Deku's Sister

By serenaslide

You have probably read/watched the story of Izuku Midoriya, but what if I told you he had a sister? A twin in... More

Author's Note
Izumi Description
Backstory
Backstory Two
1 - Entrance Exam
2 - Quirk Assessment
3 - Hero Basics
4 - Class Rep
5 - USJ
6 - UA Sports Festival
7 - UA Sports Festival Two
8 - Hero Names
9 - Internships
10 - After Internships
11 - Practical Exam
12 - Mall Fiasco
12.5 - Pool Day
13 - Training Camp
13.5
14 - Kidnapped
15 - AFO vs. All Might
A/N: 1k Reads!
16 - Dorms One
17 - Dorms Two
18 - Ultimate Moves
19 - Ultimate Moves Two
21 - Provisional License Exam One
22 - Provisional License Exam Two
5k Reads!
23 - Deku vs. Kacchan
24 - Announcement (This is chapter)
25 - Socializing
REWRITE

20 - Provisional License Exam Starting

242 4 3
By serenaslide

"We're working so hard every day..." Mina whined. The girls were all in the common area of the dorms after another day of training.

"it's not called 'intensive training' for nothing, huh?" Hagakure agreed.

"Even so, there's less than a week left before the provisional licensing exam," Yaoyorozu pointed out.

"Yao-momo, how's your ultimate move coming?"

"There's something I want to do, but my body can't keep up yet, so I need to develop my quirk a little more first."

"What about you, Tsu?"

"I've perfected a move even more frog-like than before. I'm sure even you'll be surprised, Toru," Asui replied.

"Izumi, you've been doing a lot, right?"

"Mhm-- I've added a fan to my fighting style and made two ultimate moves," Izumi said with a smile.

"Wow! What bout you, Ochaco?" Hagakure asked, but Uraraka seemed distracted.

"Ochaco?" Asui wondered, poking Uraraka.

"Ah! Huh?" Uraraka gasped.

"You seem tired."

"Oh, no, I'm not tired at all. I'm just getting started!" Uraraka burst out. All the girls looked at her. "At least, that's how it's supposed to be, but, how do I put it...? Recently, my heart's been feeling all stirred up..."

"It's love!" Mina shouted.

"Wh... What? Glove? Shove? Dove? I don't know what you're talking about!" 

"--Is it Midoriya, or Iida? You're always with them, aren't you?"

"No, it's not, it's not..." Uraraka said, covering her face with her hands and making herself float. 

"Who is it? Which one? Who is it?" Hagakure exclaimed.

"Spit it out," Jiro said. "You'll get a lighter sentence if you confess."

"I won't be mad if it's my brother," Izumi agreed.

"That's not it, really!" Uraraka cried. "I really don't know anything about that stuff..."

"It's not good to force an investigation, you know," Asui said.

"That's right," Yaoyorozu said, standing up. "More importantly, we have an early start tomorrow, so we should turn in."

"What? No way! I want to hear more! Even if we don't talk about anything important, I want to force it to be about romance!" Mina exclaimed. As Izumi was about to agree with Yaoyorozu, she noticed Uraraka staring out the window while blushing. 'Hm?' Izumi wondered before she looked outside the window to see her brother practicing. 'So it is my brother.' 

Time Skip

It was finally the day of the provisional licensing exam. 

"Ah, I'm getting nervous!" Jiro sighed.

"I wonder what we'll have to do... I wonder if I can get my provisional license..." Mineta mumbled.

"Mineta, it's not about whether or not you can. Go and get it!" Aizawa said, leaning over to get to Mineta's eye level.

"Right, c-course-of!" 

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will become chicks... you'll hatch into semi-pros. Do your best."

"All right, I'll become a chick!" Kaminari said.

"Let's all call out the usual! Ready, set-- Plus..." Kirishima started.

"...Ultra!" a student from another class shouted.

"You shouldn't just barge in on other people's huddles, Inasa," a student from the same school reprimanded.

"Oh, no! I am... very... extremely... sorry!" the energetic student said, banging his head on the floor. 'Eh?! Is he just sucking up or....?' Izumi wondered.

"What's with this guy trying to get by with just his enthusiasm?!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"Wait, that uniform...!" Jiro realized.

"It's from that famous school in western Japan..."

"UA in the east, Shiketsu in the west..." Bakugo said, not shouting for once.

"I wanted to try saying it just once! Plus Ultra! I love UA High School! I am extremely honored to be able to compete against UA students! I'm looking forward to it!" the energetic boy exclaimed.

"Oh, blood," one of the girls from Shiketsu pointed out. 'Huh? does she have a blood-related quirk?' Izumi wondered.

"Let's go," the purple-headed boy from Shiketsu said, walking towards the building.

"Inasa Yoarashi," Aizawa mumbled.

"Mr. Aizawa, you know him?" Hagakure asked.

"He's... strong. Last year, the same year as you guys, Yoarashi got the top scores of those admitted through recommendations, but for some reason, he turned down his acceptance."

"What?! Then, he's a first-year?!" Izuku gasped.

"And now, everyone from UA, please excuse me!" Yoarashi exclaimed as he walked away.

"His name's Inasa Yoarashi?" Sero asked. "Even though he says he loves UA, he threw away his chance to enroll. I don't get it."

"Right? What a weirdo," Mina agreed.

"He's weird, but he's the real thing. Keep an eye out for him," Aizawa cut in.

"Eraser? It's you, isn't it, Eraser?!" a green-headed woman said, walking over. "I've seen you on TV and at the sports festival, but it's been a while since I've seen you in person!" Izumi noticed her teacher's eye twitch in annoyance.

"She's..." Izuku mumbled. 

"Let's get married," the woman said.

"No," Aizawa replied. the woman let out a laugh.

"No? Good one!"

"You're hard to talk to, as usual, Joke."

"...Smile Hero: Ms. Joke!" Izuku realized. "Her quirk's outburst! She forces those near her to laugh, dulling their thinking and their movements! Her fights against villains are full of craziness!"

"If you marry me, then we can make a happy family with never-ending laughter!" Ms. Joke tried once again.

"A family like that can't be happy," Aizawa retorted. Ms. Joke laughed again.

"You two seem close," Asui noticed.

"Our agencies used to be close to each other! In our cycle of helping and being helped, our mutual love for each other bloomed--" Ms. Joke dramatically explained.

"No, it didn't," Aizawa grumbled.

"Oh, I love your quick retorts! You're so worth teasing, Eraser!" 

"Joke, since you're here, that means..."

"That's right. Come here, everyone! It's UA," Ms. Joke said as a group of people started to walk over.

"Oh, it's the real thing!" one of the students exclaimed.

"Wow, that's amazing! I've seen them all on TV!" another agreed.

"Ketsubutsu Academy, second years, Class 2! They're my class. Please be kind," Ms. Joke introduced. A brunette walked up to Izuku and grabbed his hands.

"I'm Shindo! UA this year had trouble after trouble, so it must have been tough!" Shindo said.

"Huh? Ye..." Izuku started to say, but Shindo moved on to Kaminari.

"But even so, you all are still aiming to be heroes like this, huh?" Shindo continued before moving to Jiro. "That's wonderful! A heart of fortitude is what I believe all heroes should have from now on!" 'He is saying kind things... but... his eyes don't match...' Izumi thought.

"From among you, there's Bakugo and Midoriya, who experienced being the center of the Camino incident. You both have an especially strong heart. Today, I'll do my best while learning from you both!" Shindo said, holding his hands out to both Bakugo and Izumi, but Bakugo slapped both hands away.

"Stop pretending. What you're saying doesn't match the look on your face!" Bakugo said

"Your eyes..." Izumi mumbled as Shindo turned to her. "They don't match your 'bright' energy."

"Hey! Stop being so rude! Izumi, what is up with you? Sorry for their behavior..." Kirishima said, rubbing his head.

"It's fine! it just proves how strong their hearts are," Shindo replied as Bakugo scoffed.

"Hey, Todoroki! Can I have your autograph? You were so cool at the sports festival!" another student gushed.

"Huh?" Todoroki mumbled, confused.

"Stop being such a fangirl," a black-haired student said.

"You can have my autograph, too," Mineta said.

"Hey, change into your costumes and go to the orientation. Don't waste time," Aizawa cut in.

"Yes, sir!" the class chorused. 

"It's like... contact with people outside of school reminds me..." Jiro mumbled.

"UA students are actually pretty famous, huh?" Kaminari agreed.

"It's important not to let it affect you. Being well-known also means that people may know more about you than you know about them," Izum advised.

"Huh, I guess..."

Time Skip

"Um... Well then, let's do that provisional license thing... I'm Mera from the Heroes Public Safety Commission. The kind of sleep I like is non-REM sleep... Nice to meet you," Mera mumbled, leaning down. "I've been so busy that I haven't gotten much sleep... We're too short-staffed... I'm so sleepy! With that conviction, I will give you the orientation."

'Is... he okay?' Izumi wondered.

"About the content of the provisional license thing... Frankly, all 1,540 examinees here will have to win through a free-for-all exercise! Our society is currently said to be saturated with heroes, and ever since Stain was arrested, many have shown doubts about the current state of heroes. Well, as a private citizen, no matter what the motivation, to tell someone risking their lives to save others not to seek any reward is... it's the ruthless story of these modern times... But anyway, whether it's for compensation or for loyalty and courage... the result of many heroes working hard together to help people and defeat villains is that right now, the time from when an incident begins to when it is resolved is so short it'd make you sick. You all are about to receive your provisional licenses and finally throw yourselves into those rapids. Those who can't keep up with that speed will frankly have it tough. Accordingly, what you'll be tested on is speed! The first hundred to fulfill that requirement will pass." A/N: Mera-- buddy, you act so tired yet you make me write so much 🥲

"There are a total of 1,540 people taking the exam!" Yaoyorozu gasped. "Didn't they say half would pass...?"

"This means, less than 10% will actually pass..." Asui mumbled. '6.49% to be exact...' Izumi thought worriedly. 

"Well, a lot's happened out there in the real world, and you know, about luck and everything..." Mera then explained how the first part of the exam would work. "...After we open, we'll pass put targets and balls, and then we'll start one minute after we've gotten to everyone."

'Open?' Izumi wondered, but her question was soon answered. The walls and roof around the students opened to reveal different terrain in a humungous area. 

"I believe you all have terrain that you like and dislike. Use your quirks well and do your best."

Word Count: 1599

A/N: I feel bad about ending it here-- I do... but... this chapter is getting pretty long. I am sorry about not updating as much, but I will try to get the next chapter out as soon as possible. Have a nice day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1.5K 22
When her twin brother Izuku becomes hospitalized, Izumi Midoriya assumes his persona to take the UA entrance exam and ensure his acceptance. However...
127 2 10
Toshinori Midoriya; Shy, but smart, and able to set boundaries and goals for himself. Iko Midoriya; Talkative, and has no idea what she's doing. In t...
402K 11.7K 31
Midnight, a pro hero loved by many, was your sister. She taught you everything, but you could see through her lies. She was weak, and all she cared a...
398 19 15
We've all heard for Midoriya Izuku's story,of how he became the greatest no.1 Hero,his rocky journey and hardships. Graduating along with class 1A an...