Roman & Scarlett (ON HOLD)

By VictoriousAllen22

Scarlett Amelia Finn, A Goal Oriented Young Woman, Hard Working, Diligent And above all Ambitious, With an Ef... More

AUTHORS NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
Authors Note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Authors Note
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 43

118 10 3
By VictoriousAllen22

"What happened to my child!" Scarlet said as tears began to form at the bank of her eyes.

"Sofia is Awake!" Catarina said with a big smile on her face.

"OH, My! you should have started with that...oh my baby!" Scarlet exclaimed then ran out of the room.

"Over here," Catarina said when Scarlet made the wrong turn.

When she entered the room she ran straight to the bed and began placing kisses on Sofia's forehead.

"Hey baby," Sofia said with tears running down her face, seeing her daughter's eyes open after what seemed like an eternity brought immense joy to her heart, she couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

"Mummy," Sofia said.

"Oh baby.. mummy has missed you so much," Scarlet said.

"Don't cry mummy I've missed you too" Sofia said softly.

"Shhhh baby you need to preserver the little strength you have ok," Scarlet said and placed kisses on Sofia's forehead once more.

"We need to clean her up then get her something to eat" Catarina said.

Sofia looks at Catarina and then at her mum.

"Oh Sofia this is Catarina your doctor...she's been treating you for some days now" Scarlet said.

"Where's Daddy?" Sofia asked.

Scarlet let out a breath then held Sofia's hands and placed kisses on her hands.

"Well Daddy isn't here for now...but we would see your daddy in a few days okay," Scarlet said.

"Where are we, mummy?" Sofia asked.

"On a beautiful island I can't wait to show it to you" Scarlet said.

"Can Grandpa find us here too?" Sofia asked.

Scarlet looked at everyone in the room and then gave Sofia a small smile.

"Don't think about that now princess the most important thing is for you to get better okay...that's all that matters okay?" Scarlet said.

"Sure," Sofia said.

"Hello Sofia," Catarina said.

"Hi doctor thank you for treating me" Sofia said.

"Oh my love ill do it again in a heartbeat...you are such a strong child....thank you for being amazing" Catarina said with a warm smile on her face.

"Thank you Catarina...thank you so much...thank you" Scarlet said.

"You welcome Scarlet..... since she's awake now I'll be removing the feeding tube then you can clean her up," Catarina said.

"Sure...I'll step out for a while baby so the doctor can take care of you okay?" Scarlet said to Sofia then placed a kiss on her forehead then left the room.

Scarlet let out a breath the minute she closed the door, for the first time in a long while she felt true happiness it was as if all her burdens have been lifted, Sofia was better now and that's all the motivation she needed to face this world now.

"Heard your daughter is awake," Xavier said behind Scarlet startling her.

"OH, My!!" Scarlet screamed.

Xavier stared at her with a raised brow and his hands crossed on his chest, he was bewildered by her reaction it was almost comical to him.

"Don't sneak up on me ever again?" Scarlet said.

"I didn't sneak up on you, you're just being comical right now," Xavier said.

Scarlet scoffed and then turned away from him, he was the last person she wanted to speak to at the moment.

"You still haven't answered my question," Xavier said.

As Scarlet turned to answer him the door was pulled open by one of the nurses who beckoned on Scarlet to come in as the procedure was done, Quickly she entered the room and was so glad when she saw Sofia in a sitting position with nothing attached to her.

"You can clean her up now and feed her maybe go out later to show her around...we'll give you both time to be alone, if you need anything call me," Catarina said and left the room and everyone followed suit.

"How do you feel?" Scarlet asked Sofia as she got on the bed with her.

"Fine mommy," Sofia said and wrapped her arms around her mum.

"I love you baby and I promise to always protect you okay," Scarlet said and placed a kiss on Sofia's forehead.

"Okay it's time to clean you up and feed you, I'll be right back," Scarlet said.

Scarlet picked up the bowl of warm water that Catarina and the nurses prepared for her with a soap and napkin, she placed the bowl beside Sofia and started cleaning her up cause she was already undressed, ten minutes later she was done, then she wore sofia afresh set of clothes and heleped her lie back on the bed, then she took the bowl of water to the restroom but hesitated to open it when she got to the door, she placed her hand on the door knob and took a deep breathe before pulling it open, since there was no way of telling is anyone was in the bathroom she squinteed her eyes just incase so she doesnt have another encounter like the last one, but thankfully no one was in the bathroom, so quickly she poured the bowl of water in the sink then washed the napkin and her hands afterwards, she took in her reflection in the mirrior when she was done, she had lost weight and was looking a little bit pale, her lips were a little parched thats when she reaslised that bought she and sofia were going through hell and no matter how long they hide in this island they'll still need to face reality, the reality of her father.

She sighed and then splashed water on her face to clear her thoughts, what was important at the moment was Sofia was awake and she needs her mum's love, care and support to make a full recovery and should be her top priority right now so she wiped her face and left the bathroom on entering the room she saw Xavier talking to Sofia and she was smiling from ear to ear, she stood there looking at them and it brought a kind of warmth to her heart. In an alternative universe Xavier looked like he would have made an awesome dad for Sofia cause for the first time in a while she saw a heartfelt smile on her daughter's face and it made her tear up a little.

"When do you plan on joining us?" Xavier said the looked up at Scarlet.

"Erm, I...I was enjoying the jokes" Scarlet said and wiped the tear on her face quickly then came over to the bed to join them.

"Hey, Mommy my doctor said he will take me on a horseback ride when I get better and I can't wait"Sofia said excitedly.

"Ohh I never knew there were horses on the island" Scarlet said her eyes on Xavier.

"Well there's a lot of things you don't know" Xavier said as he held her gaze.

Just staring into his eyes made Scarlet heart skip a beat, she was sure her cheeks were turning red already so she looked away and faced her daughter, she had to put whatever this attraction to this man was on a tight leash else she might do something she would regret.

"Okay, Sofia time to eat" Scarlet said then went over to where the tray of food was to pick what she would give her.

"Mummy, can I go downstairs with Doctor Xavier when I am done eating please?" Sofia said.

"Why? You just met him"Scarlet said and continued picking the food.

"Cause I want to see the island," Sofia said.

"Sure baby but you have to rest first maybe you could do that tomorrow "Scarlet said then turned but was startled by Xavier behind her which made her drop the plate of food luckily for them Xavier caught it on time.

"Why??..... What the hell.......heavens Xavier" Scarlet said.

"I was right behind you all this while, not my fault you didn't notice it, Scarlet," Xavier said with a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"Ah....what the hell do you think you are doing?" Scarlet whispered.

Having him so close to her was messing with her senses again, it was like she was wrapped up in his scent and there was no escape, she took a step back but rolled her eyes when her bum came in contact with the food trail handle, which meant there was nowhere to go, she was trapped and this devilishly handsome man knew that with the way his eyes was fixated on her unwavering, he knew exactly what he was doing, and since he towered over her petite frame there was no saving her from him.

"You were avoiding me" Xavier leaned down to her ear and whispered.

Scarlet's breathing became heavy as his warm breath fanned her ear, his minty breath mixed with his musky scent was intoxicating and dulling her senses, it was like breathing him in with every breath she took and it was dangerous for her, but she would be damned if she ever let him know what his presence was doing to her.

"Not in front of the child" Scarlet said then looked him in the eye.

They both held eye contact for a few minutes, Xavier was basking in the beauty of scarlets eyes while Scarlet was getting lost in his eyes, his eyes had a kind of warmth that was comforting in a way, the way he looked at her made her feel seen and safe in a way, they said the eyes are the window to the soul and if what she was seeing right now was his soul then she was sure that she was going to get lost in this man's world soon and there was no saving her.

"Scarlet" Xavier said as his gaze travelled from her eyes to her lips.

"Mum?" Sofia said snapping the two of them out of the moment they were having. Quickly Scarlett collected the plate of food from Xavier and went to the bed where Sofia was.

"Yes, baby," Scarlet said.

"Mum do....do you..." Sofia stuttered as her eyes went from her mum to the doctor.

"Yes, baby what is it?" Scarlet said.

"YOU...You don't like daddy anymore You like the doctor Now" Sofia said.

"HUH?"

************************************************************************************************* ROMAN&SCARLETT

THANKS FOR READING!!

We're back!! so sorry I had to take a break from writing to handle some issues going on in my life, not though everything isn't settled yet I just had to update for my amazing readers, thanks to everyone who sent me a message on Wattpad and Instagram, i love you all!!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and who else is excited to see how Xavier and Scarlet's relationship bloom? or are you forever rooting for Scarlet and Roman?

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 14 30
Adrián De Leon runs the biggest criminal organization in Chicago. Having allies forged by blood while others through friendships he stays on top as K...
31.3K 1.4K 33
Jamie Ashanti Robinson had worked hard to get where she is being a young black lawyer in New York when an opportunity arises to let loose and have fu...
64.2K 2K 26
~Completed~ "Why are you being so shy?" He whispered. "I've seen, kissed, tasted every inch of your body. There is nothing to hide." I averted my e...
243K 5.6K 144
You're a lawyer who used to be a top model when growing up. You stopped modeling to finish school and start your law career. Until one client makes y...