daylight - robby keene

By maddieluvrs

IN WHICH daphne larusso crossed paths with her dads rival enemies son, will the rivalry cause them to drift o... More

daylight
introduction
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
season 2 - introduction
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
season 3 introduction
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
season 4 introduction
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
season 5 introduction
chapter 38
not an update!!!
chapter 39
chapter 40

chapter 10

1.1K 22 0
By maddieluvrs

today is the day of the all valley tournament. daphne is in her room right now. not wanting to leave and deal with everybody in a bad mood from the other night.

sam's dealing with her break up with miguel and daniel's dealing with johnny being robby's dad and losing his student.

daphne had been texting robby the last few days. she kept apologising on behalf of her dad. robby had told her he had signed up for the tournament unaffiliated. daphne had told him she will try her best to be there and support him.

daphne snapped out of her thoughts when she hears a knock at the door. the door opened and sam appeared. "you wanna come to the tournament? we're all going." sam said smiling.

"sure. let me just get changed." daphne said whilst sam nodded and closed the door.

as the whole larusso family arrived at the venue they were treated by literally everybody who walked past them.

eventually they made their way to their seats which were in the front row. they sat down and waited for the tournament to begin.

daphne looked around from behind her seeing literally everybody from school she has ever crossed paths with. she looked down and fiddled with her fingers waiting for the tournament to begin.

as the dojos started coming out one by one she wasn't really paying attention until she heard a group of people run out chanting 'cobra kai' she looked up and saw a bunch of familiar faces.

she looked over at her dad and sam who looked like they'd seen ghosts. she looked up and made eye contact with miguel before she looked down.

when she heard the word unaffiliated next to robby's name she looked up and saw robby run through. he made eye contact with his dad before he went over to his spot.

"i didn't know he was fighting." amanda says looking over at daniel.

"neither did i." daniel says glaring at him.

daphne felt special considering she knew that he was fighting. she smiled at him and he returned it before looking around.

miguel was the first to have a fight. all daphne can remember from it was that he did the crane kick that her dad did in the 80s. it's not that deep right? it's a karate move i'm sure thousands of people have done it since then.

when robby was fighting daphne was paying full attention. she's not gonna like and say she didn't think he looked good whilst he was fighting.

she saw how her dad was really into the fight and how he stood up when he scored a point. daphne smiled at the site hoping her dad would forgive him.

the next thing daphne knew it was the semi finals and xander stone was giving a speech. daphne definitely blocked out her hearing during it. she didn't care what he had to say.

the first fight to see who made it to the finals was xander vs miguel. if daphne was honest, no matter how much of a dick miguel was she wanted him to win.

miguel made it to the final. the final fight before the finals was hawk against robby. obviously she wanted robby to win, however that would make the final very weird. robby vs miguel. i'm not sure how that would end after the other night.

hawk got the first point against robby. daphne wasn't stressed. she knew robby had it in him to beat hawk.

"he's not focused." daniel said before standing up.

"remember what you learned robby." daniel yelled before sitting back down.

robby nodded his head and began to do the breathing exercises that daniel had taught him and daphne that day on the tree.

when the fight continued robby was very good at defending himself and he earned a point.

hawk walked up to robby and considering being in the front row daphne was able to hear what they were saying to eachother.

"that was a lucky point, it's gonna be your last." hawk said in robby's face.

"why? leaving early to fix that stupid haircut?" robby said before turning around and walking back to his side of the mat. daphne let out a chuckle. she missed eli, she did not like hawk.

however hawk did not have a good reaction to what robby just said, he crossed out of bounds kicking robby right in the back on his shoulder causing robby to fall to the ground.

"what the fuck." daphne said earning a nudge from her dad.

next thing you know johnny was running across the matt and kneeled down next to robby asking him if he was alright.

"illegal contact you're disqualified." the referee yelled at hawk.

robby made it to the finals after hawk got disqualified. daniel decided to go and check on robby. "i'm coming with you dad, i want to make sure he's alright." daphne said before following her dad to the changing rooms where robby was sitting.

daniel made daphne wait outside. she sat outside the changing rooms.

around 20 minutes later daniel came out with robby, he had an ice pack on his shoulder.

"are you alright?" daphne asked robby who nodded.

"he's going to fight." daniel said and robby handed him the ice pack back before heading out to the matt.

"good luck." daphne yelled back at robby before they made their way back to their seats.

"where did they all go?" daniel asked daphne who just shrugged her shoulders in response. as they were waiting daniel got an idea. "i'll be back. trust me." he said before walking away leaving daphne sat there alone.

"this is it, folks. the moment we've all been waiting for, the final match will determine who will be victor and champion. will it be miguel diaz frok cobra kai karate? or robby keene unaffiliated." the host said before he got interrupted.

daphne could briefly hear the host say something along the lines of "daniel larusso is going to coach?" with that she smiled.

"daniel larusso is gonna coach! im sorry folks theres been a change. robby keene will now be fighting for miyagi do karate with former champion, daniel larusso as his sensei!" the host said. daphne clapped along with the rest of the audience. she was really hoping that robby wins. she did not want miguel's ego to be boosted.

as they began fighting daphne became worried as she saw how aggressive miguel was getting. robby kicked him in the chest making him earn the first point.

as they continued to fight she saw miguel's anger as he was throwing hits purposely at robby's injury. this made daphne worry, she knew the rules of cobra kai, it doesn't matter how you fight as long as you win.

miguel earned his first point sending robby to the ground holding his shoulder. as they fight again miguel purposely punches robby's shoulder making his other hand hold his shoulder the sweeping him from his feet to the ground and punching him im the stomach. daphne did not like the way miguel was fighting. she knew it wasn't his fault it was just the way he was taught.

she saw daniel take time and used it as an opportunity to speak to robby. daphne saw robby using the breathing technique again, it worked last time so hopefully it will help him find his balance again.

robby was doing a pretty good job defending himself with one arm. it wasn't until miguel had been kicking him into the corner that robby was on the floor. he used his strongest arm to hold up his body weight and using both of his legs to kick miguel backwards earning him his second point.

daphne cheered, she knows that he used that kick daniel was talking about that day on the tree. when miguel was on the floor robby walked over to him holding his hand out to help him up.

miguel letting his anger get the best of him he took his opposite hand and pulled robby down with him. purposely attacking his injured arm.

"how is that fair?" daphne said outloud and the crowd started booing as miguel only got a warning.

i saw robby walk towards miguel holding his shoulder even more. he looked like he was in a lot of pain.

daphne really wanted robby to win, not just because she liked him and what miguel did to her sister was wrong but because miguel was fighting dirty. it wasn't even a fair match. even if miguel was her friend still she wouldn't of wanted him to win like this.

whilst they are fighting robby aims to kick miguel however miguel is quick to react and grabs his leg kicking him back in his injured shoulder making robbys arm grab his shoulder immediately out of instinct of pain and miguel doing a roundhouse kick into his chest causing robby to fall to the ground making miguel winner.

daphne get up and begins to walk round to where daniel is as robby walks over there. as robby walks over to daniel and daphne he looks disappointed in himself.

"you did a really good job out there robby." daphne said. "thanks." he said looking down.

as daphne, daniel and robby are walking round the back of the matt johnny comes up behind them.

"robby." he says causing all 3 of them to turn around.

"i'm, i'm sorry." johnny says apologetically.

"it's ok dad." robby said nodding his head at him. "let's go guys." robby said before walking away daphne following him leaving daniel and johnny to talk.

as daphne and robby were walking she put her arm around him in attempt to show sympathy for him being in pain just a little bit, or you could say she just wanted to show some physical affection. but she mainly wanted to know if that he was ok.

as daniel arrived at the car robby sat in the front and daphne was in the back. as they were driving robby was disappointed.

"second place." he muttered looking down holding his trophy.

"you fought with honour and he didn't, so no matter what that trophy says, you are the real winner." daniel says smiling at robby.

"yeah. you should be proud of yourself. you did so well." daphne says leaning forward between the two seats as she was sitting in the middle.

"thanks." robby said looking back at her. "i'm sure my dads happy too. now cobra kai will take over karate in the valley." robby added,

"yeah, over my dead body." daniel said and daphne chuckled.

robby looked out the window "where are we going?" and daniel pulled into a smaller road.

"no way." daphne said outloud as she realised where they were.

they all walked into the dark miyagi do dojo that daniel trained at when he was a kid.

"welcome to miyagi do karate."

ana speaks 🙏🏻🙏🏻

HEYYY OK SEASON ONE IS FINISHED IM KIND OF PROUD NGL i think the first few chapters are bad because i was getting into the flow of writing and i wasn't yet sure how i wanted to do it. anyways i'll go back and edit those eventually. anyways get ready for season 2🤭 i'm so excited AH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

828K 24.6K 60
Katherine Flynn has the lifestyle most would envy: huge mansion, six-figure allowance no normal teen would have, imported sports cars, private partie...
41.2K 1.4K 91
Fitting in for Wren had never really been a problem for her and her best friend Rue. They did everything normal teenagers did. Did homework together...
12.7K 262 29
Just when everyone expected the rivalry to end, it got worse. Now a new Sensei is stepping into the light and it's one that no one ever expected ...
121K 1.7K 27
You are a 5 time world karate champion from the valley and you get a injury from your last competition. What happens when you go to spectate the tour...