and it was all yellow [sunsun...

By IBARK4JAKE

Park Sunghoon whose life only revolved around ice, met a boy named Kim Sunoo who shares a dark past. What hap... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
epilogue
words of appreciation
plug!

twenty-four

805 58 68
By IBARK4JAKE

SUNOO'S POV

I continued to hung my head low as I unconsciously start fidgeting my fingers, intimidated by my friends' stare. Sunghoon on the other hand, remained calm.

"You two are going out? Since when?" Jake hyung asked, sounding very concerned while I start to grow worried.

"Since festival week... I-I'm sorry I couldn't tell you guys sooner" I mumbled, almost whispering as I felt like my heart is about to jump out  of my chest.

"Why did you hide this from us hyung?" This time, it was Jungwon who asked.

"Well...after what happened with Dan, you guys never really questioned me about what he said, so I thought you guys were uncomfortable with the topic and I...was scared" Heeseung hyung who quietly stood at the corner earlier, now made his way towards me, sitting in between Sunghoon and I before he draped his arm around my shoulder.

"Sunoo-yah...the reason why we didn't talk about the incident was because we didn't want you to dwell into it that much...and besides, I don't think sexuality has anything to do with friendship" Smiling, I agressively wiped my tears away when it started rolling down.

Being accepted feels too good to be true that I couldn't believe I had friends like them.

They're everything to me at this point and I promise to treasure them as much as they do to me.

"What about you?! Why are you so calm about this?!" Jay spat, pertaining to Sunghoon who handed me a clean towel to wipe my tears away.

"Simple. I don't care about what you guys think, I like Sunoo and if you guys can't accept that then I guess... goodbye?" I lightly chuckled from his answer whilst Jay hyung threw him the nearest object he could find and that was the cushion from the single sofa chair.

"I'll take a bath first" Ni-ki said, frowning as he rushed outside the door.

He must've had a bad morning?

"Well?! Let's get moving guys! The beach is waiting for us!" Jake hyung announced with excitement coating his voice, lifting everyone's mood. We all enjoyed a light breakfast as we all huddled up in the kitchen counter. Jungwon who was chewing his bread, sat beside me and remained quiet so I figured that he had something to say.

"Spill it won"

"Uh, I just want you to know that I'm happy for the both of you hyung" he sincerely muttered causing me to smile before reaching for his hand.

"Thank you" we couldn't talk anymore when everyone got lost with the excitement of going to the beach so we all headed there while happily chatting with each other.

We played volleyball for 30 minutes straight before deciding to have fun in the water. Everyone was happily laughing, wrestling with each other and even splashing loads of salt water in each other's faces. When we all reached the part where the water slightly reached our neck, we decided to start our next activity.

I brushed my hair back when I felt Sunghoon holding my arms before positioning in front of me, facing Heeseung who was casually smirking at us.

"Hey doll, listen...when you think you can reach Jake, start tickling him alright?! I'll hold us steady as much as possible" he coached so I loudly chuckled. He seems to be taking the game too seriously now so I played along, nodding my head.

"In your position!" Jay announced lively, earning a cheer from Ni-ki and Jungwon whilst Sunghoon and Heeseung hyung dipped their whole body under the water so Jake hyung and I can ride on top of their shoulder, raising both of us on top.

"READY! SET! GO!"

"JAKE! YOU'RE GAUGING OUT MY EYES!" We erupted into fits of laughter the moment we saw Jake hyung barely holding on to the older as he put on pressure into his eyes, preventing Heeseung hyung to see anything.

"Hyung go!" I screamed before Sunghoon started charging towards them. I saw how Jake hyung almost went crazy upon seeing us but still tried his best to counter my arms who were busy reaching for his waist.

"Yess!" I cheered in glee when Jake and Heeseung hyung fell down on the water, indicating that we won. I felt shock bolting into my system when I heard Sunghoon cursing before we realized that we both fell down on the water.

I wasn't able to recover yet when I felt an arm clawing my waist, pulling me back up into the surface to gasp for air. Soon after, I was met with Sunghoon's face who was only a few inches away from mine while his arms encircled my waist.

"You look like a fish—OW!" He wasn't able to finish his sentence when I flicked his forehead before pushing him away to which he only replied with a grin.

"You didn't let me finish—"

"Shut your mouth Park Sunghoon" I know that he was definitely hell bent on teasing me right now and if he continued, I might drown him by myself.

I rolled my eyes when I heard him cackling on his own while I walked away. See, he's acting like as if teasing me is his only oxygen.

For some reason, I met Jungwon's gaze who was staring at us with a reaction I couldn't name. Sadness?

Envy?

I smiled at him but he instantly dismissed it by looking away and jumping on Ni-ki's back as we all headed back to the shore.

——

Night time came and the staff who came to assist us, made a small bonfire on the shore with small chairs around it that we can sit on. I happily warmed my hands upon taking a seat beside Jay hyung who was prepping some of the snacks from the table behind us. It was only the two of us since the others went back to the house to grab their things first.

Hyung?

"Hmm?" He hummed in return so I decided that it was my cue to talk.

"I want to say thank you for taking down my footage" He grew silent for awhile so I decided to stand up and walk beside him.

"You're welcome, just always remember that we all got your back" I bit my lip upon hearing his sentence as I tried my best not to cry while he just calmly smiled at me and went back to what he was doing.

"I would always have your back too hyung"

"Then, i'll trust you with that"

"Why are you creepily smiling at him like that Park?" I frustratedly elbowed Sunghoon when he came out of nowhere and started calling out the older to which Jay hyung replied with a glare.

This is why he always gets on Jay hyung's nerves.

"Arms" I furrowed my brows when Sunghoon instructed me to raise both my arms horizontally. Although confused, I still followed him and in just snap, he was already slipping the white puffer jacket on my arms before pulling the zipper all the way up to my chin, closing me off for good.

I smiled as soon as I felt the warmth coating my system but soon realized something.

"This isn't mine?"

"Obviously, it's mine genius" he retorted sarcastically so I didn't bother replying anymore and just casually took a seat on my spot. Everyone gasped when Jay hyung opened a container with canned beer inside.

"You have booze?!"

"Of course? We'll be university students soon, drinking in advance won't hurt" he proudly replied before throwing everyone a can except me, Jungwon and Ni-ki.

"Don't look at me like that minors" I cackled when I saw Ni-ki rolling his eyes whilst Jake hyung stuck his tongue out.

The night continued with us, happily sharing embarrassing moments and experiences until we found ourselves playing a game where you pass the stone around and when the music stops, the person who has the stone will have to answer a question from the person on their left.

"Jay~ it's your turn" I cheered when Jay hyung stared at the stone on his hand whilst Heeseung and Jake hyung were happily laughing by themselves, obviously starting to get drunk.

Sighing, I pulled Sunghoon closely when he started whining about the cold as he leaned his full body on me, head on top of my shoulder and arms encircling my waist. He only had two cans and he's already knocked out like a log. How dare he get drunk and make me carry him like a child?!

"Hey Jongsaeng~ you and Jungwon are together right?" The silence that followed his sentence was so loud that all we could hear was the crackling of wood being lit on fire that came crashing with the sound of waves.

What?

Jay hyung who was tipsy awhile ago seemed sober now before his eyes darted on Jungwon who was looking back at him with anticipation clearly written on his eyes.

WHAT?!

"You're not answering mmff—" Heeseung hyung couldn't say anything more when Jake hyung slapped his palms on the older's mouth, stopping him from whatever he had to say next.

All of us looked at Jay hyung, mouth agape as we waited for the answer.

"W-We... We're not. Why would you say that?"

The next thing we knew, Jungwon stood up and started walking away.

——

JUNGWON'S POV

I frustratingly clenched my fists as I took heavy steps on my way to the house, stopping the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes.

I thought he's finally going to say it. We both saw how our friends reacted to Sunghoon and Sunoo hyung dating and I thought it somehow brought him peace.

I thought that maybe...

Maybe he started seeing our relationship into a different light.

That there's nothing wrong with this...with us.

"Won! I'm sorry" I forcefully yanked his hand away when I felt his grip on my arms before walking straight ahead but was stopped when he pulled me back to face him.

His eyes were glistening with tears but that's not the point. That's not the point at all!

"I-I'm sorry won...I couldn't say it! I'm—"

"Sorry? Fck you and your apology!" I spat angrily, tears rolling down my cheeks as my heart started tightening, making it hard for me to breathe.

"Won..."

"You always say that! Sorry for this, sorry for that— but you never tried fixing it! You think I would never get tired of you? Constantly denying me on public that you can't even act like we're friends?! Hyung! We've been here for 4 fcking years! I'm tired hyung... we can't do this forever. Can't you at least try to be brave for us?" I asked, barely whispering the last part.

He was just blankly staring at me, his chest moved up and and down furiously as his breath started to hitch. Minutes have passed and I still didn't get a response from him so I agressively wiped my tears away.

"Hyung?! Why are you not answering me? Why are you like this...WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME—"

"BECAUSE THIS IS WRONG!" I flinched when he bursted out. He never yelled at me, not even once and this was the first time I've seen him like this.

I definitely pushed his buttons.

"This is all so fcking wrong! Me! Loving a man! I would never be accepted by my father or my family! All of this is a fcking mistake"

Pain struck me like a thunderbolt, crashing it's way down, breaking my soul into pieces. I stood, unable to move as I watch him observe my reaction.

"So you think that 'we' are a mistake?"

"W-What—"

"I was your mistake?"

"Won that's not it..."

Fine! If he wants to live in fear, then be it!

Because I won't.

"Hyung let's break up"

——
🌼

well...(・–・;)ゞ

Don't be a silent reader.

Please don't forget to vote and tell me your opinions on the comment section </3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 1.3K 19
[#1 in sungsun] sunghoon, the ice prince of aspen meets prince sunoo a wild, carefree, rule-breaking spirit from ordon. a story showcasing two polar...
6.3K 390 10
He's the coldest. He's the cutest. Ding🔔 One notification from Instagram- @puppy.jaeyun sent you a follow request. The world where our connections...
52.5K 2.1K 28
Jake has a long time crush on his friend but sadly his crush has a crush on his bestfriend Sunghoon. His crush ask his help to date Sunghoon. Jake wi...
78.3K 4K 20
"using hatred to hide your feelings for him is very childish of you, sunghoon." "i do not care." sunoo thought getting a job and having money would s...