touch of nature * JIYOO

By jiunique

A deadly virus wiped off most of the planet's population, marking the start of it's 'New Days'. Human civiliz... More

1. "The Start of Everything"
2. "Factions and Troubles"
3. "Enemies or Allies?"
4. "An awaited meeting"
5. "No More Games" (M)
6. "First Location"
7. "Tasks and Goodbyes"
8. "The Unexpected Plan"
9. "You and I"
10. "Memories of The Past"
11. "Captain-up, Captain-down"
13. "Close To Death"
14. "Feelings"
15. "That Time of The Year"
16. "Trouble Slowly Starts"
17. "Before and After"
18. "Accidental Wrong Move"
19. "Anything For You" (M)
20. "A So Called Peaceful Day"
21. "Out of The Ordinary"
22. "Broken And Repaired"
23. "Christmas Day" (M)
24. "Christmas Night"
25. "Nothing Feels Right"
26. "The End Is Near"
27. "More Than One"
28. "Closer To The Truth"
29. "One More in The Group"
30. "Last Moments Before Disaster"
31. "Calm Before The Storm"
32. "The Day Has Come"
33. "All of Their Hope Was.."

12. "First of Many"

120 11 28
By jiunique

› THE NEXT WEEK, 8 AM:

Yoohyeon suddenly opened her eyes, breathing heavily and slightly sweating. The woman that was sleeping next to her woke up afterwards, noticing the visible anxiety in Yoohyeon's eyes and cuped her cheek.

"Hey Yoohyeon, are you okay? Did you have a nightmare again?" Minji softly asked, still sounding slightly raspy. Yoohyeon weakly nodded, snuggling close to Minji's nape. She then closed her eyes to feel the secure warmth of the woman's body.

It wasn't Yoohyeon's first time to have nightmares, but these ones have been getting more vivid by each passing day. After she successfully became a Captain, she has gotten more respect by every Icebreaker and easily became liked by many people there. Though, instead of feeling glad that she was getting closer and closer to completing her final plan, she was mostly terrified - she was scared of getting caught even more.

All this worrying didn't ease Yoohyeon's mind since she had started to have nightmares every single night. Most of them consisted of getting chased by something, but tonight's one was was way too disturbing for Yoohyeon's liking - she was killed by Minji.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up. I didn't mean to do that.." Yoohyeon said with a muffled voice, not wanting to open her eyes to look at Minji. The clear image of the woman holding a pistol right over the girl's heart still lingered on her mind. It truly scared Yoohyeon, since there definitely was a possibility for such thing to happen if Minji was to ever know of Yoohyeon's true background.

"Don't be sorry pup.. It's okay now, I'm here." Minji hugged the younger's waist, gently patting her lower back since she could feel her body was still trembling. "What was the nightmare like? The usual one?" Minji softly asked, noticing the hesitation Yoohyeon was portraying with her eyes.

"You don't have to tell me if it's hard to say." The Icebreaker assured, but Yoohyeon shook her head and slightly turned to look into Minji's orbs. "You killed me in my dream.." Yoohyeon answered weakly, making Minji widen her eyes. "I did..?"

"Yeah.. It was so scary.. You had so much hate towards me." The girl added sadly, looking away. Minji then faced the younger with her whole body, cuping her cheek to make her look back at the Icebreaker.

"It was nothing but a nightmare Yooh. You know I wouldn't hate you. Do you see any hate in my eyes right now?" Minji said with a cute smile, earning a little chuckle from Yoohyeon. "I don't."

"I don't hate you, puppy.. I would never." The older caressed her cheek, leaning closer and placing a quick peck on Yoohyeon's lips. The girl smiled, pulling Minji for a longer kiss filled with comfort.

"Can you two stop kissing when I'm sleeping right here.." Minjoon called out from below after he had woken up because of their kissing sounds. "Go to Hayoung if you're so damn annoyed that I'm fucking with your sister~" Yoohyeon teased, making Minjoon widen his eyes and instantly stand up from his bed to glare at Yoohyeon from below.

The younger hid behind Minji's body, silently laughing at her own words while the woman was visibly blushing out of embarrassment, as well as because she was flustered of Yoohyeon's boldness.

"You really are lucky that my sister is here, you kid. Otherwise I would've sent you to hell." Minjoon sighed in defeat, going to the bathroom to wash himself before leaving for breakfast. Yoohyeon sighed in relief when he left the dorm, suddenly giggling which earned Minji's attention.

The older hummed and turned around, widening her eyes when Yoohyeon abruptly hovered above her. Minji tilted her head with a smile, confused, but definitely didn't mind what Yoohyeon was doing. The girl leaned forward and closed the short distance between them, sucking on Minji's lips as if they were a lollipop.

Minji wrapped her legs around Yoohyeon's waist, pulling her body even closer. The girl smiled against the woman's lips, moving lower to kiss her jaw. Minji giggled, feeling ticklish because of Yoohyeon's little pecks. Though her giggles turned into a muffled whimper when Yoohyeon suddenly licked and bit her nape.

"You like to bite me a lot, don't you?" Minji teased, whimpering again when Yoohyeon left a hickey on her favorite spot. "What kind of a puppy am I if I don't bite my beautiful owner?" Yoohyeon provocatively said, making Minji gulp. The words that the younger said made Minji way too flustered that she got a little turned on.

"D-Don't say that, it's way too early for this.." Minji stuttered, cursing under her breath because Yoohyeon left many soft pecks on her jaw. "Why not? Is there a proper timing to say that you own me?" Yoohyeon teased after noticing how flushed Minji had gotten.

"Just shut up and kiss me.." Minji sternly said, pulling Yoohyeon back up to face her. "As you wish, my princess." The girl smirked, instantly plastering her lips on Minji's ones and aggressively making out with her. The woman cuped Yoohyeon's cheeks, tilting her head in a way to fully feel her.

Minji wasn't the type to want something or someone, but Yoohyeon was the one that had proven her wrong. Minji didn't only want her that moment, she needed her. The girl could feel the lust in every action that Minji responded to, smiling to herself because she knew that she could give what the older wanted in that moment - her.

Yoohyeon inserted her tongue in Minji's mouth, intensifying their kissing session. Minji lowly moaned when Yoohyeon moved her knee right between the older's legs, pressing over her area.

"Yooh, let's do this some other time. I have to be on a lookout in a bit." Minji softly said after pulling out, making the younger pout. "You'll scout today? Wasn't it supposed to be starting tomorrow?" Yoohyeon sulkily questioned, earning a sad smile from Minji. "I'm sorry pup, they changed the schedule last minute. I'll do that for a whole week." The Icebreaker caressed Yoohyeon's neck, noticing how sad she was which confused her.

"What's wrong? Why do you look so sad?" Minji asked with a pout, earning a sigh from Yoohyeon. "It's just that I'll have to be on a night lookout for the whole week too.." Yoohyeon answered, making Minji tilt her head with a chuckle. "Why are you so sad though? Is it that bad?" Minji asked, but Yoohyeon just shook her head.

"No, it's just- Nevermind what I said, let's go have breakfast." Yoohyeon said with a sigh, jumping down from the bed to wear her clothes before leaving first. Yoohyeon was actually sad because she wouldn't be able to see Minji for a whole week, since their schedules would be pretty different now. For some reason, Yoohyeon was way too shy to tell Minji the real reason.

The older tilted her head with a frown, wondering why Yoohyeon acted like that. She decided to shake these thoughts off and go eat breakfast too so she wouldn't be late for her work.

Minji took her tray with food and sat down next to Minjoon and Hayoung, wondering where Yoohyeon was.

"Guys, where's Yooh?" Minji asked, surprised when the two shrugged and continued eating. Minji frowned after noticing how suspiciously nervous they looked. "Are you sure you guys don't know?" Minji asked again, feeling even more annoyed because they shook their heads while being visibly anxious.

"Just tell m-"

"Oh my god, fine! Joanne called her and Yoobin for a practice match on the roof's ring!" Hayoung suddenly uttered, earning a glare from Minjoon. Minji tilted her head with a scoff, confused because it wasn't exactly a big deal since Yoobin was there too. "Why didn't you guys just tell me?" Minji asked, earning a sigh from Minjoon.

"Joanne asked us not to tell you, but I don't know why." Minjoon revealed, being surprised when Minji suddenly stood up. "Woah, calm down Minji. They won't kill Yooh or something." Hayoung put her hand out to stop the woman, but it didn't help because Minji looked too anxious to their dismay.

"Yoobin won't, but Joanne will if I'm not there." Minji said, quickly walking out the canteen.

She ran to the rooftop, frowning when she didn't see anyone. "Fuck.. she lied to Minjoon and Hayoung.." Minji cursed under her breath, running back inside to get a hold of her radio in private.

"I'll have to tell him to help Yooh out.."

...

"Just why exactly are we going to practice now of all times?" Yoohyeon whined, earning a giggle from Yoobin. "No idea. Joanne wanted some revenge match or whatever and wanted me to join to watch as well." Yoobin answered with a shrug, soon the two reaching the designated area.

"There you are! The last match was just a lucky hit, so I want a rematch." Joanne pointed at Yoohyeon, earning a giggle from her. "Sure, sure. You ready to be defeated again?" Yoohyeon teased, making Joanne smirk. "We'll see who'll be the one to be defeated." Joanne cheekily said, handing gloves to the girl.

Yoohyeon put them on, walking over to the center of the ring with Joanne. Yoobin glanced at the two before blowing the whistle, walking out the ring to watch the match start.

This time, Joanne didn't hold back and instantly surprised Yoohyeon by attacking first. The girl managed to luckily dodge, wowed by the latter's speed. "Are you trying to kill me or something?" Yoohyeon asked while dodging more hits, making Joanne smile. "Nothing like that, I just want to make sure of something." The woman answered with a chuckle, confusing Yoohyeon.

Because of that, Yoohyeon couldn't manage to see the next move and was punched on the stomach. For some reason, that punch hurt much more than any normal one. Yoohyeon widened her eyes, angrily pointing at Joanne while groaning.

"Did you put rocks in your gloves or something!?" The girl called out, making Joanne widen her eyes with a pouty smile. "I didn't put anything? Nothing other than my obsidian rings, look." The latter removed her gloves to prove her innocence to Yoohyeon. The girl just scoffed, shaking her head to get back to her senses and continue the match without any distractions.

Yoobin carefully examined the fight, surprised when she saw just how weak Yoohyeon had gotten with just a few soft punches. Those punches were so much weaker than the ones from the Captain-up battle, so she was confused as to why Yoohyeon was easily affected by them.

Yoohyeon suddenly groaned loudly, falling back on the ground with Joanne sitting on her thighs. Yoobin blew the whistle, worried that the woman might do something else. "Alright, that's enough. Let's just go back." Yoobin stated while waving her hand up, surprised when Joanne scoffed with an annoyed smile. "Enough? I was just getting to the most important part." Joanne mumbled, glaring at Yoohyeon.

"Let's reveal your little secret now, shall we?" Joanne whispered to Yoohyeon, suddenly removing her gloves and whistling. Out of nowhere, Mino and Gareum opened the underground gym's door and showed up with two items in their hand. Yoobin widened her eyes when Gareum suddenly held her in place and Mino walked over to Joanne while giving her an obsidian blade and a pack of gunpowder.

"The fuck are you doing!?" Yoohyeon exclaimed before Mino kneeled down next to Yoohyeon and put his hand over her mouth, apologetically looking at her. "Sorry little one, we're just making sure of some stuff that we heard of." Mino pursed his lips, looking at Joanne and waiting for her. "Personally, I'm not going to be sorry if the thing I'll test proves that what we heard of was true." Joanne uttered, making Yoohyeon even more worried.

They weren't doing what she was thinking of, right..?

"H-Hold on, don't-" Yoohyeon tried to utter, but Mino tightened his hold on the girl and covered her mouth better. "You'll handle it, right?" Mino said silently, feeling a little worried. This was a thing he hasn't done before, so the guy was worried if he might hurt the girl. But it didn't excuse the fact that he himself was more than curious. Mino had no choice, but to endure the burden.

"Can't you guys just fucking quit it already?" Yoobin exclaimed, making Gareum put her hand around the woman's shoulders to calm her down. "Don't pretend like you don't want to see her in pain because she stole Jiu from you. You secretly hate her, don't you?" Gareum whispered in Yoobin's ear, noticing that the captain had stopped resisting. "I'm right, aren't I?" She added with a smirk.

But that wasn't the case, Yoobin was just shocked that they assumed she felt hatred towards Yoohyeon because of such stupid reason.

"That's not true, I don't hate her? It's just not right Gareum, what if you guys hurt her?" Yoobin worriedly whispered back, earning a chuckle from Gareum. "Oh, you will definitely change your mind once you see the person she really is." Gareum mumbled, making Yoobin hum in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"We heard some rumors from outside.. not very good rumors." Gareum added while evilly smiling.

Suddenly, Yoobin got startled when she heard a muffled scream of pain coming from the ring. She instantly switched her attention towards the sound, seeing the obsidian blade very slightly being stabbed over Yoohyeon's stomach, just enough to pierce through the girl's skin. Though, this was enough to make Yoohyeon feel like her whole body was getting burned to death.

"What the fuck are you guys doing!?" Yoobin shouted, earning a shushing sound from Joanne. "Lower it down, will you? You can come and see for yourself." The woman said, motioning for Gareum to bring Yoobin closer. The girl followed her subordinate's order, carefully moving closer to the ring while holding Yoobin by her shoulders.

"Just watch now." Joanne said, removing the blade from Yoohyeon's stomach, laughing in amazement and fear all together when the red blood on the blade started turning black, just like the infection's goo. "Holy fucking shit.. The Bulldozer guy was right.." Mino uttered, looking at Yoohyeon who was visibly in too much pain to understand their words.

Joanne just shook her head, soon opening the pack of gunpowder and pouring some on the wound. Yoohyeon instantly winced, soon breathing heavily and trying to break free from Mino's grip because of the pain she was feeling. But the girl stopped her squirming when she felt a slight sense of relief, soon feeling the pain coming from her stomach being completely gone.

"What exactly are you, Kim Yoohyeon.." Joanne uttered in shock, seeing the small stab on Yoohyeon's skin healing by itself after her wound absorbed the gunpowder. Yoobin was more than surprised, since that kind of thing only happened to those who were affected by the virus when it had just started spreading. Yoohyeon had been infected for almost 13 years and was still aware that she was a human.

Yoobin also widened her eyes when she realized she had heard of that name that Joanne uttered, instantly looking at Yoohyeon in disbelief.

"You're Kim Yoohyeon..?"

Gareum just smiled, leaning to whisper in the captain's ear. "I told you she's a monster that you'd instantly hate, didn't I?" She said, chuckling with a hum when Yoobin did nothing but stare at Yoohyeon in shock and mixed opinions.

"It just makes you want to kill her on the spot." Joanne added after Gareum, then gesturing for Mino to go take the longer blade.

Mino nodded and then glanced at Yoohyeon, instantly retracting his hands with a gasp of fear when he saw her eyes. The girl's scleras were fully black and her irises and pupils had turned to a neon-like green color. She was staring right through his soul, which scared him to his bone.

"The fuck are you waiting for? Just go!" Joanne ordered, making Mino gulp and shakily point at Yoohyeon. "S-She's turning into something.." He weakly uttered with a stutter, soon all of them squealing and moving far away when Yoohyeon slammed her hand on the boxing ring's wooden floor, making a hole.

"D-Don't come near me or I'll kill you!" Joanne said with a shaky voice, being taken aback when Yoohyeon aggressively shook her head and suddenly, her eyes were back to normal.

Yoohyeon just looked around, worried by the far distance the other's were keeping. "Oh god.. Did I hurt anyone?" Yoohyeon uttered with a tint of shock in her eyes, standing up slowly. The others ran a bit away from her, taking her aback by that reaction. Yoohyeon put her hands up in the air as a way to say she didn't mean any harm.

"Do you maybe.. know what you just did? What your eyes turned into?" Yoobin asked, worriedly frowning when Yoohyeon hesitantly nodded her head. Yoohyeon scratched her head, looking at Mino with a threatening glare. "Was this what you guys wanted to test out? Are you fucking serious?" Yoohyeon angrily said, making Mino gulp and nod at the person behind her.

Suddenly, Yoohyeon heard running footsteps coming from behind and when she turned around, she widened her eyes when she saw Joanne running at her with a long obsidian blade. Yoohyeon thankfully managed to dodge it, but stumbled to the ground because of panic.

"I'll fucking kill you, you monster!" Joanne shouted out of fear, sitting on Yoohyeon's stomach and bringing the knife over her neck. The girl held onto Joanne's hands, trying to push her away. "S-Stop, I'm not going to do anything to hurt you, p-please.." Yoohyeon weakly said, struggling more and more to push Joanne aside.

"You'll fucking kill us all, you're nothing but a monster!" Joanne shouted, looking at Yoohyeon with a puzzled expression when she shook her head. "I can.. control it.. Please just.. stop.." Yoohyeon whispered in pain after Joanne managed to pierce through the skin on her neck. "You don't deserve to live, I'll kill you-"

"Soldier Kwon Joanne, stop right now! You're removed from the Icebreakers."

A loud, male voice from the gym's door was suddenly heard, frightening everyone but Yoohyeon because she was in too much pain to notice what was happening. Joanne let go of the long knife, widening her eyes at the person who was walking over to them with a few soldiers behind him.

"L-Leader Kang?" Joanne stuttered in shock, standing up and pointing at Yoohyeon in fear. "S-She's that Kim Yoohyeon person! She almost killed us- I swear, she's a monster!" The frightened woman exclaimed in panic, followed by Mino and Gareum agreeing with her. It didn't take long for her to notice the disappointed look on the leader's face.

"What kind of an idiot do you think I am to believe you? There's no proof of such thing, but only the damage you've caused to Captain Yoohtoni." He angrily said, calling over more Icebreakers to kick Joanne and her friends out the settlement for harming Yoohyeon.

"I-I'm not lying! Tell them Yoobin, you saw it yourself!" Joanne desperately called out for Yoobin, making her gulp.

Yoobin looked at Yoohyeon's weak body sitting on a bench while getting stitched up, feeling a sudden guilt reach up to her.

Whenever she saw Yoohyeon walking around the settlement, she never saw anything monster-like in her eyes. The girl was doing nothing, but helping the Icebreakers with a smile on her face. Especially when she saw Yoohyeon with Minji, she couldn't see any threat in those eyes. Only admiration and pure happiness.

Yoobin then glanced at the familiar woman who worriedly showed up at the gym's entrance and instantly ran inside towards Yoohyeon. It was none other than General Jiu herself.

The moment Minji saw how weakly Yoohyeon smiled at her, she almost teared up. The woman rushed to Yoohyeon and crouched infront of her, cuping her cheeks in worry and asking her numerous of questions. Yoohyeon held Minji's hands, assuring her that she was fine and hugged her to calm her down. Yoobin slightly smiled at the view, feeling both saddened and glad - glad that Minji would be in good hands, and saddened, because those hands would never be Yoobin's.

Minji didn't even look around, she only saw Yoohyeon and ran to her to shower her with care and comfort. This was more than enough evidence that Yoohyeon was not a person to be called, and treated like a monster.

The captain then angrily looked at Joanne before switching her gaze to Leader Kang, pushing herself away from Gareum's grip.

"It's nothing, but a lie. Joanne and those two tried to kill Captain Yoohtoni as a way to get revenge for the Captain-up match she lost. They even made a hole in the ground by trying to push in the blade over her neck." Yoobin sternly said, earning a scoff from Joanne. "Don't fucking lie, you bitch! I swear I'm going to-"

"Enough Kwon Joanne. You, Park Mino and Kim Gareum are out of the settlement. Forever. Be happy that we didn't choose a worse punishment." Leader Kang angrily said, gesturing for the other Icebreakers to take them out.

Yoohyeon looked at Yoobin, visibly thanking her with her eyes. Yoobin just slightly pouted with a smile, calling her over. The girl slowly walked over to Yoobin while holding her stomach, surprising the Icebreaker when Yoohyeon hugged her.

"Thank you so much Yoobin.. Thank you.. really.." Yoohyeon whispered, slightly tearing up. Yoobin was still frightened because of what she saw earlier, but for some reason didn't feel threatened, at all. Yoobin gently hugged back the girl, smiling.

"Does Jiu know?" Yoobin asked in a whisper, worried when Yoohyeon pulled out and looked down. "She knows of my identity, but doesn't know about.. 'that'." Yoohyeon said while pointing with her head at the hole on the ground, making Yoobin sigh.

"Can you explain how you're like 'that' tonight? When we have a lookout together?" Yoobin hesitantly asked, earning a little nod from the latter. It was the least she could do for Yoobin and her kindness.

"Just.. please keep it a secret, okay? Can I trust you with that?" Yoohyeon asked back, relieved when Yoobin nodded with a pursed smile. "You're in good hands, don't worry." The captain pat Yoohyeon's shoulder, noticing Minji walking over to them.

"What were you guys talking about?" Minji curiously asked, confused when Yoohyeon and Yoobin smiled. "Nothing much, I just thanked her for helping me with keeping my identity a secret." Yoohyeon said, making Minji widen her eyes. "You know too!?" Minji whisper-shouted, surprising Yoobin. "Wait, what do you mean by 'too'? Does anyone else other than you and me know about her identity?" Yoobin asked in confusion. "Well, my brother and Hayoung know too.. And apparently Joanne, Mino and Gareum somehow knew."

"That's just.. wow." Yoobin shook her head, still processing the news she had heard. Yoobin glanced at the two, smiling when she saw the hard grip of worry Minji had on Yoohyeon's waist, while Yoohyeon was gently holding onto Minji's one as assurance that everything was fine. The chemistry these two had definitely made Yoobin feel secure - not just because Yoohyeon wouldn't hurt Minji, but because Yoohyeon proved many times to be a good person.

"Excuse me, Captain Yoohtoni?"

A voice from aside spoke, showing it to be Leader Kang himself. The three girls saluted at the man before them, followed by a bow from Yoohyeon. The leader smiled, saluting back at them and patting Yoohyeon's shoulders.

"Are you hurt somewhere else? Do you need more medical assistance?" The leader asked, earning a head-shake from the girl. "I'm all good now, Leader Kang. Thank you very much for showing up right on time and helping me." Yoohyeon bowed down again, showing just how thankful and grateful she was.

"It should be General Jiu you should be thanking, not me. Thanks to her emergency call, we managed to get here right on time." Leader Kang revealed, surprising Yoohyeon.

"Really..?" The girl softly asked, looking at Minji in awe. "Yes, you should treat her to something special." He said with a little smile, patting his niece's back. "I definitely will treat her to something very special, don't worry about that." Yoohyeon said, secretly winking at Minji. The leader smiled at Yoohyeon, soon walking away.

"The hell was that for!?" Minji whisper-shouted, visibly surprised by what Yoohyeon did. "What? I only said that I'll treat you to something very special." Yoohyeon answered, cheekily smiling. Yoobin just looked at the two, sighing in defeat at their behavior. She suddenly hummed, earning their attention.

"Oh, Jiu aren't you supposed to go on a lookout?" Yoobin asked, widening the woman's eyes by that question. "Ah, right! I kind of forgot." Minji awkwardly chuckled, earning a scoff from Yoohyeon. "What do you mean you forgot!? You'll get a punishment if you're too late!" Yoohyeon exclaimed with a whine, scolding the woman. "And what? I have to make sure you're okay first. You're more important to me." Minji said with a little smile before waving bye to the two and walking outside to her appointed job.

"W-Wait Minji!" Yoohyeon said, making Minji stop and look at the younger. Suddenly, Yoohyeon got a lump in her throat when she made eye contact with the woman and forgot how to speak properly. "I.. I'll mi-.. uhh.. it's nothing.. Bye!" Yoohyeon shyly waved her hand, making Yoobin and Minji laugh because of her awkwardness. "I'll miss you too, Yooh. Bye-bye." Minji softly said before turning around and walking out.

Yoohyeon watched Minji's figure walk away, smiling to herself like a child. Yoobin just chuckled, clearly noticing how happy Yoohyeon got by those simple words. "What are you laughing at?" Yoohyeon poutily frowned at the latter, whining when Yoobin shook her head in disbelief. "You really surprise me a lot.." The captain uttered, making Yoohyeon sulk even more.

"Let's go back up and train if you want to- Just don't do that move on me, please." Yoobin said while pointing at the floor, earning an awkward nod from Yoohyeon. Yoobin teasingly hit Yoohyeon's shoulder, making the girl jokingly frown and chase her all the way upstairs. This definitely was the start of a new, very unexpected friendship that they were really looking forward to.

The two Yoo's start of their new friendship.

› 8 HOURS LATER:

*BUZZ*

A buzzing sound was heard, alerting everyone who had a night lookout shift that it was their turn. Yoohyeon and Yoobin were in the library, reading books when they nodded to eachother before going to change into scouting clothes and walking outside.

Yoohyeon looked around, smiling when she saw Minji walking back in. The girl waved at her, confused when Minji just slightly smiled and ignored her. Yoohyeon pouted, alerting Yoobin by that action.

"What happened?" Yoobin curiously asked after noticing how sad the girl next to her was. "I waved at Minji, but she didn't wave back.." Yoohyeon sulkily said, making Yoobin hum. "Don't worry, she didn't really mean it. It's just that people have started to speculate that there was something going on between you two." Yoobin answered, sighing when Yoohyeon was still confused.

"Jiu doesn't like to attract too much unwanted attention since the Icebreakers are too nosy about her dating life. I thought she told you?" Yoobin asked, surprised when Yoohyeon shook her head. "Did something happen that caused that?" Yoohyeon asked, sitting on the edge of a railing at the top of a building they were appointed to be on lookout at.

"I think it was five years ago when Minji was rumored to be dating a man from-"

"A man!?"

Yoohyeon unintentionally interrupted Yoobin, apologizing for it afterwards. Yoobin sighed with a chuckle, continuing her story.

"So, it was obviously just a rumor. Like you said, Minji and a man sounds surprising. That same man was also her brother's best friend and ex roommate. The Icebreakers all despised that guy because he apparently 'had taken Minji's virginity' and they all planned a secret murder plan to kill him.. and they unfortunately succeeded." Yoobin explained the story, leaving Yoohyeon shocked.

"Wait, so Minji kept her distance because she's worried that would happen to me as well?" Yoohyeon asked, making Yoobin snap with her fingers. "Bingo. She doesn't want you to get hurt for something stupid like 'taking her virginity', which is pure nonsense." Yoobin said, confused when Yoohyeon put her hands on her head in defeat.

"I'm so dead if they find out.." Yoohyeon mumbled, earning a hum from Yoobin. "Find out what?" Yoobin asked curiously, instantly regretting it when she heard the answer.

"That I took Minji's virginity.. Oh god, I'm so dead.." Yoohyeon said in panic, soon awkwardly raising her head to look at Yoobin. "Sorry for that information.." The girl apologetically smiled, earning a facepalm from Yoobin. "I should stop being curious about you and Minji at this point..." The captain shook her head, soon clapping with her hands to get Yoohyeon's attention.

"Now that I said curious, will you tell me about those 'supergoo powers' of yours?" Yoobin excitedly asked, making Yoohyeon giggle at the description. "It's gonna be a bit boring, you sure you wanna know?" Yoohyeon asked, making Yoobin raise her eyebrow.

"Oh please, it's not so common that I get to hear the coming out story of a hole-making machine with black and green eyes. I'm sure it'll be an interesting story." Yoobin joked with a smile, sitting next to Yoohyeon. "Alright then, but don't say I didn't warn you." Yoohyeon added before starting her storytelling.

› FLASHBACK TO 5 YEARS AGO:

Yoohyeon and the outcasts had just left their last base in Busan to find a new, more secure one since they were ambushed by infected in their last one. They've been moving from city to city every single day, but it lead to no avail since they never found a safe spot that wasn't infiltrated with dozens of infected or faction members.

One night, when passing through the streets of Seoul in hopes of finding a safe-zone, Yoohyeon noticed an underground subway area that was marked as a no entry zone. The girl whistled to the outcasts, calling them to check on the area. She took a sneak peak, hearing the sounds of mutated and instantly called it off. Right as she was going to lead the crew away from there, she stopped when Namhyuk spoke.

"Should we go check inside?" Namhyuk said, earning a head-shake from Yoohyeon. "Can't you see the sign? It's a dangerous spot. Let's get moving." The leader said, noticing everyone without Namhyuk, Jeongyun and one more young girl named Kyumin start moving.

"Don't fucking tell me you guys want to go there.." Yoohyeon sighed, feeling defeated because of the looks of the trio's faces. "Come on Yooh, are you scared? Because I'm not!" Kyumin said before walking down the stairs to the lower level.

Kyumin was just a 13 year old girl, but she had more guts than anyone there. Whenever the outcasts were scared of the infected, she was the only one that dared to jump straight in to fight them. Yoohyeon was very protective of her, since Kyumin was like a little sister to her. Not just because of that, but because Kyumin had a condition that didn't allow her to feel any physical pain, so Yoohyeon wanted to stay close just in case she got badly hurt without knowing.

"Kyu, don't you dare go! There could be many mutated there!" Yoohyeon angrily whispered, not wanting to attract any unnecessary attention towards them. "Oh, come on! You know they're easy to kill- Just let me go and I'll come out in no time!" Kyumin insisted, but Yoohyeon still didn't agree with her idea. Kyumin was as ignorant and stubborn as Yoohyeon, so she didn't listen to the older one and immediately ran in with her fighting gear.

"For fucks sake- You guys find a safe spot and hide somewhere, I'll go watch over her. Don't follow us no matter fucking what." Yoohyeon strictly ordered, startling the other members because of her stern voice. They all nodded, taking their bags and gear and dashing to a nearby building's rooftop. "Be careful and don't let her get too hurt, please." Bora spoke to Yoohyeon before leaving. The girl nodded, quickly running after the younger girl after she made sure the others were out of sight.

Yoohyeon peaked her head from a corner, seeing Kyumin crouching behind an ATM and looking at something. The leader carefully made her way to the younger, accidentally startling her.

But that startle turned into shush when both girls heard something they have never encountered before.

"What the fuck is that thing.." Yoohyeon whispered, fearful of the creature that was before them.

It was a gruesome looking infected that had two heads, was 2 meters tall, covered in human bones and clothes and dark red blood mixed with it's venomous goo. It's body had a rocky shield to protect the upper torso and the two necks. It was a true creature that came straight from the depths of hell.

"Y-Yooh, I think I'm actually scared of that.." Kyumin shakily whispered, getting a little caress on her shoulder by the latter. "Me too.. let's get out of here-"

"Who is there?"

The two girls froze on the spot after hearing the infected speak. They looked at eachother in fear, not knowing whether to make a run for it or stay hidden. Was it actually happening? Did an infected speak to them..?

"I said, who is there? Answer me!"

The monster spoke again, sounding more agitated than before. Kyumin and Yoohyeon didn't dare to speak, knowing that they'd be dead in no time if it saw them.

"Make a run for it, now!" Yoohyeon whispered, Kyumin nodding and instantly running.

"I will find you!!"

The infected loudly growled, running after the two. Yoohyeon glanced behind while running, noticing it was almost near them thanks to it's long legs. The leader cursed under her breath, looking at Kyumin. Yoohyeon took a deep breath, using all of her energy to run faster than the girl to open the door to the emergency exit.

"Go out and tell the others to run away." Yoohyeon ordered, getting weirdly stared at by Kyumin. "What are you going to do?" The younger looked at her leader in worry, making Yoohyeon panic because she could sense the infected was getting closer. "Don't ask questions and just go!" Yoohyeon tried to push the girl outside, but Kyumin resisted. "I'm not leaving you here!" The younger protested, making Yoohyeon sigh in fear when she saw the infected peaking it's heads to look at them.

"There you are. I will not let you leave alive!"

The monster shouted, creating a blade out of goo and throwing it towards the leader like a bullet shot. Yoohyeon widened her eyes, trying to push Kyumin out to keep her alive, but the younger just smiled at Yoohyeon and looked into her eyes before jumping infront if the older. "I'm sorry Yoohyeon, it was my fault this time." Kyumin uttered, closing her eyes shut.

"What are you-"

"K-Kyu..? Kyumin..?"

Yoohyeon shakily called out, holding the body of Kyumin in a tight embrace. The leader fell down to the floor, looking at the hole that was over Kyumin chest, as well as the one on her own shoulder. The pain she was supposed to feel was fully hidden because of the shock she felt.

"N-No Kyumin.. please.." Yoohyeon whispered in tears, trying to wake Kyumin up.

"She's dead, now it's your turn."

The monster hissed, running towards Yoohyeon. The girl just stood up, feeling her body burn from rage and her stomach scar hurting more than usual. Much, much more. Yoohyeon's vision started getting darker and she didn't know what was going on anymore, but she knew one thing for sure.. She'd slaughter that thing to pieces.

The infected evilly laughed, running even closer and closer to Yoohyeon. The moment it was a meter away from her, it suddenly stopped right infront of her. For some unknown reason, it didn't want to even touch Yoohyeon - it was too amazed and surprised of her.

"Are you not going to attack me, human?" The creature asked, noticing one thing inside Yoohyeon's eyes that definitely made it feel scared for the first time in it's lifetime - he felt threatened and overshadowed.

"Attack you? Hah, no.. I'll absolutely slaughter you to pieces, fucking piece of shit." Yoohyeon hissed, taking out her obsidian axe and quickly cutting off one of it's heads. The monster shouted out of pain, glaring at the human. "What exactly are you?" It asked, annoying Yoohyeon even more because it was still alive. "Stop fucking talking and die!" Yoohyeon cried out, dashing towards it to slash it's leg and making it fall to the ground.

Yoohyeon walked towards the creature, suddenly feeling an energy of power in her veins. The monster felt it's heartbeat fasten and it tried to crawl backwards as a way to escape. "D-Do not hurt me.. I-I apologize for bothering you!" The infected spoke with fear, making Yoohyeon smile like a maniac. "You? Apologizing to me? It needs to be Kyumin you should apologize to because you killed her!" Yoohyeon screamed in anger, cutting it's other leg off.

The monster was too afraid to move anymore since it knew there was no way to defeat the girl when it came to leadership and power. Yoohyeon was like a true predator in the creature's eyes. It stopped fighting his urges to survive and pleaded for forgiveness.. until the infected finally managed to see through Yoohyeon - she was one of them.

"P-Please wait! I will give you my power and then die!" The monster cried out, making Yoohyeon stop right as she was going to pierce through it's heart. "Give me your what?" Yoohyeon asked, finally paying attention to what it has to say.

"I w-want you to allow yourself to become my leader. I-I wish to help someone as powerful as you.. I will give you my strength, p-please.." The creature pleaded, sighing in relief when Yoohyeon sat down on the ground without keeping her glare off of him.

"Keep talking, and it better be something useful. I will kill you on the spot otherwise." Yoohyeon ordered, staring at the creature with nothing but hate. "I-I have enhanced strength as my power. I wish to die by giving a stronger opponent my true power." The monster pleaded, gazing at Yoohyeon while she walked towards it. The girl stood over it, suddenly sending shivers down it's two spines when Yoohyeon's eyes switched colors.

"No way in hell will I do that."

The infected now knew it would die uselessly on the spot, because it's enchanted strength was nothing compared to Yoohyeon's. She wasn't just one of the infected - she was stronger than every one of them.

"Did you think I'd accept your offer? This is revenge for killing my Kyumin, you motherfucker." Yoohyeon snickered, piercing her axe over it's visible heart. The monster loudly screamed in pain, looking into Yoohyeon's black and green eyes. It knew it was dead before the fight even started..

"Yoohyeon! Kyumin!"

The leader heard her name from the emergency exit, noticing her crew members running in. They all widened their eyes, seeing Yoohyeon hovering over a dead infected and Kyumin's lifeless body lying helplessly on the ground. The outcasts almost ran to check up on Yoohyeon, but quickly took a few steps back when they saw her eyes.

"Yoohyeon turned.." Chanmin uttered in shock, hesitantly taking his obsidian blade out. "W-Wait! I'm not turned, I swear!" Yoohyeon put her hands up in the sky, suddenly shaking her head and switching her eyes back to normal. She took a step closer, cautiously so she wouldn't scare them. "I promise I'm okay, I just.. I don't know what happened.." Yoohyeon looked down, noticing the hole that was on her shoulder was gone and her stomach scar had stopped hurting.

"Yooh.. You didn't do this, right..?" Bora said in tears, holding Kyumin's dead body. "N-No, I'd never! I tried sending her off to you guys, b-but she acted stupid and.. she jumped in to save me.." Yoohyeon weakly said, tearing up while looking at Kyumin. The leader slowly made her way to the little girl, holding her body and crying just by staring at it. "I'm so sorry Kyu.. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you.." Yoohyeon cried, burying her face in the girl's shoulder and letting her loud tears be heard.

"S-Shit.. Guys, I think there's more infected here.." Namhyuk said, taking a few steps back when he heard a huge horde running. The outcasts widened their eyes, pulling their weapons out in panic. "W-We are dead.. So damn dead.." Chanmin stuttered in panic, looking at his members for the last time.

Yoohyeon looked at the horde, not feeling scared of them because she was way too emotionally hurt. The girl stood up, carefully letting the body down to the ground and walking infront of her crew, standing still. "What are you doing!?" Jeongyun and Bora shouted, trying to pull her back. Yoohyeon showed them a weak smile before looking back at the dozens of brainless infected that were 10 meters away from her.

The moment they were almost near her, Yoohyeon shook her head aggressively and wiped her tears away, staring right through their souls. Surprisingly, she somehow made them slow down. The infected all stopped infront of her, threatened by Yoohyeon's appearance and aura.

"All of you, die."

Yoohyeon ordered to the infected, all of them following her order in fear and they slashed their own chests and hearts, dropping down to the ground.

Her crew was.. flabbergasted.

"Holy shit.." Namhyuk spoke in shock, walking closer to Yoohyeon cautiously. "Yooh..?" He called out her name, making her turn around with a smile, her puppy eyes blissfully shining, as usual. "I'll go kill the other ones that are deeper into the subway, you all stay here." Yoohyeon said before spinning her axe around and walking away. No one dared to stop her.

The outcasts all looked at Bora, wondering if she had an idea of how Yoohyeon must've gotten infected. She just nodded, sadly sighing while caressing Kyumin's cold hand. "She was injected by a SYM vaccine, but I believe that it was an experimental one, not the basic vaccine." Bora uttered, making the crew members sigh, because they never knew of that fact, but only assumed it.

"Do you think she knows about it?" Namhyuk asked, sitting down next to Bora and painfully looking at Kyumin's body with a tear rolling down his eyes.

"I think she didn't, but now she for sure knows." Jisung added, gathering all of the outcasts around in a circle. "No matter what, we must keep this a secret and not let anyone know about Yoohyeon's state. She's still our leader and close friend, okay?" Bora said, looking down and flinching when she heard screams of dying infected.

"B-But, what if she attacks us?" Jeongyun asked scared, getting pat on the back by Namhyuk. "Listen to yourself, buddy. Our Yooh would never hurt us. I'm sure she has always been infected.. I just wonder how it was possible for us or her not to realize of that earlier.." Namhyuk uttered, getting a hum in return by Jisung.

"You guys know about the scar on her stomach? Could that have infected her or something?" Jisung said, making everyone gasp in realization. "So.. does that mean Yoohyeon got infected by her mother?" Misoo claimed, getting a nod in return to her suspicion by everyone.

Suddenly, the outcasts heard running from behind them and they all saw Yoohyeon pointing behind herself while panting. "The spot is all clear. You guys can go in and I'll leave." She informed, but then tilted her head in confusion when she saw their frowns. "What do you mean you'll leave?" Bora asked, making Yoohyeon scratch her neck.

"W-Well.. I'm infected now, so I'll leave you guys.. I don't want to be a possible threat." Yoohyeon said, slowly walking out, but she felt Jeongyun hugging her from behind. "Don't you dare leave us.. Please Yooh, you're our leader and friend, we need you." Jeongyun pleaded, making Yoohyeon turn around and look at the slight smiles in everyone's faces.

"He's right, y'know. It makes you even cooler now that you can turn into an infected whenever you want to." Namhyuk said while gesturing slight punches, making Yoohyeon slightly chuckle. "And you're one of us Yoohyeon. We can't lose you too. I can't lose you.." Bora lowly said, tearing up at the thought of possibly losing her best friend, yet another crew member. Yoohyeon softened her gaze, silently sobbing to herself because of the support she received from the outcasts.

"I-I promise that I will never hurt you guys.." Yoohyeon looked down, calling everyone in for a hug. "This is our new home for now. Let's stay here.. and make a burial for our Kyumin.." Yoohyeon added, earning a nod from everyone. They all caressed her head, tightly hugging eachother.

"Let's stay together for a long time.."

› PRESENT TIME:

"And.. that's basically how I first found out." Yoohyeon clapped with her hands, looking at her watch. "Oh, an hour has passed already.. That was pretty fast." The girl added, turning to look at Yoobin and instantly softening her gaze. The latter was teary eyed and smiling at Yoohyeon.

"Wow.. You're such a good leader Yoohyeon.." Yoobin said, making Yoohyeon chuckle. "Well, I 'was' one.. I'm not one of the outcasts anymore. I kind of left just so I can join this faction to erase the bounty on my name." Yoohyeon revealed, earning a hum in thought from Yoobin.

"Are you sure it was just that? Because I'm more than sure you could've just left the city with them and the bounty would get revoked after a while." Yoobin questioned, smiling in satisfaction when Yoohyeon couldn't hide her anxious giggle. She managed to figure out the girl in almost no time.

"So I'm right? What's the other reason you're here?" Yoobin asked, noticing Yoohyeon smiling towards a direction and pointing at something. The Icebreaker turned her head, squinting her eyes and seeing someone training outside whom she instantly recognized - Jiu.

Yoobin looked back at Yoohyeon, smiling at the way how she was looking at the woman. Her eyes were full with nothing but adoration.

"The other reason is Minji."

› END OF CHAPTER 12 ‹

Was this too sad or am I too emotional..

Maybe both.

› ‹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 11K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...
114K 7K 65
AU Zombie Apocalypse In a world where zombies are around, Jisung and Minho follow the same path. Through hatred and love, will they end up finding th...
7 0 9
There's No Chance of living a normal life, Losing hope was all what they could think about, tired of running away and hidding to some abandoned build...
1.4K 132 30
A Jungkook fanfic in which they are in a middle of a very severe outbreak that turns them into what the call 'Infected'. This tells a story of 3 sur...