š›ššš¦š›š¢ // š‰š‰ šŒššš²š›šš...

By starrrel

'š˜Æš˜° š˜±š˜°š˜¶š˜Øš˜¦ š˜°š˜Æ š˜±š˜°š˜¶š˜Øš˜¦ š˜®š˜¢š˜¤š˜¬š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø' š˜øš˜¢š˜“ š˜¢ š˜“š˜µš˜³š˜°š˜Æš˜Ø š˜³š˜¶š˜­š˜¦ š˜§š˜°š˜³ š˜‘š˜°š˜©š˜Æ š˜‰ š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜©... More

šš€šŒššˆ š‘šŽš”š“š‹š„šƒš†š„
š‚š€š’š“ & š€š„š’š“š‡š„š“šˆš‚š’
šƒšˆš’š‚š‹š€šˆšŒš„š‘š’ & šŒšŽš‘š„
š„ššˆš†š‘š€šš‡
PROLOGUE
i.
ii.
iii.
iiii.
v.
vi.
vii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii
xix.
xx.
xxi.
š‚š€š’š“ & š€š„š’š“š‡š„š“šˆš‚š’ š’šŸ
xxii
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii

viii.

1.4K 18 10
By starrrel

CHAPTER EIGHT

reality is just a crutch for
people who can't cope
without drugs.

A HUGE SMILE WAS PLASTERED ACROSS Bambi's face the whole ride to the wreck—kies dads restaurant—none of them had gotten caught and something had gone their way.

since the girl had had shared one to many joints between her and JJ since they seen each other again, the pair was quite hungry and prayed that kies dad would be nice enough to feed them.

"stealing drones makes you hungry." kie smiled, getting out of the Twinkie.

"what i would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ imagined, getting out of the van and holding the door open for Bambi.

"it would not be pretty."

the pogues walked into the wreck and stood by some seats whilst kiara spoke to her dad, they knew they had a chance of not getting food but they kept their hopes high.

they waited until kie spoke to him and when she turned to them, she looked at them and smiled, "sit down."

the pogues sat down and as soon as they got the food, they got straight into eating.

just as Bambi was about to put a fry into her mouth, in the corner of her eye she seen a hand reach into her basket and steal one of hers.

"your not sneaky, i seen you do that." she turned to JJ with a smile on her face before looking at his own basket and seeing it empty, "how did you manage to eat them all already?"

"i'm a fast eater." he shrugged, stealing one of her fries again.

the girl rolled her eyes and moved her basket so it was in the middle of them, "take as many as you want, you didn't get caught so you deserve as many as you want."

"why, thank you." he smirked, taking a handful and shoving them in his mouth.

"do i get free fries?" John B turned to her.

"did you get out of being caught?" she raised an eyebrow and he shook his head, "did you distract Tebow to save your friends?"

"no but i broke into the shed to get the drone."

"then yes, you get a free fry." she smiled, passing him one before eating one herself.

as the night went on, kiara and John B managed to dance together which gave Bambi an idea. getting out her chair, the girl looked at JJ and put her hand out, "dance with me."

"i don't dance." JJ shook his head.

"then just stand there and look stupid." she teased, grabbing his hand and pulling him out his chair, twirling him around.

seeing Pope staring at kiara and John B dancing, she frowned and walked over to him, "if JJ has to dance, then so do you."

A PARTY NEVER WENT ON WITHOUT Bambi knowing so when she heard about a party being thrown by the kooks, she left her bed and made her way over to the house.

she knew she would get in, even if she was a pogue because well, she was Bambi Routledge.

the party was packed with kooks and the girl needed to get something down her to stop her from giving every single one of them dirty looks.

and once the girl did drink enough to give her a buzz, nothing was stopping her from walking around and talking to everyone.

"i get you kooks don't like pogues cause we're poor and all that but you want to know the reason we don't like kooks? cause your all to self centred assholes." she slurred, speaking to a random pogue serving drinks with a red plastic cup in her hand.

"maybe, but at least we don't steal things as a full time job." he replied, pouring more vodka into her cup as she scoffed.

"two things, you guys don't need jobs because your all spoilt and we wouldn't need to steal if we had enough money for things like food." she stated, and by the red cheeks that were rising on the boy, she knew she was getting him angry.

"we're not spoilt, it's just because our parents actually love us." he fired back, trying his hardest to anger her just like he was.

"if your parents loved you, they would learn you the things you need when your older. what's a free house if your that stupid that you don't know how to pay a mortgage or do taxes." she smirked, knowing she had got him when he stared at her with his jaw clenched.

just before he fired every word on the planet at her, the girl was interrupted when someone touched her shoulder, "Bambi, what happened to you not liking kooks?"

when she turned around, she was met with Rafe Cameron who was clearly way to high. he looked at the man she was just speaking to a scowled, making him immediately walk away.

"i don't, but i do like free alcohol." she laughed, holding up her cup which was half empty.

"what could you have possible done to make him look that angry at you?" he raised an eyebrow, grabbing a bottle of vodka and refilling her cup.

"told him what i thought about you kooks, don't think he likes my opinion even though it's a free world." she explained, leaning on the counter.

"you know what's better then vodka?" he asked her making her shake her head, "coke."

Bambi shook her head again, knowing he was about to ask her to do a line with him, "i don't do coke, i'm a weed girl."

"exactly, nobody does coke until they try it for the first time, trust me you will like it." he tried to convince her but she knew what she wanted.

"that's the problem, Rafe. i do it once and i'll want it all the time and i'm a pogue, meaning i won't be able to afford it." she refused.

"are you sure?" he asked again, and she immediately shook her head.

"i gotta go, my brother is probably wondering where i am but thanks for the offer." she told him and before he could say anything else, she walked away and straight out the door.

the walk back to the chateau was quite, she hoped JJ or John B wasn't awake when she walked in because she had no excuse on where she had been and if they found out she had been to a kooks party, they won't be happy.

she tried her best to open the door quietly, if she woke JJ up coming in then she could use the excuse of going for a joint.

"look who the cat dragged in." John B spoke, looking at the girl trying to sneak in.

"hey," she greeted, "i just went out for a walk."

"you know, deny, deny, deny only works on people who don't know the truth." JJ said, and Bambi knew that she had been caught out.

"free booze, my favorite." she tried to joke but sighed when she didn't see neither of them laughing, "i didn't know i had to tell you guys when i go places and where."

"it's not that, Bambi. you went to the enemy's party." JJ stood up, looking at the shorter girl.

"they came to ours, what's the difference?" she scoffed, getting annoyed.

JJ and Bambi had never argued and if they did, it was over something petty like who drove or who gets the thicker blanket but Bambi knew this was different.

JJ was jealous, although Bambi didn't know that was the reason, it was. Rafe had a lot of things he didn't and if Bambi started liking Rafe more, she would end up leaving him.

and he didn't want that at all.

"Rafe wasn't at the keg and you say you hate kooks but funnily enough end up at every gathering that involves them." JJ fired.

John B looked between the two, he didn't know what to do because he had never seen them argue like this before.

"is this about Rafe? i'm pretty sure i never complain when you go off macking with random tourons." she raised her eyebrow.

"maybe you should both do this in the morning." John B began but was stopped.

"this isn't about Rafe, this is about you going to a kook party without telling none of us, what if something happened?" JJ shook his head.

"did something happen? no. i don't need you there controlling ever second of my life!" Bambi scoffed once more before walking into her room, slamming the door behind her.

John B turned to JJ with a smirk, "jealousy doesn't look good on you."

THE NEXT DAY WAS A WEIRD DAY FOR Bambi, she done the usual, woke up, got ready for the day and went out, except like usual, she hadn't spoke to JJ the whole day.

she would usually speak to her blonde best friend the second she woke up all the way to the second she fell asleep. she didn't know why she hadn't spoke to him, she just couldn't.

John B decided it was best to try out the drone today, the sun was out and the water was nice and calm. she, Pope and JJ were on the dock whilst kiara and John B were in the water.

Bambi sat on floor whilst JJ and Pope were looking at the drone, she was currently drawing into the wood with a rock she found, bored out of her mind.

she was tempted to go into the water so she could cool off from the blistering sun but her hair looked nice and she didn't want to ruin it.

her white sunglasses sat on top of her head whilst she listened to the boys talking, after finally getting bored of drawing into the dock, she got up and walked over to the ledge, leaning on it as she looked into the water.

"god bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man." JJ spoke, looking at the camera, "what would we do without you to control the drones?"

"technically it's not a drone, it's an ROV-" Pope began but was cut off by JJ.

"shut up. shut up. it's too early for that right now." he complained.

"hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B explained from the water.

"it's bullshit. why do we have to do that?" JJ rolled his eyes.

"well, there is maritime salvage law. you can't just go to the floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope mentioned.

"yeah, but what if they didn't know about it? there's no cameras in the middle of the ocean." Bambi walked over to stand beside Pope.

JJ turned to John B, "lawyers aren't cheap, bro."

"as soon as they see the footage , they'll work for a comp." John B explained, again.

Kiara looked at him, "how do you know all that?"

"'cause my dad said it, like, a million times."

Pope studied the tether, thinking of the good and bad things about it, "this tether is, like, really long, in the wrong weather this thing could get pushed around."

"my second biggest fear is my boat getting swept under a wave so if the weather is bad, count me out." Bambi shook her head, shivering at the thought.

"then we'll go at dead calm," John B decided.

thunder was heard in the distance, putting an end to the sunny weather, "a slack tide?"

"so now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather." Pope said, looking into the sky at the dark clouds, "and today is not that day."

KIARA AND BAMBI DECIDED TO HANG OUT
as they haven't had a good talk since the whole treasure hunt started.

kiara decided to take her to figure eight so the two could get something to eat whilst they spoke about everything.

"so, you and JB, what's that about?" Bambi raised her eyebrow, looking at the brunette.

"i think he thought i liked him, which i don't because you know the whole 'no pouge on pogue macking', plus i've known him for years, i feels weird." Kiara cringed.

"what about Pope? do you like him?" Bambi asked, remembering how sad he looked when he watched her dancing with John B.

"pope? yeah he's cute, enough talking about me though, what about you and JJ?" she flipped the question.

"we had an argument last night, we haven't spoke today." Bambi frowned.

"what about?"

Bambi took a deep sigh, "just because i went to the party the kooks threw last night, him and John B caught me trying to sneak in."

"you went to the party?" kiara gasped.

"yeah, free booze." Bambi shrugged, acting like it was the most obvious thing, "he mentioned something about Rafe being there."

"well, he's obviously jealous, have you not seen the way he acts around you?" kie asked, making the girl shake her head.

Bambi had never thought about how JJ acted around her, she just seen him as JJ and when he done nice things for her, that's was just him being himself.

"he looks at you like your the only girl in the world and your telling me you've never seen it?" Kiara scoffed, shocked at her friends blindness.

"no? am i meant to see it?"

"yes! whatever argument you guys have going on, solve it because without you and JJ being you and JJ, us pogues are not a thing." the curly hair girl admitted.

after finally finishing with their food, the girls decided to go on a walk around the island, reconnecting their relationship.

Bambi was pulled out of their conversation by a boat pulling up to the dock and when she noticed it was Pope, she decided to go over.

before she could get say something, she was met with a frown on both of their faces and when she realised what they were upset about, her eyebrows furrowed, "what happened?"

Pope looked down, avoiding eye contact but JJ was quick to speak up, "your little buddy, Rafe, jumped him on his delivery."

Bambi walked up to him, lifting up his head so she could see how bad it is, "Rafe did this?"

"it's not that bad, okay?" Pope pushed her away, covering the gash with his hat again.

"it looks pretty bad to me." kiara frowned, walking beside them.

Bambi looked at the gash on her best friends head before shaking her own and walking away, having an exact place in mind.

the walk to the cameron's house wasn't far, since she had seen JJ and Pope before she got into the cut, it was about a ten minute walk.

the person she was planning to see what just about to go into his home before she called his name, "Rafe, what the fuck!"

"Bambi, hey, how are you doing?" he turned around, giving her a smile.

"you jumped Pope, do you realise how fucked up this is?" she scoffed, pushing him back.

"your little pogue friend? is that who your here to defend?" Rafe chuckled.

Bambi bit her lip, "that pogue friend is my best friend whose head you fucked up!"

Rafe shook his head at how loud she was being, if someone in his family heard what she was saying, he would get in deep trouble.

"how about we go on a walk and talk about it?" he asked, trying to lead her away from his house.

"no, how about you stay the fuck away from me, and my friends!" she fired, pushing him once more before walking away.

THE NEXT DAY JOHN B DECIDED TO USE the drone, even though the weather was not looking good. the amount of hurricanes they had had this summer was unusual.

the water was pushy, making the boat have a mind of its own and although Bambi trusted JJ enough to control it, she still had a feeling in her stomach that something will go wrong.

"all right, JJ, pin it here." John B shouted over to JJ who was behind the wheel.

"Roger that! X marks the spot." he replied, stopping the boat from sailing any further.

they had took heywards boat, and Bambi wasn't sure if Pope had got permission but even if he didn't, she was going to make the most out of it.

it was a nice boat, a lot better then the HMS POUGUE meaning she didn't go on it much. deciding that she couldn't look down into the sea whilst it crashed against it, she stayed with JJ.

although the two had only exchanged a word or two in the past day, she could still stand to be in three meters of him.

"hey, JB, do you know how long this will take?" Bambi asked her brother, sitting down.

"uh, i'm not sure but as soon as we find the gold, we can go." he told her, "all right, ladies and gentlemen, to going full kook."

John B placed the drone into the water and kie marked every one hundred feet whilst Pope controlled the camera.

"all right, JJ, we're right over it. ten seconds northwest." John B guided the blonde.

"got it! ten seconds northwest." JJ repeated.

"one hundred feet!" kie shouted, letting the drone go deeper.

Bambi decided that she had had enough of sitting down and decided to go see what was happening on the camera, "and to quote the hobbit, 'down, down, to goblet town, down, down you go my lad.'"

"four hundred feet!"

Bambi looked into the water before hearing a rumble from some thunder again, "the tides turning, can we speed this up?"

"hey, JJ. ten seconds easy, south-southeast." John B signalled the boy.

"copy that!"

"JJ, twenty seconds, mid speed, all right? south." John B instructed.

deciding that she couldn't look into the sea anymore, Bambi went back to her seat and closed her eyes, trying to imagine herself at home or surfing.

as the drone got deeper and the tide got stronger, Bambi began worrying more. usually she wouldn't be scared of being out on a boat in the ocean but since her dad went missing, her nerves were all over the place.

"JJ," she opened her eyes, looking at the blonde, "i'm sorry for going to that party and everything else, just thought ide let you know incase we die."

"you think we're going to die?" JJ turned around for a second, looking at her.

"well i mean, this compass has been bad luck so far so what's stopping it from making us die?" she gulped.

"i forgive you, bambs. i'm also sorry for being jealous about Rafe." he also apologised.

"that's okay! he's a dick anyway after what he did to Pope." Bambi sighed, feeling a relief lift of her shoulders now they had solved their argument.

the drone finally got to the bottom of the ocean and a wide smile spread across John Bs face.

"you see anything?" JJ asked.

"it's the royal merchant."

ELLIE SPEAKS¡

hi! i am so sorry for not posting
for a couple of days. i'm currently
having a identity crisis.

i have no idea if i'm attracted to Rafe,
draco, nial horan or JJ, that's how bad it is!

also, just to let you all know, i won't be posting
through the 20th-1st September, as i'll be in poland and spain but i'll try and get
prewritten chapters!

don't forget to comment and vote<3

NOT EDITED AT ALL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

571K 11.2K 68
š˜ˆš˜“ š˜Ŗš˜§ š˜“š˜©š˜¦ š˜øš˜¢š˜“ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜§š˜Ŗš˜³š˜“š˜µ š˜³š˜¢š˜ŗ š˜°š˜§ š˜“š˜¶š˜Æ š˜Ŗš˜Æ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜®š˜°š˜³š˜Æš˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜©š˜¦ š˜øš˜¢š˜“ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜®š˜Ŗš˜„š˜Æš˜Ŗš˜Øš˜©š˜µ š˜³š˜¢š˜Ŗš˜Æ, š˜øš˜©š˜Ŗš˜¤...
225K 3.4K 57
šššš‘ššŠšš•ššŠššœššœšš˜šš™šš‘šš’šš•ššŽ : šš•šš˜ššŸššŽšš› šš˜šš šššš‘ššŽ ššœššŽššŠ Franklin moves to the Outer Banks after a tragic accident back home. She moves on with her...
93.8K 1.7K 16
Sequel to āš“ Alone Together āš“ Outer Banks JJ Maybank//OC
151K 2K 28
''š˜›š˜©š˜¦ š˜®š˜°š˜“š˜µ š˜®š˜¦š˜“š˜“š˜¦š˜„ š˜¶š˜± š˜µš˜©š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜¶š˜Æš˜Ŗš˜·š˜¦š˜³š˜“š˜¦ š˜¤š˜¢š˜Æ š˜¦š˜·š˜¦š˜³ š˜„š˜° š˜µš˜° š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶ š˜Ŗš˜“ š˜­š˜¦š˜µ š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶ š˜®š˜¦š˜¦š˜µ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜³š˜Ŗš˜Øš˜©š˜µ...