Flexible Book Exchange (Open)

By Flexiblebookexchange

Welcome to the Flexible Book Exchange, a club for writers and readers looking to get feedback on their work... More

Welcome
How this works (New members must read)
Sign-up for new members/books
Club rules
Comment Guidelines
FAQ
May Stories 2024
May exchange 2024 (post requests here)
May Sign-Up 2024 (for returning members)
April Sign-up 2024 (for retuning members)
April Stories 2024
April Exchange 2024 (post requests here)
March Stories 2024
March exchange 2024 (post requests here)
February Stories 2024
February Exchange 2024 (request exchanges here)
January Stories 2024
January Exchange 2024 (request exchanges here)
December exchange 2023
November exchange 2023
October Exchange 2023
September Exchange 2023
August exchange 2023
July exchange 2023
May Exchange 2023
April Exchange 2023
March Exchange 2023
February Exchange 2023
January Exchange 2023
December Exchange 2022
November exchange 2022
October Exchange 2022
September Exchange 2022
August exchange 2022
July exchange 2022
February Stories 2022
January Stories 2022
January Exchange 2022
December Stories 2021
December exchange 2021
November Stories 2021
November Exchange 2021
October Stories 2021
October Exchange 2021
September Stories 2021
September Exchange 2021
August Stories 2021
August Exchange 2021
July Stories 2021
July exchange 2021
June Stories 2021
June exchange 2021
May Stories 2021
May Exchange 2021
April Stories 2021
April Exchange 2021
March Stories 2021
March Exchange 2021
February Stories 2021
February Exchange 2021
January Exchange 2021
December Exchange 2020
November exchange 2020
October exchange 2020
September exchange 2020
August exchange 2020
July exchange 2020
June exchange 2020
May exchange 2020
April Exchange 2020
November Exchange
October exchange 2019

June Exchange 2023

355 6 234
By Flexiblebookexchange

Welcome to our new members joining us this month amoreodiamanti, reindolfwrites, ST4RRYKN1GHT, -starsailor, and yoursecretlibrary!

Please note that some members are participating in both Light and Fun and Moderate so please confirm with your exchange partner which of the two types of reading exchanges you plan on doing before beginning to comment on their story. I've divided the list into sections to try and make that easier.

I mark the accepted exchanges with either LF for light and fun or M for Moderate depending on either what you've agreed to in the comments or if one of the writers is only participating in one of the sections.

You are welcome to ask club members to read any story on your profile even if it isn't listed as your club book. Just make sure everyone's okay with the rating and let them know if there are any trigger warnings.

***

Exchange requests can be sent from June 1st to June 27th (evening). All exchanges should be completed by July 1st (10 am CST).

Please inline comment on the 'send a request', 'Accepted' and 'Finished' sections. Please don't comment on the incomplete/complete section as your comments will get lost when we update. Those sections are just to help us keep track of what everyone is reading.

Please remember

1) Tags. People won't be notified of the request unless you tag them. If someone hasn't replied to your request in a few days, double-check that you tagged them correctly.

2) Accepted/finished comments must include username, name of book and number of chapters (including chapter numbers i.e. ch 4-6).

3) Don't go over your open request limit. If you are new to the club, you have two (at a time, once, they're complete, you can keep exchanging). If you're returning see below. Each request should not exceed 5 chapters.

If a new member has two incomplete requests, they cannot accept any more until they're complete.

If someone has a star* by their name, they can accept 3. Two stars** means they can accept 4 requests at a time.

All exchanges should be completed by the morning of July 1st. Please notify me before the due date if you need an extension.

***

Writers in this section are only looking for Light and Fun exchanges. Minimum comment requirements for Light and Fun are 5+ inline comments per chapter. At least 3 of those comments should be at least 5 words long each or the total comments should add up to 15+ words per chapter. Shorter reactions and/or emojis are accepted in addition to the above too.

***

Username: ella_rowan ** (has 2 stories listed) ✔️

Story 1: Between Life and Death

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Fanfiction (rpf)

Chapters: 33 (complete)

Description: After a disastrous evening, Julian takes a taxi to nowhere and wakes up in the Afterlife. He must navigate the Afterlife legal system to discover his fate, and falls in love with a boy named Noel ... who unfortunately seems to be headed for the eternal bliss Julian will be denied. The question is - does the Cosmos make mistakes?

Warnings: Rated Mature for language and mild sexual content (lgbt), trigger warnings on relevant chapters. Death themes, mention of suicide.

Feedback preferences: Would love to hear your reactions, thoughts, theories ... anything! The plot is quite complex, so especially tell me if you think there's a plot hole, or something I didn't make clear.

Average chapter length: Around 1500 words. Nothing longer than 2500.

Reading preferences: Willing to give anything a shot.

Will read mature: Yes, if not too violent or gory for too much of the text.

Section I'd like to join: Light and fun

Story 2: Raven and Rue

Genre: Fantasy (fairytale, retelling, romance)

Chapters: 30

Description (130 words max.): A quirky retelling of Cinderella set in an alternate history and a pagan world, with a male protagonist.

Warnings (Mature content): Not marked Mature, but does have adult themes and discussion of sex and sexuality. LGBTQ+. Chapters marked with relevant warnings.

Feedback preference: Both. I am currently editing the story, so would be very grateful for any feedback. But light and fun comments are very welcome too.

Average chapter length: 1500-2000 words

Reading preferences (likes/dislikes): I have broad reading tastes.

Will read mature content: Yes, but there's only so much misery, blood and gore I can take.

Send a request to ella_rowan: (inline comment here)

ella_rowan's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

ella_rowan's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 2 chapters (7&8) of The Men Next Door by wildfirehoney

2 chapters of 'No Strings Attached' by Hammywentz

2 chapters of 'Vanished' by voyageavecmoi

3 chapters of #WitchcraftWednesday by bigfivedonaldduckfan

Username: MarCafeWrites ** ✔️

Book Title: A Bartender's Guide to Paying it Forward

Genre: general fiction/literary fiction

Number of Chapters: 16 (plus a very short prologue + epilogue)

Average Length of Chapters: 2100 - 2500 words

Description: Tate has been the bartender at The Imp's Bottle for years. The dive bar attracts a trickling array of unusual patrons, but due to his social anxiety, Tate avoids conversation and interaction....

Until a random encounter with a beautiful girl causes Tate to open up in a way he never imagined possible. Unbeknownst to Tate, the girl's kindness plants a seed, inspiring him to abandon his wallflower nature.

The changes are subtle at first, but rather than hyperfocus on his beloved retro music and impulsive need to clean, Tate begins to converse and interact with the bar's patrons. He becomes more outspoken, engaged, and confident. And his positive changes inspire changes in those around him.

However, not everyone is thrilled with Tate's newfound confidence. Ali, the bar's prickly lone waitress, has a bone to pick with Tate. And she plans to come out on top of their little workplace rivalry, no matter the cost to her coworker.|| A story about how the tiniest pebble can create the biggest ripples, this is my entry for ONC 2023. ||

Sensitive Content: a few curse words. Overall the book is very tame and acceptable for all readers.

Is the Story Mature: No. (There are a couple instances of the F word, though.)

Will I read mature content? Yes, just no graphic sex scenes, please.

Feedback Preference: Do you enjoy Tate's voice? Does the story flow well? Are the characters easy to picture/imagine? And just any reactionary opinions!

Which Group: Light & Fun

Send a request to MarCafeWrites: (inline comment here)

MarCafeWrites's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

MarCafeWrites's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE:

COMPLETE:  2 chapters of "Flare of Magic" by ST4RRYKN1GHT (LF)

Username: PriscillaYiadom4 * (2 stories posted) ✔️

Story 1: Mending Hearts

Genre: Romance

Chapters 17( still in Progress)

Descriptions: This is the story of successful couple Diana and Mario who struggle to have children so their decided to have IV treatment to have a child and few months later had twins.

Warnings: None

Reading preference: romance, Chicklit, YA and Poetry.

Will read mature content: few

Section: Still Light and fun

Feedback: not to harsh.

Story 2: Pearls: A short Stories collection

Genre: Short Story, General fiction.

Chapters:14 - Status complete

Descriptions: mostly short Stories of different genres about life , love and friendships.

Warnings: None

Feedback preferences: mild not harsh.

Average chapter length: 900-1000

Reading preferences: romance, romantic comedy, woman fiction, nonfiction, teen fiction and young adults.

Dislikes: horrors, mafia, erotica, werewolf, vampire, thillers and murder.

Will read mature content: No

Section I'd like to join: Light and fun.

Send a request to PriscillaYiadom4: (inline comment here)

PriscillaYiadom4's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

PriscillaYiadom4's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters with UnbalancedMom333

Username: Redchaos-1* ✔️

Title of story: Phantom Ddraig

Genre: Epic fantasy, action, Sci-fi

Chapters: 9

Status: Ongoing

Description: The fall of the multiverse has reshaped reality under the hands of the primordial Sophia, creating the new world of Jord. Join Christian Ddraig, the prince of the reemerging kingdom of Avalon, that now finds itself in the middle of a war between its new neighbors that threatens to drag Avalon into it, as Christian works with his companions to stop the possible total war and the many dark forces emerging from the shadows.

Warnings: Not much, though blood and character deaths will be present.

Feedback preference: casual and constructive

Average Chapter length: 2900-4000

Reading preference: I am okay with anything that isn't romance.

Will read mature content: Yes, as long as it isn't smut.

Section: Light and Fun

Send a request to Redchaos-1: (inline comment here)

Redchaos-1's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

Redchaos-1's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters (4-6) of Everett by violetsadowski

3 chapters (1-3) of Castle of the Damned by bigfivedonaldduckfan

3 chapters of Chimaera by TasiaMera 

Username: _reichii* ✔️

Story: Lost and Found

Genre: Short Story, General Fiction

Chapters: 6, Completed

Description:

"I used to save strangers by sharing my music. And in the process of saving them, I also saved myself. But now that I can't write songs anymore, now that I can no longer save people, who's going to save me?"

They were just colleagues. Not even friends. Hart always thought that there was no chance he and the perfect employee, Aziel, would ever hit it off. They were too different from each other.

But after a tragic incident in Aziel's life, Hart learned he might have had the wrong impression about his coworker all along.

Warnings: suicide of a family member, mentions of depression

Feedback preference: Casual, Constructive

Average chapter length: 2300

Reading preferences (likes/dislikes): I'm cool with anything but would prefer to avoid mafia stories, erotica and fanfictions.

Will read mature content: Yes, as long as the plot doesn't focus solely on smut.

Section I'd like to join: Light and Fun

Send a request to _reichii: (inline comment here)

_reichii's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

_reichii's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters of Vanished by voyageavecmoi

Username: reindolfwrites

Story : The Unknown

Genre : Teen fiction, mystery

Chapters : 5 (Ongoing)

Description: After Pearl lost her life as a result of being sexually abused in school - a prestigious school that has immorality hidden behind its white walls - she returns to seek justice for herself in a dreadful way and let the world know the hidden and the unknown.

Warning : Not much, though there's one romance scene and character deaths

Feedback preference: narration flow and dialogue structure

Average chapter length: 1200 - 2000 words

Will read mature content: yes

Section to join : Light and fun

Send a request to reindolfwrites: (inline comment here)

reindolfwrites's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

reindolfwrites's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 2 chapters of Vanished by voyageavecmoi

COMPLETE:

Username: ST4RRYKN1GHT ✔️

Story: Flare of magic

Genre: Fantasy/Magic/Romance

Chapters: 3 Chapters. (There are more to come.)

Description: Set in a magical world where you have to use crystals to cast magic. You follow Oliver as the protagonist to defeat the villain. He encounters many hardships and must make sacrifices to keep his friends and family alive.

Warnings: It isn't marked mature but there is violence and blood. Darker Themes. No gore nor Sexual content. There are a few LGBTQ+ side characters.

Feedback preferences: Let me know if their are any plot holes. I like more positive and encouraging comments. Also reading reactions. Another thing, let me know if I should tag my story as mature. I think it's in the gray area and Im not too sure if I should.

Average chapter length: This varies between 2-4k.

Reading preferences: I like action, Horror, blood and gore, fantasy. I'll pretty much read anything except non-fiction.

Will read mature content: Affirmative.

Section I'd Like to join: Light and Fun

Send a request to ST4RRYKN1GHT: (inline comment here)

ST4RRYKN1GHT's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

ST4RRYKN1GHT's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 2 chapters of Cultured by BlueJay325

2 Chapters (1&2) of A Bartender's Guide to Paying it Forward by MarCafeWrites

Username: violetsadowski** 

Story: Everett Revised edition

Genre: Scifi/dystopian

Chapters: 22 and counting

Description: Everett, a shy boy, is sent to a boarding school to be reeducated into society after a night of illegally being out with friends passed curfew. Once at the boarding school, he discovers a whole underworld of secrets that he never dreamed of being a part. Now, he must decide if he will assimilate or help to build a new future.

Warnings: some violence

Feedback preference: Any feedback

Average chapter length: Less than 2,000 words

Reading preferences: Not a fan of fanfiction

Will read mature content: yes

Section I'd like to join: Light and fun

Send a request to Violetsadowski: (inline comment here)

Violetsadowski's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

Violetsadowski's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters of The Hereafter by yoursecretlibrary

3 chapters (15-17) of Castle of the Damned by bigfivedonaldduckfan

3 chapters of The Hippies by -starsailor

3 chapters of Phantom Ddraig by Redchaos-1

Username: wildfirehoney** ✔️

Story: The Men Next Door

Genre: Romance

Chapters: 28 out now, updates weekly

Description: When Campbell Kramer accepted a job offer in Manhattan, she never could've imagined what the city had in store for her. Namely, two handsome men who live on either side of her new apartment.

One is older, one is younger. One is introverted, one is extroverted. One is serious, one is playful. Both of them want her attention.

What could go wrong?

Warnings (Mature content): Yes -- explicit sex scenes, mature language, adult themes

Feedback preference: light and fun

Average chapter length: 2k-2.5k

Reading preferences (likes/dislikes): like mature romance, dislike graphic violence

Will read mature content: yes, but prefer to avoid graphic violence

Send a request to Wildfirehoney: (inline comment here)

Wildfirehoney's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

Wildfirehoney' FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 2 chapters (7&8) of Between Life and Death by ella_rowan

3 chapters of Hetty and Ryan by UnbalancedMom333

***

Writers in this section are open to both types of exchanges. Please specify which type of exchange you would like to do in your request.

Username: amoreodiamanti ✔️

Story title: Beauty and Decay

Genre: general fiction / mystery / espionage

Chapters: 3 (ongoing)

Description: Eighteen-year-old Hilda is dragged out of her world by Kate, a chaotic girl who appears on the Swedish island where she lived secluded from humanity for her entire life.

Thrown in the heart of civilization, in the middle of crowded Amsterdam, and while learning to become an intelligence service agent as her grandfather wanted, Hilda starts to discover the pieces which compose the puzzle of her life and actual purpose. All these while experiencing the first feelings of love when she looks up to Kate, her mentor, who ends up guiding her in more ways than she ever thought she would.

On the other side, Kate has had a completely different journey. A lifelong alcoholic turned secret agent at only seventeen along with her classmate and best friend, Iolanda, she's trying to make the best out of every day, holding onto small things that give her the power to go on.

With her contagious sense of humor and a talent to always get in trouble, she manages to make Hilda's life better while being dominated by the same attraction towards the wild girl that she now has to educate.

Both of them get into various situations and try to solve the missions that they receive from Harold, the mysterious leader of their small group in whom Hilda was advised by her grandfather to put her full trust in.

A story about genuine friendship, the power to go on, and how many forms true love can actually take.

The story contains mature content: yes

Chapter length: 2-3k words

Reading preferences: anything

Mature content: yes

Feedback preferences: anything, but I'd like to find out what I can improve in the story and opinions about the main characters, plot, etc.

Send a request to amoreodiamanti: (inline comment here)

amoreodiamanti ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

amoreodiamanti FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters (pr-2) of The Hereafter by yoursecretlibrary 

5 chapters (11-15) of Castle of the Damned by bigfivedonaldduckfan

Username: bigfivedonaldduckfan ** (2 stories listed) ✔️

Story 1: Castle of the Damned

Genre: Horror/mystery

Chapters: 37 (complete)

Description: There's something wrong with the castle.

Perhaps the problem is the young owner, whose odd behaviour arouses suspicion in those around him. Perhaps it's the girl with the secrets and the voice in her head, haunted by the past, the future and something evil in the dark. Could it be the boy who never wanted all the complications he's faced with, holding on to crumbling friendships he's too afraid to let go of? Or is it the mysterious stalker in the night, trying to get to the bottom of an ancient mystery?

In the end, it doesn't matter. They're all damned just the same.

There's something wrong with the castle, and nobody knows why.

Warnings: Strong language, violence, death. Essentially, what you'd expect from a horror story.

Feedback preference: None. I'll take anything.

Average chapter length: 2K-2,5K words

Reading preferences: I'm open to reading anything.

Will read mature content: Yes.

Story 2: #WitchcraftWednesday

Chapters: 17

Description: There's always that something you just can't be bothered to care about. For drug dealer Nathan Devereaux, it's the grimoire he found, complete with working magic and all.

Okay, fine, maybe he tried one spell, and maybe it ended with his curtains on fire. Lesson learned. Leave forces you don't understand alone. Magic or not, for Nathan, this is just another Wednesday.Not everyone shares his opinion. When eccentric YouTube star Jamie Carrera insists on making a video about his discovery and said video breaks the Internet, Nathan finds himself in a spotlight unlike any he's known before. And while Jamie drags him into finding out more about the grimoire's true nature, he learns his criminal associates want his book for themselves - and they'll stop at nothing to get it.

Can Nathan and Jamie get to the bottom of the book's mysteries and keep it from falling into the wrong hands?

Warnings: None

Feedback preference: Anything goes

Average chapter length: 2-3k words

Reading preferences: Open to anything

Will read mature content: yes

Section I'd like to join: Both

Send a request to Bigfivedonaldduckfan: (inline comment here)

Bigfivedonaldduckfan's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

Bigfivedonaldduckfan's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters of Raven and Rue by ella_rowan (LF)

3 chapters (11-13) of Everett by violetsadowski (LF)

3 chapters of 'Phantom Ddraig' by Redchaos-1 (LF)

4 chapters (8.2-10.1) of 'Wolves against the church' by CreationofGod1996 (M)

5 chapters of Beauty and Decay by amoreodiamanti (M) 

Username: BlueJay325 ** (2 stories listed)

Story 1: Cultured

Genre: Mystery/Thriller, Teen Fiction

Chapters: 27 Parts total

Description: The multicultural backgrounds of four high-schoolers seem poised to throw them conflict when they meet during the first week of senior year. But after a grisly murder rocks their California town, all four teenagers find themselves entangled in a twisted mystery with ties to their families' shadowed pasts-a mystery that will bring them face to face with a diabolical killer.

Warnings: This novel contains some instances of bloody violence, though they are not extremely gratuitous or prolonged.

Feedback preference: How interesting is the story's plot as you read-does the storyline make you want to know what will happen next? Are the details and descriptions immersive-do they pull you into the story?

Average chapter length: 2800 to 4000 words.

Reading preferences: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Adventure, Fantasy, Most Horror (I do not want stories heavy on occult or satanic/satanist themes)

Will read mature content: Yes, as long as there are not graphically explicit sex scenes or satanic/occult content

Story 2: Fake Me To Church

Genre: Mystery/Thriller, Teen Fiction

Chapters: 52 (Completed)

Description: After the new kid at a Christian school butts heads with the pastor's entitled son, these two at-odds high schoolers are swept up in the police investigation of a brutal murder with links to the disappearance of a young girl over a decade prior.

Warnings: While not mature, this novel does contain themes of abuse, bloody violence, and family trauma. Sexual actions are implied but never graphically described.

Feedback preference: The level of intrigue of the story, the effectiveness of character interaction in enriching the plot

Average chapter length: Between 1500 and 2500k words

Reading preferences: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Adventure, Fantasy, Most Horror (I do not want stories heavy on occult and/or satanist themes).

Will read mature content: Mature is fine as long as there are not graphically explicit sex scenes or satanic/occult content.

Section I'd like to join: Both.

Send a request to Bluejay325: (inline comment here)

Bluejay325's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

Bluejay325's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 2 chapters of Flare of Magic by ST4RRYKN1GHT (LF)

2 chapters of Wolves Against The Church by CreationofGod1996 (M)

Username: CreationofGod1996** (extension) 

Story: Wolves Against the Church

Genre: Anthro/Fantasy

Chapters: 11 Ongoing (each chapter is divided into 2 parts, plus introduction)

Description: A young gorilla named Ben Mikeno receives Jesus as his Savior at 10 years old and transfers to university at 21. After helping a beautiful leopard named Angel Spotheart fight off a pack of cultic, barbaric wolves known as "Lycanites," Ben attends the first meeting of his college Christian club and finds a new church off campus. However, as Ben attempts to enjoy his new church life, the Lycanites become an increasingly pervasive societal threat. Animals are increasingly given over to madness and develop a fear-driven, cult-like religion of Lycanite worship, and churches are heavily blamed for Lycanite-related deaths. Rodolfo, the leader of the Lycanite pack that Ben and Angel fought against, also seems to be quite active in the State of New Jungle where they live.

Warnings: None

Feedback Preference: Moderate

Average Chapter Length: Around 1500 words, for each part per chapter, may occasionally exceed 2000

Reading Preferences: Fantasy

Will Read Mature Content: Yes - as long as it's not sexually explicit

Section I'd Like to Join: Both

Send a request to CreationOfGod1996: (inline comment here)

CreationOfGod1996's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

CreationOfGod1996's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE:

COMPLETE: 2 chapters of Fake Me to Church with BlueJay325

4 chapters of The Curse-Breakers of Avondor by bigfivedonaldduckfan

Username: Hammywentz* ✔️

Story: No Strings Attached (original version that doesn't say *NSYNC)

Genre: Romance and young adult

Chapter: Eight *On going*

Mature: Yes. Strogn Language

Description:Krista Crow is a 21-year-old girl whose dreams of becoming a fashion designer. But she also has another dream which is to go on tour with her favorite band 5A. When her best friend Sophia tells her about a contest-where the winner will get to go on tour with 5A, it seems suspicious. 5A didn't mention anything on their website, so was it even real? Krista thinks maybe it was an early access contest to whoever sees it first in the newspaper? Come to find out the contest was fake. After losing $2,000, which Krista was saving up for a car, she received a call from 5A's official manager, Molly Dustin. Molly offers Krista $500 to go on a date with on of the band's members-and her personal favorite member-Jake Chance, to get them good some good PR. But the catch is, Krista can't tell anyone in the band about this arrangement. Would Krista be able to keep this secret from 5A, and what happens if anyone else finds out?

Feedback preference: Open to constructive criticism

Average Chapter Length: 1,000- 1,500

Reading Preference: I am okay with anything. I mostly like young adult books

will read mature content: yes

Section I like to Join: Both

Send a request to Hammywentz: (inline comment here)

Hammywentz's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

Hammywentz's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 2 chapters of Between Life and Death by ella_rowan (LF)

2 chapters of Vanished by voyageavecmoi (LF)

Username: -starsailor ✔️

Story: The Hippies

Genre: Comedy

Chapters: 18

Description: Six friends navigate through life in this sitcom-like book set during the late 60s to mid 70s.

Warnings: hint of mature topics/themes such as talk of sex (no explicit scenes) and profanity used.

Feedback preferences: Both

Avg. chapter length: About 6k-8k words (Mostly dialogue since there are 6 main characters & it's set up as a sitcom)

Reading preferences: None. I like to try everything.

Will read mature content: Yes

Section to join: Both

Send a request to -starsailor: (inline comment here)

-starsailor's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

-starsailor's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters of Everett Revised edition by violetsadowski

Username: TasiaMera * ✔️

Story: Chimaera

Genre: Sci-fi, adventure, mystery

Chapters: 5

Description: Dion is genetically modified, which gives him both skills and handicaps. Adopted by a tech industry hot shot, he lives a pampered and protected life on Mars. Curious, hotheaded and intent on unveiling the secrets of his past, he embarks on a journey to a much more dangerous planet: Earth.

Warnings: my story contains no mature content of any kind for now

Feedback preference: Story pacing, believability of the characters and especially if there's anything that doesn't make sense or wasn't entirely clear. But feel free to comment on anything you find out of place in any way.

Average chapter length: 1500 w

Reading preferences: open to everything

Will read mature content: yes

Section I'd like to join: Both

Send a request to TasiaMera: (inline comment here)

TasiaMera's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

TasiaMera's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters of Vanished by voyageavecmoi (M)

3 chapters of Phantom Ddraig by Redchaos-1 (LF)

Username: UnbalancedMom333 ** (2 stories listed) ✔️

Story 1: Hetty and Ryan

Genre: Young Adult/Teen Fiction/Romance

Chapters: 45

Description: Hetty is a reserved and studious high school freshman. Ryan is an attractive and outgoing senior who is also surprisingly sensitive. What starts out as friendly chit chat soon leads to secretly touching hands under the table during film class. As their bond grows deeper, neither of them have confessed their true feelings to anyone - not a best friend, their parents or even each other. Will Hetty be allowed to date a guy three years older? Is love more powerful than society's rules and expectations?

Warnings: Mature (sexual content; suggested attempted sexual assault; language; alcohol)

Feedback Preference: Moderate + Constructive criticism

Average Chapter Length: 2000

Reading Preferences: Young Adult, Romance

Will read mature content: Yes

Story 2: A New Reflection

Genre: Young Adult/New Adult/Romance/Coming of Age

Chapter: 3 (ongoing)

Description: Natalia Stevens is nice, smart and shy-and this is exactly how everyone sees her. Even day to day conversations with peers and friends are difficult, and guys certainly don't pay any attention to her. During Nati's senior year, she begins to notice unexpected interactions with her assistant volleyball coach. Lacking both self-esteem and experience, Nati struggles to interpret the surprising chemistry heating up between them.

Warnings: some language

Feedback preferences: open to app feedback and constructive criticism; let me know what resonates and what needs improvement

Average ch length: 2k

Reading preference: romance and young adult

Will read mature: yes

Section to join: both

Send a request to UnbalancedMom333: (inline comment here)

UnbalancedMom333's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

UnbalancedMom333's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters of The Men Next Door by wildfirehoney (LF)

3 chapters of Mending Hearts by PriscillaYiadom4 (LF)

Username: Voyageavecmoi ** (2 stories listed) ✔️

Story 1: A Different Slice

Genre: Romance

Chapters: 20 parts (ongoing)

Description: What's better than sex? To Naomi, it's a long list that includes going out with friends for delicious food, winning softball games, and her childhood crush admitting he is in love with her. The only problem: Greg isn't asexual, and despite years of friendship, she has never shared her asexuality with him. Now that they're both single, she can confess everything, but it grows complicated.

Kieran's life hasn't gone according to plan. Not his relationships or lack thereof, his job, or the city he's stuck in half a world away from everyone but his brother. But it was better than the alternative. On the night he thinks he'll hook up with his friend Brinny, her awful ex steps in, and Kieran connects with a stranger in a similar situation whose refreshing honesty intrigues him.

As Naomi and Kieran's paths cross and they help each other with their contrasting dating goals, will they find happiness or will they want more?

Warnings: Alcohol references, some swearing

Feedback: Reader reactions, how you connect to the characters, and if there are points where your interest level drops.

Average chapter length: 1.5k-2.5k

Reading preferences: Happy to read anything

Will read mature: yes

Story 2: Vanished

Genre: Mystery/Paranormal

Chapters: 17 chapters (including epilogue)

Description: Until recently, Mia's biggest challenge was attracting visitors to a province whose unsolved crime rate keeps climbing. After her Bear Claw Lake ice fishing tourism campaign gets axed because a body was discovered, an unusual stranger offers her unconventional help to catch a potential serial killer. Even with his help and that of her childhood friend from the affected community, the clues leave Mia with more questions than answers. But she must discover the truth to keep the province safe, get justice for the victims and save her job.

Warnings: This story is rated mature because there are brief mentions of the suicide of a family member affecting a supporting character as well as one scene that flashes back to child abuse in the form of neglect resulting in a near-death experience.

Feedback: Reader reactions, how you connect to the characters, and if there are points where your interest level drops. Any confusing sections or inconsistencies.

Average chapter length: 1k-2.5k

Reading preferences: Happy to read anything

Will read mature: yes

Section I'd like to join: Both

Send a request to Voyageavecmoi: (inline comment here)

Voyageavecmoi's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

Voyageavecmoi's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 2 chapters of No Strings Attached by Hammywentz

2 chapters of Between Life and Death by ella_rowan (LF)

3 chapters of Lost and Found by _reichii (LF)

2 chapters of 'The Unknown' by reindolfwrites (LF)

3 chapters of Chimaera by TasiaMera 

Username: yoursecretlibrary ✔️

Story: The Hereafter

Genre: Dystopian thriller

Chapters: 7

Description: Living in a corrupted realm, reigned upon by a cruel king. Judith was separated from her sisters after the death of her mother, in the name of law. Now she must form alliances with people she believed to be evil once, in order to reunite with her sisters once again. Together they plan on taking down the king, ending his cruel reign and bringing peace amongst all nations once and for all. On her journey she uncovers hidden secrets about these nations, her family and even herself. She finds love and friendship among all the pain, and fights for the sake of her people.

Warnings: This story will contain mature themes later on, such as secual sexual content. Mention of abuse, violence and sa (sexual assault).

Feedback preferences: grammar and language errors, as well as reading reactions. And let me know if there are any plot holes or weak points i should look at.

Average chapter length: 2000-2500 words

will read mature content: yes

section to join: both

Send a request to yoursecretlibrary: (inline comment here)

yoursecretlibrary's ACCEPTED requests: (Once you or the person you sent a request to accepts, you log it here)

yoursecretlibrary's's FINISHED exchanges: (Once you've left your comments, you post here)

INCOMPLETE: 

COMPLETE: 3 chapters of Everett by violetsadowski

3 chapters of Beauty and Decay by amorediamanti 

Writers in this section are looking for Moderate exchanges. Minimum comment requirements for Moderate are: 7+ complete lines(PC)/13+ lines(mobile) of comment(s) on each chapter.

No members for this section this month.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 28.5K 200
My quotable quotes are quotable! So I`ll put notable notes with my quotable quotes to make my notes quotable! A book of inspirational quotes!
6K 281 46
After someone to review your work? Need an honest unbiased opinion to help you grow as a writer or even grow your reader base? If you've ever wonder...
356 90 17
What would happen if a love triangle had more than 3 vertices? What if I had 4? Would it be a square? Audrey, Brian, Chiara, and David. Each one of t...
18.2K 820 30
At night, the older sisters stayed up all night and usually talked about boys. They talked about some things that were not making sense. Their younge...