Royal Reputation

By CutePetal11

Clayton Collins had a dream. Ever since teenhood, he vowed to become King George's guard, aching to redeem h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 29

6 0 0
By CutePetal11

It had been a week now, but George still hadn't been sleeping well. He tossed and turned, before finally deciding to give up. But he didn't leave yet, he just stayed there, trying to wish this away.

About an hour later, he finally left his room. Sapnap was there to greet him. "Good morning George, sleep any better?"

George gave him a 'does it look like it?' face. Sapnap sighed, and led him to Dream's room without another word.

The first half of the day went by pretty normally. But just after noon, a guard came in with Sapnap.

"Your Majesty, someone is in the throne room, requesting your presence." George looked up at him, unfaced. He's been turning down all of his kingly duties for the past week besides the problems he gets sent through the papers.

"You know I don't really have the strength to do anything right now-"

Sapnap interrupted. "Trust me George, I wouldn't let him come get you if it wasn't important. You need to see this."

George grumbled, but put his papers down and stood up. He walked to the throne room with Sapnap, and saw a man in his late teens, or early adulthood by the way he looked. His attire looked rather formal, and he had a gold band atop his head. But what was strange about him, was he was wearing a pair of sunglasses.

When he saw him, he smiled. "Hello your majesty, my name is Eret... King Eret, Of Pikoro."

George nearly tripped as he said that. What in the world was the heir of Pikoro doing here?! "Oh- hello... King Eret... State your business with my kingdom." George tried saying as politely as he could.

They sighed. "I came to apologize for the actions of my father. And, thank you for ending his reign of terror. He was terrible, and I hated him with every fiber of my being. I came here to ask for a peace treaty, to help try and heal our kingdom's relationship."

George looked at her in disbelief. Was he being genuine? The look on their face looked real, but if he's learned anything from Dream, it was not to trust anything. Gosh, he wished he had Dream here to question him.

"I would love to have peace between us, but I don't understand, why do you want peace?" George said, getting on his throne.

Eret thought her words through before they answered. "Well, I'm not supposed to tell anyone this, but I guess since he's dead, it doesn't really matter, does it?"

George just looked at him confused. He gave him what he hoped was an encouraging smile, showing they could trust him. So she continued. "Well, my dad, or King James as you know him, well... he..."

He paused to wipe his eyes. "He killed my mom. Right in front of me. Just because she threatened to reveal what his true motives were. He told me if I told anyone that he would do the same to me."

George felt terrible. Even more so knowing he judged them just because she was from Pikoro. "I-I'm so sorry to hear that. Of course, if you want to write up a peace treaty, I am always on the side of peace."

He gave him a genuine smile, and took out a paper. As they brought it to him, he realized it was a peace treaty that she had already written up. He read it over, and it basically said they wouldn't fight him, if he did the same. He agreed to that, so he took a quill and signed it.

Eret smiled again. "Thank you so much King George, I hope our relationship in the future improves." He gave a little bow, and left.

Well, that just happened. George really didn't know what to make of it. But at least he didn't have to worry about Pikoro ever again. He couldn't wait to tell Dream.

He sighed. Maybe the more he promised himself to talk to Dream about something, the more likely it would happen. He sure hoped so.

It had now been over two weeks since the battle. The halfway point the doctor said he would recover by, if he did. George didn't think he could do all the waiting he just did all over again, but he would figure it out. Dream had waited years after his guard training to be a personal guard, so he could wait a month to be with him again.

He went off to Dream's room again, and started his work.

Sapnap was worried about him. He hadn't been getting hardly any sleep, evident by his dark crescents underneath his eyes. And he only had about one proper meal a day, he just never left Dream's room. It reminded him of how he was when he lost his parents.

George was also upset about how much he was getting done. People had realized this was a hard time on George, and tried not sending in too many letters of requests and problems. But from the ones that had been getting sent in, he only got about half of the ones he needed to get done a day. He just wanted Dream back.

The doctor said at this point he would make a full recovery, but that would probably take time. And George didn't know how much more time he could take.

After he ate dinner, the first full meal he'd had that day, he debated whether he wanted to go back to his own room. He did want to try to get more sleep, but he also wanted to stay with Dream. He decided a few more hours couldn't hurt, and went back to Dream.

By eight, he still wasn't as far through with his work as he would've liked, so he kept working even though the nurse had turned in. He figured if he wasn't going to bed, he might as well try to catch up as much as possible.

And that's when it happened.

George swore it was just his imagination, his mind had been playing tricks on him the past few weeks, but it wasn't. He heard shuffling, and then a voice he told himself wasn't real.

"G-George...?"

George looked up at the bed, and saw him. Not sitting up, not even lifting his head, but eyes open, focused, looking at him.

He slowly got up, and went to him. George was so afraid that he'd just wake up in his bed, and realize it was all just a dream. He reached him, and held his hand. They both smiled.

"D-Dream, You're awake! H-How do you feel...?"

Dream winced, reminded of his situation. "Terrible, my whole body aches. Especially my chest." He groaned a little. "How long have I been out?"

George wiped a tear from his eye. "T-two weeks.."

Dream's eyes widened. Then he took a good look at George.

He was a complete mess. His bags were as dark as he's ever seen, and his hair and clothes were a complete state. He wondered how much pain he's gone through these past, what, two weeks??

He suddenly didn't care about the pain he was in. He reached out his arms, inviting George in.

George wanted to, he wanted nothing more than to just collapse in Dream's arms again, but he was hesitant. "D-Dream.. I'll hurt you.."

Dream extended his arms further. "I don't care. I'll tell you if you're really hurting me, but I just want to be with you right now."

George paused. But if he was insisting... He slowly climbed into the bed, next to Dream. Dream scuffed, and pulled George on top of him. It hurt a little, but he didn't care.

George went a little stiff, trying not to hurt him. But he couldn't help it, he'd been waiting for this for too long. So he sank into him, crying softly into his chest.

It didn't take long for both of them to fall asleep.

Dream woke up first. The clock in the room said it was six. George was still asleep, on top of him. It hurt quite a bit, but not enough to wake him up. He needed his sleep.

About a half an hour later, the nurse came in. She stopped in the doorway, taking in what she saw. Dream looked up to her and smiled. He put his finger on his mouth, telling her to not wake him up. She looked completely baffled, but nodded, and left the room.

At around ten, George finally got up. He expected to be in his room, alone again, but was pleasantly surprised when he realized it wasn't a dream. He placed his head back on top of Dream.

Dream smiled. "Good morning George. Sleep well?" George smiled and nodded.

Dream winced a little. "Do you think you can get off? I'm hurting a little right now."

George scrambled off of him as quickly as he could, and stood beside the bed. "Of course, I'm sorry if I was hurting you-"

Dream grabbed hold of George's hand, pulling him down to be leaning over him. He placed a soft kiss on his lips, then smiled.

"George, I love you. I don't care if you were hurting me. You needed sleep."

George blushed a little, then smiled. It was good to have Dream back.

He changed the subject. "Want me to go get the nurse?"

Dream chuckled a little at his attempt to hide his flusteredness. But nonetheless, he did want to see the nurse. "Yes please, can you?

George nodded and left the room. Much to Dream's relief, he came back with the nurse almost immediately. She asked that George left, which he did. He wanted Dream to feel better as quickly as possible. Doesn't mean he liked being away from Dream, but he managed.

About an hour later, she allowed him back in. Dream was sitting up, leaning against the bed. He looked a little bit upset, but his face lit up when George entered.

George sat down at the end of the bed. "So...?" He started.

Dream sighed. "She said I'm going to need at least a week more in bed. My wound healed nicely, but she's worried if I move on it the internal bleeding will start again."

George nodded understandingly. "And you want to leave now anyway, don't you?" He said, a smile starting to play on his lips.

Dream chuckled lightly, then winced at the way it hurt. "Heh, you know me too well. I've never liked being cooped up. I mean, ask anyone. My teachers, my guard trainer, heck even my parents would tell you that."

George laughed with him. "Well, I've been doing my work here anyway, so you won't have to worry about missing me."

Dream was about to respond when he was interrupted by the door opening. They saw Sapnap in the doorway. An expression of shock and happiness instantly came upon him.

"Dream! You're awake! I-" He paused when he saw them, it looked like they were in the middle of talking about something. He looked at both of them.

George laughed at his hesitancy. "Don't worry, you're not interrupting anything."

Sapnap laughed a little too. "Okay good. So Dream, how do you feel?"

Dream paused for a second. "Oh, I'm doing fine. I'm hurting a little, but I'm fine." Sapnap nodded. He looked at George, and noticed he looked very well rested, compared to what he's looked like the past few weeks. He smiled.

"George, you actually look well rested for once. I assume you slept in here?" Sapnap siad, smirking a little.

George rolled his eyes, but answered. "Ya, Dream wouldn't let me go back to my room after seeing how tired I was."

Dream just shook his head. "Ya, of course I wouldn't. You looked exhausted."

George laughed a little. "I mean I was, I had only been getting on average about two hours of sleep every night."

Dream looked at him, a new level of concern washing over him. "We're going to bed early for the next month. No questions asked." Dream said sternly, but wrapping his arms around George and pulling him into a backwards hug nonetheless.

Sapnap rolled his eyes at the two. "Ey, I'm still here y'know. Leave that for when I'm not right here."

They all laughed, happy to be back together, once again.

A/N

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was traveling all day lol 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 52 62
I used a incorrect quotes generator and incorrect quotes I found on Pinterest. There is swearing, and mentions triggering words
2.2M 114K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
2.3K 164 21
When Mikey Way (Aka Kobra Kid), carelessly gets caught with his gun out in the middle of the city, he is immediately sent to, surprisingly, a Care Un...
237K 5.8K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...