Illusion | Taekook ✔️

By amy_149

✅ COMPLETED ✅ A story of two souls that were blessed or doomed to be together. A story of love, betrayal, pai... More

Author's Note
Character Introduction
1. Choice Is An Illusion
2. Choice Is A Truth
3. Kindness Or Stupidity
4. Privileged And Unprivileged
5. Unexpected Changes
6. Endless Maze
7. Self Doubt
8. First Gift
9. Souvenir Of The Darkness
10. Purity
11. Wrong And Right Is Illusion
12. Luck
13. Bed Business
14. There For You
15. Exploring Past
16. Helpless
17. The Answer
18. Intimate Moment
19. Legacy
20. Taking Stand
21. Life's Purpose
22. Last Day
24. Home
25. Calm After The Storm
26. A Normal Day
27. Withdrawal
28. Drunk Dazed
29. The Wedding
30. Pre-Reception
31. Reception
32. A Drink
33. Honey Moon
34. Back To Routine
35. Traitor
36. Executing Plan
37. More Like Home
38. An Offer
39. Shawn's Annual Business Gala
40. Son In-Law Home Coming
41. First Breakfast
42. Doomed Celebration (l)
43. Doomed Celebration (ll)
44. The Moment Of Truth
45. The Moment Of Realization
46. The Moment Of Helplessness
47. Den Of Dragon
48. A Story Untold
49. Eyes On You
50. Goodbye
51. Knocking Some Sense
52. Regret
53. Moving Forward
54. Self Crises
55. Repentance
56. Perfect Face
57. Kindness Isn't Dead
58. Doomed From The Start
59. Map Of Life
60. Inauguration (D-day)-I
61. Inauguration (D-day) II
62. Crumbs Of Past-I
63. Crumbs Of The Past II
64. Aftermath
65. Normal Family Dinner
66. Life Goes On
67. Broken
68. A Chance
69. Love Me Again
70. Epilogue
71. Special Episode (Namjin)
Yoonmin SpinOff Announcement
New Book Release

23. First Day In Office

961 57 28
By amy_149

Kim Taehyung

I looked at him, while fixing his tie. Now, this has been our daily practice. I help him getting ready in the morning. Within a month we have become so close as if we were together from years. I didn't notice that my hands were shaking a bit until he held on to them.

"Taehyung are you okay?"

"I am nervous hyung...." I said, that was true although I made it fair and square through my interview but I did not want to disappoint him.

"I'll be there and I know you got this and I bet you will make all of them impressed with your hidden potential. You just need to believe in yourself  Tae. All that happened was in past. Today is the new and new beginning. Just don't think about it too much." he said pecking my forehead.

"Thankyou Hyung for the pep talk I really needed it. Can you wait for me I need to change?" I said stepping back.

"Yeah go on, I am waiting." he smirked.

"Outside hyung. Can you wait outside?" I chuckled.

"I was kidding, I'll be waiting outside." he smiled shutting the door behind him.

I waited for his steps to go away, "Hello." I said.

"How are you Taehyung?" the voice from other side said.

-------------------------------------------------

"You are appointed as Junior Business Data Analyst, in Data Analysis Department which is on the same floor but in opposite wing. If you want then I can manage a cabin for you at my side of the wing?" Jungkook questioned looking at me as we reached his office.

"No hyung, I don't want any special favours, I'll be okay working in my department and with my other fellows." I smiled, I really wanted it to be a normal experience for me.

"That's good then. If you want any help or miss me, you know where to find me." He smirked and I hit his chest, "Hyung...." he kissed me before I could protest more.

The door got opened without a knock and I immediately stepped back and Jungkook tsked, "Oh woahhh..... My eyes, my eyes.... What in the name of Lord was happening here early morning." Hyunjin barged in.

I liked the guy, he was always energetic and I guess he is Jungkook's biggest support system, now given that I'll replace him soon. I didn't mean it in a negativity way. I smiled at my thoughts.

"Hyunjin, now onwards make habit to knock." Jungkook glared in his direction.

"Yeah sure, we are getting late for sight seeing Jungkook, we must leave now."

"Hyunjin ask someone from Taehyung's department to escort him there. Then we will leave." Jungkook smiled at me.

"I did already. One of their representatives will be here shortly now let's go."

Jungkook and Hyunjin left immediately. I looked around his huge office. Rich people have such a luxurious work places. They don't have to sweat whole day in the sun just to put enough bread on their tables in the dinner.

They don't have to stress on how they are going to manage their kids school and health. They don't know the struggles of a poor man like me. What have I endured to get myself to stand here in a office like this; where if you walk with white socks, there will be speck of dust on them.

The things I have suffered in my childhood to have a bare minimum. Whether it was love, emotions or education. I have struggled hard to get those, which privileged people think as basics of life.

I have seen the panic in eyes when someone fell ill and think of it as a extra expenditure, when they can't afford dinner one time. I've seen how hard it is to fight illness in poverty, that if someone give an illusional escape, it would feel like reality and you'll grab it instantly. Without thinking of the consequences.

I wandered around Jungkook's table made up of some high quality Mahogany Wood, where various documents were displayed around. I went through them lazily. Sure, he had alot on his plate. No wonder he comes home so tired. Well, not anymore or well not soon anymore. I smiled played across on my lips as some thoughts wandered around in my brain.

Until I heard a knock on door, I hurriedly stepped away from the table, the door opened followed by revealing a gorgeous young girl, "Goodmorning, Are you Mr. Kim Taehyung?" she asked.

"Goodmorning, Yes, I am."

"Well Hi, I am Seo Yuna, your fellow co-worker from Management Department. I am here to escort you." She smiled offering her hand.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you Ms. Seo." I said shaking her hand.

"Please call me Yuna." "Sure, you can call be Taehyung too"

"So, do you have any prior experience as a business analyst?" she asked leading the way.

"No, I don't, this is my first job after completing my degree." she turned to me with furrowed eyebrows and then smiled.

"So first lesson is Taehyung, never say that you have no idea about anything, especially to your co-workers." She chuckled.

"Isn't this wrong. I mean like that I'll be giving them false impression."

"Taehyung we need to do that in order to keep our image strong. Well, I assume you need alot of learning."

She introduced to me to everyone, I came to know she was senior data analyst and I was supposed to work with her. That was a relief, she seem kind. She said that she will guide me after my meeting with the head of department. I knocked at the door and heard a faint come in.

"Mr. Kim Taehyung is it?" the person smiled.

"Yes, sir."

"Have a seat. I am Jung Hoseok. I have read your resume. It was quiet impressive, although you have no previous experience but your grades and especially your research project."

"I am glad sir."

"I also know that you are here though CEO's reference but let me tell you one thing Mr. Kim, in my department you will not get by any references. You will be judged through your hardwork and commitment." he smirked.

"Yes sir, I understand."

"One more thing, we only refer sir to Mr. Jeon Jungkook or Jeon Jayhun here, you can address me as Mr. Jung." he said in a firm voice."

"Noted Mr. Jung."

"You can go now, Ms. Seo will guide you with your tasks and to do list. I hope you will perform your duty well for which you are here, Mr. Kim."

"I will Mr. Jung."

I bowed a little and moved towards the door. I looked back at him, he was staring into the screen and I left his cabin.

-----------------------------------------------------

"You are not free yet." I huffed looking at him, his eyes fixed on laptop screen.

"No, no yet. How was your day?" He was still looking at his laptop. I hate it low key. I am used to of his attention and right now I need it and I get what I want.

I moved behind his chair with slow steps, "It was good. Can I help you with something."

"Thankyou Taehyung, but these are shares records which I need to check on my own."

"Oh alright then...." I placed my hands on his shoulders and started massaging them gently.

"What are you doing Tae, you should take some rest." he said.

"Well, I am resting. I can't see you like this tired always." I tried to sound as pouted as I could.

"So you decided to work your magic on me?" he chuckled typing into the screen.

"Yes, how was your site visit?" I asked.

"It was good, the construction is taking place smoothly. I owe you a big one on this Taehyung. If it wasn't for your advice then this deal would be gone."

"You are giving me too much credit. I know you would've figured out something to get it. So, why is it so important for you." I asked.

"You know, I am not permanent on this post, one mistake and the board directors will vote me out. I have to prove myself Taehyung, in order to claim it." he said.

"I can understand hyung, otherwise your brother will get it right." he stopped typing in to the screen and released a long breath. I immediately regreted that I might have said something wrong.

"No, he is not interested. This company is so important to my father and I don't want to let him down."

"Hmm.... I believe in you Hyung...."

"Mhhhmmmm Tae..... It's too good but you are distracting me..." he said gently.

"Okay now I distract you, that's nice." I withdrew my hands.

"No Taehyung, come here." he pulled into his lap caressing my cheek. "You are not. I want to give you all my attention." he held my hand and kissed its back.

"Then I'll wait here till you finish and we will go home together."

"Taehyung you must be tired, I don't want you stay uneasy because of me."

"I am not uneasy knowing that you are here too." I stole a peck from his cheek.

"Okay.... If you want to then be my guest. After that how about dinner at a nice place."

"Any place with you is nice for me hyung." I smiled.

"Tae.... With each passing day you make me fall....." he stopped.

"What? I what?" he chuckled scratching his forehead.

"I'll tell you soon." he smiled and I didn't push the matter further.

-------------------------------------

Jung Hoseok made an entry ✨💫💕

Love from my side 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 15.7K 29
Where a cute prince does everything possible to win the heart of his cold bodyguard. "So ,hyungie , Will you have to do anything I command ?",the pri...
29.2K 3.5K 32
~~ I wanted to be the drizzle that brings life to your world. Not the deluge that would wash away your happiness. ~~ A story where an innocent and so...
141K 7.5K 35
Taehyung moves to a new city with his father. There he meets and befriends Jimin. They both become so comfortable with one another and wish to be tog...
523K 32.2K 105
This is a Taekook Fanfiction. _____ Is it possible to get homesick for people too? Because that is exactly how it feels to both of them. The feeli...