touch of nature * JIYOO

By jiunique

A deadly virus wiped off most of the planet's population, marking the start of it's 'New Days'. Human civiliz... More

1. "The Start of Everything"
2. "Factions and Troubles"
3. "Enemies or Allies?"
5. "No More Games" (M)
6. "First Location"
7. "Tasks and Goodbyes"
8. "The Unexpected Plan"
9. "You and I"
10. "Memories of The Past"
11. "Captain-up, Captain-down"
12. "First of Many"
13. "Close To Death"
14. "Feelings"
15. "That Time of The Year"
16. "Trouble Slowly Starts"
17. "Before and After"
18. "Accidental Wrong Move"
19. "Anything For You" (M)
20. "A So Called Peaceful Day"
21. "Out of The Ordinary"
22. "Broken And Repaired"
23. "Christmas Day" (M)
24. "Christmas Night"
25. "Nothing Feels Right"
26. "The End Is Near"
27. "More Than One"
28. "Closer To The Truth"
29. "One More in The Group"
30. "Last Moments Before Disaster"
31. "Calm Before The Storm"
32. "The Day Has Come"
33. "All of Their Hope Was.."

4. "An awaited meeting"

160 13 35
By jiunique

› A MONTH LATER,
OCTOBER 2076:

After that evening, Yoohyeon and Jiu haven't seen nor heard of eachother at all and that seemed to annoy Jiu the most. The magnet was still in possession of Yoohyeon and the Icebreaker was getting really impatient with the whole waiting thing and wanted to steal it by intruding the outcast's base, but she couldn't because of Minjoon's nagging.

"They haven't left that safe-zone in a month now, Joon! I'm sure they won't leave it any time soon so why can't I just go there myself?" Jiu whined at her brother, but he didn't pay attention to her and continued reading his book.

Though, he seemed to have had enough of her constant complaining and finally switched his attention to her and took a sip of his morning coffee.

"Sure Ji, go there. If you want to get yourself killed by them, you're more than free to go." He calmly said, making his sister annoyed because he was right. She flopped back on the bed and groaned in annoyance, wondering what to do. Jiu knew where Yoohyeon was and how to break in her base, but didn't want to do it. She knew better than to destroy the small alliance they made amongst themselves.

How stupid must've Jiu felt to not ask Yoohyeon about the SYM coin on their last meeting? She was so mesmerized by the sunset and kindness by the girl that the most important part hadn't crossed her mind that time. "This is so annoying.." She mumbled to herself, burying her head on Minjoon's pillow.

...

After a few hours, Minjoon, Jiu and the other generals got called in to visit the headquarters for a meeting. When they made their way there, they were welcomed by their supervisor Hwang and two of his wingmen. Once everyone was here, the proper greeting started and the supervisor ordered the generals to sit down.

"Good afternoon, soldiers. This morning I received a picture from one of our scouts when he was on watch with his team and he sent us me voice message attached to it as well." Hwang said while hovering a message with his finger on a touchscreen TV. How superior must've the Icebreakers felt that they have a working one in such hard times.

He tapped on it, surprising everyone with the picture, mostly Jiu and Minjoon. It was one of the rock where Yoohyeon and Jiu had fought alongside against the Sacred people who attacked them.

Hwang then let the voice message play out loud:

"Scout 19 speaking. We were on a lookout near Zone 7, East area, and I came across a a hidden rock with a SYM logo on it. We managed to forcefully open it, but it had been looted already. There must have been a fight here long ago as well because we found rotting corpses of 'Sacred'. This is all the information I have gathered. Scout 19 out."

The supervisor turned off the television and placed his hands on the table, leaning forward with a dissatisfied look.

"Whoever the intruder was from that one night a month ago, they took hold of the only working SYM access card. I want all of you to find what faction that intruder is from and by any means necessary get the access card, as well as the magnet back to where it belongs - to us." Hwang said while looking at the faces of every soldier infront of him.

He stopped at two generals and pointed at them, earning a salute the moment they stood up.

"General Jiu and General Joon, I hope you two won't mess up with the task this time. I want you both to try harder than before to find the items as soon as possible. And if you do, we will rank you both up to Tier 5 Lieutenants. This goes out for all of you Generals here as well." Hwang spoke, earning an affirming nod from the siblings and other soldiers included.

After more talks about the work in every settlement, the meeting was done and the siblings walked back to Jiu's room, having mixed feelings about everything.

"Ji, I think we really need to tell the leaders about this. I mean, ranking up to Lieutenants is much better than your 'alliance' with that outcast, right?" Minjoon questioned, waiting for Jiu to answer. He got worried when he saw how she wasn't responding to him and was actually thinking deeply about it.

"Sis you can't be serious right now- Are you genuinely thinking about her safety over your rank!? She hasn't even shown herself up even once and hasn't done anything useful as well! She tricked you twice, so why-" Minjoon's words were interrupted by a loud sound coming from Jiu's side. She hit the metal bed post and hurt her hand a little bit, but felt better when it was finally quiet.

"Minjoon, I don't want to talk about this now. Let's just stay in silence for a bit, okay? I need to think." Jiu calmly said, trying to sound as composed as possible, but was secretly mad because she for sure knew their supervisor suspected her.

Falsely informing the call center that Yoohyeon had nothing to do with their SYM related mission, as well as purposefully declining for backup to be sent on the day of the fight must've brought more suspicion than anything. She was definitely being tested again.

"Uh.. Ji, you need to come see this." Minjoon suddenly asked, getting a groan in return from his sister. "Joon, I thought I told you not to make a sound.." Jiu said with a slightly raised voice, making Minjoon continuously tap on the table to annoy her even more.

"Kim Minjoon, I told you to stop fucking-!" She paused mid sentence when she sat up and saw him pointing at his laptop, showing that Yoohyeon and two of her crew members were finally on the move.

Jiu instantly stood up and ran to look at the trio on the screen, noticing they had some pieces of paper in their hands. Jiu immediately turned to look at her brother and asked him with her eyes what they were holding, but he shrugged and switched his attention back to the outcasts.

The outcast trio reached a three-way and split up, all running to different positions.

"Follow her every movement." Jiu pointed at Yoohyeon and ordered Minjoon not to lose her at all costs. The man noticed something in her voice that sounded worrying, as if she had murder on her mind, just like that one night 12 years ago. Minjoon gulped down the lump on his throat and followed the girl's location through the hidden security cameras.

Yoohyeon then stopped infront of an old phonebooth, taking out a piece of paper and taping it to the window. Jiu put her hand in front and asked her brother to zoom in, both noticing it was a poster for.. a night club party?

"Are these outcasts seriously planning to make a party in these times?" Jiu was obviously confused, but Minjoon was amazed. The woman was even more surprised that her brother wasn't finding this as weird as she did, so she asked why he reacted like that.

"It says that a masked party will happen tonight inside an underground nightclub and tonight is full moon, meaning not a single infected would roam outside nor have the strength to fight. Not only that, it's the end of the month, which means every faction would have a night off the city, so they're making use of our absence to make a party for themselves and other survivors." He answered in detail, taking a deep breath because he said this all at once.

Jiu opened her mouth wide, now understanding why he was amazed. It was supposed to be Halloween today by the old days calendar, so the party was a way for the survivors to spend some time remembering the past ways of life.

"Now this.. is cool." She said and a slight smirk was shown on her face.

Out of nowhere, Jiu rushed to her closet and showed her brother two masks she kept from when they were kids - two rabbits. One was white and the other one was black. They were decorated with blue, purple and pink stickers and had little chains and gemstones attached. Both had a plastic pieces of sunglasses attached on the eyes' zone to hide their eyes.

They were just the perfect masks for that masked club night.

(Something similar to these)

Joon widened his eyes, shaking both his hands and head when he realized what his sister was trying to do.

"No, we are not going there! We'll get in trouble and you know it!" He argued, trying his best to change his sister's mind. She took out their outfits they used to wear for Halloween and giggled at how small they were. She threw them on the bed and took out a piece of paper and a sewing set she got from a year ago and tried to make a new design.

"Hello? Did you just ignore what I said? We'll get thrown out of the faction if they see us leave, Minji!" Joon angrily said, getting Jiu's attention when he used her real name after a long time. She smiled after hearing him say her name again, but she stood up and stared at his body, writing down his perimeters on the paper.

"That is only IF they see us leave. We're not planning on getting caught leaving, right?" Jiu cheekily answered, looking at how upset Minjoon was. "And don't act like you didn't want to go to that party yourself. We're literally siblings-soulmates, I can read you like an open book, you know?" Jiu added, making Joon purse his lips out of embarrassment because she was right - he wanted to go there so damn much.

"Sis, if we get caught I swear.." Joon added for the last time before shutting up and letting his sister do everything. She giggled and jumped around while writing his proportions down, trying to think of ideas.

"Is there anything specific you want?" Jiu asked, looking at her brother's thinking face. He quickly rushed out the room and came back with a black shirt and pants, funnily trying to explain what he wanted. Jiu understood everything and drew it, showing it to her brother and he happily clapped, giving her a thumbs up. It was funny to her how Minjoon didn't want to risk going to the party 5 minutes ago and now he was gladly helping her with the outfits preparations.

(Just imagine the scarf isn't there shshshhsh)

Minjoon looked at his drawn outfit happily and almost felt weak when he saw what his sister would wear. Jiu quickly pushed him out of her room before he started acting overprotective. She sighed, wiping a bit of sweat from her forehead and examined the drawing, smiling at her creation.

"Just perfect for the night." She giggled, instantly starting with her sewing and embroidery.

She wondered if Yoohyeon could possibly recognize her, but the chances were close to zero since she would look nothing like her usual Icebreaker self. Jiu looked at the time and there were still 3 hours left until the party started, making the woman much more nervous than she should be. All they had to do was hope not to get caught.. Not only by the Icebreakers, but the outcasts as well.

...

Yoohyeon and her two buddies ran back to where they split up, happily walking back home to their base after putting up the posters all over the neighborhood. It was finally that time of the year for Halloween and Yoohyeon was as excited as ever, since new survivors would usually show up. There were some faction people as well, but all of them were attending for the fun and dancing without causing any disturbance, even Sacred!

Though, she has never seen a single Icebreaker here, so she wondered if there could be any way for her to invite Jiu, but they haven't spoken in a month so she doubted trying. She didn't know where the woman was, nor how to send a letter to her. The magnet was still in Yoohyeon's possession, so the girl was a bit worried that the general would try to do something to get it back by any means necessary.

"Yoohyeon? You seem lost in thought, did something happen?" Bora asked out of nowhere, bringing Yoohyeon back to her senses. "Huh? No, I'm all good! Just a bit excited." The younger shook her head and smiled, hopping around in excitement.

Bora sighed in defeat, knowing Yoohyeon was hiding something from her. The younger told her a few weeks ago about finding the SYM magnet and card and the supermarket incident, but she didn't share anything more that that and hasn't spoken a single thing about it. But the awkward silence was broken by Jisung, who seemed very excited for the party as well.

"What masks and outfits are you girls going to wear? I'll be a gorilla pirate." Jisung mimicked a pirate, making Yoohyeon giggle. She then ran up to a car's roof and made a pose, pretending to be.. a puppy?

"I'll be a big dog!" Yoohyeon said with a serious expression, making Bora and Jisung laugh hysterically. She scoffed and ran to nudge them, joining in with their laughter while sulking. Jisung then turned his attention to the oldest, waiting for her answer.

"Well, I might just wear a bird mask, a gown with a crown and be.. the queen of queens! What do you think?" Bora twirled around, leaving the two outcasts in awe because of how well she acted. Yoohyeon showed her a thumbs up and Jisung nodded, both agreeing with her idea.

They reached the base and were surprised to see everyone was done with their preparations, already wearing their costumes and masks. Misoo, Jeongyun and Namhyuk ran up to Yoohyeon to startle her, showing off their vampire trio outfit.

"You guys look awesome! Why didn't you tell me about your outfits, I could've joined in as well!" Yoohyeon sulkily said, getting a giggle from the others. They apologized for not telling her sooner but had to leave her so she could change into her outfit as well.

Yoohyeon was honestly pretty worried because she didn't exactly have a proper outfit for the costume party. But as this year's organizers of it, I'm sure she wouldn't be judged by the other survivers if she didn't have a costume and a mask.

Yoohyeon walked out of her room, only to be stared at by Namhyuk who was disappointed by her outfit.

"Yooh.. was this all you could think of? Couldn't you do just a little better? A mask at least?" He seriously asked, getting smacked in the process. Yoohyeon sighed, knowing she could've easily gotten a proper outfit but didn't do it out of procrastinating.

Bomin noticed the girl's worry and grabbed a mask from her wooden chest and rushed to give it to her. Yoohyeon gasped in awe and hugged the girl, jumping in happiness when she saw the steampunk style of it.

She wore it and the two clapped, liking the upgraded look of their leader.

"You look so much cooler now Yooh! Are you ready to leave now that we're done with everything?" Namhyuk said, grabbing a crate of looted snacks and handing it to her. She nodded, leaving the base first and the others following afterwards.

Since they were the organizers this year, they were the first ones to arrive and now had enough time to decorate and clean the area a bit. The place had enough space for 200 people, meaning that this year would be the best one out of all. Since there were also going to be 16 and 17 year olds as well, non alcoholic drinks were made for the minors. But knowing how they were in that age and were very excited for the event, those drinks would probably remain mostly untouched.

Jisung, Misoo and Jeongyun were the security guards since they didn't want to drink, Bomin and Chaeji were working as the waitresses, Chanmin was the barman and Namhyuk was the DJ and head of the special effects. As for Yoohyeon and Bora, they were just there for the fun and pleasure, but their task was to make sure there weren't any secret spies or weapons brought inside, as well as cautiously watch over people who had different intentions.

They also put up a poster for dancers and were more than surprised when they saw a total of 6 gorgeous women and men from the Explorers faction volunteer as dancers. Yoohyeon and Bora gifted them some old coins from almost a 100 years ago as a souvenir and the Explorers were so happy that they promised to give their all for the night.

Everything was now set and done, all they had to do was wait for the fun to arrive.

...

Jiu and Minjoon were in the canteen, pretending to eat dinner but they were actually thinking of a plan.

"There are 10 minutes left before the gates close, we need a plan to leave this place unnoticed." Jiu whispered, getting a nod from Joon. "Yeah, but.. Do you think Yoohyeon has the magnet with her?" He questioned.

"I'm.. not sure-" She then clicked with her tongue, remembering how the girl had the regular coin hidden in her bra. Yoohyeon might have the real one with her. "Actually.. I think she does have it.. Damn it." Jiu cursed under her breath, but also thought it might have been best that it's with the girl, since the chances for Jiu to stealthily steal it were higher and easier.

The twins then heard a loud buzzing sound, meaning the gates were getting closed and that the Icebreakers should return to their dorms to either rest or train. Minjoon then sighed with hope and quickly rushed to Jiu's room, leaving the girl to wonder if she should follow him or not, but she did in the end.

"Why didn't you tell me that- OH! SORRY!" Jiu ran back to her room and quickly closed her eyes when she saw Minjoon was changing into his club outfit and ran back out. Thankfully, he was almost done, so she didn't see anything that could've been very embarrassing. Minjoon told her to come back in and he nervously asked her how he looked.

To her surprise, his muscles were much more visible than she remembered, so the shirt was slightly tight and it showed his abs. She gave him a thumbs up and pushed him into her bathroom to wait while she wore her costume.

When she was done, she called him to rate her and he immediately clapped while pretending to be a fanboy, making her smack his arm. He pat her head and complimented her on the great looks of both costumes, taking the masks and putting them on. And when he took a last glance on his watch, he smiled and counted to three with his fingers. And right then-

*ALARM*

Jiu looked at Minjoon in shock, asking what he did. He pointed at his laptop and said he turned off all lights in the settlement and headquarters, making it almost impossible for them to get noticed while sneaking out. Jiu pouted and hugged her brother because he really tried hard to go to that party. He pretended to be annoyed and pushed her off, showing her an unexpected pinky promise from nowhere.

"If one of us gets caught, we both are leaving the Icebreakers. Deal?" Minjoon asked, getting an instant affirmation from his sister as she accepted the pinky promise and smiled. "Deal."

The two firstly looked around the hallway, noticing that no one was there. They then quickly rushed all the way down to the 1st floor from the stairs, jumping over the railings and most steps. There were some Icebreakers there, but thanks to the electricity cutout they weren't noticed leaving from the main entrance.

When they finally made it outside the building, they noticed a few Scouts patrolling around the gates, so they had to think of a quick distraction. Minjoon then pulled out a little ball from his pocket and threw it far from the gates. And suddenly, it started making popping noises as if it was fireworks. That action earned the scouts' attention and the two fleeing generals now had a clear opening infront of them.

"Really Minjoon? Firecrackers? How did you even get some so quickly?" Jiu whispered with a surprised smile, shocked that he even thought about it. "I had to try my best, you know." Minjoon showed her a smug face, running first to give a helping hand for Jiu to jump over the gate.

They had the most coordinated teamwork out of all Icebreakers since they used to always train together. The escape was almost nothing to them and they managed to perfectly leave the settlement unnoticed. The siblings high-fived eachother and rushed to the nightclub with nervous smiles.

Once they were near the entrance, they noticed a boy playing with his outfit's cape and standing outside - maybe he was the bouncer. Minjoon remembered seeing him a few times on the cameras and recognized him as Jisung. Jiu was going to go in, but got stopped by her brother who was pretty anxious.

"What if they don't let us in?" Joon nervously asked, getting mocked by his sister who was way too impatient. She smacked his arm and pulled him, interlocking her arm with his' and waiting in line. There were only 2 survivors before them, so they would manage to go in faster than they expected.

Once it was their turn, Jisung looked at them in awe and gave them two sticker-badges, meaning they were allowed to go inside.

"You two have the coolest outfits yet! Are you a couple?" Jisung excitedly asked, making the two siblings stare at eachother and audibly gag. Jiu shook her hand and threw her arm over the disgusted man next to her.

"No, God no! This thing is my twin brother, so don't worry, he's available!" Jiu joked, making both Jisung and Minjoon embarrassed by her remark. Jisung smiled at the two and thought that this night might be one of the coolest, so he happily let them in and gave them a VIP token, meaning they can sit next to the DJ and request songs. The twins saluted out of muscle memory, but thankfully the boy didn't notice it.

They sighed in relief once they walked along the hallway and were very surprised to hear what sounded like actual club music. They rushed to check if what they heard was right and almost dropped to their knees because of the incredible view.

The nightclub had flashing red LED lights all around the place, a whole DJ blasting great music, dancers and a bar! The siblings didn't know they could survive long enough in this world to be able to experience such thing. They walked towards the only free VIP table right next to the DJ and they gave him a thumbs up for the cool music he was playing.

Namhyuk looked at the two and smiled, leaning closer to ask them if they had any songs in mind to play. Jiu shook her head but noticed how hesitant Joon was. She nudged him to have fun and enjoy himself, as if their Icebreakers life never existed. Namhyuk pointed at the duo and liked how much club potential they had. He called over Bomin and asked her to bring the two good quality cocktails and Bomin nodded, soon bringing over mojito and some punch.

Jiu and Minjoon stared at the drinks while drooling, taking a sip from the cocktail first and the siblings widened their eyes at the taste. They didn't know if it was anywhere near the actual taste, but whatever they just tried was magnificent. Namhyuk chuckled at their reactions and continued his DJ-ing with a proud smile. He knew tonight would be great.

› :

The twins were having a talk about the quality of everything in the club and noticed the DJ right next to them sit on his chair and sigh in defeat. Joon tapped on his elbow and tilted his head in confusion. Namhyuk pointed at the laptop and shrugged, gesturing that something was wrong with the settings and it kept on lagging non-stop.

Minjoon, the tech guru he was, stood up from his seat and asked for permission from the boy to check it out. When he got the permission he needed, Minjoon carefully examined it's software and electronics without causing any disturbance to the music. Namhyuk slowly leaned forwards and jumped in happiness when the man somehow managed to fix the problems. Both of them high-fived eachother and Namhyuk pointed at the playlist, letting the dude play whatever he wanted.

Because of the drinks Minjoon took, he was feeling a bit more relaxed and daring, so he turned to his sister and waved to get her attention. When Jiu saw the look on his eyes, she knew that it was about to get.. fun.

Once the song started playing, cheers erupted in the club and everyone was hyped up, applauding the two boys on the DJ stand. Minjoon clapped his hands while laughing and jumping, pointing at Jiu and mouthing "I'm fucking insane", making her laugh her ass of at his remark. She knew her brother was born to be one with music, but because of this whole virus thing his whole potential was hidden away.

Jiu was taking sips of the punch when she noticed someone sitting down on the couch next to her. She turned around to face the person and smiled, seeing a woman wearing a queen-like outfit and a cute crow-tit mask. The woman pointed at Jiu and Joon with a raised eyebrow, getting a disapproving head-shake from Jiu and her defensively mouthing "siblings".

Jiu didn't know why everyone thought they were dating when it was more than obvious how much they looked alike, but knowing they wore masks to hide their faces could have been why. It was still funny how people were trying to hit on her brother and her as well, but didn't because of that lone reason.

"Is that actually your brother? He really knows what songs to play, I'm impressed." The latter leaned closer to say to Jiu because of the loud music, then both women laughed at how energetic the two dudes were on the DJ stand. Jiu raised her glass, the other woman returning the gesture by clinking them together and drinking her drink all in one go, Jiu following afterwards.

Right then, the song changed to one of Minjoon and Jiu's favorites when they were kids.

The two women smiled to eachother and took this as a sign to go to the dance floor. Jiu gave a quick glance to her brother to watch the table and he gave her an okay sign, still having his fun with the mixing station along Namhyuk.

"Hey dude, you got a name? I'm Namhyuk." The DJ revealed himself and asked the man for his name, making Minjoon think for a second but he didn't seem like lying to the boy, he wasn't a bad guy. "I'm Minjoon." The dudes shook hands, finally becoming acquaintances.

Jiu and the woman got on the dance floor and instantly became everyone's favorites. People whistled and threw paper money on the floor, cheering them on. Jiu has never had this much fun and thanks to the drinks, her head felt like floating all the time and dancing in a way she never thought she'd dance while sober, especially next to a woman she just met.

"I'm Queen Sua. What's your name, little dance machine?" The queen-like woman revealed herself as Sua while bowing. Jiu leaned to her ear to reveal herself as well, but wanted to keep her actual identify a secret, just like Sua. "Just call me Charisma Princess, Queenie." Jiu chuckled, getting a laughter with a fist bump from Sua. Both knew they'd become friends quickly if they revealed their true identities, but didn't want to risk anything for now.

› CHANGE OF SONGS:

Jiu giggled when she heard the song playing, thinking her brother was looking at her and Sua and that's why he played a seductive song. But in reality, Minjoon wasn't on the DJ stand with Namhyuk anymore, but was actually walking towards them to try and dance with Sua since he found her moves mesmerizing. The song was actually played by Namhyuk, who noticed the eyes of his leader moving up and down over his new acquaintance's sister.

Yoohyeon was sitting by a table with 4 other girls and talking with them, but when she looked towards the dance floor and noticed Bora dancing with a woman she hasn't seen before, her attention was averted to them. She already knew Bora's dancing was top notch, but the other one wasn't anywhere near bad. Yoohyeon was much more captivated by her than by any other dancer here.

She thanked the girls she sat with for the talk and left, walking down some stairs and keeping her eyes on the dancing woman at all times. Once she reached the dance floor, she tried to walk straight but it was too hard since she had a little bit too many drinks. But right then, she finally saw the woman's back and wanted to approach her without pushing her away, so she gestured Bora to look her way.

Bora noticed her and turned her head to look at Yoohyeon. The younger pointed with her finger towards the unfamiliar dancing woman and pleaded for help, getting a teasing smile from the older. Bora also noticed Minjoon walking her way and suddenly got an idea, right as if it was out of a movie.

She pulled the man by his collar to whisper her idea to his ear, him widening his eyes. Minjoon already knew that the girl was Yoohyeon, but he didn't expect something like this to happen at all. He wanted to say no since he knew something would happen if Yoohyeon found out that was Jiu, but Bora's provocative look really got to him and he agreed in an instant.

Minjoon let go of Bora and walked to Jiu, grabbing her by the shoulders and getting funnily stared at by his sister. She ruffled his hair by slightly standing on her toes and continued dancing, not paying much attention to him. He tried not to laugh at his sister's drunken state but to focus on his little mission to get Jiu and Yoohyeon to dance together. He always got himself in such stupid situations because of his sister..

When it was nearing the end of the song, he looked at Namhyuk and raised his hand high enough to get his attention. The DJ squinted his eyes and saw Minjoon repeatedly showing three numbers with his hands - 1, 5, 3. He didn't understand at first, but when he looked at his playlist, he saw which song was on that number and shook his head with a smile, showing a thumbs up to Joon.

Minjoon cheered to himself and turned to look at Bora, who seemed ready as well. They nodded and switched partners. Minjoon was with Bora now, while Jiu and Yoohyeon were a duo.

› :          

Jiu stared at the girl infront of her in a daze as the latter was just smiling. The woman couldn't believe what was happening, but the song was hitting her right in the mood and she automatically started moving while still surprisingly staring at Yoohyeon.

"Did my beauty amaze you, cutie?" Yoohyeon teasingly spoke, bringing Jiu back to her senses and that made Jiu lightly chuckle. Yoohyeon swore she heard this exact chuckle before, but she had no idea where or when since she couldn't think about anything else at all. The woman before her looked fabulous.

"I think it's the other way around, puppy." Jiu teased back by pulling on the girl's puppy ears, feeling the song. Yoohyeon tilted her head after hearing the woman's voice and suddenly smiled. She knew this voice..

"Oh really? You may not be wrong about that." Yoohyeon chuckled, still staring at the lady with her killer gaze. Though, she was instantly captivated by the way how the latter was dancing and went along with the way she moved, putting a hand on the woman's waist and pulling her close.

"I'm Yoohyeon. How should I call you, my princess?" Yoohyeon whispered in her ear, making Jiu suddenly feel nervous. She didn't know if it was because of her actual identity or the alcohol and whispery voice hitting a spot in her brain, but she was feeling goosebumps all over her. Since when was Yoohyeon such a flirt? Minji could play that game as well.

"I'm Minji, but your princess sounds good too, puppy." Jiu revealed her real name - the one Yoohyeon didn't know of.. yet

The music was making their little dance session much more heated than they expected. Yoohyeon's hands were on the woman's waist while Jiu's back was facing Yoohyeon's front and she was moving in sync with the song, pushing herself more on the outcast. Their bodies were pressed together and Jiu used her hands to push her hair away from the girl's face and turned her head a bit to the left, feeling the girl's hot breath hit her skin.

Jiu didn't know what she was thinking, but she suddenly turned to face Yoohyeon to put her hands around her neck, while Yoohyeon's hold was still on the Icebreaker's waist. They didn't look into eachother's eyes, but only stared down at their lips.

"Are you trying to seduce me, princess? Because it's working really well." Yoohyeon admitted while smirking, making Minji smile and lean closer to her ear. "It's my special talent. Don't fall too hard for me~" She teasingly said, earning a chuckle from Yoohyeon.

Jiu was really feeling herself at that moment until she suddenly remembered about her initial task. She almost forgot about it because of the way Yoohyeon was acting.. again.

But then she wondered, if they met again after a while, they would probably meet again, right? Should she make use of this time to finally spend some time having the fun she never could or keep on doing her mission to rank up to Lieutenant? Her mind was perplexed, but there was one person infront of her that helped her make her final choice..

"How about we spend some time talking to eachother? Alone." Minji whispered, making Yoohyeon suddenly turn to look at her, face to face, and their lips were a few bits away from making contact. "It would be my pleasure, Minji."

Jiu stared at the girl's lips and back up to her eyes, feeling a sudden blood-rush reach up to her cheeks and a little smile formed on her mouth. She placed a finger on Yoohyeon's lips and pulled her along to her table. She didn't know what was happening to her, but she didn't mind it because of the amount of fun she was having. Yoohyeon was definitely an interesting person to be around with.

Minjoon and Bora noticed everything happening from the bar and gave eachother a high-five.

Suddenly, the woman turned to look at the man beside her and tapped on his shoulder. "Come with me." Bora spoke.

Joon looked at her immediately while drinking his punch and saw her pointing at a room. He raised his eyebrows while pointing at himself and almost choked on the drink he was drinking when she dragged him there, locking it from the inside.

"Ah, this damn woman.. Yet another unfortunate man who will fall for her tricks." Chanmin shook his head in disbelief while pouring a drink to Chaeji and Bomin, them agreeing with him and also sighing.

› :

Jiu sat down on the couch and Yoohyeon followed her by sitting next to the woman, looking at her. Jiu smiled when she noticed the way how Yoohyeon stared at her and the woman let her take a sip from her glass. Yoohyeon widened her eyes at the taste, asking if this was mojito and the latter nodded, letting her drink as much as she wanted to. The girl was the organizer after all.

Yoohyeon almost drank the whole thing, feeling even tipsier than before and she wrapped her hand around Minji's waist for balance. Jiu wasn't anywhere far from the state Yoohyeon was in, since she wasn't used to drinking so much, or at all. The woman let her intrusive thoughts win and she moved to sit on Yoohyeon's lap, grabbing the punch and drinking it in one go to show off.

"I don't think I've seen you before, princess. Is it your first time coming to such survivor clubs?" Yoohyeon asked, unknowingly staring up and down the woman and smiling at her visuals. She then felt a hand gently grab her jaw and move her vision up. Yoohyeon almost choked up because of how confidently Minji did that.

"Eyes up here, puppy. And yes, it's my first time here. I suppose you've been here more than just once by the way you've been flirting with every lady in your way." Jiu jokingly said, secretly feeling a bit nervous. She realized Yoohyeon was more of a socially active person, but the thought of her talking like this with someone else made her feel undeniably curious. She didn't want others to take advantage of the kindness Yoohyeon was showing.

Suddenly, Yoohyeon grabbed Minji's hand and intertwined their hands together, slightly wincing because it was her injured hand. It had healed fully, but it still felt weird to move it around. Jiu noticed and tried to stop her from hurting herself, but Yoohyeon shook her head, caressing the woman's hand with her thumb.

"I don't freely let just any lady touch me the way you are right now Minji. And I feel like you deserve to be different than them- No, you are different than them." Yoohyeon admitted, making the latter feel a sudden heartthrob. Jiu didn't know what was happening to her, but she really liked the way how Yoohyeon spoke right now. She wanted to blame it on her drunken state, but deep inside knew that this girl was definitely building her own world in the heart of the Icebreaker. Minji already had a spot for Yoohyeon.

"You're good with your words, Yoohyeon. Do you want me to give you a reward for being so nice to me?" Minji asked while moving her free hand from Yoohyeon's shoulder to her neck, up to her cheek. Yoohyeon gulped while nodding, trying to hide her excitement. "How could I say no to such offer?"

"Then close your eyes puppy."

Jiu slightly smiled at the little thought she had just now and she let it take over her. If it was with Yoohyeon, she would risk it. She grabbed her glass with the last remaining mojito and played with Yoohyeon's bottom lip before taking it all in her mouth and moving closer to the girl's face.

Yoohyeon had already closed her eyes as per Minji's request and internally squealed when she felt a pair of two soft lips touch hers, then the alcoholic liquid making it's way inside her mouth. She gulped it all down while still feeling the softness of Minji's lips pressed on hers. This was the best kiss she has ever had her whole life, and it was the first one with that woman.

Minji repositioned herself to comfortably sit on Yoohyeon's lap while fully facing her, bringing her hands up to the girl's cheeks and cuping them in a way that made their kiss even more passionate. This was a surprise to Minji, because she never knew that kissing a girl would be this exciting. Especially Yoohyeon, one she met not too long ago.

Yoohyeon traveled her hands to hold the woman's thighs, squeezing them out of the excitement she was feeling. Minji smirked in between the kiss and lightly bit the girl's bottom lip, opening an entrance to Yoohyeon's mouth to insert her tongue, starting a little game of exploration. Yoohyeon felt her heartbeat rapidly increase, smiling at every action the woman was doing to her. Such admiring confidence..

The two soon broke off the intense kiss, taking in deep breaths and staring at eachother in amazement. All that Yoohyeon could do was mouth "Wow" when it was over, still asking for more with her needy eyes.

"Wow Minji, you're incredible.." Yoohyeon mumbled, her hands moving up to the woman's waist to squeeze it. "I want to get to know you better after tonight." She added with sincerity, staring into the woman's eyes.

Minji gulped at those words, tilting her head. "Are you sure you want to get to know me?" She asked with a smile, but it hid nervousness and worry behind it. Would Yoohyeon still want to get to know her better if she knew that Minji was Jiu all along?

"Why wouldn't I be sure? I don't care if you're from a faction or not, you're special Minji. I don't care who you are here, but I care who you are in general."

Those words made Jiu sigh in perplexity. She then closed her eyes and had no idea why she felt like it, but she leaned to the girl's ear and whispered something that left the latter in confusion. Yoohyeon blinked a few times to process the information she just received and then laughed, suddenly hugging the shocked woman.

"I knew it!" Yoohyeon whispered to herself, but it wasn't heard by the latter. She was still as confused and surprised as ever.

"Are you not.. upset at me?" Minji hesitantly hugged the girl back, worrying if she was actually mad and pretended to be okay with it. But Yoohyeon instantly pulled out the hug and shook her head with a bright smile, suddenly standing up while carrying Minji and wobbily walking inside an unoccupied room, then locking it.

Yoohyeon let Minji down and removed her own mask, together with the puppy ears, still smiling widely. Minji tilted her head and saw Yoohyeon's hands now move behind her head and remove her mask, revealing the identity that Minji hid, but Yoohyeon already knew of. Yoohyeon put her hands on the woman's shoulders and chuckled, sending exciting shivers down Minji's spine when she heard her next words.

"I already had a feeling you were Jiu when we danced because I recognized your voice. And now that I'm more than sure it's you, I brought you here so we can spend some time alone, Kim Minji. Are you up for that?"

› END OF CHAPTER 4 ‹

It's getting a little heated, huh?

› ‹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 1.9K 33
Zombie apocalypse, something no one would've foretold. An explosion, in the middle of the night and suddenly all these cannibalistic people go 'round...
435 39 6
❝Don't speak. Don't make noise. 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲.❞ The world falls victim to a man-made plague, one that captures it's host through...
5.7K 229 18
Everything was fine, we were done practicing, and having fun until... you got hurt. I couldn't bare this happening again. I was there Hyung, I stayed...
838 67 13
When one loses their memories, only two possibilities, a new start or a new hate story. What will they both do when one wants answers and the other d...