chapter 17

daphne was sitting in her room, casual summer day before training

as she was heading to the bathroom she walked past sam's room she heard talking and five words she didn't like the sound of.

"do you have a crush?" moon asked sam causing daphne stop in her tracks standing quietly listening in.

"i. i don't have a crush." daphne heard sam say.

"is it robby?" moon asked causing sam to freeze before closing her door fully.

"oh my god." daphne heard moon say from the other side of the closed door.

daphne quickly walked away heading to the bathroom before locking the door and facing to look at herself in the mirror before tears streamed down her face.

she didn't like how much he could affect her, and she has never felt this way over a boy before. sure she's had her crushes who usually end up liking sam but this was different and daphne couldn't understand why she was getting so upset about it.

she decided not to let it affect her before quickly changing into her outfit before heading over to the dojo.

the group sat down under the tree drinking water
before daniel came out yelling at them to get up.

"alright guys get out from under that tree. it's time to get to work." daniel said before daphne immediately groaned.

"dad it is way to hot out, i feel like i'm going to pass out any second." daphne said before putting her head in her arms.

"come on daphne." sam said holding her hand out for the girl to take, she thought about it for a second before taking her hand standing up with the rest of the group.

"hey, mr larusso it's like 100 degrees out. can't we take it easy today?" robby said.

"are you serious? this heatwave is a gift. today you are going to experience shochu-geiko." daniel said causing the group to look at him confused.

"like the car insurance?" chris asked causing daphne to let out a laugh.

"shochu-geiko is a japanese exercise where you train during the hottest days of the year. it's about pushing yourself to your limit. the right isn't always gonna come when it's 75 degrees and breezy." daniel said.

"i wish it did." daphne muttered.

after a while of training out front daphne began to feel herself getting light headed and the sweat on her forehead was just piling and piling.

when daniel called sam's number she quickly did a roundhouse kick into robby's stomach causing him to look at her shocked and then smiled.

"got you." she said smiling causing daphne to roll her eyes and she held her head.

"demetri's turn." daniel said.

once demetri was in the middle daniel quickly took a look around before calling daphnes number causing her to groan.