chapter 11

daniel had called daphne and robby out to the dojo the next day after the tournament to show them around in daylight

daniel uncovered the cars so that robby and daphne could get a better look at them.

"woah. mr miyagi gave you this?" robby asked.

"yep. best birthday gift ever." daniel said nodding his head. "haven't had much of a chance to get down here lately." he added.

"something tells me there's a can of wax in our future." daphne says running her hand through her hair.

"don't worry, we've got plenty to do before that." daniel says sighing.

daniel gets daphne and robby to begin to pain the fences, continuing to hand them the paint. daniel shows them every move that they need to know to understand real miyagi do.

daniel makes robby and daphne get in the mini lake to place plants on top of a wooden floating surface.

"this water is so cold dad." daphne says and daniel chuckles. "just keep moving, you'll be fine." he says as robby and daphne begin to try and keep the plants balanced on the rig.

"no no robby slide yours back a little more." daniel says making sure it's perfectly balanced between daphne and robby.

at the end of the day they all stand at the entrance and look at the perfectly clean dojo that they have been spending their whole day working on.

as they drop robby home and daniel and daphne walk into the kitchen after being out all day.

"hey." daniel says walking into the kitchen with daphne behind him.

"hey, the hard workers return." amanda says smiling.

"i gotta tell you it feels great to get my hands dirty again." daniel says walking over to anthony kissing the top of his head as daphne sits down opposite him.

"hey, where's sam?" daniel asks amanda.

"she's upstairs, she still pretty torn up over her breakup with miguel." amanda says continuing to cut the vegetables.

"i hate to say i told her so." daniel says grabbing a beer from the fridge.

"daniel." amanda says raising her eyebrows at him.

"what? i'm supposed to be upset that my daughter has broken up with cobra kai's top bully?" daniel says shrugging his shoulders.

"nah, i was friends with miguel before he joined cobra kai and he is a sweet boy. he was just taught a very wrong way. i'm sure he'll come around again." daphne says crossing her arms at the table earning a look from both of her parents.

"i'm with dad on this one." anthony says and daphne kicks him under the table.

"thank you anthony. hey you know what? why not this summer, you ditch summer camp and join team miyagi do, you can train with daphne and robby?" daniel says walking over to him.