Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 2: A New Friend
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 7: Waterlogged
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 21: A Living Legend
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 37: Viridian Secrets
Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 42: All Fired Up
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 4: Rock and Roll

364 10 3
By Kenon96

After their adventures in the Viridian Forest, Niko and Duplica were now reaching Pewter City. Where Niko plans to earn his first Gym badge.

Niko: Hey, look! Niko runs ahead and gets a look at Pewter City.

Duplica: Wow. So this is Pewter City. Duplica soaked in the view. So, Niko, ready for your first Pokémon Gym? She asked, but then noticed Niko's downhearted expression. Niko, what's wrong?

Ditto: Ditto? (Cramps?)

Niko: Huh? O-Oh! No, I'm fine. He said trying to sound normal. But, hey, why the rush? We should Uh, we should.... Ah! Get in some last minute training! Yeah, that's it. Niko pulled out his Pokéballs. Come out you guys!

Eevee: Eevee!

Poliwhirl: Poli!

Bulbasaur: Saur!

Niko: Guys, we need to get in some last minute training. Bulbasaur use grass type moves on Poliwhirl. Poliwhirl, this is to test your endurance. Just let me know if it's too much. Poliwhirl nodded. Eevee we're gonna test your strength. Use Tackle on that rock! Eevee charged and hit a large rock head on.

Poliwhirl took each Grass type attack head-on without budging. It's stamina improving. Eevee's strength was increasing as it kept tackling the rock.

Duplica: Niko, are you sure this is a good idea? She asked looking concerned.

???: She might be right, Niko!

Niko & Duplica: Huh?! The two look behind them and see a trainer.

Niko: Trace?

Trace: That's right, Niko. Thought you could get the drop on me, huh? Well, unfortunately for you, I'm still way ahead of you! He stated pointing at Niko.

Duplica: Niko, do you know this weirdo? She asked causing Trace to face fault.

Niko: His name is Trace, he's a trainer from Pallet Town too.

Trace: That's right. And I'm also the second best trainer from Pallet Town.

Duplica: Second best? Then who's first?

Trace: Gary Oak. But not for long. When I enter the Pokémon League, I'm gonna win the whole thing and become Pallet Town's greatest trainer! He stated. Speaking of great trainers, I've managed to catch 3 Pokémon. How many have you caught, Niko?

Niko: Uh, well, 3.

Trace: What!? He shouted, surprised. Uh, well, I suppose that's pretty good...for you that is. He said trying to sound composed. Trace peeked over and saw Niko's Pokémon training. Heh. Well, you beat me this time, but you can beat I'll capture a bakers dozen of Pokémon!

Niko: Still as competitive as ever 💧 . By the way, I'm guessing you already beat the Pewter City Gym? He asked.

Trace: Uh...💧

Duplica: Wait. You mean you haven't?

Trace: Ahem! Great trainers need to take a break from time to time. It's certainly not because I was goofing off and exploring the city. He said.

Niko & Duplica: Right. Of course.💧

Trace: Ah! Trace suddenly shouted. I just remembered I have to get to the Gym, like, right now! He said running off.

Niko: Why the rush?

Trace: Because I already booked a match earlier, so I have to get there now!

Duplica: You sure have a weird friend. Duplica giggled.

Niko: Uh, Duplica?

Duplica: Yes? Niko looks at her with a somber face. What's wrong?

Niko: Well, it's just... I'm... scared. He admitted.

Duplica: Huh?

Niko: Battling another trainer is one thing, but battling a Gym leader is another thing. I heard Gym leaders are really tough. And... what if I'm not good enough?

Duplica: So, you wanna go to the Pewter City Gym to watch your friend battle first? Duplica put together.

Niko: Mm-hm. He nodded.

Duplica: Then what are we waiting for? She grabbed his hand and ran, pulling him along.

Eevee: Eevee! (Guys!) Seeing them go, Eevee and the other two chase after them.

The two reach the gym and were overwhelmed by the sight of such an impressive building.

Niko: So, this is the Pewter City Gym. Niko said as his hand started to shake.

Duplica: Don't worry, Niko. I'm sure it's not that bad. She said trying to reassure him.

Trace: Ah! Trace arrived to the Gym and saw the two. Niko and Duplica see him and notice that he looked a bit sweaty. Aha! I caught you, Niko! You were trying to get ahead of me and challenge the Gym leader before me!

Duplica: What are you talking about? We just got here! Plus, you ran off like crazy, so how are you just getting here?

Trace: Well, it certainly isn't because I got lost on the way here or anything! He stated.

Duplica: You don't say? She said with a blank expression. 😑

Brock: So, you're here. The doors to the Gym open up, revealing the Gym Leader.

Niko: Uh...

Brock: Are you the trainer that set up the appointment? He asked staring at Niko as though he was looking into his soul. This made Niko uncomfortable.

Trace: No! That was me. Trace stated standing right before Brock.

Brock: I see. Then are you ready for your first Gym battle? He asked.

Trace: Absolutely! They all move inside.

Niko and Duplica watched as the battle was about to begin from the stands.

Brock: This battle will be two on two. There will be no time limit and the battle will be over when one both Pokémon's of one trainer can no longer battle. Brock stated the rules.

Duplica: Hey, Niko? Have you ever seen him battle before? She asked.

Niko: Not really. Trace is the kind of guy who charges head first, so I get the feeling his battling style won't be much different.

Trace: Hey! Trace shouted to Niko who fell over. I hope you're paying attention, Niko. Cause this is just a taste of what I'll do to you. Trace stated.

Niko: See what I mean? Niko and Duplica look at Trace exasperated.

Brock: Just so you know. Brock got Trace's attention. A Pokémon Gym is a lot different from a regular Pokémon battle. You sure you have what it takes?

Trace: Of course! Now let's stop talking and start battling. He said.

Brock: If you insist. Go, Geodude!

Geodude: Geodude!

Trace: A Rock type. Perfect chance to show off my new Pokémon. Let's go, Mankey!

Mankey: Mankey!

Niko: A Mankey. Niko pulled out his Pokédex.

Pokédex: Mankey, the Pig Monkey Pokémon. An agile Pokémon that lives in trees. It angers easily and will not hesitate to attack anything.

Niko: Figures. A hot headed Pokémon for a hot headed trainer.

Trace: Mankey, use Karate Chop! The pig Pokémon charges in to deliver a downward chop.

Brock: Geodude, catch it! Geodude uses it's hands to grab onto Mankey's arm.

Trace: Use your free hand and use Fury Swipes. Mankey frantically starts scratching Geodude, but it was having little to no effect.

Brock: It's going to take a lot more than that if you want to have a chance at beating Geodude.

Trace: I got that covered. Low Kick. Mankey kicks Geodude which hurt it a bit. Yeah, keep it up! Mankey repeatedly kept kicking which made Geodude let go. Next use Karate Chop again. Mankey lands a direct hit on Geodude's head knocking it out.

Duplica: He won. And so fast too.

Niko: Yeah. Trace is way better than I thought.

Trace: Alright, Mankey! Trace said excited. Mankey growled just as happy.

Brock: Geodude, return. Brock called back. Thank you, Geodude. Now, Onix go!

Niko: An Onix! Niko gasped.

Pokédex: Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon. It burrows at high speed in search of food. The tunnels it leaves are used as homes by Diglett.

Trace: Let's keep this momentum going. Mankey, Karate Chop. Mankey shouted about to attack.

Brock: Onix use Tackle. His Onix charged and knocked Mankey out of the arena and into the wall. It slid down defeated.

Trace: Mankey!

Niko: Mankey is thought, but that Onix is way tougher.

Trace: Now I'm mad. Alright, Charmander, come out!

Charmander: Char!

Niko: So that's the Pokémon he picked.

Brock: A Fire type isn't exactly a good matchup against a Rock type.

Trace: We'll see about that. Charmander, Dragon Rage! Charmander fires at Onix, but it doesn't do much.

Brock: You think you can beat Onix with that?

Trace: You'll see. Charmander use Dig. Charmander tunneled underground.

Niko: Charmander can use Dig!? Suddenly the Lizard Pokémon jumped out of the ground and tackled into the Onix knocking it back.

Brock: Onix! Brocked gasped.

Trace: What do you think about that? Charmander launch another Dragon Rage! The Lizard Pokémon fires again. Onix just bats away the attack with it's tail.

Niko: He makes up for his Pokémon's disadvantage in type by having them learn moves that work against the opposite type. Professor Oak was always telling us that a Pokémon's type is what matters in a battle. Niko was more interested in this battle now.

Trace: Charmander use Dig one more time! His Pokémon dug deep.

Brock: Onix, feel out where Charmander's going to come out. His Onix looks around to try and predict where the Fire Pokémon will come from.

Charmander pops out from right underneath Onix and topples it over. Onix falls defeated.

Brock: Onix, no!

Niko: He won! Niko gasped.

Trace: Yeah! Way to go, Charmander! His Pokémon growled happily.

Charmander: Char! (Yeah!)

Brock: Not bad. As proof you won at the Pewter City Gym, I give you the Boulder Badge. Brock presented Trace his badge.

Trace: Aw, yeah.

Duplica: That was such an amazing battle. I wasn't sure at the beginning, but Trace is a really good trainer.

Niko: Yeah. He sure is. Niko was also impressed. Not only by the way Brock battled, but Trace's tactics.

Now, outside, the three trainers were outside.

Trace: See that, Niko? That's how you win a gym battle. Guess we know now who's closer to getting in the Pokémon League. Just try to keep up. He said confidently.

Duplica: Wow, you sure are modest. She said sarcastically.

Ditto: Ditto. (Ditto)

Trace: Well, I'll be heading to Cerulean City now. Hope you win your match, Niko. It would be kinda boring not to have any real competition. He said as he left for the next gym.

Niko: He's kinda weird, but he's not a bad guy. But Trace is right. Gym battles are a lot more tough than I thought. So I need to get ready.

Duplica: Well, you know me and Ditto are right here if you need us. She said having Niko's back.

Ditto: Ditto! (For sure!)

Niko: Thanks guys.

Having witnessed his friends Gym battle against Brock, Niko, with newfound confidence prepares to battle in his first Gym. Will he make it? Stay tuned.

As the journey continues

Pokémon!
Attention, all Pokémon trainers!
Do you got what it takes to be the best?
Today, we'll do 30 Pokémon!
It's the ultimate test!

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeah!
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeeaahh!

Articuno, Jynx, Nidorina, Beedrill
Haunter, Squirtle, Chansey (Pokémon!)
Parasect, Exeggcute, Muk, Dewgong
Pidgeotto, Lapras, Vulpix, Rhydon

At least 150 or more to see.
To be a Pokémon Master is my destiny.

Charizard, Machamp, Pinsir, Koffing
Dugtrio, Golbat, Staryu, Magikarp
Ninetales, Ekans, Omastar
Scyther, Tentacool, Dragonair, Magmar

Not bad, not bad!
Hey, don't get cocky. The next one's the hardest part.
We're on our way to 150 Pokémon!
There's no stopping us!

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (oowww)
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (oowww)
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon
Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (yeeaahh)
Pokémon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 404 51
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 1 of the series: Kanto.
2.1K 73 42
In the town of pallet lived two boys Ash Ketchum A boy how wanted to be a Pokémon master and Green how dreams becoming the world strongest set out on...
109K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
2.5K 104 17
This is a continuation of my first Pokemon story. This story will follow the adventures of a new trainer. Join him on his way to the Johto League. (...