Percy Jackson: Son of Chaos...

By KatelynnDavenport

Follow along as we see our favorite hero accused, broken, rescued and saved. He was forced to leave his home... More

The Beginning
The Palace
Heir & Commander
Camp Half-blood
Family
A Feeling
Mission
The Enemy
Prophecy
Nightmares
It's Time
The Attack
The Son of Chaos
The Reveal
Olympus
Planning
Calm Before the Storm
Ambush
Waiting
Torture
Lost
Found
Dreams & Plans
Awake
Days Following
Preparations
The Battle
Tricks of Darkness
Life or Death
The Battles End
Drained
The End
Drawing
Epilogue
Author's Note
New!!
What If Series

Meeting

1.8K 27 6
By KatelynnDavenport

To say Percy didn't get any sleep would be an understatement. He was distracted by the stars outside his window. And once he did try and sleep, it instantly led to nightmares. So, he just gave up on sleeping. He didn't want to remember his family at the moment, as bad as that sounded. The memories were just to fresh.

As the sky started brightening and the stars began to fade slightly Percy got out of bed. His closet was full of different clothing, and he realized some of the outfits were formal while others were just casual things like black jeans and random t-shirts. One that caught his eye was something that reminded him of what a trained assassin might wear but fancy. It was obviously an armor set. It was all black but had stunning accents of gold and silver throughout. It matched the crown he was supposed to wear perfectly. It also had a cloak attached to it. He groaned. 'Totally one of the pieces Chaos will make me wear.' He opted for a more casual attire with flexible black pants and shirt for his first day of training. He found himself bumping into things with his wings as he tried to get used to them. By the time Chaos knocked on his door he was comfortable enough to move easily with them.

Chaos looked over the boy as he opened the door. Noting the color under his eyes, indicating no rest was achieved.

"Good morning, Percy. How are you feeling?"

Percy looked up at the man waiting for him. "I feel okay. Ready to start training for sure."

Last night, Chaos kept Percy from the rest of the army and dining hall. He hadn't been introduced to anyone yet and he knew Percy wasn't ready for that either. This morning would be the same. Until he met Luke. "After breakfast I will introduce you to my commander and then the army. I want you to wear your mission attire and crown for the army's introduction. It will make it more formal." Smirking.

"What!? Why?! I thought you didn't like formalities!"

"That doesn't mean they are not necessary for events such as this. You are their new commander! Plus, my son! You need a proper introduction!"

Percy just sulked slightly, knowing he would have to get used to it as he followed Chaos to a small room with a kitchen where they ate dinner last night.

~

"The infirmary for the army is a floor down and my office is on the top floor. The training rooms are spread out over the palace. We have many different rooms to help with different specialties. My room is right down the hall from yours. And the only other person who stays on this floor is the commander. And you already know the lounge down the hall where our personal kitchen and dining area is in case you don't want to eat with the army in the dining hall."

Percy nodded, taking in the information as they headed towards Chaos' office. No matter where Percy turned the palace was beautiful and open with large open windows everywhere, making it feel mixed with the sky itself. He was so lost at admiring everything he didn't even realize Chaos had stopped walking. Using his wings to help stop his momentum he kept himself from running right into Chaos. If the immortal noticed he didn't react.

"Welcome to my office." Chaos said as he opened the door and stepped in.

The first thing Percy noticed was the shape of the room. It was circular, built in openings to the outside scattered around the whole room with small balconies. You could see everything from any angle. There was a fireplace centered on the back wall with a little seating section. It looked cozy yet magnificent at the same time. Chaos' desk was in the center of the room; filled with papers just like how Percy saw it yesterday in his room.

"I wanted to be able to work and still enjoy the beauty of the universe around me, so I made this room my office. No one from the army comes up here but the commander. You are free to be in here any time."

"Thank you" was all he could say as he walked around, taking in the details of the room: gold swirls filled the white marble walls, black chiffon curtains swayed slightly by the windows, silver stars glittered and moved on the ceiling.

"Do you feel ready to meet with the commander or would you like some more time?" Chaos spoke. He smiled gently at the boy when he looked at him standing there. Unsure if he was ready and not wanting to push him.

Percy's wings ruffled slightly. "Yes, I think I am ready. Plus, I want to start training with you guys so we can figure out what's going on with earth."

Chaos nodded while mind messaging Luke to come to his office ready to meet the new member of the army. "He should be here soon."

"How does he know to come?"

"I spoke to him through mind messaging. It is something you can do as well. I'll teach you later." Percy grew nervous. 'I know this person, but Chaos hasn't given me any hints. It could be anyone from the battles who might have fought on the opposite side. I guess no matter who it is I have to work with them. And if Chaos chooses to trust them then so will I.' Percy steeled his thoughts.

There was a knock at the door. Chaos held his breath as he spoke, hoping for the best. "Come in Luke."

~

Luke was just finishing up a lesson when he heard Chaos in his head. "Come to my office. I am ready to introduce you to him."

He dismissed the next group's lesson and made his way to the top floor. Growing nervous the closer he got. 'What if he doesn't like me? Who is this person? Why does Chaos seem so nervous about this? Why am I so nervous, it's just another warrior.'

Luke stood at the door for a minute gathering himself. He knocked once.

"Come in Luke."

As Luke opened the door, he first saw Chaos standing at his desk. He seemed to be holding his breath. 'Weird,' he thought. As he entered the room his attention went to the other person standing to the side. He saw the person turn and then they locked eyes.

~

'Did Percy just hear right? Luke? Could it actually be him?' Percy thought as he turned. Silence filled the space around them. Luke was frozen in place. Scared of what this person thought of him. Alarmed he was here. To say Percy was stunned was an understatement. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Luke's scar, his blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. He didn't move, frozen still.

Luke was the first to break eye contact as he looked to the ground. Ashamed of his actions taken against Percy back on earth. He caused so much pain for people... He glanced up to see Percy studying him.

"Look, Percy, I -" He didn't get to finish his sentence as Percy smashed into him.

"Luke! Oh my gods! I can't believe you are alive! I am so sorry I couldn't save you! We all miss you back home! Oh gods, it's so good to see you!" Percy spoke frantically while hugging the blonde.

"You don't blame me? For the war?" he asked while pulling away. Well, he tried to. Percy held a firm grip on his shoulders as he locked eyes with Luke. "We forgave you the moment you took the knife Luke... you are a hero. You always have been."

Luke couldn't keep the smile off his face at the crazy grin Percy had on his face.

Percy couldn't have been happier to know that Luke was here. It was someone he knew from earth. A friend. He was so relieved. That is until Luke's eyes narrowed on him, making him feel uneasy.

"Wait, why are you here? What happened? Chaos only helps people who need a second chance or are about to..." 'die' he thought. Worry filling him. Percy looked away from the blue eyes staring at him. Chaos stood back. Waiting for Percy to explain when he was ready. Staying out of the conversation as the two reacquainted themselves.

Luke took the moment to really look at Percy. He noticed how much he had grown and filled out. His black hair was as dark and messy as ever. He noticed his eyes. The richest sea green color that he had ever seen before and the way they mimicked Chaos' now. His eyes went to the wings on his back. They were magnificent. Black as night. 'Wow, Chaos really did adopt him.' He saw the way Percy held himself, he seemed confident and strong, but something was off. There were dark circles under his eyes. He looked tired and unsure. This wasn't the Percy he knew before he died or the same Percy he knew from learning about the wars on earth following Kronos. Luke had heard of the things Percy had accomplished and loved telling his army those stories.

"Percy, what happened?" Concern now growing. Luke placed a hand on Percy's shoulder gently.

"I don't want to talk about it yet... " Percy said softly. Luke could see his eyes become a little shinier as he held back tears.

"Okay that's fine." He said trying to be reassuring. It had been a long time since they had interacted. Chaos let out a loud breath, drawing both boys attention. "Okay, that went splendidly! Now, Luke. Percy is now my son. He is heir to the throne and now your co-commander of the army. You will teach him the different forms and styles of fighting. I will be teaching him as his new powers."

Percy smiled gratefully at Chaos for taking the attention off him. Luke nodded and grinned excitingly.

"Okay, off you go. Oh, and Percy, don't forget about the army introduction later."

"Yes Chaos." Percy called, following Luke out the door. Ready to explore the palace more. Chaos smiled. Happy that Luke now had a friend from earth and for Percy to become a part of the family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 264 24
After the war with Gaea, Percy has lost so much. The poor kid just needs a break. Unfortunately, he can never seem to get one. And life doesn't seem...
38.6K 746 32
!! MY PARENTS *CANNOT* READ THIS !! <><><> 🚩TW: Blood, SA, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disaste...
395K 16.8K 41
Percy Jackson never had an easy life. With a dead mother, abusive step-father and completely unhelpful schoolmates, Percy tends to find that life see...
95K 1.5K 58
Percy and Annabeth meet each other through a game called Heroes of Olympus and know each other under the alias Seaweed brain and Wise girl. When Anna...