and it was all yellow [sunsun...

By IBARK4JAKE

Park Sunghoon whose life only revolved around ice, met a boy named Kim Sunoo who shares a dark past. What hap... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
epilogue
words of appreciation
plug!

eight

933 61 78
By IBARK4JAKE

SUNOO'S POV

"What the fuck happened to you?" I awkwardly looked at the girl from earlier upon hearing Sunghoon curse while approaching me.

"Is she your sister?" I asked immediately and started noticing their resemblance. How did I miss that?!

"Yes and I'm asking what on earth happened to you?"

"I'm okay! No need to worry about me. You should ask your sister first" Sunghoon still looked mad despite my calm exterior. He was taking deep breaths before turning his full attention towards his sister who seems confused with the situation. She told him what really happened and Sunghoon couldn't help but to keep on cursing.

He's such a bad influence!

"Why were you even here in the first place?!"

"I came to see a friend—"

"And freely lurk the neighborhood you had no familiarity with?! What if Sunoo didn't see you?! Those bastards could've taken you, open up your body and sell your internal organs to God knows where!" I pursed my lips as I tried my best not to laugh.

He's just speaking non-sense at this point.

"I don't think they would sell—"

"Shut up! You're making me even more mad! Let's go...and you!" My eyes grew wide when he pointed at me with a glare like as if I was his responsibility too.

"Follow me" I sighed in defeat as I follow him walk back to his car. His sister was pouting behind him and when she noticed that Sunghoon was throwing her a glare from time to time, she hurriedly clung on my arms.

"My brother is scary when he's mad... I'm Yeji by the way! You?"

"Sunoo. Kim Sunoo" she smiled upon hearing my name and started chatting away as we all made our way to the car. Sunghoon gave his sister his coat before opening the door to the backseat and commanding her to get in. The window of the passenger seat was open so I noticed a man sitting on the driver seat.

Was Sunghoon not alone?

"Mr. Ha, please bring my sister straight home. I already asked Mrs. Jo to make dinner. Please drive safely"

"Wait what? What about you?"

"I'll see you at home. We'll talk tomorrow" he said in finality before telling the driver to leave.

"I couldn't even say goodbye to your sister—"

"Tsss, follow me" I cleared my throat when I got flustered because he suddenly grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into a familiar path I used to take. He wasn't saying anything at all until we reached the pharmacy and he instructed me to sit on one of the benches while he went inside.

I winced in pain when I felt the left side of my body started throbbing, it was probably that one kick I felt earlier... I straightened my posture as soon as I saw Sunghoon, coming out of the pharmacy with a plastic bag in hand.

"Next time, it would be better to ask for help rather than facing those kinds of people on your own. Look at you"

"I was trying to be that one gangsta' " I replied with humor before smiling but he instantly dismissed it with a glare. I decided to shut up when he sat beside me and started taking out the things he bought.

Sht.

I mentally cursed non-stop when he held my arms and started checking for bruises. His skin grazing on mine is enough to make my heart, beat rapidly. No...

This is wrong. I shouldn't drag him into a mess I can't even handle.

"I-I'm really ok—"

"You keep saying I'm okay and smile here and there...give me a break Sunoo. You're not okay, so stop lying and play pretend right in front of me. It's not working at all" despite his monotonous tone, I can still sense that he was really serious and somehow disappointed. Let's add the fact that he's currently so focused on uncapping a small bottle of medicine.

A loud bang hit my chest as soon as he leaned into me, causing me to flinch and pull away, afraid that he might hear how loud my heartbeat was.

I heard him click his tongue in annoyance before gently holding my chin in place so he can apply the medicine on my lip.

"Oww! C-Can you do it more gently?!"

"Sorry...hold still"

Oh My God.

WHY IS HE NOT GETTING MAD?! HE SHOULD BE A JERK AND TELL ME NOT TO COMPLAIN SO I CAN HATE HIM EVEN MORE!

He's too close...this should be illegal. MOM HELP!

I tried my very best to calm down and put my thoughts at rest when he already finished dabbing the cotton on my lip and started taking out a few packaging of reusable gel ice packs from the plastic bag before trailing his gaze once more to the bruises on my arms. It got too quiet so I decided to break the silence.

"How do you know the way to the pharmacy? Do you often come here?"

"I often visit Jake's place from time to time so I'm quite familiar here...Is this too cold for you?" I grabbed the ice pack from his hand when he nudged it in front of me like as if he wanted me to touch it.

"A little...but it's okay. I can manage" I assured but he took it back from me and ran inside the pharmacy, only to come out with a white towel wrapped around the ice pack. I could feel my blood rising up to my cheeks when he asked me to stretch my arms out so he can place the cold compress on my bruises.

I trailed my gaze from his beautiful deep raven eyes that complimented his perfectly carved eyebrows, down to his lips, forming a thin line that showed how focused he is on what he's doing and of course, those attractive beauty marks on his face that made me realize how ethereal he really was.

It was his beauty that entranced me the most from the very start but looking back, he was really nice. Yes, he likes to tease a lot but he's often very quiet too and doesn't really go around looking for trouble.

He's far too pretty to get involved with someone like me. I can't ruin him.

"U-Umm...I think that's enough...I can do it at home. My mom is probably waiting for me" I said as soon as I snapped back into reality. He looked at me before nodding his head in agreement and picking up my backpack from the bench.

"I can carry it"

"Your body probably hurts from taking all that punches. I can at least carry this" he retorted sarcastically making me roll my eyes.

"I kicked one of them okay?!" I fought but he just shook his head, trying to stifle a smile. I noticed how he was only wearing a light gray hoodie and a baggy pants as a pair. He was probably already at home when he received his sister's call and just came running after without thinking much.

Who could still even think straight when one of your loved one called you on the phone, crying their hearts out as they complain how they almost got killed and all that. At some point, Yeji and him are really the same...both of them likes to overreact.

"I can walk home from here...hyung"

"I'll take you home"

"What? No need, my house is right around the corner and I can handle myself—" I stopped my sentence when I saw him scoff and let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"Tell that to my face next time with no bruises planted on your skin. Hurry up. Your mom is waiting" I rolled my eyes when he held both my shoulder and made me face the road, slightly pushing me to start walking.

"You're overreacting...hyung"

"And you're stubborn...doll"

——
JUNGWON'S POV

I furrowed my brows when I caught a glimpse of figures outside my window which made curious so I had to open my curtain and see what was outside. I bit my bottom lip when I saw Sunghoon hyung waiving Sunoo goodbye after handing him his bag.

"He goes as far as taking my cousin home now..." I muttered which probably caught the attention of the other person in my room.

"I told you. He's been acting really weird around him" he said and even putting down his phone to look at me.

"Huh..." I replied before crossing my arms and started racking my memory about Sunghoon hyung's behavior towards my cousin.

"Let them be... they'll figure it out on their own. Why don't you come here and give me a hug instead?" He suggested, now opening his arms with a smile

"You're right" I gleefully replied before jumping at him, wrapping my arms around his neck as I heard him grunt in pain. Despite it, he still managed to hug me back too.

"Yang Jungwon, since when were you this energetic?"

"Just for today, you should seize the moment Park Jongsaeeeeng—"

"It's Jay!"

——
🌼

Tell you what...I was giggling and smiling while writing this chapter lol.
Surprise! Another couple is revealed! Guess who's next? Or maybe there won't be another one...or maybe not...
Place your bets!

Please don't forget to vote and tell me your opinions on the comment section</3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 992 21
"Have you ever kissed a boy?" This one sentence is the start of a lot of feelings between Jungwon and Jay. The start of a friends with benefits rela...
57.3K 1.7K 32
"After entering into a college Kim Sunoo found a boy, who made the first move to get close to Sunoo but something was wrong with him and Sunoo knew...
45.7K 2.7K 12
Book 2 of Café EN- series [Complete] Jay wants him to be more than just his Secretary Main ship💛 *JayWon Side ship💚 *Sunki *Heegene ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ Boyxbo...
123K 7.4K 17
After his breakup with Park Sunghoon, Sunoo finds himself joining an online game after his best friend, Jungwon, forces him to play. And there comes...