Royal Reputation

By CutePetal11

Clayton Collins had a dream. Ever since teenhood, he vowed to become King George's guard, aching to redeem h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 18

12 0 0
By CutePetal11

Finally, now with a clear mind, they had practically mastered the ceremony yesterday. George was happy with their practice and knowledge, but that didn't stop him from worrying during these next few painful hours until Niki arrived.

And boy, were they long and worrisome. Dream and George arrived in the throne room, in their fancy attire already, about five hours beforehand, just like they usually do on a normal day.

George didn't want to fall anymore behind on all his usual king work then he already has, having to practice and prepare constantly the past few days. So he was trying to do some of it while they waited, but to no avail. He hated admitting it to himself, but Dream was right. He had a hard time focusing on anything when he was stressed.

After about an hour, he finally gave up, putting his quill down with a frustrated sigh. He looked up to observe the whirlwind around him.

The throne room was full of bustling people putting the final touches on the decorations. After a second of nervously fidgeting with his hands, obviously not going undetected by Dream, George stood up, needing to do something to stop his running mind. He started pacing in front of his throne, which reminded him of his dad when he was nervous.

Dream, not surprised by George's actions, went over to comfort him.

"You okay?" Dream asked, placing his hand softly on the king's shoulder, giving him a small smile.

George stopped, looking slightly up to look Dream in the eyes, or at least, where his eyes would be underneath his mask.

"I'm fine, just really nervous. I'm sure I'm somehow going to mess it up and-" Dream cut him off as he pulled him into a hug from around his shoulders, resting his head on his arms and he soothing rubbed George's back. George let out a content sigh, and returned the gesture by wrapping his own arms around the taller's torso, and hugged him back.

Dream laughed a little. "You know being stressed out about it is just going to make you actually do worse, right? Besides, you have had years more worth of practice, if anything I'll be the one to mess something up."

George chuckled a little too. "I know, but I can't help it~. It's kinda counter productive, isn't it?" George said, muffled a little by Dream's chest.

Dream loosened his grip a little, and leaned in to give him a quick kiss. He softly pulled away, while simultaneously moving his hands from the brunette's shoulders to his hands and holding them.

"Is there anything that I can do to help calm you down before Niki gets here?" Dream asked, caressing George's hands.

George just leaned back onto Dream. "I don't know... I kinda just want to stay right here." George said, slightly snuggling his face into Dream's warm presence. That gave Dream an idea. He gently scooped George up, getting a small yelp from the king. He walked over to the throne, and sat down on the throne with George on his lap.

George's face flushed a deep pink. There were so many people in the room they were in, and Dream was shamelessly cuddling him on the throne. He was a little stiff for a minute or so out of embarrassment, but after some soft touches from his lover, he softened into him. If someone had a problem with it, they could respectfully shut up.

Dream took off George's crown, placing it in the slightly confused king's hands for safekeeping, and started playing with his hair. George melted like butter in his guards arms, snuggling up into a little blob on his lap.

As time passed, George felt all his anxiety and stress wash away as his head continued to get massaged by Dream. By the time they should start thinking about the visit, George's eyes were heavy. He just wanted to fall asleep right there.

Dream kissed his hair, and started getting up. "Probably should practice a few more times before Queen Niki arrives, just to be sure, ya?"

George groaned a little, but put back on his crown and sat up right. He hated when Dream was right, especially in these kinda situations.

They ran through the ceremony a few more times, and executed it flawlessly. And about five minutes in advance, they got into position. Dream standing right of the throne, and George sitting up right in it.

Dream saw George sit up straighter and straighter as the final minutes went by, noticing how he kept fidgeting with his hands. Dream frowned a little, nudging him slightly. When he got his attention, he gave him an encouraging smile. George took a deep breath, and smiled back.

A few seconds later, after giving their attention back to the door, the clock tower chimed two.

And not even a minute later, a beautiful young woman strides in elegantly with her golden hair flowing behind her. Two Latissian guards positioned themselves next to the door, while she and her personal guard stepped forward. They both bowed elegantly, before she took her guard's hand and walked to the middle of the throne room, flawlessly, and waited for their returned gesture.

Dream stepped forward, reaching his hand behind him to the still sitting king. George stood up, taking a deep breath before returning his hand. For the brief second they faced each other, George saw all the compassion and encouragement that was radiated for the younger's masked expression. It gave him that final boost of confidence he needed.

George took a step. Dream followed suit.

George's mind was buzzing as they walked through the room. He could feel his heart in his throat, but chose to ignore it. They continued walking, the light from windows illuminating their every step. All the guards positioned in the throne room were silently watching them with anticipation, knowing how important this really was. Dream, able to feel George's heart rate through his hand, gently caressed the bottom of his hand comfortingly, out of sight from anyone watching.

To everyone's relief, they made it to the middle of the room without any problem. They let go of each other's hands, Dream and Niki's head guard kneeling. George and Niki followed a second after, both bowing slightly. Everyone stood up straight afterward, having finished the ceremonial procedures.

Niki was the one who spoke up. "Thank you King George, for having me. I must say, you performed that beautifully. I was wonderfully surprised."

George smiled politely, but also genuinely. "Thank you Queen Niki, we are grateful for this opportunity you have presented both our kingdoms with. Let us see to it that we make this a reality."

They discussed between themselves about the terms and conditions of what this would mean for both of them for around two hours. Eventually, they both found a way to have this benefit both of them while still staying in each other's comfort zones. They agreed that this would indeed be for the better of both kingdoms. George smiled as they came to this conclusion.

"Well, I believe this settles it. Should we make this official then?" George asked happily.

Niki smiled, and bowed her head a little. "George, King of Evenere. I ask to solidify this alliance, for the betterment of both our kingdoms. Do you accept this?"

George copied her action, and spoke for himself. "Niki, Queen of Latissa, I accept your offer."

They both stood up straight, and shook hands to solidify their agreement.

George signaled to one of the guards in the room, and they brought up an alliance treaty papers. They both filled it out, one for Latissa and another for Evenere, and signed it, inscribing the alliance for all to see in near and far history.

The new allies gave each other warm smiles after they finished. George was the first to speak. "Welcome, Niki, to the Evenerian family. I hope this alliship brings us both prosperity and opportunity."

Niki nodded. "Same here, I welcome all of your kingdom into Latissa's ever growing family." She started smiling a little playfully. "Now enough of the formalities, I do believe we have a feast to start."

George laughed slightly and nodded. "Yes, yes, food sounds wonderful right now. I'll lead the way." George said, slowly walking towards the exit of the throne room with the other three in tow.

George led them to a different dining room than he and Dream usually eat from, about a hallway down. This was the first time Dream had seen this room, it was beautifully decorated with Evernerian colors, banners and tablecloths alike. The table was also quite a bit larger than the other one, which Dream didn't even think was possible seeing how big the other one was already to him.

Seeing as how Niki and her head guard weren't of this kingdom, and alas wouldn't know about Dream's family or any criminals in general, Dream felt comfortable enough to take off his mask when the waiter was not in the room.

While they waited for the drinks, they started exchanging small talk to get to know each other more. Niki was an absolute joy to be around, she broke the ice pretty fast. She had all them laughing as the wine came out.

As the waiter came out, he asked a question. "Who will be trying the wine?" George was about to speak up, when Dream cut him off.

"No George, I'll try it." Dream said, ushering the waiter to him. George rolled his eyes, this was about the poison thing, wasn't it?

"Dream, it's not going to be poisoned. I had Karl supervise everything made tonight." George said unimpressed.

Niki spoke up. "Wait, if there was a chance it was poison, why would you be drinking it Dream?" She said, confused and concerned.

Dream looked her way. "From a few bad experiences my family have had with poisoned drinks, they taught me how to tell the difference between one type of poison and wine, and I taught my body to become immune to the other. So even the strongest dose won't severely damage me." Dream explained, oxidizing his wine before he tasted it. After a second, he took a sip of the drink.

And spat it right back out.

George looked at him surprised, and now worried. That was not a good sign.

Dream coughed a few times, before speaking. "Oh shit that was actually poison. I'm so glad I tried it." He said, grabbing a glass of water to wash it down.

The waiter looked very worried about this. "Oh my goodness your majesties, I'm so deeply sorry about that- I have no idea who prepared that, want me to go ask?" He said anxiously.

George nodded quickly. "Yes please, go find the culprit right away. I swear- if this is another betrayal I'm going to lose my mind." George said, clearly tired of all this at this point.

As the waiter hurried off, Niki and her guard, who they now knew was named Puffy, looked at Dream deeply concerned.

Niki spoke up again. "Are you sure that you'll be okay?? There is no way drinking poison can be good for you."

Dream nodded, not even reacting anymore. "Ya, I'm sure. It's a very dangerous and looong process to become immune to Afilinit poison, but if done correctly it is life saving. I promise I'm perfectly fine, except for my taste buds of course." He said, chuckling a little at the end.

The waiter came back in at this point, and spoke up immediately. "Okay, I just learned that this was gifted by someone in the city, and a little bit of miscommunication caused it to not be examined. No one in the kitchen is at fault for this."

George signed in relief. Thank goodness, there had been a few too many betrayals in the past few months. He really didn't want this happy evening to turn into one of those nights.

"Thank you for the information, can you get us another bottle please? And make sure to get it from the castle storage this time." George asked after a second. The waiter nodded, and whisked off.

As he did, Dream leaned over next to George. He softly whispered something in his ear, causing George to get flustered and jokingly push him away.

Niki gave Puffy a knowing look. This was now the third time these two had done something questionably coupley. Both of their gay-dars had been going off, and Niki figured it would be a nice conversation starter to get to know them better.

"Say, I've been wondering..." Niki started, getting both the boys' attention. "I'm sorry If I've got totally the wrong.." She glanced at Puffy. "...idea here... But are you two like, dating?"

George's face flushed pink and he turned his head instantly to face Dream. "DREAM!" He whisper screamed, very flustered.

Dream started wheezing slightly, amused at how easily flustered George gets. He gently grabbed George's hand, and held it under the table. George allowed this, but refused to look at him.

Dream smiled after he stopped laughing. "Yes, we are dating. Guess we're not really that good at hiding it, are we?" Dream said to Niki.

Niki giggled and shook her head. "No, you're really not. But regardless, that's awesome, I'm happy for you two."

George, eager to get the attention off him, returned the question. "What about you Niki? You dating anyone?"

Niki's eyes widened, and she looked away from them. Puffy, on the other hand, started mischievously grinning. "Oooo, he asks a good question. Niki, why don't you tell them about that lovely crush of yours-"

Niki covered her guard's mouth as soon as she realized what she was going to do, but it was too late. "ShHhhHh! They don't need to know how pathetic I am!"

Dream smirked, having his teasing mode activated. "Oh really now~? Who's the lucky person..?" Dream asked, a little curious.

Niki blushed. "She's a scholar who works in my library..." She said softly, covering her face slightly.

Puffy looked at her surprised. "Wait, you tell them?! Girl, I have been trying to pry that out of you for weeks!" Puffy said, jokingly offended.

Niki faced her. "Well, I told Minx a few days ago, I was going to tell you once we got back home." Niki explained sheepishly.

Puffy looked even more shocked by this. "You told Minx before me!?!?"

Dream continued smirking. "Someone's in trouble~" Dream said while George chuckled at the situation.

Before Niki could defend herself, the waiter came back in with their food, causing the conversation to die down.

A few hours later, they had all finished their food, and were saying their goodbyes at the door of the dining room.

"Well, it has been an absolute pleasure having you ladies with us tonight. I hope for many more wonderful nights spent with you, hopefully not all on the brink of a war." George said, as they exited the room.

Niki laughed. "We can only hope. Thank you for having us, that was a very pleasant dinner. If anything happens, be sure to reach out. We'll be there in a heartbeat." Niki said with a nod.

George nodded back. "Us as well. Seeing as it's quite late, you and Puffy can spend the night here in the royalty reserved guest rooms so you won't have to travel in the dark. I'll have someone escort you."

Niki smiled. "I'll take you up on that offer, thank you George. It was lovely meeting both of you." She said with a little bow.

George smiled as well. "Lovely meeting you two as well." He signaled to one of the guards in the hallways. "Sir, can you please escort Queen Niki and her guard Puffy to one of the royal guest rooms?"

The guard nodded, and Niki and Puffy walked off with him.

Once they were out of sight, and ear shot, George let out a massive sigh of relief. He leaned onto Dream, exhausted from their long day.

Dream smiled softly, and wrapped one of his arms around the brunette. "Guess what George? We did it, they're allies now."

George closed his eyes, grateful for a moment of peace. Then he smiled as well. "We did, didn't we? We actually pulled it off."

Dream chuckled slightly at the king's tone. He was clearly tired. "You ready to turn in? It's pretty late."

George nodded, and they headed off to their room, after a very successful day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857K 39.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
909 89 18
In this story, you will meet the new generation of PAW Patrol characters. Including the pups' kids and some of the humans of the show's kids too.
240K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.1M 44.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...