Tails of the Kitsune.

By ALDavidson1996

FanFiction: Kakashi x OC *Based on the first series of Naruto 2002-2007* Aimi Hidaka was bound to an elementa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.

Chapter 8

186 3 0
By ALDavidson1996

I'm brought into a large room, a unlit fireplace in the center of the wall opposite us which was surrounded by a bunch of sofas and a detailed rug. The walls covered by bookshelves and a few tables dotted around. Looks to be some kind of communal area for the Jonin of the village. If I were to guess.

"I'll get that fire started."

Jiraiya says, walking toward the fireplace as my gaze pans over to it, my eyes flashing orange for a second as the wood immediately ignites - the flames strong as the sound of the wood crackles. A small surprised yelp leaving the Sage as he looks back at me.

"Whoa..."

Naruto whispers, gazing at me in awe as I smile at him. Ruffling his hair as Kit and I move to sit in front of the fire. The warmth on my skin making me shiver.

"Start talking..."

Kakashi says as he leans against a bookcase with his arms crossed, my eyes narrowing as the temptation to drop a few of the heavy encyclopedias on his head runs through my mind. Kit letting out a little growl as he tells me not to. Party pooper.

"Gee, when you ask so nicely. Why wouldn't I tell you everything..."

I say sarcastically, Guy and Jiraiya sitting on the couch opposite me as I remain on the floor in front of the fire.

"So... Kit found me when I was a baby,  abandoned in a forest by my parents because ya know, they're great folks."

Kakashi's eyes remain on me as Naruto joins me on the floor. His legs crossing beneath him.

"I was never afraid of Kit or his power, when he found me, he was young too so we were both kinda on the same journey together. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have made it through the night. It was so lonely for both of us and when we agreed to come together, everything felt like it was going to be okay. Even at such a young age I knew we were meant to find each other, as cheesy as that sounds."

Steam starts to rise off my wet clothes as I radiate energy from my body, drying the clothes and my hair in a few short moments. I could've manipulated the raindrops not to hit me and avoid getting wet altogether but I was worried that I'd draw more attention to myself. Plus, it requires a fair amount of concentration and at the time I was being hunted so, ya know, my mind was elsewhere.

"Why are you so different to the other fox spirits?"

Jiraiya asks me, his tone full of curiosity.

"Well, as history books and children tales note - the Yokai are usually known for being harmful and destructive spirits. Some I've known, like the nine-tailed in Naruto. Others? Others I wish I will never know... Because if they walk the Earth? Death will follow, it can show as plagues and war. You'd have to kill the Yokai for all of that to stop and as you are aware, it's hard to do so."

I trail off a little, some hints of fear in my voice.

"You've all experienced what the Nine-Tailed is capable of. So take that information and trust that,  because you've never heard of Kit and I, that we are no danger to you or anyone in the village. In fact, if I had come along while it was under attack - you'd see me fighting to protect it, not trying to destroy it."

I say, my hands running through my hair now it had dried. Kit choosing the amusing option of approaching Kakashi's, his eyes looking up at him as he shakes off the water from his fur violently. The Jonin immediately covering his face as Naruto laughs loudly.

"Really?"

The masked ninja mutters, his tone less than amused at my fox's actions as I look at the water covering him.

"You can't blame him, you did throw a paper bomb at us. Be lucky he shook off when he's small, otherwise you'd be drenched."

I chuckle, trying to lighten up the situation but only Jiraiya and Guy laughs, my eyes leaving Kakashi as he stays quiet.

"So where do you live?"

Naruto asks and I look at him, giving him a smile.

"We don't have a home. Never had the opportunity to stay anywhere long enough to make roots. Everyone tends to react like you all did when they finally find out our secret. Doesn't make it easy to live peacefully."

I see his eyes sadden as I place my hand on his, giving it a squeeze as Kit comes over and licks his cheek, causing the boy to laugh.

"Oh, I know...! You can live with me!"

"Naruto..."

Kakashi says in a disapproving tone.

"She won't be living with you."

"Well why not? She can't live on the street!"

He yells now as Jiraiya smacks the back of his head to shut him up.

"She can stay at my house, I have another place I can stay while we figure it all out."

The Sage says to me as I smile, keeping my concern to myself as I think of how many ladies he's probably brought back to it. Or maybe they all find him as Pervy as Naruto and I. If that's the case I imagine it's fine.

"Thank you... I can just camp out in the forest though, I'm used to it. You don't have to make any sacrifices for me."

"You gotta stick around, I want to know more about your abilities! Will I be able to do the same stuff as you?"

Naruto asks as I tilt my head at him. Kakashi moving to perch on the edge of the couch. His gaze looking down on me.

"Well... No, not exactly. Kit is an Elemental spirit so I have power over the elements, like Fire and Water for example. Also, my own chakra is unbelievably strong so I can use that if I need to, it takes a lot out of me though. The Nine-Tailed in you is different, it's red chakra is born from..."

I pause, looking at the boy before the other three Jonin.

"Don't stop now, tell him."

Kakashi demands and I purse my lips at him, my eyes narrowing as they flash orange from irritation. A sigh escaping me as I turn to focus on the boy in front of me.

"The red chakra is born from chaos. However, that doesn't represent who you are as a person. Just like how I don't fall into the same category of all the other Yokai."

Naruto nods slowly as the fire crackles loudly behind us. All three of the men watching me intently.

"You walk the path you choose kid, just like I did. Don't let anyone tell you who you should be and don't let people label you like they do with me, you know you're a good person. That's all that matters."

I give him a bright smile and he returns a cheeky grin, his hands behind his head as he laughs.

"How do we know what you're saying is the truth?"

Kakashi asks, clearly distrustful of me as I look down at Kit, small barks coming from him as I raise an eyebrow.

"I don't think they'd believe me if I tell them that."

The fox barks and growls at me again, his bushy tail twitching side to side as I sigh.

"Fine..."

I roll my eyes before turning my body to face the three Jonin. A sigh escaping me.

"A few years ago, you may have heard of or even experienced a strange phenomenon where it hadn't rained, nothing would grow and lightening would happen day and night, causing wild fires and..."

"That was you?!"

Guy asks and I just look at him, my expression far from amused.

"If you shut up and stop interrupting me, I'll tell you."

I growl and he sits back on the couch, slightly embarrassed.

"As I was saying, that phenomenon went on for almost, six months? And then out of nowhere, one night it suddenly stopped. Rain fell from the sky, the earth and crops suddenly started to flourish again and the fires were merely smoke and a bad memory."

All four of them seemed to lean forward as their curiosity peaks, my eyes glancing at Kit as he says 'I told you so' in my mind.

"Those things stopped because Kit and I interfered. We fought against the flames, put life back into the earth and handled the nasty spirit who was casting the plague... Or whatever it is you guys called it."

"The day the rain came... I remember it. I heard stories where people were sure they were going to die from the wild fires, that they were surrounded by the flames and all of a sudden it just... Stopped."

Jiraiya whispers, looking at me with surprise in his eyes.

"That was all you? You saved countless lives, I had friends who were almost died from starvation and you were the reason why they lived?"

I look at the Sage, Kits ears sloping back as he feels sadness from the jonins story. My gaze softening as I speak again.

"Like I've been trying to say, we love humanity. We want to see life thrive. Life is such a precious thing and if we can help protect it, we will. I hope that one day, I can do enough to help you all see that."

They all remain quiet, even Kakashi as they look down at me. My eyes drifting between the four of them as I get slightly uncomfortable with the silence.

"You get one chance. That's it. If you mess up, I will not be held responsible for what happens next."

Kakashi says, his tone stern as I gaze up at him as he stands.

"I promise, you won't regret it."

"Make sure I don't."

The masked Jonin turns and walks away, leaving the rest of us behind as he steps out the room. Kit padding his paws behind him as he takes a few steps after him before I shake my head. The fox's tail lowering as he looks back at me. I just hope that we get the chance to show him that he's wrong. That he can trust us after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 13.4K 44
I'm (Y/n) (L/n), although my last name is not known to many people. I used to have a happy and chill childhood in a small hidden village from the Lan...
1.3K 90 19
A theif. An outcast. She stole from villages to survive, afraid to live among any village folk for fear that her uncontrollable power would wipe them...
362K 14.1K 80
(Y/n) (L/n), once a ordinary girl, living her life in the city of Queens, New York, will soon, and literally, get hit with a life altering expiernce...
4.8K 81 28
Abandoned by everyone she loved as a child, Koishii is terrified of letting anyone back into her heart, and leaves Konoha for the very fear of becomi...