PERFECTLY IMPERFECT

By SensationalSleeping

Getting a prince was Eva's, daughter of the Evil Queen, only goal in life. Well, that and ensuring she looked... More

ONE ~ ALLEYWAY ADVENTURES
TWO ~ PUTRID PIRATES
THREE ~ ROYALLY ROTTEN
FOUR ~ KIND KING
FIVE ~ TENDER TEACHER
SIX ~ FRAIL FAIRY
SEVEN ~ FRIGHTENING FEELINGS
EIGHT ~ IRKSOME INTERACTIONS
NINE ~ WICKED WAND
TEN ~ DANGEROUS DANCING
ELEVEN ~ KNACKERED KNIGHT
TWELVE ~ MISSING MAL
THIRTEEN ~ PERFECTED PLANS
FOURTEEN ~ ROTTEN REUNION
FIFTEEN ~ FLIRTATIOUS FIGHTING
SIXTEEN ~ TENACIOUS TENTACLES
SEVENTEEN ~ COTILLION CONFESSIONS
EIGHTEEN ~ ENDEARING ENGAGEMENT
NINETEEN ~ HADES' HUMILIATION
TWENTY ~ PETTY PIRATES
TWENTY ONE ~ KNOCKOUT KNIGHTS
TWENTY TWO ~ FAMILY FOREVER
TWENTY THREE ~ DISTRAUGHT DRAGON
TWENTY FOUR ~ GLOOMY GOODBYES
TWENTY FIVE ~ COLD CLOSURE
TWENTY THREE.2 ~ LIFESAVING LIPS

TWENTY SIX ~ HAPPILY EVER AFTER

1.5K 51 2
By SensationalSleeping

╭━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╮
The End.
╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

A miniature, albeit extravagant, replica of Beast's castle was erected in the space before the barrier ended. The perfect space to celebrate the engagement of the King and his future Queen of Auradon. An impressively large crowd gathered in the square, cheering for Auradon's favourite couple. Since saving the land from Audrey's evil sleeping curse, Mal's popularity with the people only increased. Even Leah warmed up to her, eternally grateful for saving her beloved granddaughter.

Considering the young couple had only been engaged for a week, the Queen Mother managed to throw an impressive engagement party. Blue and yellow banners had been hung from the walls, bearing stripes and the royal crest. Flowers were strung over the railings, providing a pop of colour against the natural stone. Attendants, dressed formally in royal yellow suits, stood around the edge of the clustered crowd, ready to provide service if needed.

Turning away from her family, Evie faced the tunnel entrance when the cheering increased. "There they are," she said with a wide smile.

The rest of the VKs (including Doug) turned with her. An uncomfortable gap existed between them that hadn't always been there. Whilst there was no space between their bodies, the air felt empty, as though it were leaving room for someone who no longer existed within their dynamic.

Unconsciously, Evie's brown eyes darted past the beaming couple, catching on the crystal waters where they turned into muddy waters. It was only for a split second but it was long enough that an unbearable pain flickered to life in her chest. None of them would ever fully adjust to the loss of their missing member; all they could do was hope that one day, the hurt would lessen until they could breathe properly again.

Mal and Ben emerged through the tunnel connecting Auradon to this treasured space, joyful looks plastered on their faces. Hands linked, they waved to their adoring subjects as they moved between them. Passing by Evie, the two women smiled at each other, best friends to the very end. Love sparkled in Mal's eyes as her fiancé led her over to the blue-carpeted stairs. When they reached the top, they bowed to the past King and Queen before moving to stand at the edge of the wide balcony.

The young leaders smiled down at their people, their friends. Belle and Adam moved to stand on Ben's left, beaming at their son and lovely daughter-in-law. Whilst they were at hesitant about the relationship at first, the former monarchs adored Mal and the love she shared with their son.

"Lady Mal and I wish to thank you for coming down here to celebrate our engagement with us. We couldn't be more thankful for all the support and kindness you've shown us. Mal, I couldn't be happier that you'll join me in ruling this kingdom. So..." Ben raised his small punch glass into the air. "... raise your glasses to the future queen of Auradon."

"To our queen of Auradon." The crowd chanted, glasses raised high. The unquestionable support and touching words brought a tear to Mal's eyes.

"Speech, Your Specialness." Carlos jibed.

"Speech, Oh Fancy One." Jay taunted.

The crowd laughed at their antics, Mal included. Until her smile faded. Exchanging a look, Carlos and Evie noticed the change in her expression, aware she was about to say/do something insane. Looking down at her friends, Mal couldn't avoid the fact that one of them was missing. Eva would've joined in with the teasing, adding another snarky comment about Mal's impending position of power. Her laughter would've reverberated throughout the crowd. A small snort would've likely made its way from her nose, only serving to make those around her laugh harder.

Eyes catching on the Isle, damp and dreary even from over here, Mal's throat bobbed with emotion. "I can't," she said.

The crowd gasped in shock. Turning to look at Jay, Evie was perturbed when he shook his head in confusion. Mal hadn't told any of them about this, about doubts. In fact, she hadn't even mentioned Eva to any of them since she left. They didn't know it was because of the intense guilt eating away at her. Right here, now, celebrating her future at Auradon, all Mal could think of was how she had robbed so many others of one.

"I can't be the queen of Auradon."

Ben let out an uneasy laugh, turning to Mal with an odd look on his face. He said her name, silently pleading with her to not do this in front of his kingdom. If she was having second thoughts about him, he'd rather she not tell him in front of everyone he knew.

"I can't turn my back on the Isle. On Eva." Mal's voice lowered, speaking only to him.

It wasn't yet common knowledge that Eva left Auradon to live on the Isle. Only a select few were let in on that secret, because it would've opened them up to a whole bunch of questions as to why. Some would protest, especially after it was only recently that they had come around to the idea of accepting more VKs. They were excited at the prospect. The royal council decided they needed more time to think of a way to break it to the people.

Mal turned back to the crowd. "We made a decision to close the barrier forever. And it was my idea."

Turns out, Mal didn't think she needed any more time. Fairy Godmother turned to look at the dragon in shock; the crowd mirrored her expression.

"But it was wrong."

Evie's eyes watered as she looked at her best friend. This could be the first step in ensuring she got to see her sister again.

"You never know where the bad is going to come from." Mal continued, explaining how Uma and the pirate were the reason that the Isle was rescued from the depths of peril.

She revealed that Hades, her father, was the one to save Audrey's life despite receiving no reward for it. Because there was good in everyone, so long as you took the time to see it.

"We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from. Which is why I can't be the queen of Auradon without fighting for the people who are trapped over there. I believe it's time we reunite the two kingdoms. It's time that we take the barrier down forever."

"We can't do that." Adam protested.

He, himself, had grown fond of the smaller blue-haired twin and whilst it was sad that she was trapped over on the Isle, the barrier was created for a good purpose. A safe purpose. Placing a warning hand on his chest, Belle prevented him from stepping forward.

Ben gently reminded his father that he was no longer King. Important, life-changing decisions no longer fell to Adam. Stepping beside his fiancée, Ben wrapped his arm around her waist.

"I choose to be a king who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. The barrier will come down," he declared.

Carlos whooped loudly, earning a round of laughter. The crowd clapped, hesitantly at first, and then supportively when Fairy Godmother passed the magic wand into the trusting hands of the future Queen. The VKs joined her on the balcony, disbelief written on their faces. Ben stepped back, allowing them to stand side-by-side as they waited with anticipation for this momentous moment. They were about to be part of history.

Squashed together, the VKs waited with bated breath. Mal raised the wand. The renowned designer clutched Carlos' hand so tightly that his fingers began turning purple. Jay bounced nervously on the balls of his feet. Eva was only a few words away.

Mal started. "To make the world a better place..."

"... we have to do it face to face." The four of them finished.

Light emitted from the tip of the wand, flying over to the Isle of the Lost. When it landed on the invisible barrier, the bubble trapping the residents of the Isle became visible and burst into a shower of gold. A solid brick bridge began forming between the two kingdoms, and the dark cloud that permanently plagued those on the Isle merely evaporated.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Eva woke in a foul mood. Back in Auradon, today's date was circled on her calendar months ago. Ever since Belle caught wind of Ben's intentions of proposing, she picked this date for the engagement party she began planning in her head. And so, Eva circled it, dotting it with a beast face and a purple heart; the collision of two worlds.

But now, she was missing out on all of it. The preparation, the fancy clothes, the celebrating. She would even miss the wedding, forced to watch the happiest day of her friend's life on a cracked television screen, interrupted by static every five minutes.

The scowl on her face dampened the already-glum atmosphere in the Chip Shoppe. Sympathetic, (but also not wanting Eva to taint her pirates' spirits) Uma dragged her friend out into the fresh sea air, Harry and Gil following behind. Doing his best to cheer her up, Harry spun his girlfriend around, pleased when her eyes crinkled in amusement. The skirt of her dress fluttered from the movement, and she let the smile travel to her lips as Harry held her close. One arm around her midsection and the other clasping her hand, he pressed her to his body and danced them down the pier, unbothered by whether they looked ridiculous.

Sunlight smashed against them so suddenly and unexpectedly, it blinded the foursome momentarily. People exclaimed around them. Gil covered his eyes. Uma glanced around to see if something was on fire, causing the blinding brilliance of light.

Shielding Eva from the unknown danger, Harry muttered, "What in the Underworld?"

Ducking out from her partner's protective arms, Eva squinted up at the shockingly blue sky. The dark grey clouds were gone, and the overcast sky she stared at every day for almost seventeen years had changed. A stream of people were making their way towards the barrier and Eva followed. Cursing as the blue-haired sprinted off, Harry took off after her, leaving Uma and Gil to make their own way.

Tentatively emerging through the tunnel, dodging some of the displaced bricks that had fallen to the floor, Eva stumbled backwards at the sight of the newly formed bridge. An arm looped through hers, holding her upright. Uma couldn't control the grin on her face as she stood next to her friend.

"Maybe you could show me Auradon?" She asked, turning to look at the delight shining in Eva's eyes.

When Harry and Gil joined the two women, they watched as the original VKs made their way across the bridge, prompting the pirates to take their first steps towards a new future. Tears pricked Eva's eyes when the two groups met in the middle. Her family were right there, within arm's reach. Yet neither one ran to the other.

The people of Auradon turned, leading those from the Isle towards the decorated side of the bridge. Joining King Ben at the front of the group, the VKs looked at the pirates and the people who braved the journey from the Isle. Not daring to cross the invisible threshold to Auradon, those from the Isle lingered at the entryway. Uncertainty painted their faces. Bowing low at the waist, the residents of Auradon welcomed those from the Isle of the Lost to their kingdom.

Eva was the first to move, launching herself at her sister. The twins squeezed each other tightly, not wanting to let go. Now they truly did have the rest of their lives together. They'd been apart for far too long already and had no desire to separate again. However, Jay swooped in and pulled them apart. Chiding Evie for being selfish and keeping Eva to herself, he stole her away from her twin. Wrapping her up in his arms, he spun the small woman around with a booming laugh.

"You are not going anywhere ever again," he teased, placing her back on the ground.

Once her feet were on the floor, Harry slid over and stole her back for himself. As more people from the Isle approached, the lines between Auradon and the Lost blurred. The two groups mixed, blending into one. Pirates met with princes and princesses, introducing themselves and striking up conversations. Friendships formed before the miniature castle. Bumping into each other, Jay and Gil decided they would waste no time and journey off together to explore jungles and icebergs. Eva smiled, pleased that her two of her favourite men were bonding. She knew they'd be a perfect match for each other. (If only Jay hadn't been too stubborn to listen before.)

"You know what?" Uma said, dancing beside the Grimhilde twins. "Mal came through."

"She always does." Evie smiled, watching as her Queen danced with some of the younger VKs.

Eva hummed, not quite agreeing but pleased nonetheless. She was fully expecting to live the rest of her days on the Isle but some part of her was expecting Mal to make some form of change. Even if it simply meant starting the VK programme up eventually. Leaving the entirety of the Isle to rot seemed harsh, even for Maleficent's heir.

"So, she's definitely taken?" Harry asked, sticking his head between Eva and Evie's. A smirk twisted his lips, amused by his own deviousness.

"Definitely." Evie said shortly, unimpressed with his scheme to get Eva's attention.

A sharp elbow jabbed him in the stomach, and he glanced down at his fiery girlfriend's furious face. Harry winced at the pain in his ribs as he bent down to kiss her apologetically. Eyebrow raised, she ducked away from him, dashing through the crowd. Like a man bewitched, he hurried after her, eyes locked on her fast form. Evie and Uma laughed at the pair, smiling when the pirate caught his princess.

Squealing as strong arms gripped her stomach, Eva felt breathless when the one she loved turned her so she was facing him. She didn't even flinch away from the hands on her midsection, comfortable in her own skin. Harry dipped her spontaneously, enjoying the peals of laughter that rang in his ears. Pulling her up, the pirate pressed his lips to her in a passionate declaration of love. Eva smiled into the kiss, tongue tangling with his as the people around them faded away. Well, not for long...

"So, this is the Codfish who stole your heart?"

Eva pulled away from her pirate, who scowled at the missing contact.

"Parker!" Eva beamed, moving away from Harry to give her mischievous friend a tight squeeze. "As I'm sure you've figured out, this is Harry. The Harry."

Having been glaring at the son of his father's most hated enemy, who was staring at Eva a little too long for his liking, Harry's eyes widened at the notion that she discussed him with this redhead. Infused with the diplomatic energy that had overtaken the entire kingdom, Parker stuck his hand out. Harry had forgone his father's hook for this significant occasion, so stuck his right hand out, clasping Pan's firmly.

"Maybe now she'll let me get some sleep without incessantly talking my ear off about whether you hate her or not."

Eva swatted Parker on the arm and his laughter grated on Harry's nerves. Heat burned the tips of his ears at the reminder of his behaviour. He was grateful when Audrey flitted over to the group, tempting Parker with a dance. Harry mouthed a 'thank you' to her, which she responded to with a nod of understanding. They saved her life; the least she could do was give them some time to themselves.

Wrapped in Harry's arms, Eva sighed contently. Home wasn't a castle. It wasn't a rundown apartment on an island full of outcasts. Home was wherever her family were. She was just lucky that she got to have them all together in one place.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Once the celebrations died down (well, once it moved into the grounds and awe-inducing building of Auradon Prep), the five VKs stood before the bridge alone, hand in hand. Confetti littered the floor beneath their shoes.

Harry sat on the bottom step of the far suitcase, leaving them to their moment alone. He would've left but Eva made him promise to wait for her, not wanting him to officially enter Auradon without her. She knew it was selfish to rob him of the festivities but he was more than happy to oblige.

One arm wrapped around Carlos' shoulders and her left hand clasped in her sister's, Eva looked across the sea at the small island. It looked vastly different in the sunlight and yet, almost like nothing had changed.

"Do you ever miss them?" Evie asked. No one needed clarification on who she was talking about.

"Yeah," said Jay softly, begrudgingly admitting defeat. Long gone were the days where the VKs used to act tough around each other. Emotions were something to share with each other, cherish and accept.

Even Eva couldn't deny her honest response to the question. She may never miss her mother - even years down the line - but she certainly missed having a parental figure. When she was having a dark day or judging her appearance, she would hear her mother's voice in her head, and feel a weird pang at the idea of never hearing it in person.

"Do you think they miss us?" Mal asked.

"Of course."
"No."

Carlos and Eva spoke simultaneously though their answers were vastly different. The other four turned to look at her incredulously. She held her hands up in innocence, taking a step back from the scrutiny. One of us needs to be honest, she muttered to herself.

Watching as the other four took off running down the bridge, Eva lingered behind. It was something her family needed to do to heal their own wounds, but she had no desire to see her mother again. That night on the pier was all the closure she needed. Having said her peace, Eva would have no qualms if she never saw her mother again.

Turning to face the dark-haired man that always waited for her, Eva linked her fingers through his, pulling him to stand. Strolling through the bright tunnel, the first thing Harry saw was the sprawling green grounds and the gargantuan castle. Decorated and filled with life, it was a very different place to the last time he was here.

"Welcome to Auradon."

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Stars twinkled bright above them. Moonlight bounced off the dark waters. Even though the idea of sleeping in a real bed with plush pillows and thick comforters appealed to those from the Isle, no one was ready for the festivities to come to an end. They feared they would wake tomorrow to find it was all one big dream, and they were trapped once again.

Groups of people were scattered around the beach. Small bonfires were set up in safe places, providing warmth and amusement for some people. Auradon residents were teaching those from the Isle how to make smores, charmed by the delighted looks on the VKs' faces when they tasted melted marshmallow for the first time.

Soft grains pushed between Eva's toes, tickling her feet. Her boots were discarded at the top of the beach, alongside multiple other pairs of shoes. Waves licked at her toes, coaxing her.

"No."

People nearby flinched at the harshness and volume of her tone. Jay and Gil laughed at the expression on the fearless (or, not quite) knight's face before they both dove into the water without a second thought. Most nights, they water would've been too crisp for a swim, but Fairy Godmother made an exception to her rules and used the wand to ensure the water would be warm for the evening. After all, this was a most exceptional night.

"I'm not getting in that boat, Hook."

"Come on, Princess. I promise I'll keep you safe." Harry soothed, holding his hand out to her.

He was already stood in the wooden rowboat, unaffected by it bobbing up and down. Flowers decorate the side of it, and he made the effort to pack a small picnic in case they got peckish.

"No."

They'd been having the same debate for the past fifteen minutes.

"Eva, get in," he said more forcefully this time.

He had spent years watching as she yearned for the ocean, watching her stare in awe at his father's ship. And now that he was finally gifted with the chance to show her how to sail, she refused to even sit in the damn boat! The expression on his face sent a thrill racing through her and she placed her hand in his.

"Aye, aye, Captain."

His eyes darkened, and then softened when she gripped him tightly, hands wrapped around his wrists when the boat rocked beneath them. Carlos gave them a small push (trying not to laugh at the small shriek his friend let out), and then Harry was rowing them further out to sea. Far away enough that they could barely hear the people on the beach but close enough that she would be able to swim back if they tipped.

The rocking motion of the boat beneath them began to turn her stomach. Harry found it endearing when her face turned white. She shuffled over to his side of the boat, hand resting on his thigh. Coming to a stop, Harry wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close. Hand resting on her hip, he pressed a kiss to the side of her head.

"See, this isn't too bad." Harry soothed. "Thank you for trusting me."

"Always. Now, why did you force me to do this?"

"I thought you'd want the best vantage point to witness this."

Following the direction of his finger, Eva gasped when a small light was thrown into the air. A few more followed in its wake, lighting up the sky. More and more lanterns were lit, sparkling in Eva's eyes. Once all the lanterns were set free, the night sky was light up with what looked like hundreds of stars. Some of the colour returned to Eva's face, and she broke the peaceful silence that had settled over their little boat.

"This tradition was started because of my art teacher."

"Rapunzel?"

Eva hummed, tracking the path that one lantern took. An apple was etched into the side of it.

"It marked the day she was born and everyone fell in love with them. They continued, even after she returned home. I guess she was kind enough to let us borrow her tradition."

"Now they mark the start of our lives together," responded Harry.

"I'm still going to throw up on you."

Harry chuckled, thumb tracing the line of her jaw. "And yet I'd still find ye devastatingly gorgeous."

"Now, now, Hook. I may like an ego boost but I think you might be putting me on a bit of a pedestal there."

Harry leant down and kissed the tip of her nose. "Eva, to me, you've always been perfect."

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

The End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 395 20
THIS IS BOOK 1 Book 2 out now Prince Ben and Princess (Y/N) were about to turn sixteen, and be crowned King and Royal Advisor of The United States of...
55.8K 971 14
When Prince Ben declares that he wishes to bring over some of the villain children to Auradon, this allows not four -- but five VK's to stir up some...
297K 5.5K 47
Chloe de Vil lives on the Isle of the Lost with her mother and twin brother. That is, until Carlos got the invitation to go to Auradon. Since then, C...
44.8K 677 17
Hello! Yet another Disney Descendants story. This continues after the events of "I'm No Princess". After Bianca can't handle all the pressure of b...