(Sidon x Reader) The Out Of B...

By SpiritOfSidon

Being a resident of Lurelin Village, you happened to be quite unlucky in a lot of regards. It was as if there... More

2: The Start Of A New Life
3: Sidon, Prince Of The Zora
4: The Beginning of Strange Correlations
5: An Audience With The King
6: An Adventure With The Prince
7: Rumors And Memories
8: The Secrets Of The Spirit
9: A Break In The Domain
10: The Talk Of Town
11: The Budding Of Something
12: Morfran, Prince Of The Abyss
13: A Promise With A Smile
14: Out On The Road Again
15: Another Piece To The Puzzle
16: The Purity Of Spirit
17: Head Over Heels
18: An Unexpected Engagement
Author's Notes: Additional Content
19: The Korok's Game
20: The Straw That Snapped
21: A Personal Problem
22: The Princess Of Hyrule, Zelda
23: The Champion Festival
24: Sowing The Seeds Of Fate
25: The Catalyst
26: The Multitude Of Mysteries
27: The Unknown Future
28: Past Stories

1: The Start Of A Legend

876 17 10
By SpiritOfSidon

(A/N): This story will contain some details concerning the lore of Tears of The Kingdom, so if you have not caught up with that yet, then it is recommended you do before delving into this story. This story starts before the events of Tears Of The Kingdom, and then goes into it. This story takes place in another universe.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————

As always, this fellow resident of Lurelin Village was up early to set up her store that sold all sorts of handmade knickknacks for the many tourists that would come visit the village. Ever since the end of The Great Calamity, there were many people from all over Hyrule who would flock to the seaside village in the pursuit of a tropical retreat from the prior grief they had to endure due to The Great Calamity. It was this fact that made (Y/n) cross her fingers in the hopes that she would be able to see Princess Zelda pay a visit to Lurelin one day.

For some peculiar reason, (Y/n) never appeared to have the best of luck. The times where the valiant hero of Hyrule, Link, would pay the village a visit, (Y/n) had to be out of town to get some supplies or make a delivery. Tough times called for more flexibility, so for a while, she would have to travel to disperse her wares to more people, since she did have to make a living. It wasn't the funnest of times, what with having to occasionally run away or fight with a few monsters that were near the paths. She couldn't be happier that now she could just stay in one spot, safe and living comfortably in her village.

As lovely as life was in Lurelin Village, there were a few things that would occasionally float into (Y/n)'s mind, things that would bother her.

For one, she was the only one in the village who couldn't swim. The best of swimmers tried to teach her, but she still couldn't get a hang of it. Instead of floating, (Y/n) would sink like a rock. It was quite embarrassing to be living in a seaside village with the inability to swim, so after a few years of embarrassment, she stopped trying altogether.

Secondly, she was a big time romantic who still had yet to strike it rich in love. She knew of the stories surrounding the nearby Tuft Mountain, and had been there plenty of times, but yet, she still never met a man up there. She didn't want to believe that she was also cursed in love. She just hadn't found the one yet.

Being lost in her woes momentarily, (Y/n) found herself squeak in alert when she heard a voice address her, snapping her out of it.

"Er, excuse me, I am interested in that mask you have for sale." A man addressed her, one who looked quite suspicious on sight. Dressed in tropical garb, with some sunglasses resting on his forehead, this clear tourist had the widest smile (Y/n) had ever seen on a person. He had his hands clasped together, and had on his back a large backpack with many masks attached to them. Seems she had a mask collector on her hands.

Putting on a smile, (Y/n) addressed him. "Right, what mask has caught your eye?" (Y/n) asked, as the man pointed to a mask that was made in a certain style that was passed down through (Y/n)'s family. To her knowledge, only she could make a mask of this style.

"That one. I have never seen a mask quite like it before, and I know of a great many masks." He chuckled, as (Y/n) went to retrieve the mask for him with a soft giggle. "I'd hope so, since it was my family who had coined this particular design throughout the generations. I was told that the design first came from my ancestor, and then the tradition of making things such as this mask in this particular style began." She explained to him, handing him the mask as he went to observe the mask with great interest.

"I'll say. The craftsmanship speaks for itself with this beautiful mask. I can sense a rich history here, and for some reason... a hidden sadness..." He mumbled as he continued to inspect the mask, which made (Y/n) laugh again, though this one was a more awkward laugh. So he was one of those tourists, the one with a few screws loose.

No matter, a potential sale was still a potential sale.

"If you're interested in taking that mask, that will be 20 rupees." (Y/n) informed him with a smile, as he then snapped his head back to her.

"I have a more... interesting proposition for you. From one mask connoisseur to another... How about I trade you one of my masks for this one? One of them of equal value, like..." He then fished a mask from his oversized backpack, showing it to (Y/n).

"This one?"

In his hands appeared to be a mask that looked like the typical Zora, which (Y/n) found amusing . It was a cute mask, and she knew that the kids would love to pretend to be Zoras while playing in the water. If she had this mask, she would be able to create several more similar to it. It wasn't everyday one was able to get a pretty good reference of a Zora to make a mask out of them. After all, despite being aquatic beings, she had never seen or heard of a Zora ever going far from their home, Zora's Domain. She was a bit of a stickler for the smallest of details with her creations, so she knew that this was a good trade and she wasn't being robbed.

With an enthusiastic grin, (Y/n) nodded at the mask loving tourist. "You have yourself a deal."

She then gave him her mask in exchange for the Zora mask, which she really took the time to marvel over. It was made very well. She could tell that it was made of a very sturdy, yet breathable material. The craftsman of this mask did an amazing job.

"Thank you very much!" The man chuckled as he happily put away his newly acquired mask.

"Since you have ever so kindly told me a bit about your mask, it is only fair I share the story of the Zora mask that you are now holding." The eccentric man began.

"I have actually acquired it near the Spring of Wisdom up on Mount Lanayru. Why it was there, I have no idea, but I was able to tell straight away that this mask held great potential in it. That in the right hands, it can do a lot of good. When I spotted you and this fine establishment, I knew straight away that you would be the perfect one to possess this mask." The mask lover grinned, before he was yet again clasping his hands together.

"Now, I must be heading off. Use it however you wish, and thank you yet again for this exquisite mask!" He thanked (Y/n), before heading out, presumably to take in more sights of the village.

As (Y/n) watched him leave, she softly shook her head. "Now, I have dealt with a lot of characters before, but none quite like him..." She murmured softly to herself with mirth, before yet again examining the Zora mask.

Oh, she was so excited! She could make Zora masks in all sorts of vibrant colors, and even add some additional details to them, just for fun! It was awakening the creativity within her at all the possibilities there were to explore.

However, there was one thing (Y/n) just had to do first... And that was of course trying on the mask.

It fit her face quite well, a bit too well. It was a bit tricky to remove it afterwards.

"You might be my biggest treasure yet... Besides my necklace, of course." (Y/n) grinned, one of her hands going to instinctively reach to feel the archaic like necklace that she had on.

This necklace was a family heirloom, passed down throughout the generations. Attached to it, was a tear shaped stone, that shined almost like a pearl. (Y/n)'s late mother suggested that it was probably a pearl in a rare shape acquired from a oyster from their ancestors, though it did not look or feel like any pearl (Y/n) had ever seen. This necklace was special.

The very next moment, the stone then went to do something (Y/n) had never saw it do... And that was glow from within. There was a purple light that could be seen from within the stone, and it made (Y/n) panic at the sight of it. "O-Oh no, oh no! T-This can't be happening!" She murmured with a shaky voice, before suddenly, she felt a blinding light engulf her from the stone.

"(Y/n), my dearest descendant... The power of the secret stone has been corrupted... You must find the purest light to rid the stone of the darkness... Or you will never be able to realize your destiny..."

Just as quickly as she found herself in the blinding light, had (Y/n) found herself back in reality. Did she... Really just hear that?... Was that really... her ancestor speaking to her just now?

"I... think I need to take an early lunch break..." (Y/n) shook her head, trying to get a hold of herself from that otherworldly experience. Had the fruit she had for breakfast this morning been spoiled and had some effect on her, combined with the all-nighter she pulled to work on some jewelry to sell at her shop? If this happened because of those factors, then she swore she would never do them again.

"It was.... Just a vivid imagination from talking to that maskman..." (Y/n) tried to convince herself, going to run a hand through her hair, only to find something... rather alarming.

Where she should have felt her hair, she had instead felt a rather smooth sensation.

And when she peeked at herself from one of the mirrors she had set in her shop, she let out a horrified scream.

Staring right back at her, was not herself... But rather a Zora, who had golden, shark-like eyes that were wide in fear, her visible teeth sharp as razors.

For extra confirmation that who (Y/n) was staring at was indeed herself, she noticed that the Zora was wearing the same archaic like necklace that she always wore.

"B-But... B-But... H-How?... W-Why?..." (Y/n) sputtered in shock, before she was even more alarmed to find herself then looking down right at herself, though her Hylian body appeared to be in a rather unusual state. Her body glowed a light green, and appeared as if she was in a deep sleep.

Somehow, and in someway, (Y/n)'s spirit had separated from her body, and taken hold of the Zora mask she just acquired... and now she possessed the form of a female Zora.

Just... how in the hell was she going to change back?!

"T-This isn't funny! Go back to my body, now!" (Y/n) stuttered, holding onto the tear shaped stone, only for nothing to happen.

"P-Please don't tell me this is another curse... That I am going to be stuck like this forever!" (Y/n) said with a shaky voice, before she shook her head. No, she refused to fully give in to this fear! There had to be a solution, a way to get back into her Hylian body!

Since (Y/n) was now... in this peculiar state, she closed up shop early, thankful no one was near to hear her scream, though she would need the assistance of at least one person while she was experiencing this frightful situation.

"C-Chief! The woman who runs this shop is in a strange state!" (Y/n) called out to Chief Rozel. She would have told him the whole truth, goddess, did she want to, but who would believe some strange female Zora claiming to originally be a Hylian woman? They would have thought her crazy, and maybe even responsible for what happened to herself, and she didn't have time to explain herself. What she needed now was to have someone at least periodically watch over her body while she tried to find the solution to her dilemma. She would deal with others thinking she was crazy when she told the truth to them another time!

Poor Chief Rozel was so worried over (Y/n), calling over some other villagers who came to check out what happened to the poor Hylian woman. To them, it appeared they didn't see the strange green light, but they did see that (Y/n)'s Hylian body appeared unconscious. At least she didn't appear dead.

While everyone else was checking out what happened, (Y/n), now in her Zora body, decided to take the opportunity to go home and pack up, taking some of her materials and her wares with her for the road.

Unfortunately, it would be far too risky to take her body with her on the journey, and to leave her body alone. (Y/n) would make sure that she repay this unexpected favor tenfold to everyone when she could. This was not ideal at all, but she was experiencing quite the unbelievable situation.

(Y/n) would then be heading on a trip to Zora's Domain. Maybe this situation had happened before, and the Zora would be able to help her. Since she was now a Zora too, it would be for the best she be where they were.

(Y/n) believed... Or rather hoped, that there was a reason she had turned to a Zora, that this happened at the moment that it did...

The strange voice from earlier... suggested she find the purest light. And then she had turned into a Zora.

Perhaps the purest light would be there, or they would know where to find it?

(Y/n) had so many questions, and she was hoping that this trip would give her the answers she needed to return back to her Hylian body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534 23 28
"It must be quite something, a feeling like this... it is quite something. Wanting someone for so long that in your head they were yours and with som...
25.8K 585 62
After losing her village in a massacre, Kagami was the last survivor of her village. Escaping from her home, she makes it on a new land where she mee...
41K 1.1K 33
[2nd book is out!] Ever since the calamity began, Hylians and Zoras never truly lived in harmony. Anger and hatred fumed between each other. Even whe...
13.1K 377 34
You were a neko with dreams. You always wondered what it was like to be a princess, and now you can. You have discovered that you were a princess, yo...