Falling in love

By alwaysbusyimagining

Aadhya Advani Smart. Pretty. Kind. Having a personality of sunshine... More

00 | AUTHOR'S NOTE
00 | CHARACTER AESTHETICS
00 | โ™ซ PLAYLIST โ™ซ
01 | NEW BEGINNING
02 | MISANTHROPY
03 | DINNER
04 | CLIQUE
05 | MOVIE
06 | FOE
07 | FAMILY
08 | VICTORY
09 | BIPOLAR
10 | JEALOUSY
11 | OVERBEARING
12 | VODKA
13 | THREE TOED SLOTH
14 | BEAST
15 | TICKET TO HELL
16 | DUMB CHARADES
17 | CAPRICIOUS
18 | PERSUASION
20 | CHANGE
21 | SIN
22 | TOSKA
23 | DANCE PARTNERS
24 | DESIRE
25 | HALCYON
26 | REUNION
27 | STAR OF THE NIGHT
28 | FAREWELL
29 | BIRTHDAY TRADITION
30 | PROGRESS
31 | FELICITY
32 | SOLACE
33 | DENIAL
34 | TRYST
35 | LA LA LAND
36 | CAT OUT OF THE BAG
37 | EPIPHANY
38 | SEMINAR
39 | THE BOOK
40 | DAWN
ANNOUNCEMENT
41 | PLAN
42 | FIXATED
43 | THE CONFESSION
44 | FOR ME
EPILOGUE
New book alertt!!

19 | BARGAINING SKILLS

3.5K 231 13
By alwaysbusyimagining

Reyhaan's POV

It was the first time in weeks that Aadhya was talking to me or even being in the same room as me. I regretted the moment those words slipped out of my mouth that evening in Manali. I had seen a flicker of hurt in her moist eyes.

I hated to see her hurt because of me.

It all started because of that motherfucker Jai! If he wouldn't have messed my head in the party. Everyone was playing ping pong and I just wasn't in the mood so I decided to stand there while watching them play.

Flashback starts

"Rey man! C'mon play with us" Sahil says but I nod in negative.

Jai, who had just played one round of the game, stood next to Sahil with an arm around his shoulder and comments "Why? Does mommy not know lil Reyhaan drinks and parties? Will mommy scold you for breaking rules? Oh wait, you don't have one?"

He crossed the line, that instant when he even mentioned the word mommy and nothing in the world, not even god, will now be able to save him from my wrath.

Flashback end

When she kept asking me for the reason, I couldn't just get myself to utter those words. No one except Dhruv and Sid know how I actually feel about my mom's death. Aditi and the rest of the boys know that she's dead but nothing in detail.

Yes, Aditi and I have known each other since childhood, but I wouldn't say we're best of friends. She is more close to Sid than to me or Dhruv.

"C'mon let's go" I say to Aadhya as I park my car in front of the main door. We walk out of the car and start walking inside the house as the door is open. I glance at her, who is busy admiring the house. As soon as we enter, there are staircases on both sides and then after a few steps there is the more informal living room.

Instead I take a left after the staircase where the formal living room is and I look behind if she is following me. Yes she is.

I opened the door and let her get in first after which I follow.

"Do you want something? Cold or perhaps a hot drink?" I ask

"No its okay" She politely declines with a small smile

With a nod I continue "Okay so the file is in my room and I know you are dying to see my room but unfortunately you can't" I say in an attempt to I don't know make her smile or lighten her mood

Stupid! I've gotten so stupid I know

She rolls her eyes even though a smile plays on her lips "Please! You're just way too delusional"

"Right anyway I'll g-" I interrupted by the noise of the door open behind me.

I turn to find the brats- Rysa and Nysa. I can already smell trouble. Their eyes immediately bounce between Aadhya and I, then they look at each other with knowing looks and mischievous smirks.

Rysa rests her elbow on one side of Nysa's shoulder and says "Well well what do we have here?"

Nysa then says teasingly "It's our big brother with a girl! Who is this lovely friend bhaiya?"

Rolling my eyes I reply "This is Aadhya and she's just a friend"

Nysa then comments "Oh a friend we've heard that one before, right Rysa"

"Oh yeah absolutely. So bhaiya, wouldn't you introduce us to your "just friend"? Rysa winks at me

I try not to lose my patience "This is Rysa my younger sister and that is Nysa Dhruv's younger sister"

"Hii both of you" Aadhya greets them shyly

Rysa and Nysa walk near her and then the latter asks "why hide your relationship huh?"

"Nysa! I told you she's just a friend and I'm gonna drop her to some shop because she's new to the city" I make it dead serious

Aadhya immediately agrees "Yes he's telling the truth and why do you think I'm gonna date someone who is so uptight and arrogant, not to mention that he's boring"

This makes Rysa and Nysa laugh loudly along with Aadhya

"Oh my god I already love you, we should meet soon and bro you're so right about bhaiya" Rysa snickers and high fives Aadhya who seems to be enjoying this way too much

"Ha ha ha so funny" I give a deadpan look "Alright enough. You two brats Out! Don't you have school work or something? I will complain to Chachi and make sure you're gadgets are taken away"

Giggling they run out of the room leaving me alone with Aadhya who has covered her mouth with her hand, miserably trying to hide her laugh.

Shaking my head, I say "you stay here. Don't wander around. I'll be back in 5"

With that I sprint to my room upstairs and open a drawer in my wardrobe. After checking if I have the correct file in hand I walk down to the living room. I open the door only to find her standing in front of mom's photo

Fuck it totally slipped out of my mind. I hope she doesn't question me.

Clearing my throat I startle her "Hey, I've got the file let's go"

She nods and yet again when I'm about to leave the door behind me opens. I mentally let out a frustrated groan.

"You're leaving without even informing me that you were here in the first place. That too with a soni kudi?" I hear Dadi's voice

{Translation: Soni Kudi - Beautiful girl}

Aadhya's eyes widen while looking behind me, I turn around to find Dadi, Chachi and of course Rysa Nysa.

"Dadi I'm in a hurry, that's why I didn't meet you" I explain but she is only interested in the brunette standing next to me.

"Namaste Dadi" Her honey-like sweet voice fills the air matching the soft smile on her face. Something tugs in me when I hear her roll out Hindi words. Seeing her cultured and well mannered has for sure put wedding ideas in Dadi's insane brain.

"Namaste beta" A satisfied smile spreads on her face. She likes Aadhya already. I mean it would be difficult not to.

"Dadi this is Aadhya, she studies in our college" Cue to the introduction "this is Dhruv's mom, Neeta Chachi"

"Same class?" Chachi asks

"No aunty, I'm a first year student" Aadhya says and I further add "we met through Aditi"

They nod in understanding. Dadi walks near Aadhya and she caresses her cheek with the pad of her thumb and then says "You're really beautiful"

She looks at me and then back at Dadi, her cheeks flush into the most stunning and deepest shades of red as she furiously blushes and shyly says "um thank you"

For another 20 minutes I'm trapped at home because they wanted to spend time with Aadhya and I'm ignored by my own family members. Fan-fucking-tastic

"Reyhaan's older sister Meera is getting married in a month and we would love to invite you for all the functions. I will have Reyhaan give you the invitation card-"

"Dadi-" she tries to deny but nice try because you can never win against her "I'm not asking, I'm informing you. You have to come understood" She says and Aadhya nods defeatedly.

Soon we leave and I'm currently driving.

"Sorry about earlier. My family can be a little excessive" I say

She chuckles looking at me "no not at all. In fact I found them cute and warm. You're lucky to have them"

"I am" I agree with her

"Am I dreaming or are you really agreeing to me?" she feigns surprise

I stop a laugh to escape from my mouth by biting my lips as I mutter "smartass"

"So you guys own a business I assume?" She dives into a real conversation

"Yeah not one but multiple businesses. My dad and chachu initially started out with diamond jewelry. Ever heard of St. Atlas by The Velvet box?" I ask and she says "Yeah one of the most luxurious hotels in India. Oh wait, you guys own it?"

I nod with a proud smile. Then we go back and forth talking to each other casually and it feels pretty natural. No awkwardness or uneasiness.

"I um saw this huge frame of someone in the living room, mind telling me who she was?" Hesitantly she asks me what I've been dreading for but fortunately we reach Fellafore and I halt the car near the doorstep which distracts her

"We've reached" I say

She slides the topic away, with a smile she thanks me politely then steps out of the car and then waves at me which like a fool I also wave back. I wait until she goes inside the shop and then I leave.

When I reach our jewelry showroom 'The Velvet Box', I find that Dhruv has reached before me and is sitting there with a coy smirk. I can't say anything because both our dad's along with a few more staff members are discussing the launch and designs of the Diwali collection.

I give him a I'll deal with you later look

***

Three hours later the meeting and my work gets done. In between the breaks Dhruv tortures me with questions wanting to know every detail about the entire time I spent with Aadhya. Once he gets everything he wants he finally leaves me alone and all this time only Aadhya has been buzzing in my mind.

I go to the phone app on my iPhone, and I search her name. Should I call her? I've been wanting to somehow make it up to her for being an ass.

If i say this out loud to Sid or Dhruv or to any of the boys they would laugh at me. Since when does Reyhaan Singhania make it up to people after being an ass to them.

Fuck I have no clue what's happening to me but you know what Fuck it!

I end calling her, she picks on the fourth ring. I hear some shuffling and then she finally says "Hello"

"Hey its me Reyhaan" I say like a fool

"Oh hii" I hear her squeak, I bite back a chuckle

"So is your work done?"

"Almost in another 15 mins it should be done" she says

"Alright, wait there I will pick you up, wait there" I end the call without waiting for her reply and I drive to the shop and then call her again. She says she needs help and has called me inside. With a sigh I go inside to find her in between piles of fabrics.

"Okay Reyhaan I'm confused between these two. Choose one" She says seriously tapping her foot, both her hands occupied with two different pieces of fabric and randomly I choose the left.

She then chooses the fabric and goes to the billing counter.

The cashier says "Ma'am your bill is 5000"

"Bhaiya you need to give me some discount, I've bought so much"

"I'm sorry ma'am that's not possible" he politely declines the request

"What? No no you have to give me some offer. Diwali is also coming up and you know everyone will buy fabrics to stitch clothes. Just think about it, you will be benefitted" God she is manipulating the poor guy

"What are you doing?" I whisper in her ears. She looks at me with a mischievous look and shows her hand asking me to wait.

"Ma'am I-" The guy is about to cry

"Okay not much. Total is 5000, I will give you 4500" She gives the cash and says "Thank you! Wonderful service I will definitely recommend to everyone. Happy Diwali in advance"

I take all the bags and we walk out. We sit in the car and she buckles her seat belt while I watch her amused by everything that happened.

She looks at me and cocks an eyebrow, I shake my head at her "Nothing. I must say you have some nice bargaining skills"

She laughs at me "why thank you. People bargain with those who have a hard time with finance. But no one bargains with these big showrooms who earn double profits"

"Didn't say you were wrong"

"Anyway, why did you pick me up?" She asks

I don't know either "My work was done and I would anyway cross the shop so why not" I start driving while she looks at me trying to read my face.

"Considerate of you to do that. So thank you" She says with a grin while increasing the volume of the radio.

Ten minutes into the drive, something suddenly strikes in my head. Something I never thought I would ever share with someone. Suddenly I want to, not just with anyone but only with her.

"Aadhya do you have to go home urgently?" I ask her

"Um no why?" she shrugs

I lie "I have some work, it won't take too much time. I promise"

She hesitantly says "Yeah okay"

.

Author's Note 

And I feel like we are about to witness some really cutesy stuff next chap so stay tuned! Hope y'all enjoyed this one and Ig we've got some answers to the mystery fight and an insight about Rey's thoughts and feelings. 

Don't forget to vote and comment and follow <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 51.8K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
852K 87.7K 29
"You are my heart, Aira. So be careful when you think of breaking it. It may result in your collapse." ------- .หšโ‚Šโœงโ‚Šหš. -------- **This is a DARK roma...
307K 16.7K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...
320K 20.7K 53
๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š 1 ๐Ž๐… ๐ƒ๐„๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐„๐ƒ ๐’๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐’ "๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ซ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฒ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช, ๐“ณ๐“ธ ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ถ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ช๐“ป ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐”‚๐“ช ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฒ" โ‹† หš๏ฝก โ‹†เญจโ™กเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝก โ‹†ห–โบโ€งโ‚Šหš โ™ก หšโ‚Šโ€งโบห–...