Stray Gods (SLOW UPDATES BUT...

By DollyStuart

Pairing: Gods!OT8 x !F!Reader Genre: romance, mystery, supernatural, angst, fluff, smut Summary: With no mem... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 39

5.4K 208 125
By DollyStuart

'Where are you going dressed like that?' Minho asked as soon as you walked into the living room. His tone was that of surprise as he gaped at you. He wasn't being condescending, but the way he had been acting lately and your last altercation with him, still made you feel annoyed by his words.

'Wouldn't you like to know,' you said, fixing the collar of your tailored suit that you were wearing sassily.

'Hot damn baby girl,' Changbin whistled from the kitchen and instantly ran over.

'Watch out bro, your eyes will fall out if you keep looking at her like that,' Hyunjin chuckled as he came walking down the stairs into the living room.

'Looking sexy mama,' Han flirted with you as he passed by, pinching your booty.

'Hey!' you yelped, he winked at you before running off.

'Changbin are you ready?' Chan's voice called out from upstairs. He came rampaging down but stopped halfway when he saw you. 'Whoa,' he said, blinking a few times. 'Y/n, you look... woah,' he said, his ears instantly turning pink. You could feel that familiar fluttering feeling as he stared at you like that.

'Where are you guys going?' Hyunjin asked Changbin.

'Fundraiser, remember?' Changbin said, not taking his eyes off you.

'Hyung, can you like, move?' Seungmin's voice sounded annoyed from behind Chan. Chan instantly seemed to awaken from his spell and quickly jumped down the last few steps, landing beside the four of you. As Seungmin descended his eyes fell upon you and you could see his expression shifting. He stopped next to Chan.

'I like your suit,' Seungmin spoke, preserving his usual slightly reserved tone.

'Thank you,' you said with a smile. All the boys' attention was slightly going to your head now as you were starting to feel giddy. 'Hyunjin got it for me,'

'Oh, I like it less now,' Seungmin said, his voice and tone not changing at all. Hyunjin smacked him on his back with an annoyed face and Seungmin growled at him.

'So you're going with him to the exhibition?' Minho asked, his expression slightly off and a light crease between his brows.

'Yes she is,' Hyunjin said, starting to get impatient now. 'And we're running late, so if y'all don't mind, eyefuck her some other time, that'd be great,' he said, grabbing your hand and pulling you out of the circle of swooning boys.

'You lied to me,' you said suddenly, realizing something.

'Excuse me?' Hyunjin said as he stopped the car in front of the red light.

'Yeah, you did, you lied to me,' you repeated thinking deeply.

'About what?' he said, starting to sound defensive.

'I remember,' you began, thinking back, 'I remember you said that you weren't the god of knowing everyone's sex life,'

'What?' Hyunjin said, sounding genuinely confused now.

'Yeah, you said that!' you said, now sure of it. 'I can't quite remember when but you told me, and the others, that you didn't know about everyone's sex life!'

'So?' Hyunjin asked, taking a left on the roundabout now.

'Well, after our night at your art studio,' you began, blushing as you thought back at it and feeling warm, 'and that one time with Hannie,' you stopped, feeling slightly awkward, 'you knew back then too,' you said accusingly.

Hyunjin didn't respond. You looked over at him. There was a soft expression on his face, and the corners of his mouth turned up a little.

'Jinnie!' you spurred him on.

'Don't tell them, alright? We already have so little privacy as it is, with the whole mind-reading thing and all between us,' he said calmly. You stared at him frowning. 'But then again, I think some of them already might have a hunch about it. I mean we've been together for ages,' he said thoughtfully.

'Why not tell me?' you said, understanding why he hadn't told the other guys. Hyunjin chuckled.

'Would it make you feel more comfortable exploring your newfound sexuality if I had told you that I can sense it every time you feel like getting frisky?' Hyunjin spoke. You swallowed and cleared your throat, shifting awkwardly in your seat. 'Not only that, you were still coming to terms with us being Gods, our powers, the relationships we have, and even yourself. Would it really have helped you if I had told you you can't keep a secret like that with me around?'

'Right,' you spoke with a small voice. You bit your lip. You understood. It was not like he was intentionally breaching your privacy. You knew it was who he is, what he is, he couldn't help it.

'Do you ever find it annoying or hard?' You asked him softly, looking at him. He shook his head.

'Not at all. Love, lust, arousal, sex, they're all great things. I can't make anyone feel them just how Chan doesn't get to decide who lives or not. But then again, maybe that's a bad comparison,' He said, turning a corner and chuckling at himself. 'No, all feelings related to my area of expertise are happy feelings, good feelings. Whenever I sense them, it feels good,' he said with a curt nod.

'Do you mind it?' You asked him, it was a question you had had for all of them for a while now. You couldn't look at him and nervously started to pick at your nails in your lap.

'What?' He asked.

'You know,' you said, voice small and feeling embarrassed, 'that we, I mean that I, we... share?' you decided, biting your lip. Hyunjin laughed again.

'My love, we share everything together,' he said, and you knew he was talking about the others in particular, but it wasn't giving you the answer you needed. 'No, I do not mind,' he added, seeming to read your thoughts, 'And I can tell you, none of us do. We share. It's who we are, what we are. You are our Goddess, remember? Besides, I wouldn't be able to keep you to myself even if I wanted to,' he said with a chuckle. You giggled shyly as he pulled up into the parking lot.

'Well, we're here. Too late to turn back now,' Hyunjin said with a look at the art gallery from the outside.

'Sheesh, you make it sound like a death sentence,' you said jokingly.

'Well, who knows what we might find in there,' he said, wiggling his brows, which made you laugh.

Even though Hyunjin's crash course had made you feel more confident about your knowledge of art, and he had told you about every single art exhibition he'd ever visited before this, you still felt quite nervous as the two of you walked hand in hand up to the gallery.

There was a woman at the door checking your invitation and crossing your names from her list before letting you in with a formal bow.

Inside you were immediately attended to by a waiter with a tray of champagne, which you gladly accepted. You shot Hyunjin a look but he simply winked at you, letting you know it was alright.

'Hyunjin, y/n!' a familiar voice came from behind you. The two of you turned around and spotted Namjoon walking over. He was wearing an indigo-fitted suit and silver-rimmed glasses. 'I'm so happy you came, good to see you again,' he said with a shining smile. He shook both of your hands eagerly. 'Lady sends her apologies and regards,' he said with a soft smile to you. 'I'm sad to say she's at home with the flu, so she couldn't attend. She really wanted to see you again.'

'It's alright,' you said with a smile. It would've been nice to see and talk to her again, but you understood the situation. Besides, the two of you texted each other a lot on the side anyway, so it wasn't like it had been a long time since you had spoken to her.

'I gotta give my speech now, but how about after I show you around after?' Namjoon offered. The two of you agreed and he left you to dive into the crowd. Not a minute later you heard the familiar voice echo over the speakers. 'Dear guests and friends, I am honored and thankful that you all have come to the opening. I hope you will enjoy the exhibition and the art we have selected for you. Please remember, all funds, donations, and purchases will go to the Children's Art Projects. Thank you.'

When he finished talking, people started clapping and began to talk again. You could see Namjoon already making his way back over to the two of you, but he was being held up by some guests who were eager to talk to him. You could see him making eye contact with Hyunjin and giving him a nod.

'I think our tour has to wait,' Hyunjin said with a soft smile.

'Can you read his mind too?' You asked him surprised.

'No, but I can read situations and people, and this one seems like it might take a while,' Hyunjin said with a nod to the elderly couple who had Namjoon cornered.

'Right,' you said, softly giggling.

'Shall we?' Hyunjin asked, putting a hand out for you to take. You smiled and put your hand in his.

The two of you walked around the exhibition, looking at paintings and statues hand in hand. Now and then someone came up to Hyunjin, either to say hello or to make his acquaintance.

'Mr. Hwang, how nice to see you again!' a Western woman with a Mediterranean look came walking up to the two of you. A playful grin appeared on Hyunjin's face.

'Mrs. Gabris, how nice to see you again,' he said politely, shaking her hand.

'Oh don't give me that look,' she said playfully, 'you know I had to.'

Confused, you looked from Hyunjin to the woman. It was clear there was some kind of rivalry going on between the two of them, although you couldn't detect any real hostility.

'I mean, I get it, but I'll get back at you for it someday,' Hyunjin chuckled.

'I'd be disappointed if you didn't,' the woman said, nodding with a grin.

'But at least tell me how you did it,' He asked, his eyes narrowing with curiosity, and an excited smile on his face.

'Oh no, I can't tell you that,' she said, shaking her head and chuckling, 'That would be cheating,' she said. Hyunjin clicked his tongue but didn't push on. Instead, he put his arm around your waist and turned to you.

'My love, this is Mrs. Gabris, my - I hate to say the word - but my rival,' He introduced the woman. They both chuckled. 'We're on good terms though, although she can play a bit nasty sometimes,' he said lowly. She chuckled and shrugged guiltily.

'What can I say, I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them,' she said, sticking out a welcoming hand to you.

'Nice to meet you, Mrs. Gabris, I'm y/n,' you introduced yourself, happily shaking her hand.

'Nice to meet you too, y/n,' she said with a friendly smile before letting go. 'Now I'd love to talk to you longer, but I gotta go find my daughter. I was going to introduce her to Mr. Wan, and try and get her an internship there, but she seems to have wandered off somewhere. Have you seen her?' she asked Hyunjin with a light frown and tight-pressed lips.

'Sorry, no. I will let her know you're looking for her if I do,' Hyunjin said with a nod. Mrs. Gabris nodded as well and walked off in search of her daughter.

'She seems nice,' you said with a giggle.

'She is,' Hyunjin smiled. 'Outside of the guys, she's the only friend I have really. She can be a pain in the ass though, stealing clients, driving up prices at auctions just to mess with me, but then again, I do the same,' he said with a naughty grin, winking.

'Is that what you were talking about just now?' you asked curiously. Hyunjin chuckled and nodded.

'Yeah,' he said, clicking his tongue once more, 'she, at the last minute, stole a high-profile client I had been trying to acquire for years. Just like that,' he said, snapping his fingers and shaking his head. 'I don't know how she did it,' he said with a slight frown.

'Couldn't you like...' you began, wiggling your brows meaningfully at him, 'do your thing to get the client?' you asked. Hyunjin frowned.

'I've never used my skills that way on any of my clients,' he said seriously. 'I only use them to find the pieces I'm sure they will love. Nothing more.'

You smiled at him. Of course, Hyunjin wouldn't abuse his powers like that. You had known he wouldn't be like that but still, it seemed like such a simple way out.

'Speaking of pieces people will love,' Hyunjin said, suddenly grinning, 'I got a surprise for you,' he said, grabbing your hand.

'What? For me?' you huffed. Hyunjin simply beamed at you, holding your hand in a way that was clear he wanted to take you somewhere. For a moment you looked at him blinking. His perfect skin, his doll lips, his almond eyes and his pink fluffy hair... It was impossible not to think the man was a piece of art himself. You didn't need anything. You didn't need the surprise. You just needed the rest of eternity to stare at him.

'Okay,' the word left your lips softly, without you even realizing as you took a step towards him. Gently he guided you, passing the other art pieces and people who now seemed invisible to you as you followed him.

'Look here. It's this one,' he said when you had arrived in a small room with only one painting on each wall. He turned you around and you looked up to where he was pointing. You found yourself looking at a single painting.

But not just any painting.

Your mind felt at ease. The corners of your mouth turned upwards. Your heart felt warm, comforted, and loved. A tear rolled down the corner of your eye as you seemed unable to blink.

You recognized the style immediately. It was no question to you who had painted it.

Never in your life had you seen a painting that made you feel anything so deeply as you were feeling right now. His godly powers were flying from the canvas. The colors clearly represented all the guys and their love for each other, as the colors mingled, intertwined, and overflowed with one another. And in the middle...

A burst of light seemed to be shining from the center of the painting. Much smaller than all the other colors and shapes but somehow still the center of attention. It was captivating and mesmerizing as its beams lit up all the other colors. The beams held them together and made them look so much more vibrant.

'I-I-It's u-u-us,' you whispered. You could feel Hyunjin coming to stand behind you, his front against your back as he wrapped his arms around you tightly, embracing you fully.

'It's you, my love,' he whispered softly in your ear. Silent tears streamed down your face as your eyes seemed to be glued to the painting. There was nothing more for him to explain. You understood. Silently you stood there as he held you.

Minutes passed, or maybe hours as the painting etched itself into your mind and body.

'Hyunjin,' you croaked his name after what might have been an eternity, your voice hoarse from crying. He opened his arms a little and you turned in them, so you could face him. His expression was soft as he looked at you. There were a million things you wanted to tell him right now. You wanted to tell him how he was the best painter in the world. How you had never seen such an exquisite piece before in your life, not in any of the museums you had been to. You wanted to tell him how his painting was perfect in every way, go into detail about how it made you feel and what you knew it meant. You wanted to tell him that he should just paint for the rest of his life, that it would be a waste of his talents to simply stay an art dealer as this was the only painting in the world that meant something.

But you said none of that. Instead, the only words that left your lips were:

'I love you.'

It was barely more than a whisper but words had never come from so deep inside of you before.

Hyunjin's expression changed. His lips parted slightly as his dark eyes stared into yours. His eyes opened further as his brows raised a little. It was almost a look of surprise. As if he couldn't believe you said it to him. Although he knew very well that you loved him.

But still, your words seemed to catch him by surprise. He blinked, and a single tear rolled from the corner of his eye down his face, his expression unchanging. Ignoring your own tear-stained face, you brought your hand up to his face, wiping away the tear with your thumb as you cupped his cheek. This time it was your turn to smile at him softly. His brows slowly lowered and his lips closed again as the corners of his mouth turned upwards once more.

You and Hyunjin finally managed to find Namjoon and talked to him for a while. It was nice to catch up with him and you were happy to hear that both his members and Lady were all doing very well, although they were all very busy. He showed specific interest in Chan, which wasn't unusual since they both shared the same powers, but he seemed particularly sad about him not being able to be here.

'Oh, can you two excuse me, I have a very important stockholder who's waving me over,' Namjoon said, as he noticed a tall dark man smiling and waving enthusiastically. The two of you bade him goodbye and Namjoon strode off to his friend.

'Sweetie, would you mind if I excuse myself for a bit too? I gotta use the restroom real quick,' Hyunjin whispered, squeezing your shoulder for a moment. You nodded to him and he winked at you, quickly dashing off into the direction of the toilets.

Many of the visitors were still looking at the paintings, taking their time and analyzing each one of them. By now, you had seen most of them, and although pretty, none could compare to Hyunjin's work. You strolled slowly past the groups of people, looking at the paintings vaguely though you barely saw them. Not wanting to stray too far from the place where Hyunjin had left you, you looked around and spotted a high table that was all but empty save for one person and some new champagne glasses. As the first three glasses had been quite to your taste, you decided to get a fourth one, since there was no one to stop you now anyways.

'Hi,' you said to the girl leaning on the table. She seemed about your age and stood out quite a bit against the other guests. Her hair was cut into a short bob with the ends of it a bright blue color which contrasted her bright pink dress. She was wearing a nose ring and her ears were pierced from bottom to top, decorated with all kinds of earrings.

'Hi,' she greeted you back politely.

'Is it okay if I stand here?' you asked. She nodded politely before continuing to stare at her drink. You grabbed a drink of your own, taking a sip while trying to look at the girl inconspicuously. She was very pretty, with a face like an idol but a raw edge on her that made you think she would never be cast.

'Do you like art?' her question was so sudden it almost startled you. Had she seen you looking?

'Erm, yes,' you said feeling slightly unsure about what to say. She clicked her tongue and you looked at her wearily.

'I mean, don't get me wrong I absolutely love art, just not this kind of art,' she said, waving her hand vaguely towards the statues and paintings.

'Oh,' you said, surprised, as you scanned her bored expression. 'Erm, what kind of art do you like then?' you asked, trying to keep the conversation polite. Her face instantly lit up and she looked over at you.

'Minhwa,' she said, her eyes almost shining. 'Put me in a museum of Minhwa pieces only, and I swear I won't come out for days,' she spoke passionately. You couldn't help but laugh.

The girl shrugged and grinned, understanding that you weren't laughing at her. 'What can I say, I guess I'm just a traditional gal,' she said with a thick posh accent while batting her eyelashes ironically. You laughed again, clearly nothing about her was traditional at all, even though she did like Minhwa.

'What's your name?' she asked kindly, but before you could answer you heard someone calling over.

'Sera! There you are! I've been looking all over for you!' Mrs. Gabris sighed irritably as she strode over to the two of you. 'Where have you been? I've been calling you for ages!' Mrs. Gabris flamed.

'Sorry ma,' the girl, apparently named Sera, sighed, but her words didn't sound genuine. Sera's eyes flicked from you back to her mother awkwardly and Mrs. Gabris turned around.

'Oh, y/n, I'm so sorry,' Mrs. Gabris smiled awkwardly at you, clearly embarrassed you had seen her give her daughter a lecture. 'This is my daughter I told you about, Sera,' she quickly introduced her, putting her hand on the girl's back.

'Ah, I see you found your daughter,' Hyunjin's voice sounded from behind you. You turned to see him walking over to you.

'Ah, Mr. Hwang, we meet again. Yes, I did find her, thank you,' she said, squeezing her daughter's shoulder.

'You know me?' Sera asked surprised at Hyunjin. Clearly, they hadn't met yet. Hyunjin put his arm around your waist once more.

'Of course, I do,' Hyunjin laughed, 'Your mother loves to brag about you whenever I meet her.'

'You do?' Sera said surprised, looking up at Mrs. Gabris.

'I-I... I guess I do,' Mrs. Gabris said looking at Hyunjin, her cheeks turning pink slightly. Sera stared at her mother in surprise.

'Neither of you has anything to be embarrassed about,' Hyunjin said nicely. 'You're a great daughter Sera, from what your mother tells me, and you have a wonderful mother,'

Both of them now blushed as they looked at Hyunjin. 'That is if she's not stealing my clients from me,' Hyunjin teased. He used his free arm to lean upon the table, getting closer to Mrs. Gabris, but not letting go of you. 'But tell me the truth, how did you do it?' he said inquisitively, his eyes narrowing as he grinned at her.

Mrs. Gabris frowned and looked at Hyunjin, her look defiant, and you were sure she wasn't going to spill it this time either.

'My wife is friends with Mrs. Woo's cousin. It was simply a matter of pulling a few strings,' she said. Both you and Hyunjin looked at her in surprise and even Mrs. Gabris blinked a few times. She clapped her hand over her mouth and huffed. 'Oh dear, I wasn't planning on telling you that,' she said with big eyes, shocked by her own reply. Hyunjin leaned back, his brow slightly furrowed though his smile didn't falter. 'I don't know what came over me there,' Mrs. Gabris giggled as she looked from her daughter to Hyunjin and then to you.

'Probably the champagne,' Hyunjin said, waving his hand and playing it off. 'It's some strong stuff. But you gotta admit, that's a cheap trick,' he chuckled. You tried to push your own glass of champagne to the side a bit, so Hyunjin wouldn't notice you were drinking again.

'I know, but don't say you wouldn't have done it yourself,' Mrs. Gabris said, seeming to have recovered from her outburst of truth and reassembling herself to her usual stern but playful demeanor.

'Hmm,' Hyunjin said, pulling a thoughtful face. 'Maybe, but don't think just because you told me how you did it, I'll let you off this time,' he chuckled.

'Oh, I'm counting on it,' Mrs. Gabris said challengingly. You chuckled at their conversation, as you took another sip of your champagne absentmindedly. A man walked passed and greeted Mrs. Gabris. Meanwhile, Hyunjin turned to you.

'Speaking of champagne,' he whispered so Mrs. Gabris, who was talking to the man now, wouldn't hear, and took the glass from you as soon as you put it down again, 'I don't think the boys will let me live to see another day if I bring our girl back home to them drunk.' You looked up at him with a pout but he simply grinned, putting the glass to his own lips and downing it in one go, before Mrs. Gabris turned back to the two of you.

'I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse us right now, we've got that internship to arrange,' Mrs. Gabris said with a bow. Sera didn't look too happy at all at the sound of her mother's words, but she bowed and the two of them left.

Hyunjin stared after the two of them, mumbling to himself. 'That was... odd.'

'What was odd?' you asked him curiously.

'Well,' Hyunjin said, still not looking at you. 'Mrs. Gabris never reveals her tricks, ever.' he frowned. 'Nor do I, but we often tease each other with it. Poking away, but never giving in...'

You frowned as well, thinking as you stared at his thoughtful and beautiful face. Suddenly something inside you clicked. Like a light that had been turned on. Your eyes grew wide with realization.

'Hyunjin,' you hissed, feeling weird and excited, knowing deep in your guts that you were right, a divine part of you seeming to nudge you.

'Hm?' he hummed, finally facing you.

'Go ask someone something,' you said excitedly.

'What?' he said, looking at you like you had gone mad.

'No, I- ugh,' you stammered, too excited to find your words. It was like the first time, you knew it before they did. The first time you felt you were actually doing your job, doing what you were here for.

'Go up to someone and ask them something,' you repeated excitedly.

'What? Why? Can't I just ask you something?' he said confused, still looking at you like you had gone mad.

'No! Just go!' you hissed, feeling too excited as you pushed him in the direction of some people. Hyunjin stumbled and looked over his shoulder at you, seeming slightly concerned about your sanity.

'Excuse me, sir, do you have the time,' he asked, tapping a man on his shoulder. You hit yourself on the forehead.

'Happy?' Hyunjin asked when he returned, still looking at you apprehensively. You closed your eyes and sighed deeply. You had to get it together. You had to do your job.

You could feel your chest swell with the feeling of finally being useful, but you had to calm down. You took another deep breath and tried to imagine Lady. She was naturally graceful, calm, serious, and fun. Keeping her image in your mind and holding on to that divine whisper inside of you that was giving you the answer you opened your eyes again.

'Hyunjin,' you began calmly, meeting his eyes. For the first time ever you could see him reading you. He was reading your "love levels" and the pheromones you were giving off. You could see him, not just the man that was standing before you, but the powerful God of Love that couldn't help but read your human shell.

'Hyunjin, I think you earned your new special power,' you said calmly. Hyunjin's eyes grew big and you could see he instantly stopped reading you.

'I- wait? What?' This time it was Hyunjin's turn to stammer.

'My... Goddess instinct,' you decided to say, feeling your body fill with a warm light feeling at your own words, 'is telling me you earned your new special power,' you repeated. Once again Hyunjin blinked a few times at you but then straightened his back.

'I earned my new power,' he echoed back to you. The human part of you thought it was weird to see him like this, listening to your words in an almost submissive way, but it was quickly pushed aside again by that warm light feeling that was overtaking you.

'Yes,' you nodded. Everything was so clear now. The world seemed to look different, the people looked different too, almost dull, while Hyunjin seemed to radiate light. 'In our conversation just now, with Mrs. Gabris, I think you accidentally used your new power on her,' you explained calmly. Hyunjin's eyes grew even wider. 'To be sure, and to test it,' you began, even though you knew you were right, 'I think you should try asking someone a question they normally don't answer truthfully,' you proposed.

Hyunjin nodded quickly, a sudden focused look on his face as he panned around. You looked at him encouragingly, seeing his light glow and glitter with excitement when he apparently spotted an elderly man with unusually artificial-looking dark hair. A bitter look appeared on Hyunjin's face.

'Mr. Song has been an acquaintance for years,' he said, focusing on the man. 'He's always boasting about his fortune, and how hard he has worked for it,' Hyunjin scoffed bitterly. 'While I know he only managed to climb the ladder by extortion and blackmail. His so-called empire is built on lies and deceit,' Hyunjin explained, his eyes lit with fire. 'He's a compulsive liar, who knows no love, not even for his own wife or children.'

'Go,' you said. You knew you didn't need to say more. Resolutely, Hyunjin walked over to the man and his company.

'Ah Hyunjin, how nice to see you again,' another man who had been talking to Mr. Song said politely. Hyunjin smiled and shook his hand.

'Mr. Song, may I introduce to you, Mr. Hwang. This young man has an excellent eye for all that is lovely and pure in th-'

'We've met,' Mr. Song interrupted the man harshly. He looked Hyunjin up and down, his eyes resting on his bright pink hair disapprovingly. You could see it. A dark shadow cast in all directions from the center of the man. A black hole where no light existed. Suddenly the warm light feeling started to drain out of you like a plug was being pulled. With your eyes glued to him, you watched as Hyunjin went up to the man and struck up a conversation, the feeling seeping out of you, although you desperately tried to hold onto it.

'Mr. Song, how nice to see you again.' Hyunjin said politely. There was no sarcasm in his voice or anything else to detect his distaste for the man. Mr. Song simply hummed and looked away from him, his chin slightly lifted as he tried to start a conversation with an exceptionally rich-looking man who was standing next to him. But Hyunjin didn't let him off.

'Tell me, Mr. Song, is it true you're in search of a new art dealer? I heard Mrs. Yang quit?' he spoke politely, his tone airy with the feigned interest undetectable.

'Puh, quit? No, I fired her. That wench thought she could pull me down by revealing I had stolen her plan for the renovation of our gallery so I gave her the sack. Serves her right,' Mr. Song spat. For a moment he looked like his usual grumbly pompous self, but then his face whitened. Everyone was silent.

'That's... quite interesting Mr. Song. Now if you'll excuse me,' Hyunjin said with a grin and a polite nod to all the other gaping bystanders, before quickly rushing back over to you.

By the time Hyunjin reached you, the divine feeling had left you completely and it felt like you were waking up from the most perfect dream you had ever had.

'Sooo?' you asked eagerly, your human excitement taking over again, but you already knew the answer. Your voice sounded different now, normal again. Your mind was tumbling over itself with questions and enthusiasm for Hyunjin, and the light he seemed to be emitting before had gone.

Hyunjin grabbed your hands excitedly. It was enough for you to know the answer already.

'Well...' Hyujin began, looking somewhat out of it and staring at you, 'You were right,' Hyunjin said, his eyes shining with excitement. 'But how did you-

'No idea! I just did!' you said, matching his energy even though you felt a pang of disappointment at the gone divinity.

'I just can't believe it,' Hyunjin said, shaking his head and grinning from ear to ear. He pulled you in all of a sudden, and kissed you on your lips for a moment, making you giggle when he let go of you again.

'I can't wait to tell the boys,' he said excitedly.

W R I T E R S N O T E

Special thanks to my new betas @rocker7898 and @sydneye2411 without whom this chapter would've still been a mess <3

I'll try and upload at least weekly again as much as I can, and I also got a little surprise for y'all so stick around ;)

Lots of love,

Dolly

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 57 8
This is a fluff. (Some smut for my hard stans) Some makeout sessions I absolutely LOVE suggestions and requests. If I find kink shaming, I will cut y...
9.2K 483 38
𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐆 π‡π˜π”ππ‰πˆπ 𝐋𝐄𝐄 π…π„π‹πˆπ— "I am scared, what if he loves someone else?" "You can't say it without knowing if it's true or not" ...
828K 13K 65
a collection of stray kids imagines: fluff, angst, mini series, oneshots, and more! my early imagines are absolutely terrible so I recommend you read...
60.6K 1.2K 62
"Fine, if you tell me you hate me, I will leave you alone" "I hate you" "Hmm, do you?" "Yeah, I hate you so fucking much Lee Minho that it's sometime...