Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 2: A New Friend
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 4: Rock and Roll
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 21: A Living Legend
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 37: Viridian Secrets
Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 42: All Fired Up
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 7: Waterlogged

260 9 9
By Kenon96

After having assisted Wave in making new badges, Niko trains for his Cerulean City gym battle and the chance for Niko to earn his second Kanto gym badge.

Niko: All right, guys. Time to go. Niko said as he, Duplica, Poliwhirl & Ditto stood on a small bridge, watching over Eevee and Bulbasaur as they swim in the small river. Wave is gonna use Water types, so we gotta get you used to swimming. Duplica, can you and Ditto help out?

Duplica: You can count on us! Ready, Ditto?

Ditto: Ditto! (You know it!) Ditto transforms into Slowbro.

Slowbro?: Ditto.

Niko: Ok. Ditto and Poliwhirl both of you use Water Gun! Eevee and Bulbasaur try your best to dodge it. He instructed.

Poliwhirl and Ditto fire their water attacks. Bulbasaur and Eevee try their best to get out of the way. However, Bulbasaur got hit a few times. Eevee then began to speed up its swimming.

Duplica: Wow! Look at Eevee go.

Niko: Bulbasaur, use Razor Leaf! His Grass type launched them. Ditto and Poliwhirl narrowly dodge the attack. Perfect! If you can attack and swim at the same time, then we can win this!

Bulbasaur: Bulba! (That's right!)

Wave: I see you guys are as energetic as ever. They look to see the Gym leader, Wave.

Niko: Wave.

Daisy: Hey, Wave, is this the kid you were telling us about? The Sensational sisters arrive.

Duplica: Huh? Who are you three? Duplica asked.

Wave: Oh, the three of them are also Gym leaders, but they prefer doing water ballet more. Meet Daisy, Lily & Violet.

Lily: Hey, everyone!

Violet: Nice to meet you!

Daisy: What's up? They cheerfully said.

Wave: So, I see you're training for our Gym battle, eh, Niko? He approached the two in the river. Or are you two just having fun?

Eevee & Bulbasaur: Ee!/Saur!

Wave: But it'll take much more than just knowing how to swim to win. I sure hope you're ready, Niko.

Niko: Oh, I'm ready. To win.

Wave: I like that confidence. I think someone else feels the same. Wave pulls out a Pokéball.

Slowbro: Slow... (Hello)

Bulbasaur: Bulba! (It's Slowbro!) Bulbasaur runs over to see the Water type. Bulb! It growled.

Wave: Looks like Bulbasaur is ready to go.

Niko: I feel the same. Now, what say we get this battle on the way?

Wave: You read my mind. Ladies, can we use the Gym arena?

Daisy: Sure. We don't have any performances today, so the gym is all yours.

Lily: Plus, we wanna see how good you can battle. The group moves inside.

Duplica: Wow! This gym is so beautiful.

Daisy: I know, right? We perform here almost every day. It's so much fun.

Violet: Plus, Wave is really good in this kind of place.

Wave: Do one of you girls mind being referee?

Lily: I'll do it. Lily offered. The Cerulean Gym battle between Niko from Pallet Town and Wave of Cerulean City is about to begin! Wave suddenly got pumped up for his first Gyn battle as a Gym leader.

Wave: All right! I'm ready! Wave said full of energy.

Lily: The battle will be three-on-three. And when all three Pokémon on either side are unable to battle, the challenge is over. Also, only the challenger can substitute Pokémon.

Wave: As the Cerulean City Gym leader, it's my honor to welcome any challenge. Dive in, Tentacruel!

Tentacruel: Tenta.

Niko: A Tentacruel.

Pokédex: Tentacruel, the Jellyfish Pokémon. Its tentacles are normally kept short. On hunts, they are extended to ensnare and immobilize prey.

Niko: Poliwhirl, let's go!

Poliwhirl: Poli! (Ready!)

Duplica: Good luck, Poliwhirl!

Ditto: Ditto ditt! (We're rooting for you!)

Wave: You must be pretty confident using a Water type against me. But why not? This could be interesting.

Lily: Okay. Battle begin!

Niko: Poliwhirl, use Water Gun!

Poliwhirl: Poliwhirl! It fires its attack at Tentacruel, landing a direct hit.

Niko: All right, clean hit! Niko said glad, however, he then realized that attack had no effect. It didn't work!?

Duplica: But how?

Daisy: Wave's Tentacruel is really tough.

Violet: Yeah. I've seen him train with Tentacruel, so a Water Gun like that won't do much.

Wave: A Water type battling another Water type is a bad matchup. But that's not to say Tentacruel won't win! Go! Tentacruel dove underwater and headed toward Poliwhirl. Now, Poison Sting! Tentacruel surfaced and fired a multitude of poisoned needles.

Niko: Poliwhirl block them all with Mega Punch! Poliwhirl did so and launched a flurry of punches, knocking down all of them.

Wave: Grab it! Tentacruel used its tentacles to ensnare Poliwhirl!

Niko: Oh no!

Wave: Toss it to the ceiling.

Tentacruel: Tentacruel! The Jellyfish threw Poliwhirl high up into the air until it collided with the roof.

Wave: When it gets close, use Poison Sting.

Niko: Poliwhirl, use Body Slam as hard as you can.

Poliwhirl: Poli! (Right!) Poliwhirl pushed itself from the ceiling and was now falling at tremendous speed, aiming right at Tentacruel. Poliwhirl slammed into Tentacruel causing a big splash.

Niko: Perfect hit!

Wave: No! Tentacruel! Wave's Pokémon resurfaced, but it was clearly unconscious.

Lily: Tentacruel is unable to battle! Poliwhirl is the winner!

Niko: Awesome work, Poliwhirl! Niko congratulated as Poliwhirl resurfaced.

Poliwhirl: Poliwhirl. (No problem)

Duplica: Now that was impressive!

Ditto: Ditto! 

Wave: Tentacruel you did great. He said calling it back. And Niko, I gotta say that was very impressive how you used Poliwhirl's Body Slam.

Niko: Thanks.

Wave: But now, it's time to get serious. Shellder, dive on in!

Pokédex: Shellder, the Bivalve Pokémon. Its hard shell repels any kind of attack. It is vulnerable only when its shell is open.

Niko: Poliwhirl is probably a bit tired from that last fight, I should switch out. Poliwhirl, return! Eevee, go!

Eevee: Eevee! (Roger)

Wave: Not a bad idea to switch out your Pokémon. The first moves all yours.

Niko: Eevee, Tackle!

Eevee: Vee! Eevee dives into the water and swam like mad at Shellder. Wave's Pokémon, however, closed its shell as Eevee hit it. Shellder opened up, barely injured.

Shellder: Shellder!

Duplica: That is one tough shell.

Wave: Shellder, in the water! His Shellder dives.

Niko: They're moving into the water. Eevee, jump around to confuse Shellder. His Eevee jumped from platform to platform, hoping that by doing so it would throw off Shellder's senses.

Wave: Eevee's pretty fast. But my Shellder is faster. Aurora Beam, now! Shellder, who was watching patiently in the water, fired a beam of ice at Eevee much to Niko's surprise.

Eevee: Eevee! The attack blew Eevee away.

Niko: No way! How did Shellder do that?

Wave: Shellder isn't as harmless as it looks. It's trained to pick up even the slightest movement above or in the water. Good luck trying to beat it now. Shellder, Ice Beam!

Shellder: Shellder! It leapt out of the water and blasted Eevee directly.

Eevee: Eevee! It cried as it's paws were frozen in place.

Niko: Eevee, no!

Wave: Tackle! Shellder slams into Eevee, taking it out of the battle.

Lily: Eevee is unable to battle! Shellder is the winner!

Duplica: Poor Eevee. Duplica said upset.

Ditto: Ditto.

Niko: Shellder knows Aurora Beam and Ice Beam?

Wave: That's right. Electric types are an obvious choice when dealing Water types, but Grass types are effective too. So, I taught Shellder Ice type moves in case any challengers use Grass types or on the occasion Flying types.

Niko: 'Man. He just became a gym leader, but he battles like a pro.' Eevee, get some rest. Niko called back. You did your best. Now then, Bulbasaur, let's go!

Bulbasaur: Bulba!

Wave: I figured you'd try to fight with Bulbasaur. Shellder, Ice Beam!

Niko: Bulbasaur make a wave! Bulbasaur used its vines to create a big enough splash to block the Ice Beam. The attack froze the water instead. Now, use Razor Leaf! Bulbasaur fired.

Wave: Shellder, hide! Shellder closed its shell again. The Razor Leaf bounces off the shell.

Duplica: It used its shell again!

Ditto: Ditto ditto. (Talk about thick skinned)

Niko: I got an idea! Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip and wrap up Shellder! The Grass type tangles up the Water type, therefore trapping it in place.

Wave: Oh no! Wave exclaimed seeing how Shellder has been rendered immobile.

Daisy: Woah! He caught Shellder!

Violet: Bad news for Wave.

Niko: Now, spin Shellder as fast as you can! Bulbasaur twirled in place swinging Shellder up in the air. Now drop it! Bulbasaur slammed Shellder on a platform.

Wave: Shellder, are you okay?

Shellder: Shellder. (I feel sick) Shellder was delirious from all the spinning.

Niko: Use Razor Leaf before it can recover. Bulbasaur attacked once more landing critical damage.

Wave: Ah, Shellder! Shellder was rendered unconscious

Lily: Shellder is unable to battle! Bulbasaur is the winner.

Duplica: Bulbasaur won! Way to go! Duplica cheered.

Niko: Great work, Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur: Bulb!

Wave: Shellder, return. I'm very proud of you. Get some rest. Looks like it's 1 to 2. But I'm not worried. Dive on in, Slowbro!

Slowbro: Slowbro slow. Slowbro looked fiercely determined.

Niko: I knew he'd go with Slowbro. Well then, I guess I'll stick with you Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (Leave it to me!)

Niko: Bulbasaur, Razor Leaf!

Wave: Slowbro use Confusion! As Bulbasaur sent several leaves at it, Slowbro stopped them with its Psychic attack and sent it back.

Bulbasaur: Bulba!

Niko: No way! Niko gasped.

Duplica: Oh no!

Wave: Slowbro are known to be pretty slow and docile. But not my Slowbro. Wave said eager for battle, his Slowbro felt the same. Water Gun, now!

Bulbasaur dodged the first two shots, but the third hit its mark. Though the attack wasn't very effective, it did some damage. The next one knocked Bulbasaur into the water.

Niko: Bulbasaur!

Wave: Dive after it, Slowbro. Slowbro went underwater and saw Bulbasaur trying to get back to the surface. But once it did. Headbutt, now! Slowbro rammed into Bulbasaur knocking it to the other side of the pool.

Niko: Bulbasaur use Vine Whip, quick!

Wave: Confusion one more time! Slowbro sends the attack back and hits Bulbasaur.

Niko: Grr! I gotta figure something out. Bulbasaur, return! Niko called back.

Duplica: He had to switch out. But the only one he has left is...

Niko: Poliwhirl, come back out!

Poliwhirl: Poli!

Wave: It was a good idea to switch out. But it won't save you. Slowbro use Mega Punch!

Niko: Poliwhirl, you use Mega Punch too!

The two Water types charge at each other. The two cross counter, striking each other in the face. It was a stalemate.

Niko: Looks like they're about even.

Wave: You think so? Wave said, confusing Niko. Slowbro then powered through and pushed Poliwhirl back.

Duplica: Woah! That Slowbro is powerful.

Daisy: Wave really trained Slowbro well.

Wave: Finish it up with Headbutt. Slowbro rammed Poliwhirl head on, rendering it unable to continue.

Lily: Poliwhirl is unable to battle! Slowbro is the winner.

Duplica: Niko only has Bulbasaur now. I'm starting to think Slowbro is just too powerful.

Wave: Niko, you put up a good fight, but I'm afraid there are just times when it's best to throw in the towel.

Niko: Mm... Niko contemplated deeply on what to do. Bulbasaur has the advantage when it comes to types, but after seeing Slowbro's power, he wasn't so sure he could win.

Duplica: Don't give up! Duplica shouted.

Niko: Huh? Niko looked up and saw Duplica up in the stands.

Duplica: You're seriously going to give up after all the training you did?

Niko: Duplica....

Duplica: This battle isn't over! So get it in gear, mister! She stated.

Niko: Uhh... suddenly, Niko's Pokéball opened. Bulbasaur appeared all by itself.

Bulbasaur: Bulba! (Let me do it!)

Niko: Huh!? Bulbasaur... you want to battle?

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur! (Of course!) Niko stared at his Pokemon and realized how serious it was.

Niko: Hmm. Sure! Let's keep going!

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur Bulba! (Let's go and win this thing!)

Wave: Well, I can tell you really want to win. Sounds good to me. Slowbro, you ready?

Slowbro: Slow... (Always.)

Niko: Bulbasaur, use Razor Leaf!

Bulbasaur: Bulba!

Wave: That again? Slowbro, use Confusion one more time.

Niko: That won't work on us again. Bulbasaur, dive into the water! His Grass type jumps in. Use your vines! Suddenly, Bulbasaur's moves its vines behind it and start spinning them rapidly, speeding it up.

Wave: No way. Wave began to chuckle. It's using its vines as propellers! I must say, I've never seen a Grass type do that before.

Niko: Keep going, Bulbasaur!

Wave: Slowbro, use Water Gun and sink it! Slowbro fires multiple shots, but Bulbasaur's increased speed makes it difficult to hit.

Niko: Now stop and use Razor Leaf! Bulbasaur stops its vines and fires at Slowbro. The Water type held up its arms to reduce the damage, but the attacks are clearly doing something.

Wave: Grr. Slowbro, quick use Confusion! Slowbro focused and used Confusion to bring Bulbasaur into the air. Now drop it! Slowbro uses its Confusion to slam Bulbasaur into the water.

Duplica, Daisy, Violet: Ah!! They gasped. The waves rippled. However, Bulbasaur was nowhere to be seen.

Wave: Where did Bulbasaur go?

Niko: Heh. Bulbasaur fire Razor Leaf with all you got! Bulbasaur, who was waiting at the bottom of the pool, swam up and resurfaced behind Slowbro.

Slowbro: Slow!? (Huh!?)

Wave: Look out, Slowbro! Bulbasaur attacked and knocked Slowbro into the water.

Wave: Oh no, Slowbro! Are you okay? After a few moments, Slowbro resurfaced, unconscious.

Lily: Slowbro is unable to battle! Bulbasaur wins! So the victory goes to Niko, the challenger! Lily announced.

Duplica: Way to go! Duplica cheered.

Ditto: Ditto! Ditto! (They did it! They did it!)

Niko: Bulbasaur, you're awesome! Come here!

Bulbasaur: Bulba! It ran at Niko and tackled him to the ground. Niko laughed as Bulbasaur brushed its face against his.

Wave: Slowbro, thank you so much. You tried your best.

Slowbro: Slowbro... (Sorry.)

Wave: No. There's no reason to feel bad. Wave looked at Niko. Hey, Niko. Niko and and Bulbasaur Wave walking over. I gotta say, you really taught me a thing or two about battling. And as Gym leader, I present you with this...

Wave: The Cascade Badge.

Niko: Wow. Niko grabbed the badge.

Wave: I made that one myself. Congrats, Niko.

Niko: It was an honor battling you, Wave. Niko looked at his badge. My second badge.

The gang stood outside as the sun began to set.

Niko: Thanks again for the badge, Wave.

Wave: Hey, thank you for the awesome battle. It seems I still have a lot to learn as a Gym leader.

Niko: Yeah. But it was still a heck of a battle. I hope we can meet again one day.

Wave: I look forward to it. And next time, we'll battle again only then I'll be much stronger. He said determined.

Duplica: Well, until then. Niko and Duplica head out.

Daisy: Goodbye!

Lily: Visit anytime!

Violet: You're always welcome here!

Wave: Best of luck on your travels! They all waved bidding the two farewell.

Now with his second badge in hand, Niko heads off to the next Gym in hopes of earning his third Kanto league badge.

As the journey continues

Pokémon!
It's that time again!
A hundred and fifty Pokémon, 5 days a week.
That's about 30 or so each day.
It's not too hard, just listen real good!

Alakazam, Doduo, Venonat, Machoke
Kangaskhan, Hypno, Electabuzz, Flareon
Blastoise, Poliwhirl, Oddish, Drowzee
Raichu, Nidoqueen, Bellsprout, Starmie

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeah!
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, ow!

Metapod, Marowak, Kakuna, Clefairy
Dodrio, Seadra, Vileplume, Krabby
Lickitung, Tauros, Weedle, Nidoran
Machop, Shellder, Porygon, Hitmonchan

At least 150 or more to see.
To be a Pokémon Master is my destiny.

Okay, so today was pretty easy,
But you gotta put all 5 days together.
That's the only way to name all 150.
Catch you here next week!

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (oowww)
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (oowww)
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (yeeaahh)
Pokémon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 512 91
This is the start of a young girl named Mew who begins her Pokemon Journey. A young girl raised and can understand Pokemon begins her journey to beco...
119K 3K 23
A major problem occurs, and Y/N gets the chance to fully live in the world just like the video games! But when he is caught up with the task instead...
19K 217 5
How does one become Champion? Just by beating the Elite Four and the current Champion? But what happens after that? Sit around all day and wait for s...
625 21 17
A boy from our world gets dropped into Pokemon and tries to make the most of his second chance at life with pokemon at his side. The story begins abo...