|THE CURSED FOREST|

INNERFEELING által

'When the sun rises, no vampire can survive after 91 days. The moment sunlight touches his heart on the 92nd... Több

The Cursed Forest
Prologue: The Curse
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
The Cursed Forest: A glimpse
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
Epilogue: The New Era
Epilogue: The End
A BIG THANK YOU!
Facts by Jen

6

101 9 44
INNERFEELING által

7 days later,

The cab parked at the curb and a girl stepped out, tall and slim, with long dark brown hair that cascaded down her back. She had a nervous look and clutched a stuffed animal in one hand and a bag in the other.

Her petite face was framed by her dark hair and her round, brown eyes were wide with wonder. Her lips were slightly parted in awe, revealing her perfectly puckered pink lips. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes were full of wonder as gazed at the massive hospital in front of her.

"Woah is this even real..." The girl muttered to herself as her eyes moved around the hospital and the surrounding area.
While the hustle and bustle of the people and the hospital created a sense of energy, it also created a stark contrast to the stillness of the forest which she peeked at the walking distance.

The eerie quiet of the woods was enough to cause a chill to run down her spine as she quickly looked away, thinking of the mysteries that the forest may hold.

"Sohee, come! Dr. Yoongi and Scoups must be waiting for us." The girl named So Hee looked ahead, her friend Beomgyu gesturing to her to follow him.

"COMING!" Sohee nodded as ignored the eerie feeling from the surroundings and gulped before following Beomgyu inside the hospital.

Sohee and Beomgyu, the medical resident from Seoul Hospital entered the famous GET WELL SOON hospital in Minosan region, while Beomgyu walked with confidence clearing his throat, Sohee was a little nervous as tightened her plushy near her.

She was training in the Seoul Hospital, and her transfer to Minosan wasn't very heart warming because her mentor had bashed her out of there for not performing the operations because she fell nausea seeing the blood. Beomgyu on the other hand, was promoted to Minosan because his skill as a surgeon was highly praised despite being a resident, his mentor Dr. Naera had high expectations from him unlike Sohee whose mentor just told her to 'get lost'.

Sohee was just nervous of performing the operation again at the new place, Dr. Jihyo her previous mentor, was really harsh on her and yet she couldn't improve her skill as a surgeon which kills her every time. Wondering how her experience might be now she felt her gut dancing every turn.

"Hello, we both are medical residents from Seoul Hospital, Dr. Beomgyu and she is Dr. Sohee, transferred here. We both had our meeting with Dr. Scoups and Dr. Yoongi." Beomgyu stated to the receptionist who checked in his file and informed Beomgyu about Scoups's whereabouts.

"Straight to the left is the staff room where you can arrange your stuff." The receptionist humbly explained to both of them

"Thank you." Beomgyu and Sohee nodded, smiling over her and then headed towards the staff room.

"Where's Soobin hyung? Didn't he transfer here 3 days ago?" Beomgyu pouted, asking Sohee who shrugged her shoulders before scoffing in frustration.

Soobin was Sohee's older brother, the new head nurse of this hospital. Sohee, Beomgyu and Soobin were really good friends and apart from Sohee's fear of surgery they were happy to be together after their transfer.

"He didn't tell me anything." Sohee replied, giving a plain glare to Beomgyu.

"Call her then, idiot, he's your brother..." Beomgyu flicked Sohee's head playfully only to receive a scowl from her.

"Yah Choi Beomgyu!" Sohee showed her eyes in a dramatic threatening manner, warning Beomgyu who just giggled along with her.

Sohee and Beomgyu, who were laughing and bickering playfully to each other, stopped as they both saw two doctors already in the staff room.

They immediately changed their playfulness and stood up straight when they saw the two professors.

Sohee and Beomgyu both quickly recognised them as Dr. Scoups and Dr. Yoongi with their id card attached on their coat.

"You both must be medical residents from Seoul Hospital?" Scoups, with little long black hair, pale skin and intimidating look asked.

"Yes, I am Choi Sohee..."

"... and I am Choi Beomgyu." Both of them bowed after introducing themselves to Scoups and Yoongi.

"Hello both of you, I guess you already know us..." Yoongi cleared his throat as licked his lips, staring at the juniors in front of him. Sohee and Beomgyu nodded together.

"Where's another one... Hwang Hyunjin? He was supposed to come here too, right?" Scoups asked Sohee.

Hyunjin was another medical resident who was an excellent budding surgeon and Sohee and Beomgyu's good friends. They all were supposed to reach together but Sohee got into a car accident last week so the three Choi decided to leave later and Hyunjin before.

"Uh.. yeah. He arrived here last week, but haven't contacted him since then." Sohee informed, looking down out of respect.

"Who was his mentor?" Scoups asked, turning his head towards Yoongi. If Hyunjin has reached the region and still his colleague had no contact with him, his assigned mentor must have.

"Taehyung..." Yoongi answered hesitantly and Scoups sighs hearing it.

Sohee and Beomgyu exchanged confused glances with each other before Beomgyu decided to ask. "Is Dr. Taehyung not here?"

"No, unfortunately we lost two of our most prestigious doctors last week in a horrifying car accident. Dr. Micha and Dr. Taehyung." Scoups shared sorrowfully, his grief palpable.

Sohee and Beomgyu were completely taken aback by this bad news. Neither of them knew what to say, seeing the gravity of the situation. Beomgyu softly held Sohee's hand as she herself had an accident which she barely escaped.

Yoongi clicked his tongue as looked away, taking a deep breath.

"Well, no one can take their places but we cannot ignore the dreams of budding doctors like you two." Scoups continued as he stared at Beomgyu and Sohee with an intense seriousness, his eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated on them intently.

"I am the senior Cardiothoracic surgeon here, your mentor Sohee." Scoups brings his hand forward to Sohee who smiles lightly before returning the gesture. Sohee was definitely intimidated by him.

"And I'll be your and Hyunjin's both mentors. The senior Neurologist here." Yoongi smiled as shake hands with Beomgyu.

"I'll do my best sir." Beomgyu cheerfully said, matching Yoongi's soft smile.

•••

Beomgyu was humming a melody as he filled his desk with books and knick-knacks, while Sohee was carefully organizing her locker with her own stuff and suddenly stopped as took out a photo frame.

She sighs slouching back in her chair, looking at the picture, her parents were standing proudly behind her, both of them dressed in their white doctor's coats. Her brother, Soobin was standing next to them in his nurse's scrubs, smiling brightly for the camera. She was in the center of the picture, wearing her graduation gown, smiling with joy and pride.

She remembers the pride they all felt on that day; it was clear they were all in the medical field.

Sohee shook her hand smiling with her classmates and turned to her father, Dr. Wooshik and her mother Dr. Hana.

"We're proud of you Sohee, I know you will become a great surgeon just like us." Wooshik proudly patted Sohee's shoulder who chuckles weakly.

"He's right dear, you are our daughter, of course you will be a great doctor." Hana smiles, caressing Sohee's face.

Sohee rolled her eyes as put the photo frame inside the drawer and closed it looking up at Beomgyu wearing his white coat.

"Are you going somewhere?" Sohee asked, fiddling with her fingers, her face devoid of any emotions because of the tiredness. Beomgyu nodded pouting.

"Dr. Yoongi called me for a meeting..." Before Beomgyu could answer Sohee the door of the staff room banged open with a tall girl breathing out heavily surprising both Sohee and Beomgyu.

"Dr. Sohee, there's a patient with cardiac arrest... we need you for an operation, Dr. Scoups is waiting for you." The nurse informed Sohee whose eyes widened as if she was herself going into a cardiac arrest.

"But isn't there any other CS here right now?" Beomgyu asked, seeing Sohee's expression, he knew about Sohee's condition and right now she was already tired with the trip.

"Dr. Nam and Dr. Seonhwa both are not here... Dr. Scoups asked for Dr. Sohee." The nurse informed, panting and looked at Sohee in desperation.

Sohee slowly got up, her hands started trembling which she quickly held together tightly. Her heart was racing faster than ever, and she felt a sudden wave of dread wash over her. Last four times she went to assist an operation she failed, feeling nausea she fell unconscious.

"Sohee?" Beomgyu nudges Sohee who flinches coming back from her lost thoughts and shakes her thoughts off.

With a deep sigh, she willed herself to stand tall and face whatever was to come.

"I'll come." Sohee said to the nurse who nodded and left quickly.

"Don't worry Sohee, you'll be completely fine... just don't stress and it'll be fine." Beomgyu comforted Sohee holding her shoulders. Soobin was her blood brother, but Beomgyu was her best friend and just like a brother too, always taking care of her. Sohee smiled, pursing her lips as nodded before leaving.

Scoups, clad in operation clothes, were waiting aggressively in the operation theater. His face was covered with a surgical mask, and his brows were furrowed as he glanced at the clock, anxiously awaiting Sohee's arrival.

Sohee stood outside the operation room dressed in her sterile operation clothes, her eyes wide open and her body tense with anxiety.

"YOU CAN'T BE SELFISH SOHEE, DURING AN OPERATION YOU HAVE TO FOCUS." Jihyo scolded Sohee in front of the whole hospital staff while she looked down feeling guilty.

"I am sorry..." Sohee whispers out slowly.

Taking a deep breath, she braced herself before entering inside.

"Sohee..." Hearing the anaesthesiologist Dr. Lee Yongbok, Scoups looked in his direction, seeing Sohee coming inside and drying her hands to begin the operation.

As Sohee stood in the opposite direction to Scoups, he turned to Dr. Yongbok for his approval of starting the operation.

"BP is normal, you may proceed." Yongbok said.

"Scalpel." Scoups ordered and with a nurse providing him that he made a precise cut on the patient's chest.

Sohee closed her eyes tightly before taking a deep breath and then looked up at the patient being operated on.

But it was in vain.

Her body was tensing up, her heart racing, Sohee was filled with fear and dread at the sight of the blood. Her heart raced as she struggled to contain her panic, her palms becoming sweaty. She felt a wave of nausea wash over her as she tried to remain composed but her head started becoming dizzy with Scoups proceeding ahead effortlessly.

"Dr. Sohee." "Dr. Sohee."

Sohee couldn't hear anything as her vision blurred, the feeling of throwing up rushing inside her, and numbness crept over her as she slowly stepped back. She tried her best to ignore the feeling but the sweat reached her eyelid.

Scoups panicked as continuously called her name but her thoughts grew fuzzy and her breathing slowed until finally, she lost consciousness, collapsing onto the hard floor below.

"SOHEE!"

Yeonjun's eyes snapped open as he heard the name Sohee, a seriousness evident in his gaze.

The bats fluttered away from the old palace, soaring gracefully through the air and towards the canopy of the Minerva forest. As they flew, they left a trail of dust behind them, the remnants of the ancient palace that had stood in the forest for centuries, also the shelter to Yeonjun and Sunghoon for the current time.

Yeonjun came out of the dark room where he was staying, wearing a loose white shirt and black pants borrowed by Sunghoon, his dark mullet messed up swaying with the cold wind. He searched for Sunghoon who was walking outside the palace enjoying the night sky in freedom after being trapped in the tree for so many years.

"How come you leave this room suddenly?" Sunghoon felt Yeonjun's presence as he slowly turned with a light smile on his face.

"I heard something. A name..." Yeonjun explained looking around in a bit of confusion.
For one week he had isolated himself in the dark room waiting for his 91 days to be over and now suddenly he heard someone's name.

Sunghoon squinted his eyes in confusion as walked towards him.

"This palace was home to my royal family, maybe you heard the voice of my mother's spirit." Yeonjun, who was looking around anxiously, snapped looked at Sunghoon. Amused by Yeonjun's expressions, Sunghoon couldn't help but laugh heartily.

"I am kidding, what name did you hear?" Sunghoon asked in between his laugh.

Yeonjun felt an odd feeling inside him as he took a deep breath before continuing.

"Sohee."

When the name left Yeonjun's lips, Sunghoon saw a glint of red line appearing near Yeonjun's heart and then disappearing again.

"Do you know someone named Sohee?" Sunghoon queried, eyes flickering from Yeonjun's chest to his eyes, smile fading slightly as his curiosity grew.

"No, never." Yeonjun answered, his eyebrows tensed with Sunghoon's reaction.

"If something like that happened again tell me." Sunghoon said, raising his brows at Yeonjun, seriousness hovering his face.

"Is it something serious?" Yeonjun asked his confused eyes at Sunghoon who stood covered in his cloak.

Their faces glowed in the moonlight, enhancing their eerie beauty. Yeonjun patiently waited for Sunghoon who looked up at the sky with furrowed brows.

"Not yet."

A/N

Our new characters are finally here, with our main lead Sohee.

Why do you think Yeonjun heard her name?

Please like, vote and comment if you like it even a little bit!!

Love ya!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.7K 67 8
As senior year begins without Sunny, Taehyung needs to set things straight with Uni, but what will that be? Namjoon seems to be taking a different a...
39.2K 2.5K 26
✰∿ A beautiful statue sits in the middle of a large city, legend says once it's soulmate touches the statues hand it will become human. But are soul...
13.7K 946 31
[COMPLETED] Two classmates,Two worlds... Different friends, Different mindsets,Polar opposites... One murder,A dead body, A gang on the tail, Two wit...