From one night to life

By Andyerobertbr

What can happen when one night totally changes the story of two people who are passionate about their work an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 -Christmas special
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
COMMUNICATE
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81 - Special Christmas
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Statement
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94

Chapter 72

192 17 2
By Andyerobertbr

Author's Note: We apologize for the delay in posting the chapter. We are both in moments where real life needed more attention than our dear Fanfic. We hope you like this chapter.

When Andy saw Pruit coming out of the arrivals gate, she ran to him and hugged him. She never thought she would have this attitude, but that's how she acted. She didn't know if that hug was just longing or gratitude for all the effort he had put into raising her alone. The fact is that, despite being hurt by having had a life of lies, she recognized how much he tried to offer her what he thought was the best in the face of her mother's absence.

Pruit was moved by the receptivity. As much fun as she had on the trip, he missed his daughter. He didn't imagine what had happened in his absence, so he didn't understand the real reason Andy had acted like that.

Pruit: Hey hija! How good to see you again.

Andy: I missed you.

Pruit: I'm getting it.

He said laughing, because his daughter was still hugging him.

Pruit: And Robert? Where is my favorite son-in-law?

Andy: He's working. He wanted to come with me, but I didn't think it was necessary for him to miss work because of that.

Pruit: And you? Is today your free day?

Andy: No. Jack is in my place for today.

Pruit: Oh yeah. So let's go home. I'm tired and want to wear comfortable clothes.

They proceeded to Pruit's house. All the way, Pruit told about his trip. He was very happy and Andy felt terrible knowing that at some point she would have to disturb his joy to tell him about Elena.

When they got home, Pruit opened the bag of gifts and handed Andy what he had bought for her, as well as some gifts her aunts and uncles had sent from Puerto Rico. She loved everything she got and was really enjoying knowing the stories that her father told her.

While Pruit rested, Andy made lunch for the two of them. They had lunch together and at no time did Andy feel ready to talk to him. She wondered if it would be fair to wait a few days, but on the other hand, she was already distressed by having this information stored away for so long. She was also afraid that her father would look for Elena and that he would find out the truth from her first. She was indecisive and her mind wasn't focused on what Pruit was telling her.

Pruit: Andrea, did you hear what I said?

Andy: Oh! Sorry. I was thoughtful. But what did you say?

Pruit: I said I want to go to the station. I want to take the team gifts.

Andy: Okay. We can go after I wash the dishes from lunch.

Pruit: Could you probe with your husband if he will also be at the station. I don't want to risk leaving him without his gift while everyone else is getting it.

Andy: I'll call him.

Andy collected the dishes and went into the kitchen to wash them. Meanwhile, Pruit went to his room to change clothes and organize the objects in his bags, separating what was present, what was to be kept and which clothes should go to the laundry.

When Andy finished doing the dishes, she called Robert. He was in a meeting, but he became concerned when he saw that Andy was trying to communicate. He figured she might have revealed everything to Pruit and needed to vent her feelings to her husband. Then Robert excused himself and left the conference room. He answered the call a little distressed.

Robert: Andy? Everything is fine?

Andy: It's okay yeah. Am I disturbing you?

Robert: I'm in a meeting, but I'm also worried about your conversation with your father.

Andy: Um... I still haven't found the right time for this.

Robert: I understand. You don't have to do everything today. But you shouldn't delay too much either.

Andy: I know. I will find the right time.

Robert: Well then, if you called me it's because you had a reason.

Andy: My dad is going to the station to bring the team gifts and he wants to know if his favorite son-in-law will be there too.

Robert: You too with that favorite son-in-law thing? I hope to be your father's only son-in-law.

Andy: You are and always will be the only son-in-law. I wouldn't be crazy enough to leave you for any man. You know that I only know how to love you more every day.

Robert: I know that, but it's always good to hear it again. You will also always be the love of my life.

Andy: So what am I supposed to say to my dad? Are you going to 19 today?

Robert: I wouldn't go today, but I can anticipate my visit next week and meet my father-in-law.

Andy: Great. He will be happy to see you.

Robert: I'll be happy to see him too.

They ended the call. At the end of the afternoon, Andy and Pruit went to the station, surprising everyone, as no one imagined that Pruit would show up there on the same day he arrived from the trip. Everyone was happy to see him. Travis quickly called a pizzeria and asked them to deliver some pizzas to the station. While they waited for the pizzas, Pruit took the opportunity to deliver the gifts he had bought. When the pizzas arrived, they went into the kitchen and sat around the table eating and listening to Pruit's stories about Puerto Rico.

At a certain point, the station alarm sounded and they were discouraged, as they wanted to continue eating and listening to the stories. The call seemed to be a quick one, so Pruit decided to wait for them to come back. As Andy wasn't working that day, she didn't go to the call and stayed at the station keeping her father company.

About 40 minutes after the team had left, Robert arrived at the station. First he shook hands with his father-in-law, greeting him.

Pruit: Good to see you again, Robert.

Robert: It's good to have you back. I hope you had fun.

Pruit: Without a doubt, I had a lot of fun.

Robert: Glad to hear that.

Then Robert gave his wife a hug and a brief kiss.

Robert: Is everything okay?

Andy: Yes.

Andy showed Robert that she was a little distressed and he hugged her calming her down. Without Pruit hearing, he whispered in her ear:

Robert: It's going to be okay.

Pruit soon approached the two to deliver some gifts to Robert. They stayed at the station talking until the team returned. Robert went home alone, as Andy had to take Pruit away first.

When Andy got home, Robert was anxious to hear how her and Pruit's conversation had gone.

Andy: I didn't have the courage. He is so happy. I don't remember seeing my dad this happy since my mom left.

Robert: I know it's not going to be an easy conversation, but you can't put it off too long.

Andy: You're right. I'll talk to him tomorrow. The A-team doesn't work tomorrow, so I'll have one more day off to be with my dad.

Robert: And you already know, if you need me, I'll be ready to give you the necessary support.

Andy: I know that.

She kissed her husband and they both went to get ready for bed.

When day broke, Robert went to work and Andy to Pruit's house. She was tense and her expression made it clear when Pruit opened the door. So, he soon questioned worriedly:

Pruit: Hija... Is everything okay? She hadn't expected your visit at this hour. And you look awful.

Andy: Can I come in?

Pruit: Of course. This house is yours too.

Andy walked into Pruit's house. She took a deep breath and started to say:

Andy: Papi, let's sit in the living room. I need to talk to you.

Pruit: Are you pregnant?

Andy was startled by her father's question.

Andy: No... I mean... I don't know... well... that's not what I want to talk about.

Pruit: But is there a possibility that you could be pregnant?

Andy: Dad, I'm a married woman. That possibility may exist at any time, but that's not what I want to talk about.

Pruit: Then speak up. I'm getting worried.

Andy: While you were away, I came over to your house to pick up my mother's cookbook.

Pruit: Yes. That much I know. I told you where I was.

Andy: As I was looking through the cookbook, I started going through some old stuff that was in storage. And then I found a box with some letters.

Pruit's eyes widened when she heard what Andy said. He quickly got up from the sofa and said angrily:

Pruit: Who gave you permission to go through my stuff? You were only supposed to get the cookbook and nothing else. I did not authorize you to invade my privacy.

Andy was angry with her father's reaction. He had lied to her for years and now he was yelling at her. Then, she also started to alter her voice.

Andy: Your stuff? Your privacy? The letters that were there were all in my name. They were letters I should have received since I was 18.

Pruit: I'm your father and as your guardian, I kept them because there was nothing in there you needed to know.

Andy: Nothing I needed to know? You mean, even after I was an adult, I didn't have the right to know that my mother was always alive and that she was trying to make contact with me. A contact you've kept from me all these years.

Pruit: You didn't believe what was in those letters, did you!?

Andy: I not only believed it, I went after my story.

Andy was pacing back and forth, completely nervous.

Andy: I went to New York. I met my mother. I know the whole truth now.

Pruit was completely scared. He never imagined Andy would discover the truth this way. He wanted to tell her one day, but he never had the courage to do it. He had always seen her as a little girl and now she was a woman who had pursued her story without his presence.

Andy: What about dad? Won't you say anything? Are you going to continue denying that my mother is alive? Will you continue to deny that you hid the truth from me?

Pruit: I'm not denying anything. I'm just deeply disappointed that you did everything you did behind my back. I am not the villain of this story as you are saying.

Andy: I'm not saying you're the bad guy. I just want you to be honest with me about this. I know you tried to protect me, but I'm a grown woman now and I can handle it.

Pruit: Okay. What would you like me to have done? That I told you I'm a liar? That I always knew your mother was alive? You would hate me.

Andy realizing that the conversation was not going to a good place, decided to lower the tone of her voice and calm the anguish that his father was feeling.

Andy: No dad. Of course I wouldn't hate you. I confess that I was upset at first and it wasn't easy to deal with so many unanswered questions, but little by little I understood that you were not to blame.

Andy approached her father, took his hands and said:

Andy: I know you did your best to take care of me and my mom even though she lives so far away. You didn't abandon her. She told me everything. I know it wasn't easy for you. And I'm grateful for everything you've done for us.

Pruit: So... you're not mad at me?

Andy: Of course not. I love you and I am lucky to have you as my father. You were and still are the best father you can be.

Andy then hugged her dad tightly. A hug that made both of them cry with a mixture of relief and gratitude for that moment.

Pruit: I always thought you wouldn't forgive me, but I didn't know how to tell you that your mother chose to leave home and leave us. I didn't know how to explain to you that I didn't know how to interpret the signs of depression she had. So I was left with sustaining this lie for so many years.

Andy: I understand. Even today it is difficult to talk about mental health. Back then... But let's turn this page. Let's follow our life with a new chapter of this story. I want to get to know my mother better and I would like to have you by my side in this process.

Pruit: Nothing would make me happier than seeing the two women in my life together.

Andy: We'll be a family again.

She hugged her father and felt embraced in that hug just like when she was a child. Now she felt completely ready to let Elena into her life for good.

Authors' Note: Today is Father's Day in Brazil and we have a special chapter between Andy and Pruit. We wish you a Happy Father's Day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 323 14
a surrera story also I know it says complete but it is not and I don't know how to change it I also know I haven't updated in ages but I don't know h...
17.5K 787 24
Enjoy a surrera story everyday until Christmas!
741 31 1
This is the SEVENTH story in my collection of #SURRERA Stories. PLEASE NOTE: All of my stories are apart of COLLECTION OF STORY EPISODES as I call th...
12.6K 504 20
One-shot with stories from our favorite Station 19 couple Andy and Robert. We hope you enjoy. This is the English version remembering that English...