...
14 0 13
Blue Clover Private Academy. Established for over three hundred years. Now, in the year 2523, the world has changed, so has the school, along with th...
1.9K 157 67
David Lee transferred to a new school on his third year of High School in Japan. Little did he know, that he will encounter many twists of fate itsel...
1.6K 34 9
It was a normal day at Areishia Spirit Academy well until 3 new transfer students inrolled into the school Jameel and his two friends Michael and Tre...