Egotistical

By casuallyslaying

[ third book of attitude problem ] "I'm old enough to handle it by myself" Pharaoh was much like his fathe... More

0.5
1.0
1.5
2.0
2.5
3.0
3.5
4.0
4.5
5.0
5.5
6.0
6.5
7.0
7.5
8.0
8.5
9.0
9.5
10.0
10.5
11.0
11.5
12.0
12.5
13.0
13.5
14.0
14.5
15.0
15.5
16.0
16.5
17.0
17.5
18.0
18.5
19.0
19.5
20.0
20.5
21.0
21.5
22.0
22.5
23.0
23.5
24.0
24.5
25.0
25.5
26.0
26.5
27.0
27.5
28.0
28.5
29.0
29.5
30.0
30.5
31
31.5
32
33
33.5
34
34.5

32.5

2.6K 197 230
By casuallyslaying

   Nassiah was on  the phone with Alonso's dad and he could hear the judgment in his voice. "I'm too old to be worrying about my grown ass son nassiah- I'm gonna pull some strings but.. whatever he got going on- you guys better fix it" he said and Nassiah only mumbled back a yes sir. "You got kids, and I know you don't want to be away from Alonso for years, I'll call the station I have a few friends in high places up there" he responded.  "Do you guys have a lawyer?" Nassiah looked over at Mo'Nae who was on the phone with her lawyer friend she tapped her nails on the counter as they joked a bit before the conversation seem to get serious.

  "I think so, I'll keep you posted either way— thank you again"

"Kiss and hug  the kids for me, I got to come see them soon I know the older ones getting big. You don't do anything stupid Nassiah- we will get him out" he tried to reassure and Nassiah mumbled a thank you and hung up. King was sitting next to Mo'Nae eating his cereal trying to listen to both conversations and text his sister all at once.

  "Pa I don't want to go home, I haven't seen my favorite cousin in forever" he said and Nassiah raised his eyebrow. He then pieced together that technically Mo'Nae was his cousin and rolled his eyes.

   "So dior not your favorite cousin all the sudden? Or even any other cousin you got? Mo'Nae not even my favorite cousin and I don't know any other cousin I got" Nassiah started and Mo'Nae rolled her eye. "Ion like you around shit like this, it stresses you out"

"Pa respectfully I was getting beaten on for like 6 months straight everything stresses me out" king started and Mo'Nae put her phone away from her ear and looked at Nassiah with concern.

  "If you told me the second that nigga put his hands on yo- I don't even wanna get into that right now. What about your sisters?"

"What about them? I'm not a little kid you have to tell to close his eyes anymore when you go and do what you do best" Pharoah argued back and Nassiah only thought  for a second and nodded. "Plus it's all my fault and Quelly is in rehab— and dad is locked up and you are all I have to go to right now" he added. "My brain is foggy, I've been having nightmares and-

"Fine you can stay with me" Nassiah interrupted not wanting to have king far from him and suffering, he was right his sisters couldn't help him through a breakdown if he was having one. Tas'hania had a lot on her plate already to probably even notice if king was having one. "Soon as we hit Illinois you better be making appointments for Therpay- Ian asking either"

"You rarely do ask" Pharoah muttered and continue eating his cereal. He was just glad his father wasn't going to send him back home.

   "Mo, how big your house is? Cause Chicago coming to you" Nassiah spoke within seconds after silence attempted to fall between the three.  Arin walked into the kitchen saying  a goodmorning  to everyone. Mo'Nae only gave Nassiah a one minute and wrapped things up on the phone.

  "So are you guys homeless or something?"

"Watch your mouth I don't even got patience to give people chances right now" nassiah started and arin only shrugged.

  "I'm just asking cause you come in here demanding to stay- you and your kid and now Mo'Nae is up late hours trying to help you- so I'm confused. Are you on-
Nassiah grabbed the man by his neck and Pharoah only took his cereal and walked out quickly to the dining room.

  " Fuck did I just say? Let me reintroduce myself- I'm Nassiah and ion do well with disrespect" he said tightening his grip around the man's neck.

  "Yea thanks for helping! I'll call you later and we can meet up- I have to go like now" Mo'Nae said as she got off the phone. "Nassiah let him go to work, we have stuff we have to do" Mo'Nae started and Nassiah pushed the male back into the island. "Babe I-

"This the type of company you keep? So who the fuck are these hoodlums? This ain't a shelter.. we don't need to be giving handouts to these scum

"Arin! Even if me and mine aren't in good terms, only we can talk shit about each other" Mo'Nae started. "This ain't a hand out, this isn't nothing and he ain't scum— although our relationship is fucked right now mostly cause of me he was one of the few people who gave a fuck about me.. you don't know what or where I came from because I don't talk about that part of my life but he put me through school. He checked up on me and always saved me no matter what.. so I'm gonna help him- if you have an issues I'll call you when he leaves"

  " she means I'll fuck you up and she don't wanna see you have to go through that" Nassiah added with a smirk.  Arin only looked between the two and walked out of the kitchen. He didn't have time for this.

  " you admitting you wrong? Shiittt I wish I could've recorded that"  Nassiah said with a small smirk. "Even though everything you said bout me was true- you finna wanna fight with me all over cause Donnie on his way" he started and Mo'Nae shrugged she believed she was in a good enough place to not let that man be the center of her world. "With Maurice apperently" Mo'Nae looked up at him with a wide eye.

  "What he coming to beat me up or something?"

"I mean if I was him I would've, and if I was you I would've already been ready to fight- but that ain't happen so you still the pussy I thought you was" Nassiah started and Mo'Nae just shook her head. "Nah Maurice is Alonso's friend, he wanna come help- I don't know ask his ass when he get here— which should be soon cause they already in town"

"Nassiah!"

  "Don't Nassiah me, they already got them a bnb and me and king probably gonna stay over there it's like 10 minutes from here and if rice beat Donnie up I wanna see it" he said with a devious smirk.

  "You not gonna do anything dumb out here right?cause the streets out here been crazy— I would know they tried to get me once" Mo'Nae moved the dishes form her breakfast over and Nassiah shrugged.

  "We definitely gotta take care of Lacey brother" Pharoah announced and the two looekd back at him. Nassiah took 5 deep breaths, don't be mad at him this is a reflection of your parenting. Don't be mad at him.. don't be mad at him..

"Are you fucking dumb? Is he fucking dumb?" Nassiah asked both of them in the room. "What did you just say to me?"

  "He got dad locked up! He threw a book at your head, he's a problem- a problem that gotta get handled"

"Who got you talking like this? Cause you cry at loud noises now you wanna handle a nigga?Out  your damn fucking mind"

  "I'm tired of being a liability- and I'm damn sure tired of everyone having to save me— everyone call me your twin so it's time to start acting like one.. I was sitting around crying bout a lady who don't care bout me and that got someone who do in jail- I fucked up the family all cause I wanted to be a bitch bout"

  "King shut the fuck up, you pose to be better then me.. and if you keep speaking like that the only problem you gonna have to handle is me- can you do that? Cause you grown now right?"

   "Nass-"

"Don't Nassiah me you hear him? Now he wanna be hard right?" The doorbell rang and Mo'Nae was  trying to weigh options. Get the door or try and break up the brewing argument in here. But then the person started to bang on the door and Mo'Naes question  was answered for her. She sighed as it was only 9 am- she still had to get dressed and it felt like 3 arguments already happened since she woke up. She swung open the door and there stood a mean looking Donnie and a blonde haired man behind him.

  "I know you're tired of saving me! I can handle shit myself now—or atleast help you guys- how you gonna kill-

"You not killing anyone the fuck? Stop talking to me for I get pissed off.. this why you need to take your ass home! Cause once you make that move it's not something you ever come back from"

  "That's king talking like that- oh fuck no"  Donnie pushed past Mo'Nae  and left the two to just look at each other.

  "I'm Mo'Nae-

"Yea you the wife right? Nice to meet you.. I'm the one who had to put up with your husbands shit for 15 years- may I come in?" Maurice asked with a fake smile and Mo'Nae just nodded as she didn't know what else to say-

  "We aren't married anymore-

"Bit late  for that huh?" Maurice asked and then looked around.

"Yes.. come on in- I also just wanna apolo-

"We don't have to get into all that I'm just here for Alonso and to make sure Nassiah is okay" with that Maurice walked in. Donnie was asking Pharoah what happened and he was trying to explain but he kept getting stressed out. After all the yelling and the shrugging he finally sighed and looked at his father and god father.

"I'm the reason dad is in jail- what if we can't get him out?"

"Boy I'll break your daddy out if I got too- Alonso not allowed to be away from me for to long" Nassiah explained. Donnie pulled him in for a hug.

"You know Junior will kill us if you go crazy when he's in there- trust us a little, we made it this far yea?"king nodded as he chuckled a bit looking at Donnie.

"You think he hates me?"

Everyone in the room laughed a bit. "Alonso treated you like his own from the moment he saw you" Nassiah started.

"Oh yea, he told me Nassiah came back with a kid and next thing you know Everytime I saw him I saw you" Maurice added in. "Even when he was still trying to tell himself he didn't still love Nassiah" as everyone was getting along for the moment. Nassiah ducked off to another room after feeling his phone buz- glancing at it he never answered the unknown caller so fast.

"Baby I'm doing everything I can to get you out of there I promise- I called your dad, Amor- me donnie and rice are up here- Mo'Nae helping us get a lawyer cause I guess she knows someone-

"I'm not even worried bout all that baby" Alonso spoke softly, he sounded so calm. As if he wasn't in jail- his freedom wasn't being stripped and he wasn't in there with a bunch of random men.

"Not worried! I am! I don't want you in there- shit nobody does"

"How's your head? How's king? He sounded shaken up when I left him, tell him don't blame himself I'll take a charge for any of y'all any day" Alonso relaxed against the wall in the cell, he was on a burner phone that one of the saints gave him. A couple of the saints got locked up and transferred over here so as soon as they heard a Chavera was in here they met him in the Rec room. Isheems brother Isrieal, Lowell and some others who he couldn't remember his name. They on the inside where trying to get Alonso out too.

"We are fine, everyone's good- we all worried about you.. you know everyone leans on you, so it's weird right now.. I'm trying not to spaz out for real, king shit if you could hear your kid mane"

"The saints got me right now-

"I know you fucking lying, you buddy buddy with the saints"

"Hear me out- the more people wanting to get me out get me home to you., imma come home to you don't stress out to much"

"But babe, don't do nothing bad, you shouldn't even be talking to me on this phone. You need to be good, don't let them niggas keep you in there cause plan b is breaking you out"

"Don't do nothing dumb, I love you. I'll be home soo okay?" With that Alonso hung up and Nassiah turned around to see Maurice looking at him with sad eyes.

"Don't look at me like that rice I'm okay, you shouldn't have even came- unless you finna whoop ass" Nassiah started and Maurice just laughed and shrugged.

"Tempting but I came for Alonso, to help Pharoah and you with your mental and to keep y'all out of jail" he spoke and walked more into the room. "Me and Dayquellz isn't something I think or hope for much anymore I got something new" he spoke Donnie walked in the room and decided for once in his life not to say anything on impulse. The tension grew thick and Maurice couldn't help but sneak a glance at him.

"Well hopefully it brings you love and peace" he finally spoke and Nassiah rolled his eyes laughing to himself.

"It's like I'm fucking watching a soap opera"

...
- a calm filler. The ending soon come I think I don't know how I want it to end for real but I also don't want to make this book to long for you. I want to wrap up Donnie storyline, Nassiah and Alonso's storyline as well as Pharoahs - Dayquellz needs to closure and if I have time maybe Maurice too. In my notes I had Scenarios where everyone died, everyone lived and everything inbetween so we will see how it ends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 133K 94
Black Moon Series Book #3 Warning: #Mature #Gay #Triggering You shouldn't read this story before you have read at least I Would Give Him The Moon as...
39.2K 1.9K 39
Starting over, was something that I hated doing, but I didn't have a choice. The life I had once planned, was nothing like the one I had now. It neve...
2M 50.1K 48
•BL• RATED 18• THAT MAN TRILOGY 1• ─────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦ "He's a possessive man that doesn't like sharing anything or anyone that he owns...
874K 41.3K 35
#264 in Romance 06/02/2018 #267 in Romance 03/01/2018 #304 in Romance 07/01/2018 #455 in Romance 24/12/2017 *** Joshua Pits was a big man and that wa...