Age Of Blood

By livelikeadaydreamer

Clemente Quinn Parker thought she knew who she was. A S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, a sister, an immortal. But now more... More

Story Info
Prologue I
Prologue II
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5½
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7½
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 15 ½

75 0 0
By livelikeadaydreamer

December 31st 1944 

"Cheers! To another year of bringing down HYDRA by the dear Captain's side!"

A chorus of "Hear, hear!" and other exclamations filled the room as the Howling Commandos and the rest of the bar prepared to ring in the new year.

Steve Rogers half-smiled at his crew, his found family, raising his drink in response. But his mind was elsewhere as he glanced over at his best friend sulking at the bar. He sighed before walking over and clapping a hand on Bucky's shoulder, sitting down next to him.

Bucky didn't acknowledge him, just pushing his empty pint of beer towards the bartender in a silent request for a refill. The bartender seemed shocked and glanced at Steve, almost as if making sure it was okay. Steve nodded his head slightly, trying to evoke gratitude in his eyes.

Bucky grunted in thanks once the bartender refilled his pint and began to chug.

"Did you talk to Peggy?" Steve asked simply and Bucky looked at him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk after drinking half the pint and placing it down on the counter, knowing that's not what Steve really wanted to say. After Steve stayed silent for a few seconds to allow him to speak, Bucky shook his head a little, reaching into his pocket and throwing a piece of paper onto the bar's counter.

Steve hesitated to reach for it but Bucky only reached once more for his beer. Opening it up, Steve smiled at Peggy's handwriting, which detailed the information Bucky had been trying to find the past 2 years.

Lovell Quinn Dame
DOB: November 3rd, 1920
Age: 24
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brunette
Height: 5'8
Wearing: Short puffed sleeve blue flower dress, red petticoat
Identifying Characteristics: Scar on left side of jaw

Last Seen: October 15th, 1943

Please contact the following number with any information: 555-***-****

The phone number had been circled multiple times and Steve breathed in deeply. He folded the piece of paper back up and slid it over to Bucky, who watched him intensely.

"So?" Bucky snapped and Steve only smiled softly, looking down at his own glass.

"So what, Buck?" Steve asked before he took another sip. Bucky just stared at him in disbelief, scoffing.

"Ya not gonna ask me if I called?" Bucky asked and Steve shrugged in reply.

"Did ya?" Bucky stayed silent, looking back at the pint in between his arms.

"I did," Bucky whispered quietly and Steve tried not to react in shock, "Used the phone at base. The number...it's her Ma's workplace. 'Parently she works as a nurse right now. As soon as I heard her come on, I just...I couldn't do it," At this, Bucky stares at his hand, "Couldn't tell her I didn't save her daughter when you broke us out. Couldn't tell her I'd f-" Bucky shakes his head, wiping a hand down his face. 

Steve was at a loss. Ever since Steve had rescued the 107th Infantry Regiment from HYDRA, his best friend had not been the same as before. But it wasn't solely the fact that he'd been taken in the first place and subject to tests under HYDRA's supervision but also because of the bond he had formed with one Lovell Quinn Dame. 

It was only after a few months of Bucky being back that Steve had first learned about Lovell, Elle or Dame as Bucky sometimes referred to her. Steve had learned not to ask questions, until Peggy had informed him that Bucky had asked for her help in locating Lovell's family. It had taken her a while, especially considering they were here in Europe, but eventually, through collaboration with the Manhattan office, the origins of Lovell had been located. 

Steve hadn't seen a picture of the woman Bucky was keeping close to his heart but he wished desperately to help his bud rescue her. 

"Peggy tell you anything else?" Steve inquired, preparing himself to share the news with Bucky. Bucky sighed and shook his head, holding the piece of paper in his hands and running his fingers over its creases gently, almost as if he wanted to prevent it from further ruin. 

"Nah...But didn't know what else to ask, to be fair. Your girl can be a little intimidating," Bucky supplied and Steve tried to stop himself from blushing, covering his smile with a cough. Bucky only smirked at him before downing the rest of his pint. 

"We're gonna get her out of there, Buck," Steve said seriously and Bucky's smirk fell, "I already asked the Coronel to approve a return mission to that HYDRA base." Bucky sat up, his eyes flicking back and forth, trying to find the lie in Steve's words. 

"You serious, punk?" Bucky asked hoarsely and Steve raised his own glass. In the background, Steve could hear the countdown begin for the New Year. 

"Mark my words, Buck. This year, we're gonna rescue Elle...and reunite you with your girl," Steve said and Bucky own smiled widely, muttering a "Shut up, jerk" before he clinked his own pint glass with Steve's. 

"Happy New Year to us." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 576 13
Caroline's younger sister is coming back from her boarding school abroad. What happens when she meets her other half & finally learns about the super...
5.7K 181 10
+Atelophobia+ [A-tel-o-pho-bia] + The fear of imperfection. The fear of never being good enough.+ Everyone knew the story of Klaus Mikealson, however...
989 34 13
Armin Stark. Night Wolf. Hydra Assassin. Hybrid Lover. Vampire Watcher. SHIELD Threat. So many names, such a small world. ********* This starts...
3K 117 15
Hope Mikaelson was scarred for life after seeing her father as the monster everyone said he was. The memory was burned in her mind and she longed for...