Always (Afire Love #1)

By ganymeda26

It starts with a dare and ends with a dare; after all this is a game. Chace Alexander is an attractive, charm... More

01 - Charmer - Channing Winstead
02 - Playful Dare - Chace Alexander
03- With an Open Heart - Channing Winstead
04 - Winter in Your Eyes - Chace Alexander
05 - Falling All Over Again - Channing Winstead
06 - The Foreshadowing - Chace Alexander
07 - Cool Weather Never Felt This Warm - Channing Winstead
08 - Alive - Chace Alexander
09- The Voice of Reasons - Autumn Collins
10 - Some Things are meant to Break - Chace Alexander
11- Wild Heart - Channing Winstead
12 - Written In the Stars - Chace Alexander
13 - Say No More
14 - Just A Little Closer - Chace Alexander
15 - Almost Is Never Enough - Channing Winstead
16 - The Drink
17 - The World Turns Upside Down - Channing Winstead
18 - Going Down Memory Lane - Madeline Carter
19 - The Best Friend - Autumn Collins
20 - There's No Sign Leading To Home - Juliette Payne
21 - Road Trip - Chace Alexander
22- Something That We're Not - Channing Winstead
23 - Friends Don't Kiss - Chace Alexander
24 - You Tell Me - Autumn Collins
25 - Love Does That - Chace Alexander
26 - I Hate That I Love You - Chace Alexander
28 - Made In The USA - Chace Alexander
29 - Feel the Heat - Channing Winstead
30 - Coming Home - Chace Alexander
Spin-off Teaser
31 - Another Summer with You - Madeline Carter
32 - Say Anything Please
33 - Let The Touch Ignite You - Juliette Payne
34 - Sinners In Disguise
35 - Guilty Mind - Chace Alexander
36 - Clarity - Channing Winstead
37 - Elements of Truth - Juliette Payne
38 - Living In Romance Scenes
39 - The Deal Breaker - Chace Alexander
40 - Cut It Out - Autumn Collins
41 - The Tension
42 - Breaking Point - Chace Alexander
43 - Chasing Scars - Chace Alexander
44 - Let Me Go
45 - Contemplating - Chace Alexander
46 - When I'm With You - Channing Winstead
47 - Second Chances - Chace Alexander
48 - Words of Wisdom
49 - Inconsolable - Chace Alexander
51 - End to Begin
Bonus Chapter 1: Zachary and Eleanor
Bonus Chapter 2: Bradley and Lynda
Acknowledgement
Sequel Preview

27 - The Talk - Channing Winstead

228 44 37
By ganymeda26

It's been a week since Chace and I are officially together and still hard to believe this is happening between us. I never wanted any of this. Falling in love with him was out of the plan. He's known as the ruthless heart-breaker. My friends had told me that I might be just his next victim. Although I have my doubt, I assure myself about his promise.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He wraps his arm around me and gives a peck on the cheek. I still blush at the touch of his lips.

I make myself comfortable with him sitting beside me on this bench. "Chace!" I nudge his stomach when he smiles so cutely to a girl passing.

"She smiled at me." He defends his act, like usual. "Can't I just be nice to everyone?"

"You mean to every girl? That's risky." I grab his face and make him look at me. "Come on, Chace. Is it that hard?"

"Kind of." He replies without guilt. "You have no idea how hard it is to go from having endless list of girls to just one girlfriend." His confession is like a stab in the heart. But his innocent pout makes my heart flattered.

The hell with that Channing! I mentally slap myself to think clearly. His innocent eyes! Ignore them I tell myself. However, I think he must be just teasing me. I pull him closer to reach his lips. Bringing my lips to his, I kiss him slow then suddenly bite his lips.

"Aw, hurt."

I pretend to be innocent about that. "Ow, sorry. Did it hurt?" I bite my bottom lips, showing doe eyes.

He strokes his bottom lip at where I bit him. "You dare to play rough with me now?" he tightens his arm wrapping me. "Prepare yourself for the revenge coming on."

"See we bring out the worst of each other." I wink and he just smirks. I change the subject to the summer break we're going to have soon. "What's your plan for the summer break?" I secretly wish having summer vacation with him in spite of the summer job I take, I can spare some time for him; I want to.

"I have internship for this summer. Perhaps we can have some time to go somewhere together."

I hope my parents will let me. They trust Chace so much that sometimes I wonder how and why. Does Chace really have charms that work on everyone? I maintain to look cool. "I have summer job too. But we definitely deserve some time together."

"You do want it." He smiles in the crooked way. "I'll see what I can do about that." He gives me one long kiss while his arm still wrapping my body. He's pressing my body against his body. It feels so warm and nice. Being with him makes me feel safe.

"I'm so grateful."

"I feel content." He stands up. "I have class, love. I'll see you later."

-----

I decide to go out with Autumn this evening. We've been busy with our own business. I need this time to strengthen our good friendship. I even just found out she broke up with Tyler a few days ago. Some friend I am! She didn't tell me until I asked her. Nevertheless, she seems to get through it well.

"Richard O'Connell is cute." I tease her about the guy I've known she has spent quite often with. I honestly find her with Richard more than she's with Tyler even before the break up.

She punches my arm. "Oh, he's a friend. Partner in project, actually."

"I said nothing about that. I'm just saying he's cute and nice." I see her cheeks are flushed. "And you're blushing because of that."

We're walking together around the city with coffees to accompany us on the way. I like walking around and just talking with her or Eleanor if she isn't busy with the students' committee matters or Zach.

"Tell me about you and Chace." She changes the subject about me.

I'm thinking. "Chace is hot. We both are hot for each other." I laugh while she rolls her eyes on me. "He's your best friend. You must have known from him."

"It's not like I meet him every day like you do. And I don't live with him in one room." She adds. "Most importantly, I don't really talk with him since the last time he ruined my relationship, again. Did I ever tell you about that?"

I drink my coffee. "You guys should work things out. Btw, how do you know we meet every day? And he ruined your relationship again? Gosh so many I need to catch up on."

"One by one, Channing. Sure I know, I don't need to prove that. Chace craves emotional and physical connection in relationship." She takes a sip of his coffee.

At first, Chace kind of reminded me of Sam at how they both like physical connection, holding hands, hugging, and kissing. But Chace isn't Sam at so many different ways. He balances both emotional and physical moments. Moreover, I do love him while I never did in any relationships I had before.

Chace and I like talking from nothing to everything. As talk active as he is, he's the best person to share and talk about anything. Chace gets me to open up. The most important difference is Chace respects the boundaries of the physical needs. Truthfully, he never does anything to me unless I let him and I happen to love his touch and kiss.

I chuckle. "That's agreeable especially the physical one."

"Hopefully you're not like his girls who always asked for more." She laughs.

"Ouch, Autumn! That surprisingly offends me." I press at where my heart is, pretending like I'm offended. I am honestly, just a bit. Then I ask her about how Chace ruined her relationships.

She tells me all the stories about how Chace broke every one of her relationships. He said her relationships were not healthy and the guys were the bad ones. I don't deny that. From Autumn's stories I know enough she's attracted to bad guys.

I pat her shoulder. "I'm sorry to say that I'm on his side for this one. It's very sweet of him doing that for you."

"Oh, please Channing! You've been his girlfriend for a week and now you worship him too." She shakes her head in disbelief then takes a sip of her coffee.

"What? No! I take side where I know is right." I defend myself because I know I'm right. "Richard is kind of hot too, can't you see that? And I think he's into you."

"Your ex-boyfriend is hot too but you dumped him for Chace. What do you see in Chace?" she nudges my arm. "You get my point?"

That gets me thinking. I blink my eyes once, twice. What do I see in Chace? I grunt. "Chace is different."

"Different how?"

"He's a considerate man. Very gentle. Respecful. Honest."

She cuts me right away. "You remember we're talking about Chace Alexander here. You make him sounds so great."

"Autumn, he's your best friend. Don't be so bitter like that." I shrug. "Chace is Chace, okay. There aren't enough words to describe him."

"You're in love with him." She concludes.

I respond without hesitation. "I can see that happening between you and Richard." I wink. "Mark my word."

She chuckles, waving hand in front of her showing how that isn't a possibility.

"Why not? He's the only good guy you have ever told me about." I grin. "Maybe with him things will be different. Chace will finally give you his approval." I'm nudging her arm. "Ooow isn't Chace the sweetest best friend ever? He cares about you."

"Stop admiring him. And his approval never means anything to me." She retorts.

As we pass a book store, we see the subject of our talk, Richard O'Connell, going in the store, with a girl. They seem to be close. "That girl isn't his sister." I hear Autumn mumbling.

"Why do you care? You don't like him anyway." I see Autumn is curious about Richard and 'his girl'. I grab Autumn's arm and pull her to follow me to the book store. "Let's find out."

"Are you kidding? Don't." Autumn is being persistent in resisting me. That I know she's stronger than me since it results nothing when I'm trying to pull her.

I let go of her arm. "Well, I'm going alone then." I walk away with confidence. "Besides I miss the smell of new books in the book store."

Autumn is being Autumn. Her being persistent reminds me of my father. She lets me go alone. When I step in the book store, I look back but no sign of Autumn. My confidence is dropping to the ground.

I don't really know Richard. I only met him twice when he was looking for Autumn and the other time when they were in the library. Fine, I'll just look for a book. There may be something that catches my eyes to add to my to-be-read list this summer.

"Hey."

Turning around to where the voice comes from, I smile back at the guy standing a few steps in front of me. Richard O'Connell gives me his friendly smile. He has two books on his hand. "Hi, you notice me."

"Autumn's roommate, Channing, right?"

I nod. "Yes." I see him without the girl he comes in this book store. "Are you here by yourself?" I ask pretending as if I don't know that I have seen him not alone before.

"I'm with a friend. She's an old friend, visiting Boston." He has that cute smile, showing his good boy aura. "Say, she asks me to accompany her getting around the city."

"Ah I see." I don't know what to respond more. "It's nice to meet you. I think I'll take my leave first."

"Nice to meet you too." He stops me just in time I wish he would say something about Autumn. "Channing, wait."

"Yeah?"

"Tell Autumn, I miss her. She doesn't answer my calls lately." He quickly adds. "I need to discuss about the project."

I smile. "Take it easy Richard. I think she has been quite busy with the works and stuffs going on at some clubs she's in. I myself barely have the chance to talk with her."

He assures me again. "I understand. Just please tell her to call me whenever she's available."

"Haha, will do."

*****

Ps. last edited on May 7, 2017

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 7.7K 32
❝ Maybe I was meant to come back for you. ❞ We're all used to hearing the typical stories of two people falling in love - they get through life toget...
856K 14.1K 55
"Does this feel real enough?" He grabbed my face delicately in his hands, the rain runs down our foreheads to where our lips meet, each of us tasting...
372 31 29
Providence played them into each other's arms. After a far from glamorous first meeting, Aria had made an impression on Aiden that made him consider...
2.6M 73.5K 45
Completed - He had me pinned against the wall outside of his dorm late at night. He was staring down at me angrily. I was confused to say the least...