Yours // Mikey

By Iamblazingrose

Chaos and torment. The two things Delle endured the most in her life. As she tried to get out of the mess, sh... More

Cover
Author's Message
Epistle
Prologue
One - Eyes
Two - Unseen
Three - Young
Four - Reservoir
Five - Angel
Six - Home
Author's Note
Seven - Here
Eight - Family
Nine - Skull
Ten - Found
Eleven - Free
Twelve - Neighbor
Thirteen - Welcome
Fourteen - Stranger
Fifteen - Goodbye
Sixteen - Wish
Seventeen - Moment
Eighteen - Favor
Nineteen - Manager
Twenty - Inside
Twenty One - Choice
Twenty Two - Toman
Twenty Three - Request
Twenty Four - Outcome
Twenty Five - Adore
Twenty Six - Answer
Twenty Seven - Feelings
Twenty Eight - Greeting
Twenty Nine - Holiday
Thirty - Checkmate
Thirty One - Parfait
Thirty Two - Wonder
Thirty Three - Dandelions
Thirty Four - Escape
Thirty Five - Surprise
Thirty Six - Conquerors
Thirty Seven - Flowers
Thirty Eight - Change
Thirty Nine - Keeper
Forty - Phrase
Forty One - Question
Forty Two - Flaws
Forty Three - Enchanted
Forty Four - Roses
Forty Five - Beginning
Forty Six - Decision
Forty Seven - Memento
Forty Eight - Whisper
Forty Nine - Bargain
Fifty - Treasure
Fifty One - Scheme
Fifty Two - Despair
Fifty Three - Abandon
Fifty Four - Stuck
Fifty Five - Lose
Fifty Six - Role
Fifty Seven - Word
Fifty Eight - Next
Fifty Nine - Arrival
Sixty - Juncture
Sixty One - Zilch
Sixty Two - Proposal
Sixty Three - Xenization
Sixty Four - Vagary
Sixty Five - Friends
Sixty Six - Vengeance
Sixty Seven - Woman
Sixty Eight - Dorayaki
Sixty Nine - Reception
Seventy - Subordinates
Seventy One - Ocassion
Seventy Two - Criminal
Seventy Three - Why
Seventy Four - Leave
Seventy Five - Wrong
Seventy Seven - Executives
Seventy Eight - Truth
Seventy Nine - Journal
Eighty - Traitor
Eighty One - Attack
Eighty Two - Dead
Eighty Three - Regress
Eighty Four - Brawl
Eighty Five - Character
Eighty Six - Kickoff
Eighty Seven - Final

Seventy Six - Celebration

299 18 6
By Iamblazingrose

A 5,000 square foot mansion room contained with almost 600 people occupied my vision. Each of us have our own masks to match the theme, and these five masks differ by one's specialization according to Nozomi and Luna.

At the end of the hall are the newest and some of the old members in white masks. Phoenix symbols carved on their covers. Since they're not holding titles, they're basically still at the first step to success of being a full-pledged Phoenix.

At the center stands the people who they refer to as Phoenix's brains, wearing gold masks this time. And before them are the special units, the brawn, the soldiers of the gang representing the color red.

And for the mysterious executives of the gang, black suited them best. While for the founder, the Phoenix Crown, her color would be red orange as close as a Phoenix itself.

I waited for Mizen to visit me again after they rescued me, however, two days have passed, and now we have this gathering where all of Phoenix's members are assembled—the celebration for the return of Phoenix's flaming crown.

They even got to throw me a party. Huh. Well I don't know what to feel about that even.

Luna and Nozomi said that not everybody in this gang knew their leader was taken by Bonten. Since Atarah, their current chief, was the one who planned to secretly go against Bonten with the executives.

They must've been too confident to think their boss won't fail. Or maybe they have that complete trust that their queen will succeed.

But what they didn't expect is that the future Atarah, the true Phoenix's flaming crown, will be taken over by me, the young Atarah who just came from the past. That's why their plan failed and Bonten was able to take me as hostage.

And as Nozomi discussed, the executives had a challenging time to contact me, their leader, for the plan. Since it failed because I consumed the future Delle's body, they weren't able to rescue me without planning first.

That's why the rest of these people know that Mizuno Atarah Delanel only disappeared for business matters and not because she turned out to be Bonten's hostage.

Yet base on their search team, another possible reason that the plan failed... was because there's a traitor in the gang who led the Phoenix Crown be captured by Bonten.

These people are known to be the best organization of all. The very gang who can fight against the top criminal organization, Bonten.

Phoenix, known to be the greatest gang full of skilled assassins, is ruled by their flaming crown, Atarah Delanel Mizuno, the person who was recently declared as Bonten's woman and Manjiro's queen.

Yet was still betrayed and left alone in the end.

So even in the future my life's so complicated, huh.

"We greet the Phoenix's flaming crown," people addressed, bowing to me.

I simply looked back, remembering Luna's instructions. Atarah, as she described, is a cold person, not with a cold personality but rather with an emotionless personality. That's why I have to act accordingly.

Thinking about it made me realize that I did become that person. But how much pain did I endure, did I suffer, to end up losing my emotions? How much more did I break? How broken was I? How hurt was I? How did I end up losing it?

"You said the rest of the executives just arrived?" I asked Nozomi who stood at my side while I sat on a golden chair, making me look like I'm sitting on a throne.

To be honest, it's pretty uncomfortable... and awkward. Thank goodness though that these people are chattering and dancing and eating as they have their own worlds, but I'm fully aware that their attention still remains on me.

Nozomi bent down a little to match my ears. "Yes. We've let you wait long enough. I apologize for that."

I tapped the arm rest of the seat. "I expect an explanation after the party at least."

"Yes. Of course. The executives themselves will explain everything to you, our queen." Nozomi remained bending forward. "The Phoenix's president herself would like to help our Atarah regain her memories."

"Hm..." I don't have any memories though, unless I experience the visions. "Who's the president you mentioned again?"

I have a feeling who she is 'cause if I were to create a gang this big, then my right hand would obviously be...

"Introducing the arrival of the Phoenix's executives!" They announced, interrupting our conversation.

I immediately noticed Mizen's changes.

Wearing different elegant black masks, the executives marched down the aisle with gorgeous and luxurious clothings as if they didn't just come back from a battle immediately after saving me.

They even have bodyguards around them, though my bodyguards are still more plentiful than them. The entire place silenced with only the sounds of drums welcoming them filled the vast room.

The music dropped and so did their knees. I almost jumped at their sudden movement. Yah. It'll really take me a while to get used to this kind of treatment. Who would even think these high, rich people would bow to me?

"Rise," I responded when Nozomi gestured at me.

I turned to Nozomi with cringe. Ugh, really, this pressure and responsibility is too much for me. I hope I did well in my acting.

"Our glorious majesty," one of the executives spoke.

That familiar voice and calling... There's only one person who keeps calling me that.

"Go ahead," I acknowledged. "Speak. President Kei."

Her brow arose. The edge of her lip curving upwards. She bowed, hand over her chest. Even the way she acts and dresses, I guessed right. Kei's one of the executives—the president even.

"First, we welcome back our Phoenix Crown," Kei said. "As for the report, we will explain all the details later to not ruin the day. I then congratulate everyone for this success. We offer you once again our victory, chief."

Okay... so... what should I say next?

I tried to whisper. "Um, Nozo—Eh?"

H-he's disappeared! Ugh, whatever. I need to think. What should I say? Everybody's watching me. I'm... I'm anxious. What if I do wrong? What if...

Della.

It's... Mikey's voice...

His sweet, gentle voice...

You don't have to please anyone else.

Ah... That's right.

I don't need them to like me.

I need to be true to myself.

I can do this.

"I'd like to extend my gratitude to you who succeeded in your mission," I thanked, with hand gestures. "A toast for our victory. A glorious night to all. Cheers."

And when I thought I failed as everyone went quiet, Mikey's words echoed again.

Even if you think you're a failure... even if you're a failure... I appreciate you for who you are.

Mikey accepted me.

Mikey...

Mikey...

My Mikey...

How could I even not love you?

And when I thought the crowd really will remain silent, a sudden burst of applause made me open my eyes to reality, witnessing these people cheering for me. They made a toast and smiled proudly.

I... did quite well, didn't I?

But the only person who I want to see me standing here like this isn't even here with me. The only person who was proud of me even when I was hopeless, the only person who I wanted to continuously be proud of me is not here watching me celebrating this success.

It doesn't feel that great at all.

Hey, Mikey...

If having this fame and victory would make me lose you...

I looked down on the black carpet, feeling something painful in my chest. "...then I don't want it."

The executives proceeded with speaking to special guests on my behalf. I'm glad that they announced that I'm off limits for tonight, meaning, no one is allowed to approach me unless I do so. They obviously made this excuse to protect me since I have "amnesia."

"Have you heard?"

Hm? I don't really do gossip, but I do enjoy hearing other people do, and this one sounds interesting. Though such a shame that even in this eminent gang there are these kinds of people lurking. Well, I'll still listen to see if I can grasp any relevant information.

"Bonten has gone rampage."

My attention's hooked in a snap.

"Really? It's not on the news."

"The news only spoke of their violence in the malls."

What?

"Isn't that what a rampage is?"

"I've searched into it and found that they lost something."

"I thought it's someone."

Er...

"Someone? Is it a woman?"

"A woman? Nothing and no one satisfies those people."

"Exactly. So a woman is not enough reason for them to keep destroying the city."

"I hired the best investigator and he informed me of their doings."

"It was said to be a special woman for the Bonten's executives."

"She's declared as Bonten's woman and became Manjiro's queen."

Hm. If no one really knows I was Bonten's hostage, then all of the people we've interacted with before might be silenced by Bonten themselves.

It's not impossible, after witnessing what they did to Calista and her father.

These people gossiping are part of the white masked members, and yet they have no clue that the person they're talking about is literally in front of them.

Yes, the person who's said to be Bonten's woman and Manjiro's queen is me, your Phoenix Crown.

"Is she that important?"

"I'm curious as well. Bonten's never interested in anyone."

"Some people said they saw her in a club?"

"That woman might've seduced them with her body."

Gee. I've been seeing these lines in books. I can't believe I'm hearing them now. Feels like I've transported to a fantasy or romance book or something. Haha.

"For real, she might be a prostitute."

"A scarlet woman perhaps. Hahaha!"

"Sshh, the chief's here," they hushed when they saw me.

They looked down, seeing me drilling my annoyed face at them. I would've wanted to order the guards to kick them out, but I'm not even the real Atarah.

"A p-pleasant evening, Queen Atarah."

"Hm. It was pleasant... until you," I boringly answered and walked away.

Okay, that was a slip of the tongue. I lost my composure. Tsk.

"What's with her?"

"Shh! It's our fault."

"That's her personality, why are you surprised?" One of them questioned.

"Right. You should be honored she didn't ignore you."

"Yeah. She usually just pass by and don't bother talking at all."

Huh. So that's my future personality.

"Taking a stroll?" Mizen approached me, hands in his pockets. I recognized his voice and that stature.

"Not really," I replied. "I'm here for the food."

It's actually half-truth. I want to get food then leave.

"Let me get it for yo—"

"It's okay," I cut him off. "I'll get it myself."

I really want to be alone for a while. I'm a little uncomfortable with this whole celebration thingy.

Mizen, wearing a black Phoenix mask pursed his lips. He raked his hair, stopping midway as he scoffed.

"You can't lie to me about that anymore," he responded, laying out his palm in front of me. "Come on, I'll take you to your room." I disappointingly looked at him, but then he added, "After you get your food of course."

My half-smile slowly crept in. I accepted his hand. Cool and not much moistened. At least somehow I became comfortable with his touch as Mizen gently wrapped his fingers around mine. I bewilderingly glanced at it.

"I'll accompany the queen. You may leave," he ordered the five guards behind before tilting his head to look at me. "Feel better? I didn't think you'd be this uncomfortable. Sorry."

I shook my head. "No... I don't know. I just don't feel like..."

...I belong here.

Rather, I don't feel at home.

But where is home?

When I think about that word, I can't help but think of him. I can't help but long for him, everything about him—his touch, his embrace, his voice, his laugh, his gaze, his smile, his words, his heart, his thoughts.

This is why... I was afraid to love him.

Even though I yearned for his love back.

It's because I'm afraid things like this would happen.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to live properly if he disappears in my life.

And I miss my friends and my family.

I guess I became too attached to them.

That living without them feels... lonely.

And here we are now...

...living a life without them.

"Alright."

Mizen didn't force me to finish when he noticed my hesitation. He then led me to the food tables and let me freely take whatever dish I want. I only took one plate with tiny servings of most dishes.

"Is that all?"

"Yeah. I'm only satisfying my cravings. I'm not that hungry."

Normally I'd double the amount 'cause I'd share my food with... Ah. I'm thinking about him again.

Mizen unexpectedly smiled, wiping out whatever negative emotion I was feeling at the moment. "Okay then, but you sure you're leaving out the brigadeiros?"

"Hm?" I faced the dessert table. "Oh. Those..." Mikey and I ate these before. "Well, it does look..."

Delle-licious.

I snorted to myself out of nowhere, recalling that crazy memory. I paused when I realized. Tsk. Darn it.

I just really miss him.

"What's funny?"

"Oh. It's nothing." I swept out my smile. "Thank you for reminding me. I'll gladly take these."

Because taking these feels like I'm keeping these little but beautiful memories of him, and reliving it, even if it's just in my head, even if it's already in the past, even if it's gone now.

"Atarah."

"Huh?"

I jolted at his sudden forwardness. Mizen held my nape as he lowered his head to whisper.

"After you finish your meal, wear something formal but comfortable," Mizen said, his breath a li'l ticklish. "The rest of the executives wants to meet you."

My eyes widened. "...Okay."

He then stood straight up, removing his hand. His touch still lingering on my neck. "They'll answer your questions and you'll do the same to them."

It was then my 12th sigh in an hour and a half. I wasn't able to eat my whole meal properly because of my nervousness. I'd be meeting the bosses of this highly-recognized gang even though they are my friends. Well, some of them.

Maybe I'm nervous because I'm aware they've changed? Or is it because I'm afraid they'll get mad if I tell them that I... still want to go back to him.

Do I really still want to go back to him? To that dreadful, traumatizing place filled with killings and shootings and sins ruled by him?

I'm not gonna lie. There are times I question my love for Mikey, but no matter what reality I face, no matter how much he's hurt me, I just really do care about him.

I'm desperate to save him.

That's why I need to go back.

But there's something I need to do first.

Next Chapter >>>

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this story. Thank you and take care, everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.2M 36.7K 41
"Volleyball is the most important to me", Oikawa said while rejecting you. He always considered having a girlfriend an obstacle in improving. So why...
5.2K 302 10
Guys this book is the continuation of my book Mafia Queen 2. Because of some problems with my phone I was not able to update from my old account. Enj...
236K 6.9K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...