ex boyfriend | lee heeseung

By hoonsbbokie

y/n moves away from her hometown, after a breakup that completely changed her life. four years later, she's f... More

Author's Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 3

1.4K 48 12
By hoonsbbokie

Your ex-boyfriend was standing right in front of you. He was clutching onto the book, staring at you, very confused as to how he'd run into you after all these years. You never thought you'd see him again, not that you really wanted to see him again. Even though your mind wandered back to him all the time, you never wanted to rekindle anything. Which is why you moved away from your hometown, to somewhere you never thought he'd be. But you were wrong, and unfortunately, he was standing right in front of you. 

The both of you stood there in silence for a while. It was like your body froze, not letting you move even though you desperately wanted to leave. But before your body decided to unfreeze, Heeseung broke the silence. 

"I never thought I'd see you again. I didn't realise that you live around here now." He said, trying to purposely make small talk like he did to you back in high school before you started dating. 

"Yeah, I moved here after our break up...." You responded, trying to give him nothing to work with. 

"Right, yeah, of course! So, how have you been? I'm guessing good since you've got a glow. The type that you get when you're really happy," He chuckled a little, showing off his smile.

His smile was enough to bring back all the memories. All the nights you stayed up texting him and roaming around your school campus talking about the most random things. All the compliments and laughs that he gave you. But you were over it. You were over him. You realised as he was staring at you that you hadn't responded to his question. 

"Yeah, I'm good, just a little busy." A complete lie. You weren't very busy, but you needed to get away from Heeseung. Mainly just to stop yourself from yelling everything that came to mind.

"Oh, of course! I understand, I completely forgot that other people actually have things to do on weekends. If you don't mind, can I have your number? Maybe we could get a coffee or something, if you're free?" He asked, handing you his phone to type in your phone number. 

You grabbed his phone and hesitantly typed in your number. You didn't want to be rude, but you just weren't going to respond. If he texted, you'd just ignore it and delete the message. It's not like you were going to run into him ever again. 

"Sounds good, Heeseung. I'll let you know when I'm free." Once again, another lie. You weren't going to tell him when you were free. You just desperately needed to get away from him. You handed back his phone, and then bid your goodbyes. But before you could leave, Heeseung grabbed your wrist. 

"Here, take this...you wanted it first. It's not like I really need it anyway" He said, handing you the book. You thanked him and smiled to not make it awkward. You then quickly walked to the counter, bought the book and practically sprinted home. 

---------------------

You sat on the couch, thinking about the crazy day you'd just had. It's not every day that you run into your cheater ex-boyfriend in a bookstore and then make conversation with him. Never in a million years did you think that you'd actually even talk to Heeseung if you saw him. But you did, and you managed to make it out without giving him a piece of your mind.  

You heard the door to your apartment unlocking, and you saw Hannah walking in with two bags of groceries. She closed the door behind her, and walked towards your kitchen. 

"I got groceries, and they finally had your favourite chips in store so I got those too. Hey, y/n, are you even listening to me? y/n?" Hannah asked, walking towards you. 

"Oh, yeah, I just had a crazy day....You won't even believe who I ran into today while I was getting that book for you." You replied and then proceeded to tell your best friend everything that had happened with Heeseung. 

"YOU TALKED TO HIM? You're insane y/n. If I was you, I wouldn't have even given him a second of my time. He's such a jerk." Hannah practically yelled out, obviously disappointed that you didn't ignore Heeseung. 

"I know, but something took over me. It was like I was on autopilot. I just hope I never see him again. It took so long for me to get here, I don't want him to come back and destroy my life again..." Your voice started breaking so you stopped talking, to prevent yourself from crying. 

"Hey, you know, you're so strong, y/n. He was a terrible person, a cheater. But you still forgave him and moved on. I'm so proud of you, and so are all our other friends." Hannah reassured you. 

She got up and walked towards the kitchen. She pulled out some pots and other utensils to get started with dinner. 

"I'll make your favourite pasta for you! And why don't you call Jake, Sunghoon, Jungwon and Wonyoung over, they always make you feel better." Hannah suggested and gestured to your phone. You decided to follow her advice and messaged your friends to come over. 

---------------------

You and your friends were all sitting in the living room, watching some random show on Netflix while eating pasta and talking. Jake was busy talking about some new physics theory he saw on the internet, while the rest of you pretended to be interested. After a while of listening to Jake, Sunghoon decided that he'd had enough. 

"Okayyyy, so thanks for that Jake, so so so interesting," Sunghoon said sarcastically. "Anyways, anything actually interesting happen to anyone else?" 

"I bumped into Heeseung today...." You casually said, trying to convince your friends and yourself that it wasn't important by talking about it casually. But your friends, minus Hannah who already knew everything, were stunned. 

"WHAT? WHAT IS HE DOING HERE? I THOUGHT HE LIVED IN YOUR HOMETOWN," Jungwon almost yelled out. 

"Did you guys talk to each other?" Wonyoung asked, curious to know more. You nodded yes to her question. 

"What on Earth? You are actually the biggest idiot on this planet. Why would you ever talk to him after he treated you like a piece of garbage?" Jake questioned, letting his hatred for Heeseung show. 

"Calm down guys, it's not like I purposely talked to him. My brain just stopped working, and my body took over on autopilot. I genuinely can't emphasise enough times that I would never talk to him on purpose," You said, trying to relieve your friends. But they weren't convinced. Hannah realised that if she didn't try to shift the conversation, all of you would just talk about Heeseung all night. 

"Soooo, anyone up for ice cream?" She asked, trying to take the attention away from you, as she walked to the fridge. Jungwon jumped up, ready to get a bowl of ice cream for himself, and Wonyoung followed him. Sunghoon also decided to get ice cream and took all your empty pasta bowls to the sink. It was only you and Jake sitting in the living room now. 

"You seriously talked to him? After everything he did?" Jake asked, his voice soft. It was almost as if he was trying to not judge you for your decision. 

"I don't know why Jake. You, of all people, know that I never wanted to see Heeseung again. But, it was like I just froze when I saw him today, and I didn't know what to do. I just hope I never hear from him again, because I don't think I can go through it all over again." You said, and Jake smiled one of his warm smiles at you. He scooted over and pulled you into a tight hug. Jake's hugs were the best. He always knew exactly what type of hug you needed, and every hug he gave made you feel like he was an angel on Earth. 

---------------------

A while later, all the boys went home. Hannah decided to go shower, so you and Wonyoung just sat on your bed. Wonyoung was doing her makeup for fun, and you scrolled through random apps on your phone. 

All of a sudden you got a message. Curiosity kicked in, so you decided to open the message right away. 

MESSAGE - Unknown Number

H: Hey, this is Heeseung, I was wondering if you'd wanna go out for dinner?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 7.2K 42
❝ you're beautiful, eunju ... and i'll make sure you know how beautiful you really are. ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ───── ˎˊ˗ 𝗯𝗮𝗲𝗸 𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗷𝘂 likes popula...
92.3K 4.8K 30
❝ 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ❞ ❝ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. ❞ After the death of her first love, Hyejin decided to move on with her life without him, even th...
205K 8.2K 29
It all started when the girl lend the crying boy her umbrella on a rainy day, who knew she had the ability to fix his broken heart? - enemies to love...
142K 7.2K 29
wherein jake's pre-determined life takes a turn when he is forced to sit next to siyeon. © FLAUVIER 2022 ENHYPEN FANFIC...