๐„๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ | Akaza ร— Re...

By -mistyfics

โ ๐ˆ'๐ ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ข๐ง ๐š ๐ก๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ โž โ‡ข ห—หห‹ In which a certain upper... More

00 โ” ๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž
โ” ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐’
01 ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ 
02 ๐€ ๐๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ
03 ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ญ
04 ๐…๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐’๐ก๐ฒ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐
05 ๐”๐ง๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž
06 ๐’๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐…๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
07 ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ค ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž
08 ๐€๐ง ๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ˆ๐ง๐๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ
09 ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ฅ
10 ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ซ
11 ๐‹/๐ง ๐˜/๐ง: ๐๐ซ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐“๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ
12 ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐‰๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ
13 ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก ๐”๐ง๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐
14 ๐’๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
15 ๐๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ ๐ข๐š
16 ๐€๐ง ๐ˆ๐ซ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ
17 ๐’๐ฅ๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
18 ๐…๐š๐ฏ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฆ
19 ๐„๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ 
20 ๐’๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ
22 ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐’๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ ๐‚๐จ๐ซ๐ฉ๐ฌ
23 ๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž
24 ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐’๐จ ๐๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ ๐‹๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž
25 ๐’๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ & ๐’๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐’๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ

21 ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐

3.7K 191 228
By -mistyfics

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's been a few weeks now as things seemed to be going peacefully for Akaza and Y/n. There was no sign of another demon slayer's crows anywhere in the area apart from the crow that Y/n was h̶o̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶o̶s̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ keeping in her home temporarily.

The day had been totally normal. There was almost nothing special about it, at all, it was like any other day at work. She was currently at a patient's home, taking care of an older woman with a chronic illness.

This village that Y/n was in right now, was next to her village and she often came here to buy things or was called for medical help.

The woman she was tending to was fast asleep in her futon while Y/n sat a little away, on the patio, grounding some herbs to use for treating her. She was focused on her work, adding her full concentration to it.

That's when she sees a black object in the air from the corner of her eyes.

Instantly, she snaps her gaze to the side, her instincts telling her that something was wrong. Turning to look back at her patient, she sighed upon seeing she was still fast asleep.

'Was that another one of those crows...?' Y/n thought, narrowing her eyes slightly as she looked back at the spot where she'd seen that black object.

For the past few weeks, she'd been a little suspicious of every crow she'd seen, which seems understandable considering she has a talking crow in her house now.

Y/n had to admit, it was a clever idea for the Demon Slayer Corps to use crows for communication since those black birds were so common. It would be almost impossible to tell the talking and normal crows apart.

Once done tending to her patient, Y/n walked through the village square to buy a few things.

It was bright outside today as it was still morning time and the entire area was bustling with people who were roaming around, buying or selling things. She walked through town, her face covered as always by the veiled straw hat that she always wore.

Akaza wasn't home today, he'd been gone for a few days now but she didn't think much of it since it was normal. However, it was funny to see the literal Uppermoon Three act like a clingy overprotective puppy because he didn't want to leave her alone in case she needed him.

Mei was in the white cloth bag that she had around her shoulders, periodically popping its head out to meow at her. Y/n often carried her cat out with her when no one else was at home.

Most of the time, she didn't mind leaving Mei home since it was independent. However, with the crow held hostage in her home, Y/n had to make sure Mei wasn't left alone with it in fear of her cat eating that garbage and getting sick.

It was around afternoon time when she began to start walking back to her village. The walk was around forty-five minutes but she didn't mind, she'd prefer to walk instead of being pushed into a tiny carriage with a lot of people. 

She walked down the path, carrying a cloth bag in her hands with the things she'd bought, as well as the one slung around her shoulders with Mei in it. Y/n walked for a while and she saw a tall rugged man leaning against a tree ahead. He saw her and calmly walked out in front of her, blocking her path.

She looked up at the man calmly, her face slightly hidden by the translucent white veil of her straw hat.

This man was extremely tall but scrawny-looking, yet his height added to his intimidation. He wore simple and old clothes, had harsh features, and was looking her up and down. His gaze settled on the cloth bags she had in her hands.

Y/n sighed tiredly, realizing this man probably wanted to rob her.

'Am I some kind of magnet for trouble...?' She thought, staring up at the man with a calm and stoic expression, 'Is it really that hard for the heavens to let me have some peace...?'

Okay, perhaps the day hadn't been that normal, but still, she didn't think all this would've happened.

The man stared at the woman and smirked slightly, mockingly raising his hands in defense, "I want no trouble, little lady... Give me everything you have on you and I'll be on my merry way~"

Y/n was unamused and unimpressed. It's clear that this man was a seasoned criminal, he didn't look nervous in the slightest but then again, she did have that effect on people. An effect that makes them feel relaxed around her. It's good for dealing with patients but troublesome because people are more likely to think she's an easy target.

The man took notice of the simple necklace she had around her neck, the one with the pearl pendant that Akaza and her had s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶ earned from that perverted shopkeeper months ago at the festival.

"That's a pretty little thing you have there..." The man took a step forward, his hands behind his back, slightly leaning down mockingly. He could easily tell that this woman was someone with a lot of money based on the way she, not only dressed, but also carried herself.

He held his hand out with a smirk, "Last chance to give me everything you got,"

It was almost insulting how this man was treating her. As if he really didn't think that she was a threat. Not even a little bit.

Y/n looked around, there wasn't anyone around since this was the path between the two villages. There would be some shops a little ahead but she had to admit, this was the perfect place to try and rob people.

"No thank you, I'll pass," She said nonchalantly as she looked up at the man. She had pretty important things that she'd purchased in her bag, such as herbs and ointments that she could use for her patients. They were pretty expensive too so she'd rather not give them to a thief.

The man blinked, rather baffled at the idea that she so casually just said no.

Mei's tiny fluffy head popped out of the cloth bag--that was slung around her shoulder--and it meowed quietly, looking at the man.

He took a step forward to get closer to Y/n, with an intimidating and tough expression. He stretched out his hand to grab her by her haori and pulled her forward until she was basically standing on her tiptoes. It was a clear threat.

"I'm not asking again," The man narrowed his eyes.

"Let go," Y/n said calmly, holding the man's wrist that gripped her haori with one hand while her other hand dropped the cloth bag so that she could get the small blade she always kept with her from her sleeve.

She rarely resorted to violence, but there were times when it was necessary.

Upon seeing that she dropped the bag, the man assumed that she was giving in so he let her go, "Now...was that so hard..?" He mocked, pushing her back.

He went to go take the cloth bag but she placed her foot onto his hand.

"It's not good manners to take others' things..." Y/n raises her eyebrow, scolding him as if he was a child. She would've usually just let a thief take the bag since she would've just had groceries and never carried too much money with her. And she tried to avoid unnecessary trouble. But the things she had today were expensive and she needed them for her patients.

And it's probably best that no one comes between her and her patients. (Looking at you, Kokushibo-san)

The man narrowed his eyes and looked at her, still bent down, "What did you say, woman?" The man was calm, just like her, but it was clear he was angry that she was treating him like a misbehaving child.

Y/n sighed, "I said... It's not good manners to--"

"I heard what you said!" He spat, his eye twitching. He pulled his hand away from under her foot and used it to grab her ankle to yank her down, causing her to fall onto her back, her straw hat falling off her head and her cat leaping out of the bag.

She blinks, taken aback but sighed tiredly and remained calm, "I'm really not looking for trouble..." She said tiredly as pulled her leg back to kick the man in the face before quickly snatching her bag and straw hat before standing up.

She took a few steps back, looking at the man who groaned, holding his face. Looks like Akaza's training was definitely paying off.

"You hag..!" The man growled, glaring at her.

'Hag?'  Y/n thought, slightly bemused as she continued staring up at him blankly, 'He literally looks older than me... Or maybe that's just the stress of being a scum...'

The man takes a step forward to try and snatch her bag again, but she reacted on instinct and she reeled her arm back and punched him right in the throat. And before he could react, she also lifted her leg and harshly kicked him in the crotch for good measure.

'Oh wow...' Y/n was extremely impressed with herself and could not wait to tell Akaza about this when he gets back. She could already imagine his proud grin and it made her heart flutter.

The man fell to his knees, gasping for air as he felt his airway constrict due to the punch and he was holding his crotch too. Y/n took a few steps back to leave but that's when Mei leaped at him and yowled angrily.

Y/n watched as her lovely cat scratched the man on the face violently before calmly walking back to her. Mei meowed, gently placing its paws on her leg as if asking to be picked up. She did and placed her cat back into the cloth bag before placing her straw hat back onto her head, wanting to desperately cover her face again.

She looks at the man who was on the ground, holding his bleeding face, gasping for air, and groaning in pain. She noticed a small brown pouch that had fallen out of his pocket, most likely his wallet which looked filled with money. There was also a knife.

Y/n raises her eyebrow. How did scum like him get his hands on so much money? Looks like she was right, he's done this before.

She casually walked past the man and picked up his wallet as well as the knife and began walking off as if nothing even happened. She didn't want much trouble.

She didn't condone stealing at all but, what's he gonna do? Tell the authorities that the woman he tried to rob ended up beating him up and stealing his money? The money he had most likely stolen from others? Cute.

Surprisingly, the man didn't even stop her as she walked off--probably in too much pain to do so.

As she walked, she discarded the knife that she'd only taken to disarm the man. She opened the small brown pouch and saw that it was filled with coins. She narrowed her eyes and shook her head, closing the wallet.

Y/n walked for some more time and soon reached her village. She walked calmly in the direction of her home and her eyes caught sight of a familiar young girl, barely fourteen years old, selling flowers. She didn't have a lot of customers but the flowers were beautiful.

It was Yui, the granddaughter of one of her older patients.  She knew that the young girl often worked alone for money as her grandmother was too old to work. She watched as the Yui called out for some customers while holding out a few flowers.

Y/n walked over and asked for a small bouquet, the young girl saw her and smiled happily. She looked at the small cart and noticed how Yui had barely sold anything. "I'm guessing business has been slow today..." She chuckles softly.

Yui smiled sheepishly, "Yes... Ever since Sora-san began to sell those beautiful bouquets, people have been preferring to go to her..." She says kindly, not as energetic as she usually is while taking the flowers that Y/n had asked for, "I asked if we could work together, but Sora-san is very particular and told me she works alone..."

Y/n watched the young girl work and could tell she looked tired from how sweaty she was, despite also wearing a straw hat. It seems that she'd been outside in the sun trying to earn some money all day.

"Here you go, Y/n-san!" Yui handed the bouquet to her with a cheerful grin.

Y/n took the flowers and pulled out the thief's wallet and handed the entire thing to Yui. She had no use for this money anyway and would rather give it to someone who actually needed it. She'd only taken it out of pure pettiness.

"Eh...?" Yui stared at the brown pouch. It was heavy and the bouquet only cost a coin or two. She'd made the prices so much lower lately in hopes of selling more. "Wait, Y/n-san..!" She called out to the woman who had already begun to walk away.

Yui continues to speak, "You gave me too much! It only costs..." But the young girl trailed off, her eyes widening ever so slightly when she saw the usually stoic Y/n turn around and move away the thin veil from her straw hat to give her a soft genuine grin.

"Take care Yui-san... Tell your grandmother I said hello..." Y/n said softly as she waved her goodbye before turning around to walk off.

Yui gently held the brown pouch to her chest gratefully and nodded, "I will!" She exclaimed, her eyes widened and her smile so large that it hurt her cheeks.

Y/n always found the young girl so endearing and she was incredibly fond of her and her grandmother.

Beginning to walk up the path toward her home, Y/n reached her cottage soon enough. It was a peaceful afternoon and she thought of ways to spend it. Her large cottage came into sight through the trees but she froze when she saw who was standing there at her front door.

Wielding a katana as his bright yellow and red hair swayed slightly in the wind, he was looking at the cottage. His white cape with wispy fire patterns was draped over his shoulders and when he turned to look at her, there was a black eyepatch on his right eye but his grin was still present.

"Rengoku-san..."

Y/n's eyes widened slightly, unsure of what to do or say. She'd expected a Demon slayer to come to her home, but she didn't expect the Fire Hashira, of all people to do so.

Rengoku smiled at her, unblinking as always and the only thing different about him was the eyepatch, "Good afternoon, L/n-san..." He nodded politely, a little awkward.

'The heavens are really not going to let me have a moment of peace, are they...?' Y/n sighed, remaining calm as she looked at the Hashira. The tiny hope for this day to be normal had been destroyed... J̶u̶s̶t̶ l̶i̶k̶e̶ R̶e̶n̶g̶o̶k̶u̶'s̶ e̶y̶e̶.

They sort of just stared at each other awkwardly considering their last memory of each other was where Rengoku was almost killed by the demon that Y/n lives with (Who is also her lover, but there's no need to bring that up)

"I'm assuming you already know why I'm here..." Rengoku spoke, his voice deep and cheerful but it's ever so slightly lower than usual, showing his awkwardness.

Y/n sighed again and nodded, "Yes, I do," She said, glancing at her door, "Come in..."

She unlocked her door and let the Hashira in. Thank God Akaza wasn't here or else things would've been even more tense than they already are.

Rengoku entered her home and stood by the door as she placed all her things down. Mei hopped out of her bag and looked at him curiously.

"I need to come with you, don't I..?" Y/n asked, turning to look at him as she put her things away.

Nodding, Rengoku said, "You're correct," He had purposely requested to be the one to get her to be put on trial in front of Oyakata-sama since he knew the Wind Hashira would've probably not been the best option to do this job.

Y/n pinched her nose bridge tiredly. She was ready to go, she really wasn't planning to put up a fight against Rengoku. She'd left a note for Akaza, hoping that the demon wouldn't be too freaked out upon seeing she was gone. It didn't feel right to leave like this, but it's either go willingly or be taken there by force.

And that's how Y/n found herself sitting on the ground, surrounded by the Hashira's who all stared at her with varied looks on their faces. Some looked furious, like the white-haired, scarred, Wind Hashira (Who looked like he had rabies). Others looked intrigued like a short woman with a butterfly hairpin, and another looked like they were daydreaming and not even paying attention, like the little kid who was staring up at the clouds.

'And I thought the Uppermoons were weird...' She thought to herself as she was forced to sit there on the ground with two masked individuals wearing brown uniforms standing behind her and keeping her down with their hands on her shoulders.

Y/n looked back at the man seated in the shade, with two c̶r̶e̶e̶p̶y̶ l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ children by his side. The man had straight shoulder-length black hair, his pale skin looked sickly and his eyes were glazed white, indicating he was blind. There was a light purple mark coming from his scalp, down to below his eyes.

It didn't take a lot for her to realize that the man was sick and that mark was most likely a sign of that sickness. She'd never seen something like it so she was intrigued. She wondered what sort of sickness it was, but decided not to think too much about it. She was in a life-or-death situation, it wasn't the time to play curious doctor.

Y/n knew that this thing could go two ways. Either, she would be able to fight her case and convince them somehow that she wasn't an accomplice. Or she'd be executed because she couldn't convince them of that fact.

Either way, things just got a whole lot more complicated and Y/n wasn't too sure of how she should feel.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ 𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐎   𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒 ]

━ That thief lay there on the ground, writhing in pain for 30 minutes straight before going back home to cry himself to sleep.

━ Y/n released the crow not knowing it belongs to Sanemi. That's why he was the one going to come get her. If Rengoku hadn't gained permission to come instead, Y/n wouldn't have even made it to the trial because she'd have been murdered. (Not really, but you never know with that guy)

━ When Y/n beat up the thief, Akaza--who was cities away--felt a wave of pride all of a sudden and has no idea why. He also felt a wave of dread when Y/n had to leave with Rengoku.

━ Y/n bought Mei with her since she didn't want to leave her sweet cat home alone. (Translation: she bought Mei in case she needed to have the Demon slayers be defeated so she could run.)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Author's note:]

Hey guys, sorry if this chapter is a little more unhinged than usual. I've been going through a sugar and coffee withdrawal to help with insomnia so I've just been weirder than normal lol.

I literally edited out so many unfunny jokes about Y/n's dead parents and Rengoku's missing eye 💀 (Long story short, I'm going to hell lol)

But anyway, I hope you liked it. I know I'm pretty inconsistent with updates, but I write whenever I get time so I appreciate all the patience <3

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 722 20
โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌใ…คkny various x reader เฃช ๐“ˆ’ โœฟโ โ € ใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คโ”โ” ๐–กผ.๐–คฃ๐–ฅง๐–กผ.๐–คฃ๐–ฅง โ”โ” (ใ…Ž) synopsis . . . a sick girl with a wish in one world, & a reincarnated girl in th...
243K 6.7K 31
"Akaza is my fiance" "Y/n why is there the smell of a demon on you?"
8.7K 327 20
You somehow end up lost in Japan, having little to no memory of your life before, or any understanding of the land and people here. But you meet extr...
105K 3.5K 65
โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜† A certain twelve Kizuki falls in love with a human; the last person he expected to โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†