๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐‹๐„๐“๐“๐„๐‘๐’|| wtm...

By Odile_theblackswan

๐„๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š ๐€๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐ž ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค. ๐€ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ค๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐›๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๏ฟฝ... More

Aurthors note
Love Letters
ACT ONE
1.0 Visitors at Breakfast
1.1 Vistors at Breakfast pt 2
1.2 Aunt Marge
1.3 The Leaky Cauldron
1.4 Platform 9 3/4
1.5 Common rooms
1.6 Omens of Death and Hippogriffs
1.7 The Biggest Fear
1.8 Neville and Alice have a moment
1.9 Fat Lady gets attacked
1.10 The Quidditch Match๏ฟผ
1.11 Information Uncovered
1.12 The Black Break in
1.13 The Prisoner, Werewolf, and Seven Teens
ACT TWO
New Guests
2.0 Down the Rabbit Hole
2.1 "๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜Œ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜š๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ!"
Lots of incorrect quotes-not chapter
2.2 The Red Queen
2.3 Hatter
2.3- The walk
2.4- Meeting the Caterpillar
2.5- Break
Short snippits because i can
2.6- A Failed Rescue Mission
2.7- "All the Best People Are"
2.8- This Place Isn't a Dream
๐˜๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ
2.9- The Final Battle
Calm before the storm
ACT THREE
Not a chapter
3.1~Reunited
3.2~The Dark Mark
3.3~ Back to Hogwarts
3.4~ Three Schools, One Winner
3.6~ Blazers, Threats, and Dragons Delight
3.7~ The first task
3.8~ Castor
3.9~ "Gorgeous"

3.5~ No funerals

1.1K 32 184
By Odile_theblackswan

unedited
8.7k
STREAM SPEAK NOW TV
crying over timeless from the vault
the poetry of pain just leaped out of me in some parts, maybe I'll write a poem later...?

TW: self harm read with caution once it talks about alice leaving the hall and then also later on once it talks about panic attacks.

Honestly this whole chapter got pretty dark really fast. So just read with caution and don't trigger yourself (really ironic coming from me)

VOTE IT AINT THAT HARD PEOPLE

CHAPTER FIVE
N O F U N E R A L S

THE BACK HALLS OF HOGWARTS WERE PRACTICALLY DESERTED. Students had already ran by, taking the faster and main corridors in order to get closer to see the Goblet of Fire in person. Alice simply rolled her eyes at the by-passers that ran so heavily that it sounded like elephants trampling their feet around. "You shouldn't roll your eyes at people that run in halls," Cooper noted, glancing down at her. His eyes traced invisible purple crescent moons that he knew basked under her eyes. "You run in the halls all the time, it would be unfair."

The blonde girl let her blue eyes meet the ceiling and both corners of her eyes once again just for the simple effect that it would annoy him. "I don't sound like a dinosaur on a hunt for a meal, and life isn't fair Potter. The quicker you learn, the easier it is to accept your fate."

"That got dark quick," Remus commented, munching a piece of chocolate off a bar.

Always the pessimist, never once seeing the possibilities of sunlight at the end of the stars. Alice would never once look at the bright side because in her words; "that would mean something worse could happen when i least expect it. if i expect the worst, then it'll hurt less when it happens". Yet, every time she was stabbed in the back by the world, it would only bleed more. The blood of lies and treachery dripping down the wound. Tears would be choked on and the tightness in her lungs wouldn't stop until she forced her way through the tragedies and suffocated herself to feel something— anything, other than the constant pounding of her dying heart.

Sirius blinked in confusion. "What kind of poetry class is this?"

A slap to his chest belonged to Lily, "Shut up, it was beautiful."

"I would like to think that life can be fair."

"I love you so much" Lily sighed, her boys were so kind and selfless. Cooper melted at her words, trying not to cry when she hugged him tightly.

His words were quietly spoken and then immediately wanting to be taken back. Cooper ignored her sharp gaze on the side of his face. She could read his emotions any moment, all she had to do was get one look at his body motions. Alice had once said that being left had caused her to grow up quicker and adapt to become the best. It was the latter of the bunch that made him the most concerned. He had watched her lie and mold herself into whatever shape somebody wanted her to fit into. The girl was like water, constantly moving and shifting, never settling down for anything despite their love for it. Cooper was afraid that she would leave him behind one day, either in death or flight, he didn't know which would hurt more.

"Why are they so poetic about each other!?" Barty complained, "They're fourteen!"

Alice's words were harsh when they came out, but unlike him, she had no regrets for what she was about to say. "If life was fair, we would still have parents and Albus Dumbledore would be dead."

Sabrina stifled a laugh, other people looking mildly concerned at the girl that was only fourteen when she said that.

"It only gets darker from here," Neville commented to those who stared.

He opened his mouth twice but no words came out. Her words had cut deep into his chest, revealing the bitter truth that he liked to hide away from. Cooper Potter was more forgotten than his twin. Why would he be remembered? He wasn't the one that had "saved" the whole Wizarding World. He didn't have millions of books written on him and a scar that sat like a lightning bolt in between his eyes. The older Potter might have had more stories on him if the world had known the truth of what occurred that night. But there was no truth there in his green eyes that were only a few shades brighter than his mother's, a few shades different than his twin's. There was only pity and silence that lingered in the folds of the forest greens, invisible trees and flowers blooming wherever his gaze fell— the current moment, that gaze falling on the petite girl in from of him whose blue and blonde hair caught the candle light whenever she went.

Harry turned to face his brother with a grin. "You want my title, bro?"

"Nah I'm good, bro." Cooper replied with a smirk.

"You sure?"

The rest of their walk to the Great Hall was filled with awkward silence, the only sound being the clicking of Alice's red bottom heels. Both Slytherin's didn't know how to be the first one to speak, it was a toxic trait that the two both constantly pursued. Communication was hard, how could it be when no one taught you how to deal with the strong feelings life throws at you.

Inside the Hall, breakfast filled the tables but not many were sitting down and eating with their friends. A large circle that oddly seemed to be the same consistency of chalk surrounded a giant golden goblet. It had been placed where the sorting hat would have been, being much more shiny than the old, dusty hat. Alice had practically cried when it was placed on her head for the first time.

Harry's eyes rolled at her dramatics.

She swore like a sailor in her mind when it was placed onto her perfectly waved blonde hair. That meant that the first thing the hat heard when it was on her was- 'If I actually get lice from his shitty, dusty old hat that must be older than Morgana herself. Then I'm going to murder that old, ass wizard in cold blood, I bet my dagger would look mighty fine in his throat.'

"Okay," Will clapped his hands, blinking aggressively. "Alice, I'm bringing you to the mental hospital. You already skipped out of all the mental checks."

She whined, clawing her way closer to the couch.

No wonder she was placed into Slytherin, already practicing murder details before she was even placed into a house. Alastor, the ugly hat, wasn't too pleased with her words and quite quickly sent her to Slytherin like it was the only place she could go. Alice still flipped off the hat every time it was revealed at the beginning of the year. Her Spanish speaking best friend would laugh gracefully at the girl every time her manicured middle finger with the same gold rings would raise and leave the others behind.

Alice stopped at the Slytherin table to make herself a cup of tea, this morning it happened to be a simple black caffeinated bag. Her taller guard dog leaving her with Sabrina, and with one last glance of approval he joined his brother at the edge of the circle. That meant he didn't see Sabrina's wide eyes that pointed lasers into his back as he left. Cooper didn't see how the black haired girl clung to the blonde's shoulder and whispered things into her pink turning ears. How Alice turned a shade of pink that could rival Ginny's hair.

Cooper smirked and Alice flipped him off, her face buried in the cushion.

Ron Weasley was in the middle of asking a younger Hufflepuff if anyone had put their names in yet when Cooper nudged Harry's shoulder.

"Hey"

"Hey"

The two dryly said to one another, not bothering to have any amusement so early in the morning.

"All the Durmstrang lot," the Hufflepuff girl replied. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed," said Harry. "I would've if it had been me . . . wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?"

Cooper laughed along with someone behind him, his twin had some of the most outrageous ideas. Yet, when the two Potter's turned they realized that the other person laughing was Lee Jordan and he was chuckling at the Weasley twins hurrying down a staircase.

The red heads carried two excitement filled grins past the Slytherin table, which held an unamused Sabrina and Alice.

. "Done it," Fred said in a triumphant whisper to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Just taken it."

"What?" said Ron.

"The Aging Potion, dung brains," Fred slapped the side of his younger brother's head.

"One drop each," said George, rubbing his hands together with glee. "We only need to be a few months older."

"We're going to split the thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins," said Lee, grinning broadly.

"It's not going to work," Hermione spoke in a sing-songy voice, looking back down at her book when Fred turned her way.

Alice watched as Fred leaned on the bench that Hermione sat, rolling his eyes at her as she told them all about how Dumbledore would have thought of an aging potion because he's such a great man.

Slowly, the Black girl glided towards Ginny, coming up behind her to place her head on the shoulder of the girl. The Weasley had a large growth spurt over the summer that left her at 5'6 much to everyone's dismay. Alice only stood at 5'1 without her heels on, luckily her heels brought her up by at least three inches every day. The freckled girl copied Alice, leaning her head on top of the blonde's, both of them watching through amused eyes at Ginny's brothers drank the potion that definitely wasn't going to work.

"I'm 5'8 now!" The Weasley girl happily declared.

"I'm tall too!" Alice huffed.

"Without heels how tall are you?"

"5'3 and half an inch, thank you very much!"

Author cutely realizes that British people dont do american things like this. Have fun trying to switch it cause idk how.

At first, the twins were able to pop into the circle easily, both of them letting out a cheer and then dropping a slip of paper with their names on it into the flaming cup. But then there was a loud sizzling pop, and both twins were flown out of the white circle by an invisible force. Their landing was hard onto the floor and Alice winced when she heard a bang to George's wrist. The two sprouted long, white beards that matched Dumbledore's almost exactly.

"I did warn you," said a deep, amused voice, and everyone turned to see Professor Dumbledore coming out of the Great Hall.

A scowl immediately placed itself onto Alice's face as she watched a man that she despised gleam. Out of her peripheral vision, the girl could see Cooper's head turn to hers in a way that said don't do anything rude. She was rather known for her hatred of the man, Dumbledore had never said or acted on her feelings but rather ignored the fact.

He surveyed Fred and George, his eyes twinkling. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours." 

The aging man turned to face Ginny and Alice, who were practically in each others arms. "Miss Black, I presume you are aware that you have detention this week, just like all the others that you find yourself into because of your lack of understanding of Hogwart's dress code."

Flashing a fake smile that would cut through glass, she spoke through her straight teeth. "As always, I am aware."

"Ah, splendid. Well then, I'll have it known that Professor Moody will be seeing to your detention. It will be precisely at 4 o'clock, just for you to make it in time for dinner."

Her eyes flashed silver for a moment in anger, she watched Dumbledore take a step back. His body language told her that he was focused on something from the past, a distance memory that might be belonging to her father or Uncle Sirius she presumed. "Because I wouldn't want to be late to an event that reveals the tragedies about to occur." 

James pointed at the screen, tugging on Sirius's shoulder. "It's the Black glare!"

The hall was rather silent, eyes bouncing between the white haired headmaster and the blonde girl. Harry's eyes were wide as he pulled on Cooper's shirt. "Go control her!" He hissed between his teeth.

"Offended Hair, I'm really offended."

The older twin scoffed but still hurried to pull back the girl. He brushed her shoulder with his light fingertips, a kiss of a touch. She spun around harshly to meet his eyes, the angry star filled gaze didn't soften as their communication between their eyes drew on. With one final raise of his eyebrows, Alice huffed and turned quickly. 

"I will be in detention, fighting against invisible forces with your pirate teacher." Her voice scoffed before she flicked her hair over a shoulder, sending a wave of blue and blonde behind her back. Then she stomped off, ignoring Neville's voice when he tried to call after her.

The day went by quickly for Alice, her anger still buzzing within her brain. She was about an inch away from stabbing a quill through her hand earlier until William stopped her by snatching it out of her grasp. The girl thought her troubles with her brain would have been over once she accepted that Wonderland wasn't a dream and rather another place within her mind. But there was a reason that the creatures of Wonderland called it the Underland. They were constantly screaming against her skull, scratching, and clawing to get of out her brain. The only way she had learned to get rid of it was through her pain, and lucky her, it couldn't be just pinching herself. No, it wanted her blood to be spilt. The haunting voices that screeched like death wanted the sticky, warm, scarlet blood that ran through her winding veins. 

"Black family madness, am I right!" Alice tried to cheer but it fell to empty grasps. Only Bellatrix gave her a high five back. Those two were a different kind of nuts. Too bad future Bella wasn't this cool.

So far; she had only stabbed herself with her own dagger five times, sliced over her palm too many to count, and drank enough alcohol to kill a child.

Alice looked very uncomfortable, Cooper's hand squeezed her own tightly. He offered the support she needed.

That wasn't even counting the amount of cigarettes entering her lungs. She went through a pack in less than a week, meaning that she had become a fan favorite of some older students who liked to deal under the table muggle things. It just happened to be that they constantly had packs of cigarettes lying around for trade.

Alice had read her dad's journals constantly,  searching and scanning for answers in every line for some kind of sign on the mental illnesses that plagued her. She had heard the tales and overheard voices. The Black family had a history of going mad, it most likely had to do with the constant inbreeding of families. At first, Alice thought that she had been skipped over in the madness, especially during her third year when she saw her Uncle's madness first hand. But now, after everything that went down in her own mind back in June. She wasn't sure that it had skipped over her.

"All the Blacks go mad" Bella whispered to herself.

Now, the girl sat in the back of the DADA classroom waiting for her detention professor to show up and force her to do something terrible. Her heels were crossed at the ankle on top of the old wooden desk. Her left hand held one of her father's many journals, this one dating to around his fifth year at Hogwarts. It was a fine leather, spellbound book that would only open when her blood was spilt onto it. A simple metal prick on the lock made it simple to access.

"Dramatic much?" Sirius piped up.

His brother scoffed, "Coming from you?"

The door swung open and in limped a one eyed man. His magical eye swiveled to the book in Alice's hand. "What are you reading, girl?" He said in the same growly way that he always talked.

"It's a journal," she snapped it shut, twisting the lock before her hand slid it back into her bag. Her pale legs swung off the table, heels thudding onto the stone floor. "What am I doing today?"

Moody ignored her, his eye still on the journal within the bag. "Whose journal does that belong to, eh?"

Alice's eyes narrowed, "Someone's, now, I'm here for detention so put me to work."

His shaking hands ran over the edge of his teacher's desk. Slowly, he sunk into the chair, turning to face her with a blank expression. "You'll be cleaning out these cabinets. They're full of old textbooks that are outdated and not allowed to be used anymore."

A silence fell over the two as Alice moved around, picking up heavy, thick covered text books and then moving them to the back tables. She coughed as a pile of dust surrounded her, coating her white button down with grey flicks. "So, why are these textbooks banned?"

"Dark magic spells that were used in the past war," he stated blankly, not bothering to hide the truth from the girl. "Ministry doesn't want to be teaching possible future death eaters how to do dark spells."

Alice slowed down in her acts of lifting a book out of the cabinet. "Did you fight many death eaters? I heard that you used to be head auror." Her words fell to dead ears for a moment and she fully expected him to not give her an answer. "Never mind-"

"—I've seen more death eaters dead than alive. Evan Rosier, a Slytherin Death Eater, took my eye in one battle. His partner was none other than Regulus Black, a famous death eater himself." There came back the anger from the trenches that it had retreated to. "I killed Rosier myself in battle, along with almost fifty others."

Evan sucked in a breath, people around him scooting a different way. Barty's hands were in tight fists, the youngest Black's being the same.

The man's eyes seemed far off, meaning that for once he wasn't staring down Alice. Which, at the moment was a very good thing because her wand was clutched tightly and she was staring down him instead. Her father's journals that she had only went up to his sixth year but she had read them enough times to know what had been going on in the past. Blue eyes matching the blue streaks folded into the blonde strands followed the movement of Moody's body. They scanned for any sign that would tell her more of his feelings. Alice watched, narrowing her eyes when it was revealed that he was more so in remembrance than anger of the past. The only thing that could be reliable for his story would be the vengeance and want for revenge that his eye shone.

He turned back to her but she had busied herself into the books, moving them around. "Tell me about your family, Black. A death eater dad, and an unknown woman."

Alice thought through her chances, this man was either an old enemy or an old fake. Either one wasn't the best option but she figured that he couldn't do much if she just gave the basics. "My father died before I was born." She started, glancing up to see that her soft voice had captured his attention. "I was raised by my mother in my home country France. She went to Beauxbatons and met my father one summer when they were young teenagers. They fell in love so to speak, exchanged letters during their school years and saw each other during the summer. One thing led to another and boom!" A book slammed onto the table as she dropped it on purpose. Her face was rock solid as it stared down the auror. "A baby was beginning to be made in my momma's stomach. Do I need to explain how that occurred too? It doesn't look like you would have ever gotten the chance to try,"

Hermione seemed to be scandalized but also very proud at younger Alices' words.

"That would be enough Black." He said through gritted teeth, sparking a smirk onto her face. "You were hidden from the world for so long that it would only be one's imagination to wonder how no one ever found you."

Alice tried really hard, she swore she did, to not roll her eyes for the millionth time. "We are magic, are we not? Spells and magic covered up my tracks, leaving me with only an empty name and face."

Moody stood up out of his chair with a groan. "What are you expecting out of the Tournament that begins tonight, Miss Black?"

Alice stood up from her crouched position on the floor. She brushed off dust from her black skirt that was probably part of her dress code detention. "What is there to expect? The tournament was banned for a reason. Death and destruction follow the fire that lingers in the goblet, not to mention the Potter's jinxed luck." She murmured the last part, knowing that Moody's olding ears wouldn't be able to hear the words.

"Would you enter if you were old enough?" Moody suddenly asked.

The room turned cold with questions. Would she? Alice wondered, a in less than a minute she knew. "No, I wouldn't. I have a streak of death that seems to always linger a few steps behind me. I'd rather not give it an open shot."

He voiced turned to a mocking tone that made the bubbling anger boil. "You don't want a nice funeral with millions of flowers surrounding a child sized grave?"

"No funerals," Alice interjected. "I won't ever have one. They're a waste."

"No funerals but plenty of mourners" she murmured.

"You have friends, don't you? That Parkinson girl and Potter number two? You would have people to mourn you rightfully."

"Just because you could have a mourner, doesn't mean you need an event for a reason to cry." She spoke in a firm tone, leaving no room for him to question her words.

Moody whistled a tune while she finished up the last of the text books. She glanced at the clock, noticing how she still have almost half an hour of her daily detention. Her body slid on top of a desk, staring down the professor who just stared back. "Why do you so strongly dislike me, Miss Black?" He finally spoke, his body language disappearing and leaving just a blanket of confusion in her wake.

The witch's eye twitched, "I don't like many people, don't count yourself lucky by being one."

"That is only a riddle,"

Alice scoffed, "Riddles are everywhere and also nowhere. You fought in a war and could have seen them in the highest places if you truly looked hard enough." She leaned closer to the man despite the ten feet between the two. "You are simply another tool of Albus Dumbledore: a man that uses children to win and doesn't bother to think about anyone besides himself. Anyone that blindly follows another person with enough power to take over doesn't have much any respect in my books."

Moody seemed to think about his next words carefully, a sense of surprise in his brow line. "You say that, and yet your dear father blindly followed a man that almost ended all of the wizarding world."

Alice jumped off the desk, her hands in tight fist. The pointy false nails colored silver and green began to bleed into her skin. "Keep my father's name out of your mouth. You. Know. Nothing." Her finger pointed in his direction, blood soaking the tips of her nails. Anger washed away any emotions she was able to hide. Alice's anger was like a boiling pot of water; it would just keep slowly bubbling until it overspilled and burned everything in its path.

She turned quickly on her heel, slamming the door and running down the halls. Alice didn't know where to go, she was confused and worked up. The walls seemed to be caving in and she just pulled on the first door she saw. Her knees hit the ground hard enough to clang out, she huddled into a corner, wincing so harshly when a broom fell that more followed in its footsteps. Quick breaths escaped her mouth, a heavy hand pressed against her hummingbird heart but it wouldn't slow down.

"Must we always watch my sucky life?" Alice moaned, "Why do we have to watch my younger self falling to shambles, what good is this doing for the future?"

Panic attack. Two words that she hated. They were quite common when she was younger. The small seven year old would wake up in tears, twisting in her suffocating blankets. She would hyperventilate, her small body racking with dry sobs. Losing the only person you had ever known messes up a young child.

Whispers of terror and pain mingled in her mind. They demanded to be set free, to be let out of the space they hated to be trapped in. They wanted to claw her back into her mind to a different universe that was created due to her fucked up mind.

Alice wanted it all to stop. The tournament, the lack of family, the whispers that she heard surround her ever since the Deatheaters appeared. How she was not in control of the one thing that was fully her own. Her brilliant mind that was twisting itself into something that it once wasn't.

Her knees hit her chin hard, a cry of pain joining the chorus of voices. Alice tucked herself tighter, rocking back and forth. Quiet whispers fell from her mouth.

"I'm going mad, I'm going mad, I'm going ma-"

It was a continuous cycle, she didn't know how to stop it. With a hand that was vibrating with anxiety, she reached into her jacket pocket. Out she pulled a beautiful dagger. It had a gold handle with white flowers hand painted over the whole thing. Her shaky hand brought it closer to her hand. Not her wrists.

Alice knew that what she was doing was wrong. She knew. The girl had watched older girls at Mrs. V's come back from the bathroom with dripping cuts and lines of barcodes. Alice didn't want to turn into that kind of person. It would prove that she really did need the help that she refused. So, she stuck to slicing her palm. The lack of flesh brought the pain she needed to escape her mind, and it was quick enough to heal with a simple wave of her wand. Most of the time that was. Her magic seemed to match the anger of the voices. It would spark out uncontrollably, and then she was young with accidental magic going bonkers again.

Her dagger sliced the palm, scarlet blood rushing out of the fresh cut. Slight scars from the previous cuts gave her an exact guideline for where to slice. They would always be there, lingering like a haunted tattoo kiss. Perhaps one day she would cover her scars with tattoos. Maybe one day she would find out how to ask for help. But today wasn't that day.

A hiss of pain came along with the cut but in an instant, Alice's mind cleared like someone was just sucking up all of the fog. She breathed out in relief, a sad smile graced the corners of her lips. The dirty floor and Alice sat together for only a few more minutes before she stood up on shaky legs. Her brain tried to remember all of what happened but it simply couldn't. She remembered cutting her palm and simply appearing in a broom closet. So what happened.....?

Pitiful glances and looks were shining down on her but she wanted none of it. Alice ignored Neville's burning gaze. She pretended that her friends weren't all staring her down with looks of disappointment.

Rushing out of the broom closet, Alice somehow forgot that she was most definitely disheveled. Her hair was ragged and puffy red stained her eyes. Not to mention the forgotten cut that had only gained infection due to the dust and dirt. She dragged herself to the second floor bathroom, proud of herself for remembering the spot.

An unknown reflection stared back at her. Alice looked...broken. Her face was stained with tears, blotchy red marks across her face. Lips were chapped and bleeding from her biting down on them while slicing her palm open. She had gone too far and didn't know how to return. It felt like she was drowning, losing control of the tides that she once would possess like playing with a puppet. But the waves had turned on her, they crashed down at every opportunity. They wanted her gone. And in a way, Alice wanted herself gone too.

It didn't take long for Alice to pull a mask overtop of the broken girl standing in the mirror. She fixed her hair so it fell down in non frizzy waves again, covered up her mistakes with concealer and foundation. A final flick of mascara left her facing the mirror all alone, for Myrtle had left as soon as Alice went in (the two had a disagreement in her second year that left the ghost afraid of her). She plastered a fake smile on her face, dropping it quickly to scowl at her reflection.

She walked out of the bathroom quickly, acting like the reflection would show her the one thing she didn't want to see, the truth. It reminded her of when she was dragged to a random room in the middle of her first year by Cooper. Back when her baby teeth were still missing and she had short hair because the long length made her mad one random night so she cut it very roughly.

He had pushed her in front of the mirror and watched her gasp. It front of her eyes were her parents, she had only ever seen pictures of her dad and there he was. Regulus Black stood with dark curls and silvery blue eyes that matched her own. His arm was wrapped around her mom, whose smile was warm, and the most comforting feeling filled her skin. The girl walked forward until she touched the mirror, her dad's hand in the same place as her own. Tears threatened to fall but she flinched back, not offering any explanation before running back to their room and silently crying herself to sleep.

The sparkly sliver fairy hair strands caught the light's attention as she walked into the Great Hall. She made her way to the Ravenclaw table, noticing that all the French visiting students were already sitting there. Astrid was mid conversation with Fleur and some brown haired girl when Alice sprung onto her. The blonde spun the seventeen year old around, placing her hands on her silk covered shoulders.

"Did you put your name in?" Alice's voice was tense and her hands were pressing down hard. She couldn't loose Astrid too.

Astrid nodded at her friends before shifted all her attention to her younger sister in everything but blood. "Alice, your hands are shaking. Are you okay?"

"Yes, no— I'm fine! Did you put your name in, Astrid!?"

The red haired girl tilted her head like a puppy. "I didn't put my name in, Al." She slowly wrapped her hands around Alice's wrists and moved them aside. "Are you sure you're fine? I heard that something happened this morning. Did something else happened in your detention?"

Alice shook her head too quickly. She was caught. "No, nothing. I'm fine, just needed to ask you." Her hands tried to make their way into her pockets, still shaking violently, but Astrid caught sight of her right palm.

"Is that blood!?" Her voice went high in worry, wide eyes occupied her with a worry filled gaze.

The blonde's brain short stopped for a moment. "Shit" she muttered, "I need to go to my table, bye."

"Estella!" Astrid called out in anger.

Apparently, with all the events her day had brought, Alice forgot that it was Halloween. The day of the Potter's parents death. Shit.

James blinked, "I died on Halloween of all days? That isn't a very nice treat."

Alice ran over to her table, slamming her legs over the wooden bench. She practically threw herself at Cooper, who had been mid conversation...she needs to work on interrupting by accident. He immediately turned to face her, concern written across all of his newly sharper features. She didn't move, her arms slung tightly around his shoulders, right hand in a fist to hide the cut. Her face was buried into his shoulder, embracing the comfort that he gave off.

Cooper sighed as she hugged him, the worry was still there but at least she was making contact with him. "What's wrong?" He murmured into her ear.

"Nothing, you okay with today?" She whispered back, trying to ignore the stares coming from around them.

He almost wanted to laugh, always looking out for others but never herself. "I never knew them, Al. I forgot until you told me. So, are you going to tell me what is actually wrong?"

Cooper pealed her off of him, staring at her makeup covered face. It wasn't messy or thick, but he could always tell when something was wrong. His gaze snapped to her hands and she stuffed them into her pockets quick enough so no one could see.

Everyone else was already laughing and eating, taking advantage of the extravagant feast for the second day in a row. So, now it was only him and her. And William and Sabrina across from them who were exchanging annoyed looks at the two, but they don't matter.

"Just had a lovely detention time, I hate him so much for not a lot of reason." She stabbed a piece of chicken hard with her fork. "He kept talking about my dad. Just made me mad."

"Okay then," he said, but he kept an eye on her.

The feast drew on slowly and by the time Dumbledore stood, Alice let out a sigh of relief. She was ready to get back to her dorm and fall into a coma of sleep. Golden plates were cleaned by a wave of magic, impressing the youngest kids around.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" — he indicated the door behind the staff table — "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

Alice glanced across her table to where Luna sat alone. The platinum blonde met her eyes, one pair being hard while the other was glazed over in a future like sense. A vision. Alice came to the result. Luna glanced around the hall before her eyes landed on the cup and narrowed. This wasn't about to be good.

Red flames shot out of the cup and spark flew. Loud exclamation came from all the tables as a piece of paper floated into the hand of Dumbledore.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum."

Cheers and clapping came from everywhere, there was no surprise about the choice. Viktor was always going to be the champion for his school no matter what.

Only minutes after Viktor left did another shoot up. It once again fell into the hand of their headmaster. "The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!"

Alice watched Astrid grin and her friend before she ushered with a hand for the beautiful blonde to stand up and go. Some of the other Beauxbatons girls weren't too happy. As in they were sobbing in tears.

Then it was time for the Hogwarts champion. Alice held her breath, she wasn't ready for whatever torture was about to come. Why couldn't they just have one normal year?

"The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!"

No! Was the only thought in Alice's mind as he stood. Hufflepuff was cheering, along with plenty of others. But most of Slytherin that were acquaintances with Alice Black or any of her friend group were sullen. Alice wanted to bash her head into the table. She had checked on everyone else but not him, why didn't she check on the golden boy that made her feel so at home. Cedric had been so kind of her and her friends, he was like an older brother to all of them. This stung deep into their stomachs, bringing an ache that couldn't be relaxed by a simple potion or time.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as at last the tumult died down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real —"

But the flames shot up again, fire burning red before it turned blue. And down slowly fell the doom of the Potter twins. For the moment Dumbledore's mouth opened, life wouldn't be the same ever again.

"Harry and Cooper Potter."

Lily gasped, "No!"

Boom. A silence with no applause. There was no clapping or shouting, just judgment in the stares. People whispered, pointing at the two boys frozen to their seats. One had two friends glued to his sides, while the other had a blonde squeezing the life out of his hand.

Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall had got to her feet and swept past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bent his ear toward her, frowning slightly.

Both twins spoke the same words to different people. "I didn't put my name in," they said blankly. "You know I didn't."

One twin got blank stares.

The other got reassuring looks.

"Harry and Cooper Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Cooper! Up here, if you please!"

"Go on," Hermione whispered, giving Harry a slight push.

Harry stood up and began to make his way to the front, he was already halfway when he realized that Cooper wasn't beside him. No, his older twin was stuck frozen, not breathing in his seat.

But a hand took his and lifted both of them up. Alice softly dragged Cooper to the room. Her head was held high and she didn't bother to look at anyone's judging stares. "Don't look at them," she murmured to him quietly. "Don't show them the weakness they want to feast on."

Harry waited for the two Slytherin's at the door. He pushed it open for Alice, letting her drop his brother's hand and walk into the room ahead of them.

Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, and Fleur Delacour were grouped around the fire. They looked strangely impressive, silhouetted against the flames. Krum, hunched-up and brooding, was leaning against the mantelpiece, slightly apart from the other two. Cedric was standing with his hands behind his back, staring into the fire.

Fleur Delacour looked around when Harry walked in and threw back her sheet of long, silvery hair. "What is it?" she said. "Do zey want us back in ze Hall?"

Ludo entered the room quickly behind them and coughed to clear his throat. "Extraordinary!" he muttered, squeezing Harry's arm. "Absolutely extraordinary! Gentlemen . . . lady," he added, approaching the fireside and addressing the other three. "May I introduce — incredible though it may seem — the fourth and fifth Triwizard champion?"

Cedric and Viktor were in disbelief, both wearing faces of disbelief. Fleur just laughed, "Oh, vairy funny joke, Meester Bagman."

"Joke?" Bagman repeated, bewildered. "No, no, not at all! Both Potter's name just came out of the Goblet of Fire!" Krum's thick eyebrows contracted slightly. Cedric was still looking politely bewildered.

Fleur frowned. "But evidently zair 'as been a mistake," she said contemptuously to Bagman. "'E cannot compete. 'E is too young."

"Well . . . it is amazing," said Bagman, rubbing his smooth chin and smiling down at Harry. "But, as you know, the age restriction was only imposed this year as an extra safety measure. And as his name's come out of the goblet . . . I mean, I don't think there can be any ducking out at this stage. . . . It's down in the rules, you're obliged . . . they will just have to do the best they —"

Alice stepped forward threateningly, not that she look much different than a deadly kitten. The Black glare was pasted onto her face, good hand clutching her wand and dagger.

All the professors and administrators walked into the room, shutting the door harshly. "Madame Maxime!" said Fleur at once, striding over to her headmistress. "Zey are saying zat zis little boy is to compete also!"

Harry's anger bubbled at the sound of little boy, cooper's mouth opening in defense before Alice gapped his ribs.

Madame Maxime had drawn herself up to her full, and considerable, height. The top of her handsome head brushed the candle-filled chandelier, and her gigantic black-satin bosom swelled. "What is ze meaning of zis, Dumbly-dorr?" she said imperiously.

"I'd rather like to know that myself, Dumbledore," said Professor Karkaroff. He was wearing a steely smile, and his blue eyes were like chips of ice. "Three Hogwarts champions? I don't remember anyone telling me the host school is allowed two champions — or have I not read the rules carefully enough?"

He gave a short and nasty laugh. "C'est impossible," said Madame Maxime, whose enormous hand with its many superb opals was resting upon Fleur's shoulder. "'Ogwarts cannot 'ave two champions. It is most injust."

"We were under the impression that your Age Line would keep out younger contestants, Dumbledore," said Karkaroff, his steely smile still in place, though his eyes were colder than ever. "Otherwise, we would, of course, have brought along a wider selection of candidates from our own schools."

Snape stepped forward, "This is no one's fault but the Potter's determination to break all the rules possible."

Dumbledore practically ran towards both of the twins, shifted to a mood of anger. "Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire!" His voice raised high.

Cedric's arm pulled back Alice into his chest. "Don't do anything," he told her sternly.

"Mother Cedric?"

"No!" Both of them shouted.

"Did you ask an older student to put it into the Goblet of Fire for you?" said Professor Dumbledore, ignoring Snape.

"No," said Harry vehemently.

"Ah, but of course 'e is lying!" cried Madame Maxime. Snape was now shaking his head, his lip curling.

"He could not have crossed the Age Line," said Professor McGonagall sharply. "I am sure we are all agreed on that —"

"Dumbly-dorr must 'ave made a mistake wiz ze line," said Madame Maxime, shrugging.

"It is possible, of course," said Dumbledore politely.

"Albus, you know perfectly well you did not make a mistake!" said Professor McGonagall angrily. "Really, what nonsense! Harry could not have crossed the line himself, and as Professor Dumbledore believes that he did not persuade an older student to do it for him, I'm sure that should be good enough for everybody else!"

She shot a very angry look at Professor Snape. "Mr. Crouch . . . Mr. Bagman," said Karkaroff, his voice unctuous once more, "you are our — er — objective judges. Surely you will agree that this is most irregular?"

Alice watched the man rub his beard, glancing at Mr. Crouch for a moment. The older man was standing close to the fire, a skull like appearance falling off of him because of the fire's embers.

"We must follow the rules, and the rules state clearly that those people whose names come out of the Goblet of Fire are bound to compete in the tournament."

"Well, Barty knows the rule book back to front," said Bagman, beaming and turning back to Karkaroff and Madame Maxime, as though the matter was now closed.

"I insist upon resubmitting the names of the rest of my students," said Karkaroff. He had dropped his unctuous tone and his smile now. His face wore a very ugly look indeed. "You will set up the Goblet of Fire once more, and we will continue adding names until each school has two champions. It's only fair, Dumbledore."

"But Karkaroff, it doesn't work like that," said Bagman. "The Goblet of Fire's just gone out — it won't reignite until the start of the next tournament —"

"— in which Durmstrang will most certainly not be competing!" exploded Karkaroff. "After all our meetings and negotiations and compromises, I little expected something of this nature to occur! I have half a mind to leave now!"

Alice rolled her eyes at their game of who has a loud voice and dick. 'And people tell me that I have anger issues' she thought to herself, rolling her eyes when Cedric pulled her back more out of fear that she would do something irrational.

Neville's eyebrows were raised in disbelief, "Really El, the previous scenes show enough of your anger issues."

"Empty threat, Karkaroff," growled a voice from near the door. "You can't leave your champion now. He's got to compete. They've all got to compete. Binding magical contract, like Dumbledore said. Convenient, eh?" Moody had just entered the room. He limped toward the fire, and with every right step he took, there was a loud clunk.

"Not him" Alice groaned into her hands. "Can I leave?" She looked up at the pretty Hufflepuff boy.

Cedric just shoved his hand over her mouth and continued to watch the events spilling in front of them.

"Convenient?" said Karkaroff. "I'm afraid I don't understand you, Moody."

Harry could tell he was trying to sound disdainful, as though what Moody was saying was barely worth his notice, but his hands gave him away; they had balled themselves into fists.

"Don't you?" said Moody quietly. "It's very simple, Karkaroff. Someone put Potter's name in that goblet knowing he'd have to compete if it came out."

"Evidently, someone 'oo wished to give 'Ogwarts hee bites at ze apple!" said Madame Maxime.

"I quite agree, Madame Maxime," said Karkaroff, bowing to her. "I shall be lodging complaints with the Ministry of Magic and the International Confederation of Wizards —"

"If anyone's got reason to complain, it's the Potters," growled Moody, "but . . . funny thing . . . I don't hear him saying a word. . . ."

"Why should 'e complain?" burst out Fleur Delacour, stamping her foot. "'E 'as ze chance to compete, 'asn't 'e? We 'ave all been 'oping to be chosen for weeks and weeks! Ze honor for our schools! A thousand Galleons in prize money — zis is a chance many would die for!"

"Maybe someone's hoping one of the Potters is going to die for it," said Moody, with the merest trace of a growl.

An extremely tense silence followed these words. Ludo Bagman, who was looking very anxious indeed, bounced nervously up and down on his feet and said, "Moody, old man . . . what a thing to say!"

"We all know Professor Moody considers the morning wasted if he hasn't discovered six plots to murder him before lunchtime," said Karkaroff loudly. "Apparently he is now teaching his students to fear assassination too. An odd quality in a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Dumbledore, but no doubt you had your reasons."

"Imagining things, am I?" growled Moody. "Seeing things, eh? It was a skilled witch or wizard who put the boy's name in that goblet. . . ."

"Ah, what evidence is zere of zat?" said Madame Maxime, throwing up her huge hands.

"Because they hoodwinked a very powerful magical object!" said Moody. "It would have needed an exceptionally strong Confundus Charm to bamboozle that goblet into forgetting that only three schools compete in the tournament. . . . I'm guessing they submitted Potter's name under a fourth school, to make sure he was the only one in his category. . . ."

"You seem to have given this a great deal of thought, Moody," said Karkaroff coldly, "and a very ingenious theory it is — though of course, I heard you recently got it into your head that one of your birthday presents contained a cunningly disguised basilisk egg, and smashed it to pieces before realizing it was a carriage clock. So you'll understand if we don't take you entirely seriously. . . ."

That Alice agreed with, this old pirate man was the current bane of her existence. She wanted nothing more than to have him go away, him and his constant questions. He was quite odd earlier, questioning about to tournament. 

Mr. Crouch finally spoke up in a low tone that left no questions for discussion, "The Potter's will compete as a team of one, making it more even for Hogwarts to match the others. One with do the first task, the other one the second, and then the final task they will compete together as one. No further questions, other than which will do what?"

All gazes fell to the twins who were having a silent conversation between their eyes. Harry spoke up, "I'll do the first task and Cooper will do the second."

Then, everything was decided. A deadly game for 17 year olds just got two 14 year olds to sign their souls away to the devil. Alice's year just went to shit.

Once everyone else left, Dumbledore turned to face his students. "Mr. Diggory, both Mr. Potters. I suggest you go rest up." Cedric nodded, his hand pulling Alice along by the neck of her jacket. He was acting like a mother cat. "Oh, Miss. Black, I almost forgot you were here. You go rest as well. Everyone is already back in the dorms."

Then it was the walk of shame time, well in a way. Alice decided the she wasn't in any shame because she looked perfectly fine, Harry's hair could say otherwise, but anyways.

Harry and Cooper both stopped in the hall to look at Cedric. The older boy was talking to a wide awake Alice, trying to distract her from any anger regarding the situation.

"I didn't put my name in, Cedric." Harry said, his face was pitiful. He wanted someone to believe him so badly. "I promise, both of us didn't."

Cooper looked up at the boy that had grown close to him in a way. "Ced, please believe us. We don't want this."

Cedric ruffled Cooper's hair and nodded at Harry. "I believe both of you, don't worry. Try to stick together, people aren't going to be happy." Then he turned to point a finger and the blonde with a pouting lip paired with crossed arms. "Don't get into any fights, I mean it. You're already in detention enough."

Alice huffed but replied in a drawn out "fine".

Only time could tell what was about to happen to the three teenagers whose lives had intertwined each others before they were even born.

AN

This took a while ngl ;)
I feel bad for Alice but I just kept typing and here I ended up, poor girl
I was too tired to finish adding reactions if you couldn't tell. Feel free to have your own:)
U get memes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 885 77
๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ 1 ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ 2 ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง 7. โœงโ‹„โ‹†โ‹…โ‹†โ‹„โœงโ‹„โ‹†โ‹…โ‹†โ‹„โœงโ‹„โ‹†โ‹…โ‹†โ‹„โœงโ‹„โ‹†โ‹…โ‹†โ‹„โœง ยซ๐˜'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜น, ๐˜'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ...
29.7K 623 14
"๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ด, ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ." ***** ๐ŸŒธ๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฎ๐๏ฟฝ...
760K 32.6K 91
-โœผ- ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜บ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ. ...