touch of nature * JIYOO

By jiunique

A deadly virus wiped off most of the planet's population, marking the start of it's 'New Days'. Human civiliz... More

1. "The Start of Everything"
2. "Factions and Troubles"
3. "Enemies or Allies?"
4. "An awaited meeting"
5. "No More Games" (M)
6. "First Location"
7. "Tasks and Goodbyes"
8. "The Unexpected Plan"
9. "You and I"
10. "Memories of The Past"
11. "Captain-up, Captain-down"
12. "First of Many"
13. "Close To Death"
15. "That Time of The Year"
16. "Trouble Slowly Starts"
17. "Before and After"
18. "Accidental Wrong Move"
19. "Anything For You" (M)
20. "A So Called Peaceful Day"
21. "Out of The Ordinary"
22. "Broken And Repaired"
23. "Christmas Day" (M)
24. "Christmas Night"
25. "Nothing Feels Right"
26. "The End Is Near"
27. "More Than One"
28. "Closer To The Truth"
29. "One More in The Group"
30. "Last Moments Before Disaster"
31. "Calm Before The Storm"
32. "The Day Has Come"
33. "All of Their Hope Was.."

14. "Feelings"

119 12 32
By jiunique

› AN HOUR LATER:

Minjoon entered the dorm, surprised when he didn't see Yoohyeon nor Minji. He scratched his head, walking towards the bedroom door and sighed in disbelief when it was locked.

"They do it even while Yoohyeon's still sick? Fucking hell.." Minjoon scoffed, changing his course to the living room and taking out his laptop. The man typed in some words, entering a site that not many survivors knew it existed. Mainly because it was one that was restricted to those who didn't have a proxy for it.

It was a site for people who were in need of secret information, but had to complete a specific task in order to receive that certain information. Usually, those tasks were similar to searching for a missing item or person, locating and catching a wanted criminal or getting rid of a group of infected. Minjoon has been using that site for almost 2 years and has been trying to find more information about SYM laboratories, but most of the times the informants were scams or people impersonating others.

But today was a different case. Minjoon scrolled through the pages when he came across a task that was searching for an assassin. The informants were the leaders of the Bluebirds and the promised reward was a very helpful lead to finding more information about the creation of the SYM vaccine. There was no way Minjoon could decline that offer. He instantly accepted it, getting a message in return from the creator of the post.

"Good evening, Minjoon. Please come to the main settlement of the Bluebirds in 30 minutes so we can discuss more about the target. From the Motherbird~"

Minjoon replied with an agreeing message, instantly getting ready to leave. He didn't rush to reach the Bluebirds since he still had a few minutes left. Once it was time, he entered the building and was welcomed by none other than the 'Motherbird' and 'Fatherbird' - Sangyoon and Saeji. The two were twins, just like Minjoon and Minj,i and their goal was simple - create a world where everyone was equal. It was pretty ironic since they were the ones with most luxury while the Bluebirds were trying their hardest to live by themselves. Hypocrisy at it's finest, but he couldn't blame them. In these times, such peacefulness was a dream to most.

"Good to see you here again Minjoon. Did our offer interest you that much?" The Motherbird said, sitting down on a chair next to her brother. "Do you really have information about SYM?" Minjoon asked, impatient because he was too eager to know. "Straight to the point, as always. We indeed do, and we're glad it was one of our loyal buddies that accepted the task." The Fatherbird said while looking at some paperwork on his desk and showing it to Minjoon.

"We don't have information about her identity, but we know her last location." The woman said, standing up to point out the key words to Minjoon. "As you know, suspicion arose between our members, so you must keep this hidden at all cost." She added, looking straight into the Icebreaker's eyes. "I know, Saeji. I'm not planning to waste this chance of knowing more about SYM, so the information better be valuable." Minjoon sternly said, taking the piece of paper and reading it.

"What did the target even do?" The Icebreaker asked after going through everything, confused by the information. The target was apparently a woman in her early 20s and didn't seem to pose a threat at all by the description of her looks. "She infiltrated our supply station and stole numerous of goods that would feed at least 10 families. She also murdered seven of our Bluebirds." Sangyoon answered, hearing a little "yikes" sound from Minjoon.

"We trust you with the task. Inform us when you're done, Joonie." The Motherbird said with a slight smile, showing the way out the settlement to Minjoon. No matter what, the Bluebirds and Icebreakers were allies, especially the siblings and the Bluebirds' leaders who had a rather friend-enemies type of relationship. As much as they didn't like eachother, they only sought one another for help when needed.

"How is Hyeju doing?" Minjoon asked the Motherbird, making her smile. "She's doing well. Do you want me to call her over?" The woman asked, earning a little headshake from the latter. "I don't really want her to see me doing 'this', if you know what I mean." He stated by pointing at his attire, earning a hum of understanding from Saeji. "That's understandable. I'll tell her about your arrival here and that you asked about her. She misses you and your sister a lot, you know?"

"Yeah, I know.. I wish we both had the time to see her more often. Tell her that I said hi." Minjoon sighed, walking rather slowly and sulkily.

Hyeju was their first cousin, and the only one whom the Kim siblings knew was alive and under well care. This was another reason why the siblings and Bluebirds' leaders were in good terms - their care for Hyeju kept their bickering to a minimum, if not, to a zero depending on the day. Their love for Hyeju was otherworldly.

"I'll tell her. Now go do your job, Icebreaker~ Let's see if you'll bail out this time or not." Saeji chuckled, earning a scoff as a return to her remark. "You know I don't easily bail out.." Minjoon huffed, fastening his pace to leave the settlement. The Motherbird snickered, waving at him with her fingers.

"Good luck~"

...

The Icebreaker glanced at the paper once again, sighing in disbelief since he couldn't believe a single person would cause such damage alone. Minjoon took a deep breath, putting on a mask that hid his face completely and ran to the last seen location of the target.

Soon, Minjoon reached an abandoned apartment complex and noticed a single lit room on the 7th floor. The man smiled to himself, thinking this task would be easier than he thought. He quickly rushed to the 6th floor, slowing down and stealthily walking when he was in the same floor as the target.

Unexpectedly, the target went out the room and saw Minjoon, surprised by his appearance. The woman instantly ran off, putting her hood on in hopes of hiding her identity. Minjoon cursed under his breath, instantly running after her. The target was surprisingly good with her movement and she managed to go down the stairs unscathed by jumping through some steps and railings.

But Minjoon himself wasn't bad at parkour neither. He was already a second away from finally getting a hold of the targeted woman. Right when he was about to seize her cape, he suddenly realized that he landed in a trap that was most probably set up by her. She made the Icebreaker follow her to yet another abandoned building, this time it being a dark warehouse. There was almost no sign of a way out of the place without a fight.

"Shit.." Minjoon whispered to himself, noticing the silhouette of the woman standing before him while holding a knife. Minjoon switched to his fighting stance, preparing to battle against the target with his bare hands.

It didn't take long before the target dashed first, giving Minjoon the disadvantage of attacking in any way. The woman's movements were sharp and she even managed to land a slight hit on his stomach and a cut on his uniform. Minjoon snickered to himself, having enough of the woman's tricks and he switched to a different stance midfight, surprising the target.

Because of Minjoon's sudden change, the woman stumbled on her feet and fell back, crawling backwards towards a wall and getting pinned on it. Minjoon slightly smirked to himself, getting the woman's knife from the ground and holding it over her neck. The Icebreaker took a closer look at the woman, noticing she was still trying to keep her identity hidden. He then abruptly took her hood off, widening his eyes..

"Bora..?" He silently uttered, making the woman stop resisting the man and look into his eyes through the mask. He couldn't believe that she was here. "Who are you and how do you know my name?" She hissed, noticing how the man who had tried to kill her was preparing to take his mask off. The moment he did, her hateful expression softened and she was looking at him in shock.

"M-Minjoon..? Is this you?" Bora silently uttered, sighing in relief when the man nodded and helped her stand back up. "I thought you left with the outcasts.. Why are you here?" Minjoon said, earning a frown from the woman. "How do you know that?" She asked, making Minjoon scratch his head with an awkward smile. "W-Well.. Yoohyeon told me that." He answered, earning a confused hum from the outcast.

"Yoohyeon? I thought she joined the Icebreake-" Bora paused, looking at the man's outfit and she widened her eyes. It instantly made sense to her. "You're an Icebreaker, aren't you..?" She said in a lower tone, glaring at the man.

Bora had an incredible amount of hate towards every faction member, just like the other outcasts, but she especially despised the Icebreakers. In her eyes, they were nothing but hypocrites who were seeking to gain power amongst every faction for the sole reason of power. Bora didn't know how to feel now that she found out Minjoon was an Icebreaker.. but that also made her realize something else.

"I-Is Minji an Icebreaker too?" Bora asked in disbelief, looking down when the man didn't say anything but slightly nod. The woman felt betrayed after finding out the woman whom she saw as a friend and the man whom she spent an intimate time with were members of the faction she hated most. Bora was disappointed in herself for allowing such thing to happen.

"Bora? Are you.. okay? Did I hurt you?" Minjoon worriedly asked, putting his hand over the woman's shoulder to help her balance herself. "Don't.. Don't touch me.." Bora silently spoke, pushing away the man's hand and looking at him with a smile of defeat. "You're here to kill me, aren't you? Just do it then, it's not like you Icebreakers aren't experts at doing that." Bora sat on the ground, closing her eyes and breathing heavily out of fear.

"I'm not going to kill you.." Minjoon softly said, crouching down infront of the woman and giving her the knife. Bora opened her eyes, frowning at him while scoffing. She thought he was manipulating her to hand herself in. "You almost sliced my neck and now you're saying you won't kill me? Why exactly were you after me in the first place?" She was now feeling annoyed by his presence and looked away, surprised when he actually answered her.

"If I kill you, I'll get a good lead towards finding more information about a thing me and Minji are looking for. Though, I'm not going to kill you, I told you that." Minjoon answered, sighing when Bora was still cautious of him. "You suddenly decided to let go of that? Just stop messing around and kill me already. You accepted the offer knowing damn well it was me who was the target." The woman angrily looked at him, shocked when Minjoon's gaze hasn't changed even a slight bit. He was looking at her with sincerity.

"Do you really think I would've accepted the offer if I knew I'd have to kill you?" He said with a slight smile, noticing the way how Bora was less tensed up than before. "I don't know what the Icebreakers have done to you that you hate us so much, but not all of us are gruesome monsters.. We could've easily killed Yoohyeon because of her bounty, but we didn't since she's our friend.. as well as your friend." Minjoon said, sitting down next to Bora and looked at her with a smile.

"And if I killed you, Yoohyeon would kill me afterwards." He said with a slight chuckle, making Bora giggle as well. The woman looked back at him and thanked him with her eyes, soon looking down in worry. "How is Yoohyeon doing? Is she okay there? Does she.. miss us?" Bora hesitantly asked, getting pulled in a little side hug from the man that made her slightly smile. She really needed that hug.

"She's doing great, even though she got sick this morning- Don't worry though, Minji is taking.. very good care of her." The man shook his head after remembering how his dorm's bedroom door was locked. "And she does miss you all.. a lot. She's doing everything for your guys' safety, you know?" Minjoon added, caressing the outcast's shoulder. "But why haven't you guys left the city? Isn't it pretty dangerous for all of you?" Minjoon asked, earning a sigh from Bora.

"The others left, but I stayed here for Yoohyeon. I can't just leave my best friend alone in this city.." Bora said with a weak smile, noticing the concerned look on Minjoon's face. "What's wrong?" She asked confused. "It's just.. Why did you steal supplies from the Bluebirds and kill their fighters? Don't you know how risky that is?" He questioned, surprised when Bora just tilted her head.

"Steal and kill them? I didn't do such thing though?" She answered truthfully, leaving Minjoon perplexed. "Huh? So why are the Bluebirds after you if you didn't do anything?" He asked, making Bora pull something out from her back pocket which left Minjoon shocked.

It was a SYM magnet.

"H-How do you have that!?" He exclaimed, widening his eyes at the item. "While I was scavenging inside the apartment complex, I saw another woman leaving that room and when I went inside, I found this magnet. That was a few moments before you popped up and started chasing me." She answered, tilting her head afterwards. "Weren't you after me because you thought I stole this?" Bora asked, earning a head-shake from the man.

"So you weren't the target in the first place.. Just at the wrong place in the wrong time." He sighed in relief, glad that Bora didn't have anything to do with this. "Doesn't Yoohyeon have something like this?" The outcast asked, making Minjoon hum as an answer. "She does, I think. It could be that same magnet." He said, not truly knowing that Yoohyeon gave her magnet to Minji nor he knew about their secret missions.

"Can you give it to her and say it was from me? Bora requested, smiling when Minjoon nodded. "I will. She'll be really happy." He claimed, making the small woman smile. She then clasped her hands together, sighing.

"So, I guess this is it. Till we meet again, Icebreaker." The woman added, standing up to walk away. But right then, Minjoon ran after her grabbed her wrist, making Bora turn around to look at him.

"Can't you join the Icebreakers as well?" Minjoon asked, making Bora widen her eyes. "J-Join them? What if I get recognized as one of Yoohyeon's crew members? I could put Yoohyeon in danger as well.." Bora said, shaking her head from thinking of so many negative outcomes. "It's been almost a month and Yoohyeon hasn't gotten caught nor suspected.. to some extent. Trust me, you'll be okay since we'll be there with you." Minjoon said with a little smile, holding Bora's pinky finger with his one.

"I promise you."

Bora couldn't help but smile as well, tightening their pinky promise. "Alright then, I'll join the Icebreakers. Not because of you, but because of Yoohyeon. And because I need a warm place to stay and sleep at night." She added with a smugish smile, making Minjoon chuckle. "I never said that I want you to join because of me. What gave you that idea?" The Icebreaker teased after noticing how embarrassed the woman had gotten. Minjoon then looked at his clock, smiling at it when he realized they still had time to sign Bora up as a recruit. "Come on, let's go quickly."

...

While walking back to the settlement, Minjoon explained everything about their ranking system, training sessions and the ways how the Icebreakers did their work. Since Bora would be a Tier 5 Soldier, she wouldn't get any hard tasks at first, but only do simple stuff such as scouting during the days or escorting letters given to the Icebreakers.

"Wait, Icebreakers receive letters from the outside as well?" Bora asked, getting an affirming hum from Minjoon in return. "Of course. Some still have families and friends outside their factions. Sometimes we even receive love letters from survivors we've helped too." Minjoon informed, making Bora more curious than before.

"Have you received any?" The woman asked in big curiosity. For some reason, she really wanted to know if the man was popular amongst everyone there and felt like she would be troubled if he indeed was. "Hmm, I received around 12 love letters from my last expedition." He answered, surprised when Bora wrapped her arm around the man and pulled him closer.

"Did you accept any of their confessions?" She sternly asked, startling the latter. "W-Well, not really.. Why do you want to know?" Minjoon asked in confusion, frowning in perplexity when the woman just smiled and released her hold on him. "Oh, I was just curious. Let's get going faster now." Bora fastened her pace, pretending like nothing happened while the man was feeling flustered by her actions. She really fit Minjoon's type and he thought it would be even harder to suppress his feelings now that they would be together in a settlement.

When Minjoon accidentally said that he liked someone to Yoohyeon a while ago, the person whom he was talking about was none other than Bora. Ever since the night he first saw her dancing, she was running through his mind almost all the time. The day Yoohyeon told him the outcasts all left the city, he was feeling sad, but thought it would be a good chance to let go of his feelings that would most probably be unrequited.

But after their encounter today, his feelings for the woman came back in an instant and he was as exited as ever to see her again. Minjoon really hoped to finally have his chance of experiencing love for the first time, and mostly, letting Hayoung know about his crush on Bora. She deserved better than all the false hope Minjoon was giving her.

› 4 HOURS LATER:

Hayoung, Yoobin, Yoohyeon and Minji were having dinner in the canteen when Minjoon sat next to them with a rather sulky expression that didn't go unnoticed by the others. They all looked at him in confusion, but then sighed in disappointment when he informed Yoohyeon that she was called to train a new female Soldier in fencing.

"Train a soldier? Now!? Didn't you tell the higher-ups to give Yoohyeon time to rest?" Minji whisper-shouted, not wanting to be heard from the other soldiers who were having dinner as well. "I did, but that soldier wanted no one other than 'Captain Yoohtoni' to train her." He shrugged, managing to perfectly hide his smile.

"Me? Why me?" Yoohyeon asked with a mouthful of food, confused by the statement. "She probably took a liking towards you, who knows." He said by pursing his lips, almost laughing when he noticed the obvious annoyed expression on his sister's face. "Can we attend the training session as well?" Yoobin asked after noticing the visible dissatisfied eyes Minji was showing, surprised when Minjoon's twin sister instantly clasped her hands as a way to support the question that Yoobin asked.

"Yes yes, can we attend as well? Hm?" Minji questioned impatiently, clearly asking for an answer that would satisfy her expectations. The man hummed, pretending to be thinking.

"I think so? Yeah, we can atte-"

"Good! Let's go then!" Minji interrupted Minjoon with a smile, suddenly holding onto Yoohyeon's arm and walking to the training grounds with her.

"But my food-"

"I'll cook you something later, let's go now. I need to see who that Soldier is." Minji interrupted the girl, clearly being very impatient.

Minjoon chuckled, noticing the mocking looks on Yoobin and Hayoung's faces. "She got jealous, didn't she.." Hayoung said in a teasing tone of disbelief, earning a laughter from the two Icebreakers.

"What's this about though? Why Yoohyeon out of all people?" Yoobin asked while walking beside the two, noticing the suspicious smile on Minjoon's face. "Well, it's a little surprise that Yoohyeon will definitely like- No, she'll love it." He said, whistling as if he didn't leave the two on edge while they were whining for a proper answer. Minjoon was enjoying this more than he should.

...

Soon, the whole group reached the training grounds and saw a short woman facing her back on them. She had her kevlar helmet on and instantly turned around when she heard people walking, pretending to be shy when she saw Yoohyeon. Minjoon couldn't help but chuckle, it not getting unnoticed by Minji who was clearly having a hard time to keep her composure.

"What's so funny?" Minji asked annoyed, widening her eyes when she overheard Hayoung's words. "Could Yoohyeon be getting her first ever love confession? That's so cute~" Hayoung said with a smile while hugging onto Yoobin's arm, getting shivers when she felt two piercing eyes glaring at her from behind.

"Why do I suddenly feel like I'd die if I say something else.." Hayoung said while shaking her whole body, gulping when she looked back at Minji. "I think you fucked up by saying that.." Yoobin whispered to the woman beside her, earning a sigh of fear from her. "I'll keep silent from now on.."

Minji then looked around, noticing Yoohyeon had walked up to the new Soldier and stood infront of her with a smile. Minji cursed under her breath, sitting on a bench with her brother while he was clearly having the time of his life. "Does my misery make you that happy?" Minji asked in annoyance, getting a giggly chuckle out of her brother. "Your misery will definitely fade away once you see what the soldier will do." Minjoon said, noticing the clear curiosity in the woman's eyes. "What do you-"

"I'm so happy to see you, Captain Yoohtoni.. You look so beautiful.."

Minji widened her eyes at the words she just heard from the new soldier. Yoobin and Hayoung's expressions showed pure excitement while Minjoon was close to bursting into laughter. The way the new soldier said that obviously sounded hilariously forced, but only Minjoon knew who that newcomer really was under that kevlar helmet.

"I-I'm sorry, what?" Yoohyeon stuttered in shock, surprised when the woman held her hands. "I've always wanted to be trained by an amazing girl such as yourself.. I-I can't believe I'm seeing you in person. You're as beautiful as the rumors said you are.." The soldier said while acting shy, annoying Minji even more. "Why is she acting cute for no reason? Obviously Yoohyeon won't fall for that." Minji said to herself, soon being left completely dumbfounded.

"Y-You really think I'm amazing? Wow.. W-Well, I don't mind training you then.." Yoohyeon said with a little smile, suddenly shaking her head when she felt an undescribable cold feeling running down her spine. "A-Are you feeling cold as well?" Yoohyeon stuttered while scratching her neck and turning back, being taken aback when the new Soldier abruptly hugged her.

"I'll hug you to keep you warm, Yoohtoni.. You can count on me.." The soldier said, smiling to herself when she heard the squeals coming from Minjoon, Yoobin and Hayoung. Minji wasn't having any of this and wanted to interfere, but then got completely shocked when Yoohyeon was suddenly tackled to the ground and the female soldier was sitting on the girl's stomach.

"Flattered by words, just like always. You still haven't changed one bit, Kim Yoohyeon." The soldier said, widening Yoohyeon's eyes at the name she just said.

"What the-" Minji was about to interrupt, but Minjoon just shushed at his sister and pointed at the two girls with a smile. "Just wait, it'll get better now." He said with certainty in his voice, confusing Minji.

"How do you know my name..?" Yoohyeon asked, audibly startled by the soldier. "You really couldn't recognize my voice, you rascal? Who's the Oscar-worthy actress now!" The female soldier finally spoke with her real voice, making Yoohyeon slowly widen her eyes in realization.

"B-Bora!?" Yoohyeon exclaimed, instantly screaming in happiness when the soldier took her helmet off, revealing herself to be none other than her best friend - Bora.

"It's Tier 5 Soldier Sua for you, Captain Yootoni." Bora saluted with a wide smile, getting pulled down into a tight hug by the younger. "I missed you so fucking much.." Yoohyeon said weakly, hardly managing to suppress her tears swelling up out of happiness.

"Is that really Bora..!?" Minji exclaimed while looking at Minjoon, smiling when he nodded. Minji then quickly stood up, running to the two and jumping in between their hug like a child. Minji couldn't deny, she missed her friend from the nightclub just as much as Yoohyeon did.

Bora held the two girls' bodies close to herself, calling over the other three Icebreakers to join in, even though she wasn't familiar with Yoobin and Hayoung yet. She could tell they were good people as well, just like Minji and Minjoon.

"Didn't you leave with the others?? Why are you here?" Yoohyeon asked while hugging onto Bora's body for dear life. "I'll tell you only if you let me breathe, please-" Bora said while audibly struggling, making Yoohyeon awkwardly let her free, but not fully stopping hugging her.

Bora then explained everything to Yoohyeon and the other Icebreakers, not forgetting to introduce herself to Yoobin and Hayoung. Bora learned that they were close friends of Minji, Minjoon and Yoohyeon's. That made her happy. The woman was glad that her best friend managed to make friends during her lonely stay in here, but that also worried her. She didn't want Yoohyeon to get too attached to them and possibly forget about the outcasts, which was also another reason why she didn't leave the city with the others.

"Do you want to be roommates now?" Yoohyeon asked, earning a little gasp from Minjoon. "Are you really going to leave me, your only soulmate-friend for Bora?" The man dramatically said, soon hearing a little chuckle from Hayoung. "If Yoohyeon moves out, I'll move in to keep you company." Hayoung said, earning a similar to Minjoon's gasp from Minji. "You're seriously going to leave me for my damn brother?" Minji scoffed, noticing the slight smile coming from Yoohyeon.

"Actually, if Hayoung moves out, I want to move in with Minji instead." Yoohyeon said while smiling at Minji, getting slammed on her shoulder by Minjoon. "I'm not letting you be in a room with my sister. I know damn well what you two will do in secret." Minjoon glared at the younger while pointing his finger, earning a scoff in return. "You're acting like you won't be any different if you and Hayoung were roommates.." Yoohyeon mumbled, getting startled when Bora clapped with her hands to change the subject.

After what Yoohyeon said, Bora felt like she had to butt in so Minjoon and Hayoung wouldn't be roommates - no matter what.

"I made my choice.. I'll be roommates with Yoobin." Bora said with a smile, earning a shocked hum from everyone, but Yoobin. The captain just nodded with a pursed smile, not minding to be in a room with Bora. The outcast seemed like an energetic woman and that's all Yoobin needed to make her dull dorm more livelier.

"It's settled then. I'll be with Yoobin and you four can remain just the way you are." Bora smiled at everyone, being the first one to walk away to a bench with Yoobin so they could talk more.

"I can't believe you almost replaced me for Bora.." Minjoon said while glaring at Yoohyeon. "Sorry.. Maybe you should've been her roommate since you brought her here to us." Yoohyeon said with a thankful smile, humming in confusion when Minjoon's eyes shined in sudden realization. "I actually have something to give you as a gift from Bora, but open it when you're alone." Minjoon informed, making it seem like it was a very meaningful gift just so he could excite Yoohyeon.

"Really?? Gimme!" Yoohyeon happily said while being handled a small box. The girl examined it, secretly showing it to Minji. The Icebreaker woman looked at Yoohyeon, tilting her head in confusion since she didn't understand. She then noticed Yoohyeon gesturing at her with her fingers to follow her and then Minji smiled with a thumbs up, finally understanding.

Yoohyeon left the group and walked to a deserted spot on the rooftop's edge, soon followed by Minji who sat next to her. Yoohyeon excitedly pointed at the box and told her it was apparently a gift from Bora that she wanted Yoohyeon to open alone. Minji smiled, soon tilting her head and tapping on the younger's thigh to get her attention.

"Why did you call me if it was a secret gift?" Minji asked, feeling flustered when Yoohyeon wrapped her arm around the woman's waist. "I wanted to open it with you. Do you not want to be here?" Yoohyeon asked with a curious smile, chuckling when Minji shyly looked away.

"I never said that I don't want to.." Minji mumbled, making Yoohyeon hum. "Then what is it?" The younger cheekily asked, laughing when Minji whined at her. "Stop with the teasing and just open the gift already!" Minji exclaimed while sounding annoyed, but secretly she was trying to switch the topic because her heart couldn't stop pacing up. The woman was flattered that Yoohyeon wanted to open the secret gift with her, but she didn't want to hurt her pride if she said it. Minji just couldn't stop blushing because of how thoughtful Yoohyeon was.

"Alright fine~ Do you think it's an engagement ring?" Yoohyeon said with a bit of teasing, laughing when Minji gasped. "Are you and Bora secretly dating or something?" The woman asked in shock, sighing in relief when Yoohyeon instantly denied her accusation. Minji then frowned at herself, wondering why she was relieved in the first place. The older shook her head, not managing to stop her curiosity from taking over and she opened the gift herself instead.

It was safe to assume both girls were with widened eyes.

"What the.. Isn't this.." Minji said in shock, followed by Yoohyeon's confused eyes not blinking at all and a slight frown. "The SYM magnet? How did she even get it from you? Did you lose it somewhere" Yoohyeon asked Minji in confusion, watching the older looking for something in her pockets. "The magnet is still here though..? Could Bora's one be a normal coin?" Minji showed the item to the latter and put her magnet next to the other one, trying to find any similarities.

"The years are matching tho.. Is there something that we don't know of..?" Yoohyeon asked in confusion, looking at Minji after she thought of something. Now it made much more sense. "Wait a minute.. I think I got it now!"

The girl put her hand inside Minji's vest pocket, taking out the map and fully opening it. The girl instantly pointed at a location, staring at the map while Minji had her attention only on Yoohyeon.

"We could go to this spot next week and check if there's any magnets there." Yoohyeon said as a suggestion, circling with her finger around a spot that said 'M3'. "These M markings must mean 'magnet', right? Since it goes up to M8, there must be eight of them in total. We could try to find them all and check if they have any decrypted code, since the two magnets we have are marked with Y and E, as well as marked as M1 and M6 on the side." Yoohyeon said, smiling to herself because she finally managed to get it right.

As Yoohyeon was about to look back at Minji to see if she agrees with her theory, the girl got surprised when the woman suddenly pulled her in a kiss. The Icebreaker was so attracted by Yoohyeon's way of thinking that she couldn't stop herself from showing just how amazed she was - and the way she did it was by kissing the latter deeply.

"You're a fucking genius Yooh, oh my god." Minji chuckled in amazement, pulling the girl in a yet another kiss. Yoohyeon was too dazed to even realize what was happening, but she automatically started kissing back the woman. The girl pushed Minji to the ground, hovering on top of her while adoringly exploring her mouth with her tongue. She had one hand helping her balance over the woman while the other one was under Minji's head, not wanting the older one to hurt herself because of the hard ground.

Both girls could feel their rapid hearts beat against their chests from excitement. They were so indulged into their kiss that they hadn't realized that someone was going up the stairs to their location. Minji and Yoohyeon suddenly stopped kissing when they heard a dramatic gasp coming from the entrance. Thankfully.. or not, it wasn't an unfamiliar Icebreaker, but Bora.

"What the fuck did my eyes just see..?" The short woman said in disgust and shock, glaring at the two. Yoohyeon quickly fixed her position by sitting on the older's thighs and scratching her neck, while Minji was still lying on the ground in a hazed state because of the intense kiss. "Uh.. thanks for the gift Bora, I loved it..!" Yoohyeon said with shaky thumbs up, earning a facepalm from Bora. The older outcast then looked closely at her best friend, noticing her hands were over Minji's waist, suddenly smiling in curiosity.

"Are you and Minji.. a thing?" Bora asked while smirking, widening the two's eyes. Minji glanced at Yoohyeon, shyly looking away when the girl made eye contact with her. The younger pursed her lips, her eyes traveling all over the place out of nervousness and because she was way too flustered and shy by that question.

"Ah.. so you two are still in the 'too awkward to admit it' phase?" Bora said in a mumble, instantly making Yoohyeon panic and try to think of excuses. "W-We're just friends Bora! With some.. exceptions.." Yoohyeon weakly answered, making the short woman scoff in disbelief. "I've never seen friends kiss like that before, though. Are you sure you girls are just.. friends?" Bora teased, chuckling at the way Yoohyeon kept on spurring more and more funny excuses.

"Alright fine.. You two are good 'friends' I guess. I'm glad you loved the gift though, don't lose it next time." Bora ended her sentence with a bit of a threatening tone, leaving the two girls to continue their business while chuckling to herself. Yoohyeon sighed, looking back down at Minji and noticing how she hasn't looked back at Yoohyeon the whole time.

"Minji? You good?" The younger asked in confusion, tilting her head when the woman looked at her in a very unusual expression. "Are we really just friends Yoohyeon?' Minji asked back, making the girl widen her eyes while her heart skipped a beat out of nervousness. "W-What do y-you mean?" Yoohyeon gulped, feeling a heat in her cheeks when Minji held the girl's hands over her waist while the younger was sitting on the woman's thighs.

"I thought we were basically best friends by now?" Minji innocently said, leaving Yoohyeon completely puzzled. The girl thought of something much, much different. "O-Of course we're best friends! The bestest of best friends that fuck around all the time." Yoohyeon said back with a smile, earning a little chuckle from the older.

Right then, Yoohyeon felt something cold on her nose, making her hum in confusion. The girl looked up, instantly smiling widely and pointing towards the sky.

"It started snowing! Look!" Yoohyeon happily exclaimed, making Minji look up and instantly close her eyes because a snowflake got inside her eye. Yoohyeon giggled, putting her hand a little over Minji's face so she could look around freely.

Minji slowly opened her eyes, getting awed by the way how each and every snow particle slowly painted everything in white. Yoohyeon was smiling and looking around when Minji suddenly sat up and hugged the girl. It was the woman's first time seeing the first snow of the year with someone close to her.

Yoohyeon was a bit confused by the sudden hug, but she didn't dislike it at all. The girl embraced the woman back while giggling without a proper reason - she was just happy to be there. Minji smiled while looking around, adoring the feeling of being in a warm embrace while it was snowing.

"It's my first time experiencing the first snow with someone." Minji revealed with a smile, making Yoohyeon slightly pout. The younger tightened the hug and sighed, feeling comfortable just by being near Minji's side. "I will watch every snowfall with you from now on. You're my favorite Snowflake after all." Yoohyeon pulled out and looked at Minji, chuckling at how surprised the woman looked.

"Do you promise?" Minji said with hesitation in her voice, smiling the moment Yoohyeon showed her pinky finger. "I promise." The younger said with confidence, making the Icebreaker cup the girl's cheeks and adoringly giggle at her. Minji pulled the girl back into an embrace, closing her eyes at the feeling of having someone to comfortably hug onto. The feeling of being near Yoohyeon always made Minji undeniably happy..

She really hoped to continue feeling like this around her.

› END OF CHAPTER 14 ‹

So many tears... I can't anymore, who's cutting onions-

I realized that I stopped with the questions a few chapters back, so let me ask oneee...

Do you guys stan any groups other than dreamcatcher?

As for me, I stan like 63635173 groups, so if I have to choose top 3 I'd pick Fromis, Loona and Aespa ✨

› ‹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 493 43
"I'm scared" He replied, his tone shaky and worried. "Scared of what" Taehyun asked, holding Beomgyu's hand and assuring him that he is there for hi...
738 63 5
"Is there a chance that parallel lines will meet?" "It's up to you. We're not lines, we are humans. We can meet the path that we want without having...
7 0 9
There's No Chance of living a normal life, Losing hope was all what they could think about, tired of running away and hidding to some abandoned build...
838 67 13
When one loses their memories, only two possibilities, a new start or a new hate story. What will they both do when one wants answers and the other d...