Falling in love

alwaysbusyimagining tarafından

Aadhya Advani Smart. Pretty. Kind. Having a personality of sunshine... Daha Fazla

00 | AUTHOR'S NOTE
00 | CHARACTER AESTHETICS
00 | ♫ PLAYLIST ♫
01 | NEW BEGINNING
02 | MISANTHROPY
03 | DINNER
04 | CLIQUE
05 | MOVIE
06 | FOE
07 | FAMILY
08 | VICTORY
09 | BIPOLAR
10 | JEALOUSY
11 | OVERBEARING
12 | VODKA
13 | THREE TOED SLOTH
14 | BEAST
15 | TICKET TO HELL
16 | DUMB CHARADES
17 | CAPRICIOUS
18 | PERSUASION
19 | BARGAINING SKILLS
20 | CHANGE
22 | TOSKA
23 | DANCE PARTNERS
24 | DESIRE
25 | HALCYON
26 | REUNION
27 | STAR OF THE NIGHT
28 | FAREWELL
29 | BIRTHDAY TRADITION
30 | PROGRESS
31 | FELICITY
32 | SOLACE
33 | DENIAL
34 | TRYST
35 | LA LA LAND
36 | CAT OUT OF THE BAG
37 | EPIPHANY
38 | SEMINAR
39 | THE BOOK
40 | DAWN
ANNOUNCEMENT
41 | PLAN
42 | FIXATED
43 | THE CONFESSION
44 | FOR ME
EPILOGUE
New book alertt!!

21 | SIN

3.6K 216 22
alwaysbusyimagining tarafından

Reyhaan's POV

Finally Sunday is here. Last week was super hectic with classes and at work so the only day I get to rest is on Sunday. The coming week will be jam packed because of Diwali, the new collection will be released in our showroom in two days.

Because of this I haven't spent much time with my family as well. Speaking of family, I haven't seen Dhruv properly for the last few days. We live together, work together, go to college together. We literally see each other's face 24/7, but suddenly not seeing him is kinda weird.

Every time I go to his room I see him on the phone talking to someone. Even this morning at the dining table during breakfast, he was glued to his phone and the suspicious part is that he was smiling like a fool.

He's hiding something from me and I will make sure he tells me even if I have to beat him to death. Asshole.

I walk to his room which is literally next to mine. I'm about to knock on his door but because it is open I barge in. He is sitting on the bed again, his eyes glued to his phone. He looks up hearing the door open, and seeing my serious expression he swallows thickly, knowing exactly why I'm here.

"So what's going on with you?" I ask without beating around the bush

He shrugs looking completely oblivious "Nothing, why do you ask?"

I roll my eyes at his act "Stop playing dumb Dhruv. Just answer me. You've been distracted for the past few days. You hardly come over to my room at night like you always do. When I come you're always either talking on your phone or texting. What's the matter?"

"Noth-"

I interrupt him "Don't you dare lie to me" I warn him

He sighs defeatedly and finally admits knowing no point in denying "Okay fine. You're right there's something going on but it isn't like a sure thing. I mean I don't even know if it is a thing, maybe it's just me who thinks that, it could potentially be a thing but-"

I stop him from further stress "Do you like someone?"

He looks like a deer caught in light. He doesn't say anything to deny it, basically giving me my answer. I sit on his bed and I ask him "why the hell did you hide it from me? Dhruv you know you can tell me anything right? Did I say something which made you hide this from me?"

He denies "The fuck? Rey there's nothing like that okay. How would I tell you something that I didn't know"

With a teasing grin I ask him "So who is the lucky girl my brother has a crush on huh?"

His ears and cheek turn pink like a lovesick puppy. "Okay wait let me guess" I say pretending to think but the answer is so damn easy "Is it someone from the first year, who is a little too loud and sassy. Is she studying psychology and we meet her everyday at the café during our breaks"

He only blushes more furiously and he is fucking so shy that he can't even see me in the eyes "Perhaps this certain someone is named Anaya Kapoor?"

His eyes finally snap towards mine at the speed of lightning and he stutters "ho-how do you know?"

I squeeze his shoulder as I smugly say "I'm your best friend you asshole I know you from birth and I know you better than you. Do you think I will miss you gazing at her when you think no one is looking. Or when you fight for some alone time with her? You're not that sneaky after all"

"Right" He nods grinning

"So how did this happen?"

"Well I guess she intrigued me from the very beginning. Like from that first dinner, I liked her not like a crush but there was something. But slowly on the trip when we got some time alone I kinda realized that I was crushing on her." He says, fondly thinking about those moments.

"But I don't know if she likes me back. When everyone is around, it's quite difficult to interpret anything you know and over texts or calls you just never know. It could be anything" I nod understanding his point of view

"So why don't you ask her to meet you somewhere out at a café or something?" I suggest

He immediately says "I did just now and I'm waiting for her reply"

I hum "So does anyone else know about this?"

He widens his eyes "No and you will also not tell anyone. If they get to know then they will not just tease me to death but also make it so obvious that she will also know about it"

I pat his shoulder to calm him down "Alright got it. Relax"

He then starts telling me about that one time she linked her arms with his in Manali and after that how she was comfortable being a little touchy. He is literally gushing over it like a schoolgirl making me smirk because I will use this on him in the future.

Which is quite entertaining and I can't believe he is so blind that he can't notice the signs she is giving. I wouldn't burst the bubble because one it is not my thing to tell and two I can't be too sure until she tells me directly.

My train of thoughts are interrupted by the sound of notification from Dhruv's phone. I peek to look at what the message is and it is from none other than Anaya.

He looks at me nervously and I raise my eyebrows "what are you waiting for? Open"

He opens the WhatsApp message and it reads

Sure can we meet at 4 because I have some dinner plans with my parents

He then types Yeah no problem

Confused, I ask "Don't her parents live in Mumbai?"

He tosses his phone aside and replies "yes but they've come down to meet her"

A smirk forms on my lips "Of course you will after talking to her for hours daily"

"Shut up!" He says poorly trying to hide his flushed cheek, making me laugh.

His face suddenly changes to nervous expression and he asks "Rey I need some help"

"Tell me" I immediately say

"Can you please come with me to the café today?"

I face palm myself "Seriously? Have you gone nuts? You're going on an unofficial date and you want me there?"

"Well about that" he nervously adds

I groan "what did you do now?"

He gulps "I said we're both going to the café and if she wants she can come along with Aadhya. I told her that others are busy so they wouldn't be able to make it"

I run my fingers through my hair in frustration "For Christ's sake, Dhruv are you for real?"

"She wouldn't have agreed if I said it would be the both of us alone! For this love story to begin your brother needs some help" He begs dramatically by pressing his hands together

I roll my eyes in annoyance "Stop being a Cameron tucker and fine I'll come with you but because of you I will have to spend time with Aadhya and for that you owe me a big time"

"Thank you!" He launches himself on him and gives me a sloppy kiss on my cheek

"Yuck yaar Dhruv!"

***

"Wait, where are you both going?" We stop our tracks hearing di's voice and turn around to see she is accompanied by literally everyone in the family.

Dhruv and I look at each, ready for the next 15 minute interrogation, and walk towards them in the living room.

"We're just meeting a few friends" Dhruv answers

"Does this happen to be someone who is just a friend?" Rysa playfully says smirking, making everyone curious. Dadi, Chachi and Nysa share a knowing look on their faces while Dhruv laughs but immediately stops as I snap my face towards him.

"Rysa I said this before that we're only friends. Honestly, we're not even friends if we're getting into the details" I say tired of explaining the same thing from the past one week

"Who are we talking about?" Dad asks

Before I can say anything Dadi beats me to it "Last week Reyhaan came home to pick a file and a girl was with him. Her name is Aadhya and Randhir I must tell you the girl is very sweet and respectful as well"

"Oh why did no one say anything before?" He questions in general to everyone but directs it to me particularly. He looks at me expectantly but what do I say?

"Because I didn't think it was necessary" I reply, no one really says anything after that.

"Mummyji invited her to Meera's wedding, everyone can meet her then" Chachi says and before anyone can question us further I say "We're getting late, aren't we Dhruv?"

"Yeah absolutely" He says and we leave.

The moment we step outside the house, Dhruv starts laughing loudly much to my annoyance. I fold my hands against my chest and wait patiently for him to get done with his shit. Noticing my straight face he stops laughing

"Are you done?" I ask while he nods, placing a finger on his lips like a child. I walk towards my car when he laughs again making me roll my eyes.

35 minutes later we reach the café and Dhruv calls Anaya who says they are waiting outside the café. I park my car and we get out of the car.

They are standing near the door so it's easy to spot them, we walk to them. Anaya is the first one to spot us and she waves her hand as we're nearing.

"Hey" Dhruv says, making Aadhya look at us.

Her eyes widen in shock with her mouth agape when she notices me. She points at me and says "You? What are you doing here?"

She then looks at Anaya who is wearing a pained expression.

"Explain!" Aadhya demands

Anaya then pulls her away from us and I look at Dhruv curiously who shrugs. Anaya seems to be explaining something to Aadhya who is fuming mad and she is also trying to apologize I guess?

They come back but both of their expressions are polar opposite. Anaya looks excited while her best friend looks jaded.

"Hii sorry" Anaya says cheerfully and when Aadhya doesn't greet she nudges her.

Aadhya rolls her eyes and mumbles "hey"

"Let's go inside?" Dhruv flashes a smile.

We go inside, the staff looks at me and says "table for 4 sir?"

I nod at him. Dhruv and Anaya follow the staff, Aadhya is standing beside me and I gesture her to walk ahead using my hand but she does the same to me with a smile. When I walk forward but she leg sweeps me instead. Luckily I didn't fall flat on my face. She looks at my loss of balance and mocks sympathy "tsk tsk"  

Smartass

I scoff at her little stunt in a more amused way, as she walks ahead. Shaking my head I walk to them with a smirk on my face. If it were anyone else they would be dead right now but this girl.. I would punish in the most sinful way.

I sit on the table next to Aadhya of course because my brother dearest wants to sit close to his crush. The entire time Anaya and Dhruv talk within themselves, not caring about the both of us.

When we are finally done with this painfully awkward hour, Dhruv drags me into the washroom.

"What?" I ask annoyed with everything that has happened before

"Can you please take Aadhya and go?" He says bluntly

"Asshole! I came here for you and you literally ignored me the whole time, now you want me to take Aadhya and go? You're talking as if she's an object and I just have to keep on the seat!"

"Sorry Rey. Please just try to understand we want to spend some time alone" He begs with pleading eyes. I close my eyes and take a huge breath. I need one so badly.

"You don't worry Anaya is out there explaining to Aadhya" Dhruv further adds

God give me some strength

"How will you come?" I ask

He answers with a grin "Anaya has her parents car, she will drop me"

I sigh agreeing with him. Ten minutes later guess what? I'm driving and Aadhya is sitting on the passenger seat sulking about something.

I fucking don't know why but I have this stupid urge to wipe that off her face. I want to see her laugh and smile like the fucking sunshine she always is. I'm probably gonna regret this later but before I can think further I take a right turn instead of left.

.

Author's Note 

Bromance is as necessary as romance, don't you think? I love Reyhaan and Dhruv's bond. Any guesses what the next chap is about? I'm superr excited for the next one and hopefully you guys don't have to wait for an entire week!! 

Anyway don't forget to vote and comment, stay tuned <33

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

320K 20.7K 53
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 1 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 "𝓶𝓸𝓱𝓪𝓫𝓫𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓲 𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓪, 𝓳𝓸 𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓼𝓮 𝓴𝓪𝓻 𝓵𝓲𝔂𝓪 𝓱𝓪𝓲" ⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆˖⁺‧₊˚ ♡ ˚₊‧⁺˖...
90.7K 5.9K 21
"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥?" __________________________...
214K 10.9K 56
Plot twist : Your crush loves you back!💘 Join Spruha and Varad in their love journey🧡💙 𝗚𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗽𝘀𝗲 ~ "Varradd!! We're so close!" She said stutt...
854K 87.8K 29
"You are my heart, Aira. So be careful when you think of breaking it. It may result in your collapse." ------- .˚₊✧₊˚. -------- **This is a DARK roma...