Twisted Fate (Naraku x Reader)

By neoncookie06

A horrible car crash occurred, causing both your parents to be taken from you. Several years pass, and you'v... More

Chapter 1 Suspicion
Chapter 2 The Sacred Tree
Chapter 3 The Gang
Chapter 4 Priestess
Chapter 5 Miasma
Chapter 6 Jewel Shards
Chapter 7 The Boy
Chapter 8 Wind Sorceress
Chapter 9 The Void
Chapter 10 The Mirror
Chapter 11 Fear or Hate
Chapter 12 Goshinki
Chapter 13 Juromaru and Kageromaru
Chapter 14 Onigumo's Heart
Chapter 15 Memories
Chapter 16 Sesshomaru
Chapter 17 Stay
Chapter 18 My Cousin
Chapter 19 Dark Priestess
Chapter 20 Purification
Chapter 21 The Two Priestess's
Chapter 22 Ogre of the Tower
Chapter 23 Possession
Chapter 24 Naraku's Barrier
Chapter 25 The Howling Wind
Chapter 26 No Escape!
Chapter 27 Reincarnation
Chapter 28 Sentiments
Chapter 29 Weaknesses
Chapter 30 War
Chapter 31 Beautiful, yet lonely.
Chapter 32 Decisions
Chapter 33 Precautionary
Chapter 34 Resurrection
Chapter 35 Jakotsu
Chapter 36 Mukotsu
Chapter 37 Renkotsu and Ginkotsu
Chapter 38 Doctor
Chapter 39 Suikotsu
Chapter 40 The Leader, Bankotsu
Chapter 41 The Band of 7
Chapter 42 Pervert
Chapter 43 Fight on Hijiri Island
Chapter 44 Contradicting
Chapter 45 Choices
Chapter 46 Inner-Turmoil
Chapter 47 Invulnerable
Chapter 48 Inside the Mountain
Chapter 49 The Saint's Barrier
Chapter 50 Requiem
Chapter 51 Duel to the Death
Chapter 52 Evil Within Mount Hakurei
Chapter 54 Heart of Darkness
Chapter 55 A Woman's Trap
Chapter 56 Regret and Desire
Chapter 57 Human Emotions
Chapter 58 Entei's Master
Chapter 59 A Nuisance
Chapter 60 Two Sides, Same Coin
Chapter 61 Between Life and Death
Chapter 62 Connection
Chapter 63 Promises
Chapter 64 The Entryway
Chapter 65 The Adamant Barrage
Chapter 66 I can't
Chapter 67 A Curse
Chapter 68 Kohaku, Songo and Kirara
Chapter 69 Fuyouheki
Chapter 70 Naraku's Heart
Chapter 71 (Season 1 End)
Chapter 72 Hakudoshi's Arrogance
Chapter 73 Kagura's Freedom
Chapter 74 Rage and Sorrow
Chapter 75 Byakuya Of The Dreams
Chapter 76 Moryoumaru and The Infant
Chapter 77 The Spider's Web
Chapter 78 Kikyo's Quietus
Chapter 79 Underworld
Chapter 80 Grieving Flowers
Chapter 81 Kanna's Loneliness
Chapter 82 Light and Darkness
Chapter 83 Tessaiga and Tenseiga
Chapter 84 Magatsuhi
Chapter 85 Kohaku's Shard
Chapter 86 Becoming Whole

Chapter 53 An Infant?!

196 9 0
By neoncookie06

(To Kagome)

Inuyasha was chasing after Koga, while Kagome and Shippo were on his back. However every time they got close a piece of flesh got in their way.

"Damn it." Inuyasha curses as he jump ups over to a ledge as they glared down at the abys below them.

"Inuyasha, Kagome!" Miroku's voice rings out causing Kagome and Inuyasha to look up to see Songo and Miroku, who were riding Kirara were descending towards them.

"We have to get out of here quickly or the Maisma will kill us!" Songo warns as she twirled her Hiraikotsu above her head.

"Kagome, I know how you feel, but there's nothing more we can do for Koga. We have to give up on saving him." Shippo insists causing Kagome to put on a dejected expression.

"I can't, (Y/N) wouldn't have want me to..." Kagome trails off as she stared down at the abys.

"Shippo." Inuyasha mutters causing Shippo to move towards Inuyasha.

"Yes, what?" Shippo asks as Inuyasha looks over at him.

"Take Kagome, and get out of here fast. Can you manage that?" Inuyasha questions.

"Inuyasha, aren't you coming?" Shippo inquired causing a smile to appear on Inuyasha's face.

"Take good care of Kagome, great Demon Shippo." Inuyasha requests causing Shippo to narrow his eyes at him.

"We can't leave you." Kagome asserted as Inuyasha let her down form his back.

"You wanna save that scrawny wolf, don't you? You'll only be in my way if you're with me. Now go." Inuyasha instructs causing Shippo to nod and jump off his shoulder.

"Transform!" Shippo shouts as transforms in a puff of smoke.

"Kagome, climb on board." Shippo adds.

"Quickly, Kagome." Songo urges.

"There's no time to lose." Miroku addresses causing Kagome to stare back at Inuyasha.

"Don't worry about me. I promise to bring that scrawny wolf back for ya." Inuyasha decides causing Kagome to nod slightly.

"Come on." Inuyasha adds as he places her on top of Shippo, who floats up to Kirara.

"Be careful, Inuyasha, you come back to us. You promised, remember." Kagome reminds as she sees Inuyasha falling into the abys.

"I will." Inuyasha's voice rang out as he disappeared.

(To Kikyo)

She watched as Mountain Hakurei opened up to unleash a powerful Demonic Aura with Miasma swirling around it and without delay it stared to head straight towards her causing the ground around her to break apart. The ball of Maisma stops right in front of Kikyo, who glared at it as a chuckle she knew all too well sounded out.

"Naraku." Kikyo mutters as the miasma disappears around him.

"Kikyo, we meet again." Naraku insists.

(To (Y/N) )

"Why would he..." I whisper as I stared down at the fluff that had not spoke a word since before with Kikyo. "Why would Naraku have me look after an incarnation if it's obvious I can't be trusted." I wonder as my stare intensified.

"Do I need to stop somewhere?" Kagura asks causing me to look up at her.

"What?" I question with a confused expression.

"You look constipated, that's what." Kagura responds as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"No, I'm not!" I proclaim as I glanced back down at the fluff.

"I was just wondering why he left this in my hands..." I trail off causing a scoff to sound out and I quickly look back up to see Kagura facing away from me.

"Get out of your own head, or you'll hurt yourself." Kagura remarks making me stare at her for a moment. "What does she mean by that?" I wonder as I looked out from the feather we were flying on, to see the scenery.

(To Kagome)

"It's no use, all the openings are already sealed." Songo points out as they made it to the peak of the cavern.

"Isn't there any way out?" Shippo asks causing Miroku to hold up his hand.

"It's far to early to give up. If there's no exit, we'll have to make one. Wind Tunnel!" Miroku answers as he undoes his beads and holds his hand open above them causing the rocks that were falling to be sucked in.

"Way to go, Miroku." Kagome cheers as light shine above them revealing an exit.

"Come on." Shippo insists as Miroku shuts the Wind Tunnel and they rushed out of Mount Hakurei.

"The Mountain's crumbling." Songo states as they stared down at Mount Hakurei.

"Where's Inuyasha? Anybody seen him yet?" Shippo questions.

"Maybe he didn't make it out in time." Miroku responds.

"No, I'm positive, he'll get out alive. It'd take a lot more than this to kill Inuyasha." Kagome declares.

(To Naraku)

"Naraku, what is the meaning of your appearance?" Kikyo asks as they stared at each other.

"Isn't it obvious? This is my new, rejuvenated body." Naraku answers.

"Don't make me laugh. Do you think my eyes can't see the truth? You may look formidable, but such finery is nothing but a façade. You escaped Mount Hakurei and went so far as to put up a Sacred Barrier. What were you after?!" Kikyo exclaims causing Naraku to scoff.

"So you noticed, did you? How very astute." Naraku remarks.

"Just before the Mountain collapsed, your incarnation, Kagura and (Y/N), left Mount Hakurei with something in their possession." Kikyo insists as she drawls her bow and arrow at Naraku.

"Tell me, what's your purpose?" Kikyo questions.

(To Kagome)

"I sense them." Kagome mutters with wide eyes as she stood on a cliff looking at the Mountain.

"I sense the Sacred Jewel Shards." Kagome clarifies causing everyone to look over at her.

"Is it Koga?" Miroku asks.

"They're coming this way." Kagome answers causing everyone to look back over to see Inuyasha and Koga emerging from the Mountain.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome calls out as Miroku and Songo, who were still on Kirara rush towards Inuyasha and Koga.

"He made it out alive." Kagome smiles as Shippo jumped onto her shoulder.

"Look, they're both safe!" Shippo chirps.

"Kagome." Inuyasha utters causing Koga to open his eyes.

"What about Kagome?" Koga questions, while a rock began to fall towards them.

"Watch out!" Songo warns causing Koga to push off a nearby rock, saving both him and Inuyasha and lands in front of Kagome.

"Inuyasha, Koga!" Kagome chirps as she rushes towards them.

"Stupid me, what was I thinking putting him in charge?" Koga puzzled as he grabs a hold of Kagome's hands.

"I'm sorry Kagome, you must have been scared without me there." Koga blustered, but was hit on top of his head.

"You ingrate, don't act like you out alive all by yourself." lectured cause Koga to look back at him.

"Shut your mouth, Mutt." Koga counters causing Inuyasha to grow at him.

"He's right, Koga. You should at least say thank or something." Shippo recounters causing Koga to turn to him and Kagome.

"Inuyasha went to save you long before I even asked him to." Kagome informs causing Koga to put on a serious expression causing Inuyasha to scoff.

"Don't get me wrong. I just didn't want Naraku to get your Sacred Jewel Shards. That's the only reason I went after you." Inuyasha attested causing Koga to turn to him.

"Oh, yeah? Then I don't need to thank you." Koga decided causing Inuyasha to put on a displeased expression.

"That's the least you could do." Inuyasha defended.

"You want my thanks or not?!" Koga exclaims causing them both to glare and growl at each other.

"Isn't it obvious? he wants you to thank him." Shippo clarifies.

(To Kikyo)

Pointing her arrow towards Naraku, Kikyo fires one, but it missed causing her to pull another one out and aim it once more towards him.

"I'll ask you just one more time. Naraku, tell me what your true purpose here is." Kikyo demands.

"I'm surprised. Did you come all this way and go to all this trouble to ask me such a simple matter?" Naraku asks.

"I'm the one who's asking the questions." Kikyo answers causing Naraku to chuckle.

"If you must know, I was never planning to leave this Mountain... You have Inuyasha and his friends to thank." Naraku remarked causing Kikyo to knit her brows.

"You weren't going to leave Mount Hakurei?" Kikyo questions causing Naraku to put on an amused expression.

"Round and round goes the spinning wheel, spinning and weaving a red thread of fate. Meeting Rasetsu, or should I say, Kansuke, was no coincidence. It was according to my plan." Naraku blustered, while narrowing his eyes at her.

"You mean..." Kikyo trails off as she widened her eyes.

"I merely took advantage of his desire to find a place to die. It was all so simple. I put rumors into that dying man's head about the Sacred ground of Mount Hakurei and thus set him on your path. Now do you understand? You did not come here of your own accord. I lured you here." Naraku informs causing Kikyo to glare at him.

"I have often heard Humans refer to this as fate or destiny. Only the weak utter such nonsense. It is different for the truly powerful. They create this so-called fate or destiny with their own hands. Or so I thought when you mentioned a Fate-Twister before, but thanks to the Saint I was enlightened." Naraku adds causing Kikyo to scoff.

"You're speaking nonsense, Naraku." Kikyo defended, but Naraku shook his head.

"Nigh, the one who confirmed (Y/N) as a Fate-Twister was none other than you, Kikyo.

"And how did I confirm it?" Kikyo quizzed causing his smirk to grow.

"You shot directly at her when Kagura and (Y/N) were leaving the mountain, did you not...? You want her dead and I can think of no other reason as to why." Naraku addressed causing Kikyo to tighten her grip on the bow.

"I refuse to let the Fate-Twister succeed." Kikyo states with a determined expression.

"Oh, yes, less I forget. You were interested finding out about my true aim. You wish to know? Then I shall tell you." Naraku insists as he holds up his arm causing one of it's spikes to grow.

"You shall learn my purpose. What it is I need to accomplish at Mount Hakurei. Here is your answer." Naraku cackles as one of his spike quickly grew, while breaking Kikyo's bow and slicing open her shoulder.

"Your imitation body is formed of bones and graveyard soil. You don't even bleed." Naraku remarks as Kikyo bend down to the ground with a hardy breath.

"I curse you, Naraku." Kikyo huffed as she glanced over to see the Miasma seeping out of her injured shoulder.

"You underestimated me, Kikyo. You came here feeling self-assured, so certain that I would not be able to kill you. You believed that as long as I have the heart of the worthless human, that pathetic bandit, Onigumo, who loved you with all his being..." Naraku trailed off with his eyes shut.

"You believed I wouldn't harm you. I feel nothing, even after wounding you so. No remorse, no sadness." Naraku exulted causing Kikyo's eyes to slightly widen.

"That's what (Y/N) had in her possession, your human heart." Kikyo mutters as she glared as he began to walk towards her.

"The bottom of this cervine is filled with my Miasma. An imitation body like yours will dissolve easily in a matter of seconds." Naraku states, while his hand began to stretch.

"Kikyo, this will be your burial ground." Naraku declares as his stretched out hand rushes towards her and slashes Kikyo causing her to fall into the Maisma below them.

(To Kagome)

"Inuyasha?" Kagome asks as he turns away with a concerned expression.

"Inuyasha?!" Kagome exclaims as he begins running away.

(To Naraku)

"Now, you understand, Kikyo?" Naraku asks as he hands shrinks back to normal.

"At last the new body I have desired for so long is mine." Naraku ginned, while starring down at the Miasma, Kikyo fell into as foot steps began to ring out from behind him.

"I must say, you took extraordinary steps to kill a mere woman, Naraku." A voice rang out causing Naraku to glance behind him to see Sesshomaru and Jaken standing there.

"Sesshomaru." Naraku scoffs causing Sesshomaru to glance down at Jaken.

"Jaken, listen to me. Stay well back." Sesshomaru instructs causing Jaken to do exactly that.

"(Y/N), is not here, I'm afraid you just missed her. Unless it's me that you're after... You find me that interesting, do you?" Naraku questions causing Jaken to rush back up in front of Sesshomaru.

"Silence, you are the one who keeps meddling in our affairs so we merely-"

I said back away Jaken!" Sesshomaru interjected causing Jaken to back up again.

"Since you've emerged from your barrier, I assume you're capable of producing a significant amount of power." Sesshomaru assumes causing Naraku to turn to him.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" Naraku challenges causing Sesshomaru to drawl his sword and quickly let's off a Demonic blast towards him.

"Got him!" Jaken bellows, but Naraku only laughs as his upper-half remained intact inside his barrier.

"He's laughing?!" Jaken exclaims.

"Sesshomaru, I shall now reverse the power of your sword and fire it back at you." Naraku claimed as a giant blue orb appeared from the barrier and rushed back towards Sesshomaru, who used his sword to stave off the attack.

"Lord Sesshomaru is being pushed back!" Jaken yelped causing Sesshomaru to deflect his attack and quickly jump towards Naraku and splits his body in half.

"It's useless. I will never die." Naraku vowed as he lets out a laugh, while his body grew back along with being wrapped in Maisma and rising into the sky. Starring up at the sky, Sesshomaru had a displeased expression as he placed his sword into it's sheath.

"Sesshomaru." Inuyasha mutters causing Sesshomaru to look over at him.

"Inuyasha. Still alive, are you?" Sesshomaru asks.

"What are you doing here?" Inuyasha inquires causing Sasshomaru to shut his eyes for a moment.

"It seems that Naraku's main interest was not you, but rather his real objective was to kill that woman." Sesshomaru deflects as he looks away from Inuyasha, who puts on a confused expression and looks over to see a bow that was split in two.

"Kikyo's bow. No, Kikyo." Inuyasha utters as he rushes over and picks up the bow, while staring at it with a thoughtful expression.

(To Kagome)

She was riding on Kirara along with Songo as Koga and Miroku ran beside them.

"Inuyasha!" Miroku called out as they saw Inuyasha bend down on the ground a few feet in front of them. As soon as Kirara land, Kagome gets off and was about to rush over to Inuyasha, but he stands up making Kagome stop in her tracks.

"Inuyasha." Kagome mutters as she then looks down to see the other half of Kikyo's bow on the ground beside Inuyasha.

"Where's Kikyo? Did something happen to her?" Kagome ask causing everyone to look over at her.

"Yeah. Naraku wasn't just after us. He wanted Kikyo, he wanted to take her life." Inuyasha answers.

(To (Y/N) )

I was standing on the balcony of an old abandoned Mountain Shrine Kagura had found, while holding the fur as I stared up at the Waning Gibbous Moon shining above me.

"I hope everyone made it out of the mountain safely." I wished. "Even Bankotsu, but it's probably wishful thanking..." I think, but then a giggle sounds out from the fur as it began to move and I see a small hand reach up from out of the fluff.

"An Infant?!" I exclaim as I quickly, but gently moved the fluff to reveal a very pale infant with light purple hair and eyes starring back at me.

"He is dead." The infant spoke causing me to stare at it in disbelief.

"Did you just-"

"Bankotsu is dead and Naraku killed him along with Kikyo." The infant interjected me with a smirk causing a scoff to sound out.

"About damn time that Priestess kick the bucket." Kagura insists causing me to turn to see Kagura leaning against the sliding door that lead back inside.

"Here." I say as I handed her the baby causing her to glare at me.

"You can handle the talking baby for right now. I need time to process all this..." I trail off as I turned around and jumped off the Balcony. "That damn thing read my mind..." I think in disbelief.

"Where are you going?!" Kagura exclaims causing me to let out a sigh.

"To gather firewood, unlike you I'm a human that needs warmth and sleep." I address as I land in a tree below. "What the hell is Naraku thinking?! I mean a reincarnation that's just a baby, but talks like a full grown child and then killing Bankotsu and Kikyo of all people!" I think as I picked up sticks from the ground.

"I didn't think he was going to survive, but it still hurts to hear and even though Kikyo did try to kill me earlier today, isn't that going a little too far?" I ask as I gather sticks. "I'm more concerned now if Naraku really is just going to let it go that I betrayed him, should I be on my guard?" I wonder as I begin making my way back to the Shrine.

(To Kagome)

"So, you're saying that Naraku put up that huge barrier and hold himself up in that Mountain in order to kill this one woman." Koga remarks, while standing up as everyone else was sitting around a fire.

"Lady Kikyo was no ordinary woman. You see, Naraku feared Kikyo's Spiritual Powers." Miroku informs as he stared into the fire.

"Naraku wanted to rid himself of his heart... The Human heart beating inside him that still yearned for Kikyo." Kagome explains.

"It's greatly bothered him. Naraku tried to cut out his Human heart once before, I seem to recall." Songo adds.

"That was when he created Muso, the being who possessed the heart and memories of the Bandit Onigumo." Miroku concurred as Songo glanced over at him.

"It had also seemed like (Y/N), or her Soul had a connection to Onigumo at that time." Songo points out causing Kagome to sigh.

"I think it's time I told you guys..." Kagome trails off causing everyone to turn to her with a concerned expression.

"Tell us what, Kagome?" Shippo asks as she looks up from the fire.

"(Y/N), is the Reincarnation of The Priestess Midoriko." Kagome answers causing everyone's eyes to widen, but Koga.

"Who's this Priestess Midoriko?" Koga questions causing Miroku to look over at him.

"She was the Priestess, who created The Sacred Jewel." Miroku responds causing Koga's eyes to widen.

"That would explain why she can sense the Jewel Shards, but why not tell us this sooner?" Songo puzzled causing Kagome to shut her eyes for a moment.

"(Y/N), didn't want me to say anything. You guys all remember how she appeared into this world, right?" Kagome quizzed.

"Through the Sacred Tree, correct?" Miroku inquired causing Kagome to turn to him.

"It was a lie, she was giuded to the Well by a Sacred Jewel Shard that she got in my world and then it lead her to the Sacred Tree." Kagome addressed causing them all to go silent for a moment.

"So, she didn't come through the Sacred Tree, but the Well like you did?!" Shippo exclaims and Kagome nods.

"Then why're you bring it up now?" Koga quired causing Kagome to put on a serious expression.

"(Y/N) had told me the Sacred Tree was the one to lead her to this world and called her the Fate-Twister." Kagome acknowledged causing disbelief to cloud there faces.

"Fate-Twister...?" Miroku trails off causing Kagome to look up at the moon in the sky.

"She's in charge of changing someone's fate, but (Y/N) wouldn't tell me who... However, I think I know who it is now." Kagome's look hardened as all the attnetion was on her, but A scoff suddenly sounds out from Koga.

"It's obviously, Naraku. Well, I, for one, am not going to let that happen. I'm outta here." Koga states as he turns only to hear a couple of peopl out of breathe approaching.

"We found you!" Ginta calls out as they both walk towards Koga looking completely exhausted.

"We've been trying to catch up to you forever." Hakkaku wheezed causing Koga to grab ahold of both Kagome's hands.

"Good-bye, Kagome. You take care now." Koga cooed as Kagome looks up at his with her face filled with worry.

"You take care as well, Koga." Kagome assured causing a surprised expression to appear on Koga's face.

"What's wrong?" Kagome asks causing Koga to look around.

"I don't hear the mutt complaining like usual. Hey, where is that idiot anyway? He looked awfully down about something." Koga answers causing Kagome to look down at the ground.

"Perhaps Inuyasha hasn't been able to accept the reality of Kikyo's death." Miroku suggests as he watches Koga let go of Kagome's hands.

"I know how he must feel, but..." Songo trails off as she watches Koga and his buddies run off leaving.

(To (Y/N) )

"Yo..." A voice trails off.

"Get up!" The voice rang out again causing my eyes to flutter open to see a blurry figure above me.

"I've let you sleep, now get up!" The voice demands as my vision stabilized to see Kagura standing there with her normal scowl. "I didn't even realized, I passed out..." I think with a yawn as I sit up from the hard wooded floor, only for Kagura to shove the infant into my arms.

"Kagura-"

"We received our orders, so it's your turn to deal with that thing." Kagura interjected causing me to stand up with a concerned expression.

"Orders?" I inquired causing Kagura to walk towards the balcony. "I've got a bad feeling about all this." I think as Kagura pulls out one of her feathers from her hair and the Infant smirks.

"You're staying here, I can't have a goody-two shoes like you around with what I have to do." Kagura addresses and the infant chuckles.

"Don't mess up, Kagura." The Infant reminds causing her to scoff as she throws her feather up and jumps onto it. "Great, I'm stuck here with this Infant as Kagura does God-knows-what." I think as I walk over and sit against the Shrine walls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 593 18
Kagome runs away after Inuyasha chose Kikyo. Will this sadness ever go away? When she ran away she had discovered something about her powers, her tru...
21.9K 568 11
It's been 5 years since Kagome re-appeared back in time to live out her days by Inuyasha's side. All of their lives have been going great. It's peace...
10.4K 292 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...
41.9K 1.3K 22
The last thing you saw were the headlights of a car right before it hit you. The next time you opened your eyes you were in a different world and inh...