𝒟𝒾𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝐼𝐼

By SimplySafs

The lights were dimming, the city was quiet, and the nights were reserved in good old New York City! The Big... More

💎 𝒟𝒾𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝐼𝐼 💎
𝒮𝒾𝓁𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒𝒹
𝒯𝓌𝑜 𝐹𝒶𝒸𝑒𝒹
𝒞𝓎𝓃𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝒶𝓃𝑒
𝑀𝓊𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈
𝒪𝓊𝓇 𝐿𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉
𝒟𝑒𝓁𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈
𝑅𝑒𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹
𝒰𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒩𝑒𝓌𝓈
𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒦𝑒𝓎
𝒰𝓃𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅𝓅𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒
𝒰𝓃𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒
𝒮𝓊𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒
𝒪𝓃𝑒 𝒯𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽, 𝒪𝓃𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝑒
𝐵𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝓊𝓅𝓈 & 𝑀𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓊𝓅𝓈
𝒢𝑜𝓁𝒹𝑒𝓃 𝐻𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒪𝓁𝒹 𝐹𝓁𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈
𝒮𝑜𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒
𝐻𝒾𝓇𝒶𝑒𝓉𝒽
𝐸𝓅𝒾𝓅𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓎
𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉𝓈
𝒯𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓈
𝑅𝑒𝒹𝑒𝓂𝓅𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
𝒮𝒾𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒮𝒶𝒸𝓇𝒾𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒𝓈
𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝐵𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹
𝐻𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒𝓃 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉
𝑀𝒶𝓁𝓋𝒶𝒹𝒶
𝒱𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈
𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐻𝒶𝓁𝒻
𝒜𝓂𝑜𝓇 𝐹𝒶𝓉𝒾
Xoxo, Saf💋

𝐵𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝑀𝓊𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇

49 6 14
By SimplySafs

Death.

Death was all Kai wanted to feel the moment he laid eyes on Kazuya.

"K-kai? Are y-you real?" Kazuya said shakily.

Kai couldn't believe it.

The entire world shook beneath his feet as Kazuya eyed him in tears.

He couldn't be here.

He couldn't.

"KAI! YOU'RE HERE! LEONARDO WASN'T LYING!" Kazuya exclaimed.

Kai tensed and took a few steps back.

Despite it being almost a decade since his disappearance, Kai was still afraid.

Yeah, he wasn't the same twenty year old man as before, but Kai still knew.

He still knew the pain Kazuya made him feel.

He still felt the damage Kazuya inflicted upon him.

Kai was a changed man in every way possible but when it came Kazuya, he had no choice but to hide in the shell he spent years trying to break.

"Kai? Why aren't you speaking? Are you alright? Where's Kenji?" Kazuya asked curiously.

"Shut up. I'm leaving this hellhole anyway, so there's no point in trying to sway me to stay. And Kenji? Kenji doesn't give a shit about you." Kai spat.

Kazuya tensed upon hearing Kai's voice for the first time.

It wasn't quiet like before.

It was strong, laced with power.

Just like Kazuya had always taught him.

"That's my son right there! Where have you been? The entire yakuza has been awaiting your arrival! Tell me Kai!" Kazuya said happily.

Kai rolled his eyes at Kazuya's statement.

They weren't friends.

"I'm not your son. Goodbye." Kai huffed before walking away.

Kazuya's eye twitched the moment Kai walked out.

Kai was his son.

A son had to help his father.

So why the hell was Kai acting like he was the father?

"KAI, GET BACK HERE! I AM YOUR FATHER, AND YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME!" Kazuya shouted.

Kai scoffed and continued to walk out of the house while Kazuya's anger only increased.

Kazuya quickly ran after Kai, though Kai remained silent the entire time.

His silence was killing Kazuya until Kai finally made it to the door, saying one thing.

"Rot in hell."

Kazuya tensed at Kai's words.

How dare his own son speak of him in such a manner?

Kazuya knew how to deal with a disobedient child, time and time again.

It was something he knew well, especially towards Kai.

Kazuya pulled a knife out of his pocket and threw it straight at Kai's back.

"S-SHIT!" Kai groaned.

Kazuya smirked and walked over to Kai before pulling him by the hair and speaking.

"Don't ever think you can run from me again. Training starts today, White Warrior."

Kai held back the tears in his eyes as Kazuya pierced the knife deeper into his back.

After all this time, Kazuya was still the same.

The same psychotic man Kai swore to never become.

*****************
Tokyo Japan, 1989

The blood splattered floors and tobacco scent seemed to make the room less homey, but to the Asahi children, it was home.

Kenji shakily scrubbed the blood off of the floor while Kaya sat beside Kai in tears, wondering if Oto San would do the same to her.

"K-kai? Are you okay?" Kaya said shakily.

The silence in the dark room was suffocating and Kai's eyes only added to the sultry, darkness of the night.

"He can't. He won't. NO! HE CAN'T! HE CAN'T DO THAT RIGHT KAYA!" Kai shouted.

Both Kenji and Kaya tensed in confusion until Kai pulled Kaya's shirt and shouted once more.

"RIGHT KAYA? HE CAN'T DO THAT!" Kai shouted in anger.

Kaya's eyes watered at Kai's action and she soon began to sob at her brother's strange behavior.

She was in fact, nothing but a mere eight year old.

Kenji quickly pulled Kaya away from Kai and touched Kai's head in comfort.

Whatever Kazuya said and did messed up Kai badly.

And even though Kazuya said and did loads of things to Kai, this was different.

Extremely different.

"Kai. What did Oto San say to you? Why did he whip you?" Kenji asked curiously.

Kai shakily sighed and touched the small necklace on his neck as he thought of the hours before.

"I told him I'd run away. And never come back."

8 hours earlier....

"You're stupid." Sora giggled.

Kai smiled and grabbed her arm before pulling her onto the chair alongside him.

The couple sneakily ran into a room with no security and savored their time together.

"It's not stupid to want you Sora. Let's run away together! Just me and you. Please? I'll give you the biggest diamond in the world once we get out of here!" Kai said happily.

Sora giggled once more and kissed Kai gently as he held her in his arms.

It was so hard for them to be alone since the entire Asahi home watched Kai's every move.

Kai had just completed his training for the day and Hiroshi, Sora's father allowed her to stay at the Asahi home.

"If we're ever separated, can you please remember me? Will you always love me?" Sora asked tearfully,

"We're never going to be separated Sora. Ever. Don't ever say that again, okay? You'll be my wife one day. I can't wait to see you walking down the aisle. I can't wait for you to be Sora Asahi." Kai beamed.

Sora smiled widely at Kai's words and hugged him even tighter.

Even though it had been ten years since her mother's death, Sora was still hurting.

Kai was the only person who truly loved her all these years.

He was the reason why she continued to live.

Without Kai, Sora would have nothing.

And without Sora, Kai would have nothing.

"KAI? OTO SAN IS LOOKING FOR YOU!" Kenji shouted from the hallway.

Kai quickly sat up and pushed Sora behind him while Kazuya entered the room.

Hiroshi quickly followed after and Kenji ushered Sora come out.

"Why is Sora here? What were you guys doing?" Kazuya asked angrily.

Sora tensed and Kai pushed her behind him once more while Hiroshi watched in confusion.

Kazuya didn't hate Sora, but he did hate the relationship between Kai and her.

Despite Sora being Japanese and obeying him, Kazuya still didn't want Kai to marry Sora.

Because he already had someone in mind.

"Sorry Ojisan. I was just speaking to Kai about training." Sora said lowly.

"Good. I don't want you getting any ideas of my son Sora. Just because the two of you had a relationship when you were kids, doesn't mean it can continue now. Especially since Kai is engaged." Kazuya smirked.

Almost immediately, both Kai and Sora froze.

Last time Kai checked, he wasn't engaged.

"No I'm not. And I already told you that Sora and I are together! Stop ignoring it!" Kai hissed.

Kazuya chuckled and shook his head while Kenji watched in confusion.

Hiroshi mouthed an "I'm sorry" to Sora and Kenji stormed into the room in anger.

"Why do fuck with him so much? You just love to torture Kai, all day and night! Just be a normal dad for once. Please!" Kenji said tiredly.

The moment Kenji spoke, Kazuya was about to chuckle once more, although Katie walked in with two people.

Two people Kai didn't recognize.

It was a woman beside a older man who seemed to be her father, waiting beside Hiroshi.

"Kai. Meet your fiancé, Angelina Williams. Lucille's second daughter." Kazuya smirked.

Kai's jaw twitched at the word fiancé.

Hearing the word Lucille come out of Kazuya's mouth made Kai feel disgusted.

He hated Lucille.

She was the one who lead Kazuya on.

The entire war against the De Luca's was because of Lucille.

The reason why his mother was trapped in a marriage with Kazuya was because of Lucille.

And the main reason why Kai hated Lucille so much was because of the way she shot Valentina.

Kai remembered the day he saw Valentina's limp body and bloodied head painting the marble floors of the De Luca home.

He remembered the way Gabriella sobbed.

He remembered the scent of the gunpowder filling the air.

But most of all, he remembered Salvatore's reaction to the bloodied floors since he hid in the De Luca home.

Leonardo, who was only two years younger than him at the time was abandoned.

Nobody cared for the poor kid.

Kai felt bad for Leonardo.

Even though Kai didn't have the best father, he still had someone who cared.

But Leonardo?

Leonardo had no one.

"It's nice to meet you Kai. I'm Owen, Angelina's father. I've heard good things about you." Owen said happily.

Sora stiffened as she eyed Angelina's face.

She was pretty.

Really pretty.

Sora couldn't compete with someone like that!

"So? Are you going speak, Kai? Don't be rude, show her around!" Kazuya exclaimed.

Katie noticed Kai's discomfort and pulled Kenji closer to her, whispering.

"Go show Angelina the home. Kai is about to explode."

Kenji slowly nodded at Katie's words and quickly introduced himself to Angelina.

The entire room was silent, though Kazuya's anger shone above all as Kai decided not to utter a single word since the Williams arrived.

"Uh hi. I'm Kenji. Do you want to follow me?" Kenji said looking down.

Angelina smiled softly at Kenji's timid expression and slowly nodded.

She looked at Owen for permission and he gently nodded, making Kenji awkwardly tense in his spot.

Kenji wrapped Angelina's arm around his before they left the room and Angelina let out a deep breath in relief.

"I'm so glad you got me out of there! That was so awkward!" Angelina exclaimed.

Kenji's eyes widened as he heard Angelina's voice.

She seemed so chill?

"It's always awkward when it comes to Kai. I apologize if this sounds rude, but why do you want to marry Kai? He's not the best in the head." Kenji muttered lowly.

Angelina giggled once more and pulled Kenji into a random room before speaking.

"I don't want to marry him, but my dad insists. But between him and Leonardo De Luca, I think your brother is the better bet. He might be mentally unstable, but that's better than a giant man baby who needs you every second!"

Kenji nodded in confusion.

Despite there being an ongoing war between the Asahi's and De Luca's, Kenji still believed Leonardo was the better fit for Angelina.

He didn't know Leonardo personally, but Kenji had a feeling he was a lot more mentally stable, unlike Kai.

"Why not Leonardo? What's wrong with him?" Kenji asked curiously.

"What's wrong with Leonardo? He's a fucking De Luca! You know annoying the De Luca's are." Angelina smirked.

Kenji sighed and nodded in agreement while Angelina eyed him in curiosity.

For some strange reason, Kenji paid no attention to Angelina and refused to even look at her face.

Though Angelina knew it was a sign of respect, she couldn't help but smirk.

She wanted Kenji to look into her eyes.

"Look at me. It's rude to not maintain eye contact while speaking you know." Angelina smirked.

Despite Angelina's words, Kenji still looked down.

"You're my brothers fiancé. I wouldn't dare to look at you in the eye. You are not mine." Kenji said sternly.

Angelina stiffened at Kenji's statement.

He was so mature and respectful.

"What if I was your fiancé? Would you look at me then?" Angelina asked curiously.

Kenji sighed and rose his head before looking into Angelina's eyes and speaking.

"If you were my fiancé, I'd stare at you all day, to the point where all my dreams would be about you."

The moment Kenji spoke, Angelina stiffened once more.

Butterflies filled her stomach as Kenji walked her out of the room.

Now this was the Asahi she wanted to marry.

*************

"Kai? Why are you so silent?" Kazuya said as he held in his anger.

Owen watched the father and son eye each other in anger, feeling a sense of euphoria.

Making Angelina "marry" Kai would be the next best thing to possibly happen.

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU I'M MARRYING SORA! YOU KNOW HER FAMILY! YOUR PARTNER IS HER FATHER! WHY DON'T YOU WANT HER?" Kai said angrily.

Kazuya scoffed and eyed Sora up and down before speaking.

"I know what's best for you. Hiroshi has nothing to offer, just like Sora. She's skinny and I'm sure she can't give you any children. Her father's income is dependent on me. IF I FIRE HIM, THAN SORA WILL HAVE NOTHING! Do you understand Kai? SORA TANAKA IS USELESS!" Kazuya sneered.

Both Sora and Hiroshi stiffened in their spot.

How dare Kazuya belittle them after they were here for him, all these years?

Kai turned to Sora with teary eyes and tried to hug her, although she pushed him away and ran out of the room.

Hiroshi quickly followed after, leaving Kai, Owen, Kazuya, and Katie in the room.

"YOU BITCH!" Kai spat.

Kazuya chuckled and turned to Owen before mouthing, "he's mental."

Katie tensed as she saw Kazuya's gesture.

The reason why Kai was the way he is now, is all because of Kazuya.

Enough was enough.

All Katie wanted was for her children to be happy.

Being forced into a marriage was something Katie knew well.

She would never, ever put her son through the same fate as her.

It was time.

"Hey Owen? There's tea being served in the living room! Kazuya and I will join you after!" Katie said smiling.

Owen nodded in understanding and glanced at Kai one last time before saying something under his breath.

"You're the perfect pawn, young Kai."

Owen left the room and shut the door, leaving Kai, Katie, and Kazuya all alone.

Kazuya sighed in relief that Owen wasn't here to see his dysfunctional son again and stood beside Katie in anger.

"Katie, tell this boy he has to marry Angelina for the sake of the Yakuza." Kazuya smirked.

Katie tensed but nodded in understanding while Kai's eyes watered.

His own mother was agreeing to this insanity?

"M-mom how c-could you?" Kai said tearfully.

Katie shrugged her shoulders and quietly pulled a knife out of her back pocket as the door opened from behind her.

She aimed the knife towards Kazuya's back and was about to stab him, until someone shouted from the door,

"KAZUYA, WATCH OUT!" Hiroshi shouted.

Almost immediately, Kazuya grabbed Katie's hand and twisted it back, making her scream in pain.

"MOM!" Kai shouted angrily.

Kazuya huffed at Katie's betrayal and removed the knife from her hand before aiming it at her heart.

Kai's eyes widened as Kazuya menacingly stared into Katie's frightened eyes.

"Now that Kai is getting married, he'll provide an heir. You know what that means? I don't need you anymore!" Kazuya smirked.

Katie tearfully shook her head as Kai watched in fear.

Kazuya was about to lunge the knife into Katie's chest, until Kai quickly ran over and pushed him off.

No one could ever hurt his mother.

Especially not Kazuya!

"YOU FUCKER! YOU'RE THE WORST SON TO EVER LIVE!" Kazuya hissed. 

Kai huffed and tried pulling the knife away from Kazuya but it seemed as though the knife was glued to his hand.

Kazuya pushed Kai off of his body and tried to stab Katie once more, though Kai quickly stood in front of her before he could.

"Well well well, who should I get rid of today? My deranged wife, or mentally ill son?" Kazuya smirked.

"ME! DO IT TO ME!" Katie sobbed.

Kai shook his head and pushed Katie even further behind him.

"Do it to me. I am the worst son to ever live, aren't I?" Kai smirked.

Kazuya chuckled at Kai's statement and threw the knife out of the window.

Killing his son and wife wasn't worth it.

At least not now.

"Thank you so much Kaz! I'll never do that again, I promise." Katie exclaimed.

Kazuya nodded in agreement and ushered Katie out of the room before shutting the door.

Kai stood there confused.

Why would he just let Katie go?

"What's going on?" Kai asked confused.

Kazuya smirked and pulled out a whip before speaking.

"Your mom has every right to want to murder me. I've put her through hell and back. But you? You have no reason. Marry Angelina and I won't hurt good people any longer."

Kai shakily sighed and touched the necklace Sora gifted him all those years ago.

He didn't want to marry Angelina.

He wanted Sora.

But if marrying Angelina meant that Kazuya would stop hurting his family, Kai would oblige.

As much as it hurt, Kazuya was right.

Kai really was mental.

And Sora didn't deserve a mental husband.

"Deal. I'll marry her, only if you uphold your side of the agreement. But, I'm leaving with her. And I'm never coming back." Kai said sternly.

Kazuya chuckled before hitting Kai with whip on his back.

"W-what are you d-doing? You said you wouldn't h-hurt anyone!" Kai said confused.

Kazuya smirked and hit Kai once more before uttering a single statement.

"I said I wouldn't hurt good people any longer, remember?"

Kai's eyes watered as Kazuya repeatedly hit him with the whip.

He'd never win.

Or at least when Kazuya was alive.

***************

In a matter of seconds, the De Luca's were celebrating their family.

And in a blink of an eye, they were all fighting for their lives.

"BELLA!" Leonardo shouted in the midst of chaos.

Both Salvatore and Leonardo tried their best to get through the crowd, and Mina was nowhere to be seen.

"EVERYONE, HEAD TO THE OPENING ON THE RIGHT! ONE BY ONE OR THE ENTIRE HOME WILL COLLAPSE EVEN FURTHER! CHILDREN GO FIRST!" Emiliano shouted.

Almost immediately, Gabriella ushered Jace, Tommy, Alessia, and Antonio out of the small hole as the entire crowd was in chaos.

The bomb only hit one side of the house, but the damage was quickly spreading to the other side.

"CARLO? ANGELO? SOFIA? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Salvatore shouted worriedly.

Angelo groaned as he held Sofia in a tight hug since he grabbed her moments before the bomb exploded.

Though Sofia was angry only moments ago, she wanted to tear up at the De Luca's kindness.

Angelo saved her from being blown up.

Not even her own brother would do something like that.

"Hey g-guys? I can't b-breathe." A voice said from the door.

Salvatore teared up as he heard Carlo's voice and tried crawling towards him, although the house began caving in.

"OKAY EVERYONE, OUT FAST! THE WOMEN HAVE ALREADY GONE! GO GO GO!" Emiliano yelled.

One by one all the men crawled out of the small shaft in the back, while Salvatore hauled an almost unconscious Carlo towards the opening.

After every single man left, only Emiliano and Leonardo remained.

"WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG LEO? WE GOTTA GO!" Emiliano said frantically.

"DID AMINA LEAVE? WAS BELLA WITH HER?" Leonardo said worriedly.

Emiliano sighed and shook his head, making Leonardo tear up.

There was no way he lost both Mina and Bella.

"I have to find them. I can't leave." Leonardo said shakily.

Emiliano shook his head and grabbed Leonardo's arm.

Without Leonardo, the De Luca mafia would be no more.

Without Leonardo, Emiliano wouldn't have someone to annoy.

Without Leonardo, Mina and Bella's name would not go on.

The roof caved in even more, suffocating

"Y-YOU CAN'T! PLEASE LEO!" Emiliano sobbed.

Leonardo shook his head once more until he heard a voice calling to him from outside.

"We're safe Leo. We're safe." Mina said gently.

Almost immediately, both Leonardo and Emiliano crawled out of the small shaft and watched as the home crumbled into nothingness.

Leonardo teared up the moment he saw Mina and Bella unscathed and quickly ran into their arms in comfort.

"HOW? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?" Leonardo said in disbelief.

Mina sighed as she thought about her escape from the home.

Mina's mother instincts kicked in the moment Carlo took the bomb and she quickly ran upstairs, grabbing Bella out of her crib to shield the small baby from the debris.

The bedroom was on the other side of the home where the bomb didn't touch which gave Mina some time to escape.

Mina quickly grabbed a few of Bella's belongings and ran into closet to see what she needed.

In front of her was the beautiful purple diamond necklace Gabriella gifted her all those years back and two small rings.

The two small rings were Mina and Leonardo's rings back in Vegas.

Though the smarter thing was to forget the jewelry, Mina's heart couldn't take it.

Those pieces of jewelry meant so much to her.

After Mina scooped the jewelry, she picked up a small kitab until she heard cracking coming from the roof.

"Shit." Mina said angrily.

Mina quickly wrapped Bella into her chest and opened the window to her bed room.

Jumping out of the window and into a bush was extremely risky, especially with a baby on board.

But, being crushed to death by the roof definitely seemed a lot worse.

Mina took a deep breath and kissed Bella's head before whispering one thing to herself.

"Ya Allah, please make sure I don't turn into pasta sauce when I jump out."

In one quick jump, Mina held Bella tight and landed in the bush on her back.

"Yay mama!" Bella cooed.

Mina groaned in pain before the roof caved into the home.

Whoever did this would pay.

Mina was sure of it.

***************

Everyone from the gala watched in tears as the home crumbled to the ground.

That beautiful home was now in pieces all because someone hated the De Luca's so.

"Where are we going to live now? There's nowhere left for us! I can't believe I'm sayin this, but we lost. WE LOST!" Gabriella sobbed.

Salvatore sighed and pulled Gabriella into his chest while Mina placed Bella into Leonardo's arms.

She didn't care if these people hated her.

Because if no one stood up, then Mina would.

"I know the perfect place for us." Mina said gently.

"Oh shut up, you don't know anything!" Someone shouted from the crowd.

Leonardo huffed and was about to speak, although Mina pushed him aside before he could.

She was a grown woman who could fight her own battles.

Especially from a bunch of ignorant dummies.

Mina angrily stormed over to what was left of her home and began speaking.

"THIS IS MY HOME! I'M THE ONE WHO LOST MY HOME! I AM LEONARDO'S WIFE AND NO ONE CAN SPEAK AGAINST ME BECAUSE I AM THE MOLL. I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, BUT I MAKE THE RULES AROUND HERE. THE ERA OF VALENTINA AND SALVATORE IS OVER. IT'S MINA AND LEONARDO NOW."

Half of the crowd gasped at Mina's forwardness while the other scoffed even more.

"How dare you defy the great Salvatore and Valentina like this? Salvatore is ashamed of you!" Someone huffed.

Mina tensed as she made eye contact with Salvatore.

She was still unsure if he liked her or not.

The entire crowd turned to Salvatore for approval, hoping he'd embarrass Mina.

As sad as it was, Salvatore knew the time of him and Valentina was long gone.

It was time for a change and Mina was the perfect for it.

"A new era has come. Mina and Leonardo are your leaders now. Don't you dare defy the great, Amina Ali." Salvatore smirked.

Mina gently smiled at Salvatore's words as Leonardo walked beside her.

Though majority of the crowd despised the fact that Mina was their superior, they had no choice but to accept it.

"Hey Mina? What's your first rule of action?" Gabriella smirked.

"A finger from everyone. No one leaves unscathed." Mina said sternly.

The entire crowd burst in shock at Mina's first order, while Leonardo watched proudly.

Now that was a reason he married Mina.

She was a leader, just like all the people Leonardo loved most were.

"Hey bella? Where are we going now?" Leonardo asked curiously.

Mina smiled and turned to Leonardo before gently whispering into his ear.

"It's a place we know well, caro. Any guesses?"

Leonardo smirked and stared into Mina's glossy brown eyes.

The place they were going was somewhere Mina and Leonardo knew very well.

In fact, they were going to very place Mina and Leonardo met.

Good ol Las Vegas Nevada!

***************

"It's stupid! We're going in a suicide mission!" Sora scoffed.

Denise sighed and face planted onto the couch in exhaustion while Kenji packed several bags.

"You're right Sora. Something is off about Morgan. I don't think we should go straight to Japan without a plan." Kenji said tiredly.

Both Sora and Denise nodded in understanding as Sora stared into the mirror.

Since her arrival in the States, Sora changed drastically both mentally and physically.

She was a lot stronger than before and maintained a great balance between her past struggles and experiences.

After having Naomi and Nico, Sora gained weight.

Being called skinny her entire life was something Sora hated so very much.

Since she gained weight and looked healthier, Sora's confidence was over the roof.

But something was still off.

Sora thought about how several people would recognize her in Japan.

She thought about what she could do in order to stay undercover.

"Denise? I need your help with something." Sora smirked.

"If I have to get off the couch, then count me out." Denise groaned.

Kenji chuckled at Denise's words and opened up a suitcase.

The suitcase was filled with real gold jewelry, a few notes, and a giant dress.

The giant dress Mina wore on her wedding to Kai.

"Oh god, I remember that dress! That's Mina's wedding dress! Her old wedding dress." Denise said awkwardly.

Sora softly sighed and pushed the suitcase towards Kenji.

"I know this sounds stupid, but take it to the Valentina hotel and tell Rebecca it's a package for Leonardo. Mina deserves her things back." Sora said gently.

As much as Kenji wanted to stay out of the spotlight, he nodded in agreement.

It had been almost two years since he went to the Valentina Hotel.

Perhaps it was finally time to go back to where it all began.

"If I'm going to the hotel, who's going to watch the kids?" Kenji asked curiously.

Sora smirked and handed Kenji the baby bag and keys before speaking.

"You are! Now if you'll excuse us, we have a hair appointment! Right Denise?" Sora smirked.

Denise confusedly nodded while the twins happily jumped into their uncle's arms.

Hopefully everything would go well.

At the hotel, and Sora's salon trip.

***************

Though Mina and Leonardo previously spoke about getting a finger from everyone, they truly didn't mean it.

Instead, they sent everyone on their way home to Sicily, bringing the true De Luca's to their "new home."

Both Mina and Leonardo rode their private jet from New York and stayed in the small room alongside Bella.

"You know, this reminds me of the day we came to New York. It's so strange how we're going back to where we started, don't you think amor?" Leonardo said gently.

Mina tensed and remained silent as she stared at the city below her.

It really did feel like that day.

The only thing was last time, they were moving to New York, hoping for safety.

But this time, they were running.

Running from danger that followed them wherever they went.

"Amina? Why are you ignoring me? Are you mad at me?" Leonardo asked gently.

"I'm upset. I'm disappointed in you. And you know why Leo." Mina muttered.

Leonardo confusedly shrugged and placed Bella onto the bed before wrapping his arms around Mina.

Though he though it'd comfort her, Mina removed his arms and continued to stare at the window.

"I don't know why bella. Please, tell me what I did!" Leonardo groaned.

Mina sighed and turned to Leonardo in tears.

"You said you'd take care of me. You said you'd keep me safe. You said you'd give me the world. I knew it wouldn't be perfect, but I didn't know it'd be like this! THEY HURT ME LEO! YOUR PEOPLE HURT ME! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL WHEN NO ONE ACCEPTS ME? THIS FEELS LIKE MY OLD LIFE AGAIN! THE LIFE YOU PROMISED TO GET ME OUT OF!" Mina shouted tearfully.

Leonardo tensed and glanced at Mina's teary eyes.

This was the reason why Leonardo wanted to keep her hidden.

To keep her safe from the mafia world, Leonardo had to hide her.

As suffocating as it was, he had no choice.

And as beautiful as their love story was, everything always has it's downsides.

They were from two different worlds.

There was a reason why they had an unlikely romance.

Because the two of them didn't correlate with one another.

Mina was living a simple, quiet life.

But she craved danger.

Leonardo was living a dangerous, deadly life.

But he craved comfort.

Maybe in another world, Leonardo and Mina were perfect for each other, without the De Luca last name.

For they could never let each other go, but it seemed as though that was what the world was telling them.

"Then let's run." Leonardo said lowly.

Mina perked a brow in confusion at Leonardo's statement.

"Run where?" Mina asked confused.

"Run away with me. No matter where we are in the world, as long as we're together, then we'll be okay. Run with me, Amina." Leonardo said gently.

Mina sighed and pushed Leonardo away.

His mind was crazy sometimes!

"We can't run Leo! We're running away right now! I j-just feel like we're the problem. You and I together. I love you with all my heart, but you can't keep me safe. You love me with all your heart, but I can't keep you happy. Ever since I came into your life, bad things have happened. Maybe we're not meant for each other after a-all." Mina sobbed.

Leonardo's entire arm went numb as Mina spoke.

As much as he wanted to argue her point, Leonardo knew it was the truth.

He couldn't give her the world.

And that was something that would hurt Leonardo forever.

"W-what are you saying, Amina? Y-you want to leave me?" Leonardo said tearfully.

Mina shakily sighed and shook her head.

She'd never leave him.

That would hurt her till the end of time.

"We need a break Leo. I know it'll hurt, but you need your family and I need mine. If you don't want us to take a break, then say it. I'll stay with you." Mina said softly.

Leonardo tensed and glanced at his ring in sadness.

He really did need his family's comfort right now.

Although, Mina was also his family.

How could he let her go after all they went through?

"No. We're not taking a break from each other. A break will only drive a wedge between us. I know I can't give you the world, but I can give you my love. C-can that be e-enough?" Leonardo sobbed.

Mina sighed and wiped her tears away before jumping into Leonardo's arms.

They could never take a break from each other since they'd always come back running into each other's arms.

"You know, you're my light in the darkness." Mina said softly.

Leonardo tearfully nodded and stroked Mina's head before speaking.

"And you're my Diamond. I'd never, ever let my Diamond go."

Mina blushed at Leonardo's comment and hugged him even tighter.

Maybe the reason why tragedy kept striking was because of how far apart they were.

Maybe going back to Vegas would make them stronger.

"Enough with mushy kisses! We're in Vegas!" Gabriella said from the door.

Both Mina and Leonardo chuckled at Gabriella's comment.

No more maybes.

For now, Mina and Leonardo would remain stronger than ever.

Especially since in a couple of hours, both Mina and Leonardo would face a life changing event.

The only downside?

It wouldn't be a positive life changing event.

*************

"How fucking dare you. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF?" Kenji said in disbelief.

Sora shrugged and wrapped her finger around her new blonde locks she got done only hours ago at the salon.

"I was thinking the same thing! You don't look like Sora! What do you think Kai will say?" Denise asked curiously.

Sora shrugged once more and tried picking up both twins, although they didn't seem to like their mom's new appearance.

Though Sora didn't fully like her new hair, she knew it'd be the perfect disguise for Japan!

In Japan, once people saw blonde hair they assumed the person was American.

And in Japan, no one liked to mingle with anyone but their own people.

"Okay guys, let's head to the hotel now! We have to get there before Morgan comes back from New York! Now come on!" Sora exclaimed.

Both Kenji and Denise nodded in understanding and loaded up the car, driving straight to the Valentina hotel.

Since the hotel was almost three hours away from Sora's tiny apartment the group didn't arrive until nighttime.

The opening door of the hotel was quite crowded, so the group decided to go from the back.

Worst idea ever.

"OH MY GOD." Denise gasped.

Sora and Kenji covered the twins eyes as the door opened.

There were a group of men hauling a body out of the hotel.

A dead body.

*******************

Coming back to the Valentina hotel was truly emotional, especially for Leonardo and Mina.

"We have to change the name of this suite. Fuck the Angie 74!" Gabriella scoffed.

Mina giggled at Gabriella's words and felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist.

Gabriella jokingly gagged while Mina and Leonardo giggled once more.

"Remember when I was kidnapped in the hallway? I hope that happens to Tommy!" Jace smirked.

Tommy scoffed and Gabriella angrily shook her head as they all watched a new movie that came out only days before.

"Hey, this movie gives me deja vu! What is called again Richie?" Gabriella asked curiously.

Richie grabbed the CD case and read the title on the back.

"It's called Rush Hour or something. And you're right honey, it does give me deja vu!" Richie exclaimed.

As the family watched the movie, Mina and Leonardo stayed in the closet alone and the men stayed downstairs, possibly drinking.

"We can't do anything right now Leo! There's people here!" Mina said shyly.

Leonardo groaned in annoyance and heard a voice from the TV before jumping.

"Is that Jack?" Leonardo said annoyed.

"NO, IT'S CARTER!" Jace shouted from afar.

Both Mina and Leonardo shrugged their shoulders in confusion at Jace's words until Leonardo pulled Mina closer.

It has been so long since they had time to themselves and after the talk on the plane, Mina and Leonardo were all over each other.

"I can't believe you found my Uncle Carlo, amor. Sometimes I don't even know how I married such a badass." Leonardo smirked.

Mina giggled and gently kissed Leonardo's cheek as Gabriella laughed loudly in the room beside them.

"You and me, Diamond room now. And remember, I love it when you wear black." Leonardo said cheekily

Mina shyly blushed and pushed Leonardo out of the closet before finding her favorite black dress.

It was tight, revealing, and sultry just like Leonardo liked.

Even though they were crying only hours before, Mina and Leonardo were as happy as ever.

After tonight, Mina and Leonardo decided to take a break from the mafia and live their lives like normal.

Since Mina's family hadn't moved to Pakistan just yet, Leonardo decided that it'd be great to surprise them the next day.

But for now, Mina and Leonardo would enjoy a nice calm night together to ease all the stress.

Mina quickly slipped on the dress and fixed her hair while Gabriella walked into the closet in shock.

"Yup, that's the ass you inherited from me! Getting ready for a night with Leo?" Gabriella smirked.

Mina giggled and nodded before posing for Gabriella to judge.

"How do I look? Am I as hot as you?" Mina smirked.

"Nobody will eva be as hot as me Mina, but you're pretty close! Leo will melt into fucking shit when he sees you! Now go, I want another niece!" Gabriella said smugly.

Mina giggled once more and kissed Gabriella's cheeks before heading to the Diamond room.

She put on a hijab and abaya to cover her body, hoping Leonardo would appreciate her outfit the moment he laid eyes on her.

The Diamond room was completely empty and Mina quickly removed her hijab, getting ready for Leonardo's arrival.

(TW, assault)

The elevator door opened and Mina quickly turned around.

She couldn't wait to see Leonardo's reaction to her outfit.

Mina heard footsteps walking towards her and soon felt Leonardo's arms wrap around her waist.

"You like my outfit?" Mina smirked.

"Yeah, you look sexy." The voice replied.

Mina tensed the moment she heard the voice.

This wasn't Leonardo?

It was...

"MARCELLO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" Mina scoffed.

Marcello scoffed and removed his arms from Mina before eyeing her body up and down.

"Wow, no wonder you keep your body hidden! But did you really dress up for Leonardo? His people literally hurt you and you're still dressing up for that man? You deserve better Mina." Marcello sighed.

Mina scoffed and tried picking up her hijab, although Marcello threw it across the room before she could.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE ME!" Mina said angrily.

Marcello huffed and pushed Mina to the wall, admiring her face.

Mina tried pushing him away, but he was just too big.

"Spend one night with me and I'll leave you alone. Please Mina! I can't hold it in anymore." Marcello said pleadingly.

"NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" Mina shouted.

Marcello rolled his eyes while Mina tried kicking him away.

What was wrong with him.

He hated her!

"YOU HATE ME! STOP BEING A WEIRDO! YOU'RE JUST SO DRUNK YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! PLEASE MOVE!" Mina said angrily.

Marcello scoffed and pinned Mina's arms to the wall in anger.

Why was she so dense?

"I never hated you. I want you Mina! You have to want me back!" Marcello said angrily.

Mina's eyes watered as Marcello pinned her against the wall.

This felt like Amir all over again!

"I don't want you. MY HUSBAND WILL HUNT YOU DOWN FOR DOING THIS! J-JUST PLEASE, MOVE!" Mina said shakily.

Marcello's jaw twitched at the word husband.

Even though Marcello was Leonardo's right hand man, Marcello hated him with all his guts.

Leonardo still complained despite having a wife waiting to comfort him and to succumb to his needs everyday.

"Say Leonardo's name one more time and you'll see. He can't make you feel the way I can." Marcello said angrily.

A tear fell from Mina's cheek and she spit in Marcello's face before uttering one name.

"Leonardo." Mina smirked.

Almost immediately, Marcello's eyes turned red and he smashed his lips onto Mina's, finally living his desires.

Mina tried pushing Marcello away, but there was no way.

Her hands were pinned to the wall.

"Mm- S-STOP!" Mina sobbed.

Marcello shook his head and removed his hands from Mina's arms.

Mina sighed in relief as Marcello removed his hands from her arms.

Perhaps the his drunkenness was finally wearing off!

Mina tried pushing Marcello off, although the only reason why he let go of her arms was because he lifted her body from the floor.

His hand slowly touched her thigh and Mina's heart dropped as she realized what was to come.

"M-MARCELLO YOU CAN'T! You're b-better than t-this! P-please s-stop!" Mina sobbed.

Marcello shook his head and unbuttoned his pants.

He was so close to achieving his ultimate desire.

And he definitely wouldn't give up now.

************

Leonardo smirked and fixed his hair as Mina waited downstairs for him in the Diamond room.

Just because he was the man, didn't mean he couldn't dress up for his wife as well!

He sprayed the Amina perfume all over his body and fixed his wedding ring before kissing Bella's head.

"Make sure Bella sleeps before ten! Mina and I won't be back for a while." Leonardo smirked.

Gabriella happily nodded and Leonardo headed out of the room, admiring the hotel.

The hotel was the same as Leonardo remembered, although this time it held so much more meaning.

Leonardo couldn't wait to spend time with Mina, even if they did nothing but lay in each others arms all day long.

He entered the elevator and pressed floor zero, otherwise known as the Diamond room.

The moment the elevator door opened, Leonardo expected to see Mina happily waiting for him.

But instead he was met with Marcello.

Assaulting his wife.

"PLEASE STOP MARCELLO! WHY ARE YOU D-DOING THIS?" Mina cried.

Leonardo's face reddened as he saw Marcello unbutton his pants.

This meant murder.

Mina's lip quivered as she heard the elevator door open.

There he was.

Her Prince Charming.

Marcello smirked since he was finally going to enjoy his night with Mina.

Although, it was incredibly short lived as Leonardo body slammed him to the floor.

"LEO!" Mina gasped.

Almost immediately, Marcello's punched Leonardo in the chest for ruining his moment with Mina.

"HOW DARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY WIFE? I TRUSTED YOU MARCELLO!" Leonardo said angrily.

Marcello scoffed and pushed Leonardo away.

He was sick and tired of Leonardo getting in the way every single damn time.

"YOU RUIN EVERYTHING, BITCH! RUN AWAY TO YOUR MOMMY! OH WAIT. I FORGOT!" Marcello chuckled.

Leonardo's jaw twitched and he lunged for Marcello.

The pair began angrily fighting while Mina quickly covered herself and hid in the corner.

Leonardo tripped Marcello and began choking him.

"LEO STOP, DON'T KILL HIM!" Mina shouted from afar.

Marcello smirked at Mina's words.

She still cared.

"She still w-wants me a-alive. H-how do you f-feel that M-Mina will be in m-my bed every night after this?" Marcello said in between chokes.

Leonardo perked a brow and confusion at Marcello's statement.

"What do you mean after this?" Leonardo said confused.

Marcello smirked and pulled out a gun, aiming at Leonardo's head.

Almost immediately, Mina's heart dropped and Leonardo froze.

"You won't." Leonardo threatened.

"Wanna bet?" Marcello smirked.

Leonardo tensed and stared at gun between his eyes before glancing at Mina.

What Leonardo was about to do was risky, but he had to.

He had to live for Mina.

Leonardo quickly grabbed the gun from Marcello's tight grip and aimed it at Marcello's chest.

Marcello chuckled at Leonardo's quick response and fished into his pocket once more.

Second by second, Mina's heart was racing.

But it raced even more the moment Marcello pulled a knife out and directed towards Leonardo's neck.

"LEO! WATCH OUT!" Mina shouted.

In an act of self defense and shock, Leonardo quickly pulled the trigger.

Marcello's hand went limp and the knife fell to the ground as blood seeped out of his chest.

Leonardo shakily dropped the gun and touched Marcello's paled face in shock.

There was no way he did that.

Leonardo De Luca, the infamous mafia don of New York, committed his first murder.

Hi friends!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

OMGOMGOMG.

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I uploaded!

But so much happened!!

I graduated high school 🥳

(Even tho I finished long ago, it was still really nice to put on a cap and gown!)

ALSO, I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED!

Ngl I knew Leonardo was going to murder Marcello since Marcello's first appearance.

Poor Kai. :(

And omg, I finally found out who my sister was!

In honor of this chapter, Sora is now a blonde.

BUT SHE WILL RETURN TO BLACK HAIR AT THE END OF THIS BOOK!

AND GUYS.

BasicEsha made a trailer of Mina's POV and it's so cute!!

Check it out here: https://youtu.be/i70LWE3SBls

She did such a good job so go send her some love!!

Anywho, what do you guys think will happen next?

I don't know when the next update will be but hopefully soon!

It's almost midnight and I've been writing for eight hours, but I hope I satisfied you all after this long wait!

Till next time!! XoxoSaf

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 777 37
His fingers brush up my skin, rolling my shirt up. His lips were on mine. His mouth travels from mine all the way down to my collarbone. "Luca." I m...
612 73 36
Rose Mendonsa- Struggle and hardwork is the only thing she has done in her 21 year old life. Running might be second. From her home, from her parents...
137K 2.5K 32
Isabella Moretti had been born in Italy with the Moretti's. Her Biological family. But one fateful night her Mum sneaks into her room while she's asl...
7.2K 96 51
This book can be read as a standalone, however, I advise you to read His Possession first. This would help you understand the context and not spoil t...