Falling in love

By alwaysbusyimagining

Aadhya Advani Smart. Pretty. Kind. Having a personality of sunshine... More

00 | AUTHOR'S NOTE
00 | CHARACTER AESTHETICS
00 | β™« PLAYLIST β™«
01 | NEW BEGINNING
02 | MISANTHROPY
03 | DINNER
04 | CLIQUE
05 | MOVIE
06 | FOE
07 | FAMILY
08 | VICTORY
09 | BIPOLAR
10 | JEALOUSY
11 | OVERBEARING
12 | VODKA
13 | THREE TOED SLOTH
14 | BEAST
15 | TICKET TO HELL
16 | DUMB CHARADES
17 | CAPRICIOUS
19 | BARGAINING SKILLS
20 | CHANGE
21 | SIN
22 | TOSKA
23 | DANCE PARTNERS
24 | DESIRE
25 | HALCYON
26 | REUNION
27 | STAR OF THE NIGHT
28 | FAREWELL
29 | BIRTHDAY TRADITION
30 | PROGRESS
31 | FELICITY
32 | SOLACE
33 | DENIAL
34 | TRYST
35 | LA LA LAND
36 | CAT OUT OF THE BAG
37 | EPIPHANY
38 | SEMINAR
39 | THE BOOK
40 | DAWN
ANNOUNCEMENT
41 | PLAN
42 | FIXATED
43 | THE CONFESSION
44 | FOR ME
EPILOGUE
New book alertt!!

18 | PERSUASION

3.4K 218 4
By alwaysbusyimagining

Aadhya's POV

"Excuse me ma'am!" I run to catch up with my Textile professor Ms. Brown or she prefers Lizze.

She turns around hearing my voice "Yes Aadhya"

"Ma'am are you free? Could I talk to you for a moment?" I ask desperately hoping she is free. She looks at her watch and says "Yeah. I have 15 mins. Tell me"

I take my design and mind map, for the Winter Design Project 1, out to show her "Ma'am I've made the changes you had previously asked me to. This is the revised version of my sketch and along with that I've also done some research with the materials and stuff. I've made something like a mind map"

She takes the paper and starts reading it while I stand there nervously cracking my knuckles. After a tortuous 5 mins, her face finally breaks into a grin.

"I must say you've done a good job. I personally love the sleeves. You can proceed with the making of the dress. This will look impressive on your portfolio. But before you start the portfolio, I'll show you a few samples and I'll give you a few more ideas to make it exceptional."

By now I have a grin ear to ear, not able to contain the happiness. I furiously nod "Definitely ma'am. Let me know when you're free I'll stop by your office"

With a smile then she leaves and I go to the café where I'm guessing everyone is. The bell rings when I open the door of the café and I walk in to the cashier to place an order for hazelnut latte with extra cream and a sandwich. Because the order will be prepared in some time I walk to our usual spot only to find all of my friends are there!

I clear my throat to grab their attention. "So guess whose design has been finalized for the Winter Design Project 1?"

They all look up from their gadgets and look at me confused. Anaya's face suddenly breaks into a realizing grin "No way! Shut up! Your design has been approved! OMG I'm so happy for you"

She squeals in excitement and launches herself at me. Meanwhile other congratulate me as well

"Babe, I'm so proud of you!! I knew you could do it" Aditi screams and hugs me along with Rishi and Sid who says "obviously she had to get it. Whose friend is she huh? Mine" making me roll my eyes at him. I narrate everything that ma'am said about the portfolio.

".. So now I need to get all the fabrics and other materials. The submission is before Christmas and now it's the end of October. I have like only 2 months in hand and it will be over within a blink of the eye. And if I don't start now then I won't be able to submit the project and if don't do that-" Dhruv interrupts my rambling and overthinking

"Chill! you have 2 months and you will complete it" Before I can reply the barista calls me and I walk to him to pick my order but I almost miss the person I've been ignoring ever since the party in Manali.

It's been 3 weeks since we're back from the trip and I've been avoiding him since then. I would be lying if I said his words didn't hurt me because it did and honestly now it feels like I'm used to feeling unwanted.

He doesn't want me anywhere near him and I'm simply fulfilling his wishes. It was a little easy because of classes and I've been working pretty hard on this project. For the other times I kinda lured Sid into telling his schedule as it's the same for Reyhaan as well.

Somewhere down the line, he was correct about the pretend I play. It was like he could see right through me. Right through the walls I have built for myself. High enough that no one has seen beyond.

The person I truly am. The things I have hid. The things I am ashamed of. The things that make me truly myself. My insecurities, my anxiety, my fears. But how did he see right through the layers, when no one before could know until and unless I tell them.

I brush these thoughts away. I don't wanna spoil my mood today, I've tried to stay away all this while but today he's gotta bear my presence. I thank the barista with a smile while taking my coffee and sandwich.

Dhruv pulls out a chair for me next to him and I ruffle his hair before sitting.

"Aditi, do you know any fabric store or something here?" I ask

She thinks for a minute and says "you can check out Fellafore. It's half an hour from here. That is without traffic"

"Oh okay. But how are the prices? I don't want to spend a fortune when its not the final final project you know" I say

She nods her head in understanding "I totally get it and don't worry it's pretty nominal"

"Okay then! I have a few things coming up next week so I'll check it out today itself" As soon as I finish saying Sid says "Today?"

"Hmm yeah" I nod

He then asks "Fellafore right? It is in Jaynagar right?" to which Aditi nods with a confused look. But by the mischievous glint on Sid's eyes, I know this is leading to a disaster

"Perfect. Look at the coincidence, Rey is heading towards his office which also happens to be in the same area" See! I knew it!

"Yeah so?" I ask indifferently

He looks at Aditi, somehow they are having telepathic conversation through the eyes. She tries to hide the cheeky smile but I don't miss it "So that means the two of you can go together right Anaya"

"Yes" Anaya says immediately and at the same time both Reyhaan and I say "No"

"She is not coming with me" He says and that is like the first time in weeks I'm seeing him in the eyes

I scoff "Oh please I'd die but I will not go with him!"

"Guys chill down, it's not like we're asking you to get married" Utkarsh says

"Exactly" Neel agrees

"The shop that you want to go to is on the way to our showroom. It would be practical if you guys go together" Dhruv explains, determined to make us go together.

I don't even know why they are so hell bent on this?

"Dhruv can you-" Reyhaan tries to throw a fit but instead Dhruv starts saying "You know Meera di was asking why it took so long at the club yesterday. I said we met a few friends from school but it wouldn't take much to tell her that you were actually-"

"Okay fine!" Reyhaan gives in to Dhruv's blackmail. With a chuckle and a satisfied smile plastered on their face everyone now looks at me.

"Like hell will I ever agree to your devious plan" I say adamantly after rolling my eyes in annoyance

"Give us a proper reason as to why you don't want to go with him" Rishi says

"Him! Listen to yourself, I have to be with the most evil Satan! I gotta endure 30 minutes of hell. He's the biggest reason" My reply makes his roll his eyes

"Weren't you the one talking about how the development in the world is only destroying it more?" Neel asks

Confused, I reply "Yes. but how is that related to this?"

"Shut up and listen to me" He says, making me pout at him while he continues "If you're both gonna go in different vehicles then more petrol will be used right?"

"Yes"

"Then more carbon dioxide and greenhouse gasses will be released which will trap more heat and temperature will rise. Right?"

"Yes"

"Then global warming increases and glaciers will melt. There will be floods and unpredicted snowfall and rainfall or there could be more frequent wildfires right?"

"Yes"

"That means you could either drown in the flood and die or get burned alive in a wildfire"

"What? My death? Global warming? Are you out of your mind?" I ask baffled

"So now you decide, do you want a terrible death huh? Huh!? Huh!?" He pressurizes me. This side of him is so scary and he isn't even giving me a minute to think god dammit.

"No!" I say loudly

"Then you will have to go with Reyhaan, okay?"

"Okay-what no!" I agree first without thinking but I change my answer which is too late because they hear it and start celebrating

"See that is why we keep him! The intellect who is silent and persuasive" Sid says while laughing

"So now it is decided you both are going together" Aditi says excitedly while clapping her hands

"What on earth did I even do to you?" I look at Neel while saying it in a accusive tone while he just waves his hand and laughs

***

"You don't have to give me a ride. I'll manage, you can go and no one will know about it as well" I tell Reyhaan while we walk towards his car in the parking lot

"All of them are gonna ask us a hundred questions and we'll be caught. Then they will eat your ear off by lecturing us and it's on the way to the office only so it's fine" He says as we reach his car, he unlocks his black Mercedes with the key.

"Are you sure? I mean you made it clear that we stay away from each other so.." I cut my sentence short because I didn't find him next to me.

He is in the driving seat while I walk towards the passenger seat and wait outside. He rolls the window down and raises an eyebrow "what are you waiting for?"

"Nothing. I'm not coming with you"

"See I don't have time for this, I need to do some actual work. So stop whining and sit" He says rudely

"You literally yelled at me and asked me to stay away. I'm just following that" I retort

He then replies "Oh yeah? Then now I'm asking you to sit in the car"

"Oh no no no. I'm not gonna deal with your mood swings so stop ordering me around"

He runs a hand through his hair in frustration "Aadhya stop being silly and for god's sakes just sit in the goddamn car"

"I won't"

"I will make you" he threatens

I narrow my eyes at me not believing one word "No you wouldn't"

"Try me" He tilts his head and warns me in a tone that gives me no room for argument. I put my head back and let out a frustrated groan. Why do I always end up listening to him?

With much disappointment I open the door of his car and we leave immediately.

The ride is silent, I mostly look out of the window occasionally glancing at Reyhaan who is fully focused on the road. His face looks a lot more relaxed right now, they have softened a bit but that killer jawline of his is sharp like a knife even now.

My eyes trail down his face to his arms, one is on his thigh and the other loosely gripping the steering wheel. His muscles have hugged his black t-shirt just perfectly- not too tight or loose, just perfect.

He takes a right turn and I almost melt into a puddle when I see him rotate the steering wheel with one hand in ease. Which is crazy because I've never found that particular thing hot. But when he does it, I just wanna never look away!

Okay I've been staring way too much. I look away as I feel the rosy hues seep across my cheek as it warms up in embarrassment.

For a distraction, I ask him "Can we play some music?"

"Yeah sure just connect your phone to the Bluetooth" He replies after he halts the car in the signal which honestly takes me by surprise. I thought he would play it from his phone but I guess it's my playlist then.

"Hey by the way we'll have to stop at home. I need to pick a file, it wouldn't take too long" he says and I nod mumbling "yeah okay" while connecting my phone to the Bluetooth.

Fifteen minutes later, we drove through these huge gates and OH MY WORD! If my house was big then this is a freaking Manor!

.

Author's Note

That was something.. Global warming is serious Aadhya! But what about the rise in temperature because of our very own hottie?? *wink*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 1.1K 21
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝟏 𝐒𝐧 "𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄 π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’" π€πˆππ€Γ—π’π€πŒπ„π„π‘ "Κœα΄‡ Ιͺꜱ α΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€Κα΄›ΚœΙͺΙ΄Ι’ κœ±Κœα΄‡ Κœα΄€κœ± ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴑᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ" "κœ±Κœα΄‡ Ιͺꜱ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄Κ™κœ±α΄‡κœ±κœ±Ιͺᴏɴ Κœα΄‡ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴑᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ" ...
213K 10.9K 56
Plot twist : Your crush loves you back!πŸ’˜ Join Spruha and Varad in their love journeyπŸ§‘πŸ’™ π—šπ—Ήπ—Άπ—Ίπ—½π˜€π—² ~ "Varradd!! We're so close!" She said stutt...
1.5M 51.8K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
103K 6.5K 85
✧It all started with a slap✧ β•°β”ˆβž€ π‘ͺπ’‰π’‚π’π’…π’Šπ’π’Š π‘Ίπ’†π’‰π’ˆπ’‚π’ She is beautiful, smart, and an introvert who has no problem putting others in their p...