Being Bad For Good Sake

By The_Author_S

This is my obsessive life, and the most important thing is that I have never allowed myself to cry. Despite m... More

Obsessive Life
Daily Routine
MDC Anniversary
MDC Anniversary Part 2
MDC Anniversary Part 3(Lila Busted)
Tiring Weekends (unwanted visit)
Mysteries!!!
What happened?
Enrollment in Gotham Academy
Unexpected Twist
Have to Go
Flight To Gotham
First Time Meeting
First day in Academy(1)
First Day in Academy (2)
Are You?
Timothy Drake
Face Reveal
Failed attempts to befriend her
Am I falling in love?
I Pretend to not care.
It doesn't matter who apologizes first... The apology is the one that matters.
The Dance I never expected...
The Rumor...
Recognizing Presence in the Absence.
Would You be My Girlfriend?
The Betrayal

I Don't Need Your Pity

231 6 0
By The_Author_S

Damien's POV -      

We finally reached home... Because it was very late and dark I carried her to my bedroom everyone was asleep except my father. "Let her sleep in my bedroom, I will debrief it later," I whispered to him. She was very light, but at the same time very stiff and robust. I tugged her into my bed and left silently. I saw Father waiting for me on the couch. "So, what happened? Did it work? Did she recognize them? Who are they? and What they want." I was fired by the questions. "Yes, it did work. He left for his family, And she also recognized the goons. They were sleeper cells of the Joker. I don't know why they are after her." "Okay, let's just sleep tonight and regain our energy, we have a huge day ahead."

I went to my room and sit beside my bed, she is adorable when she is sleeping. I can't help but get worried about her, and the amount of pain and suffering she went through. I didn't even realize that her hand was in mine and that I was gently rubbing her hand. It was very calming, Whenever I am with her I forget about everything including my past, and become a new and better person, I am more like myself when I am with her. With these thoughts, I drift apart to sleep while holding her hand close to me.

Marinette's POV -        

I open my eyes and the first person I see is Damien, sleeping while holding my hand. I had to leave before anyone suspects me of not being at home the whole night. I got up and when I was about to leave as I usually do, something felt wrong, so I wrote a note and left it on the bed and before leaving I put a blanket over him. It was cold outside and after all, he saved my life this is the least I could do. I went through the window and then took a cab, well it was awkward cause I had blood stains on my shirt which is not normal. He was afraid of me.

 Slowly I reached my home and got freshened luckily no one knew I wasn't home last night. I got ready and left out it was 6 am. I checked my emails for any updates and there were many. I missed a lot of meetings. Now I had to work harder than I already have been. I wasn't ready for a bike ride so I took my car to a cafe.

"Good morning ma'am!" said the waiter. "Encanto Presmo." It is a code word, basically, the cafe is a base for my agency and the only one in Goatham. With the code, he leads me to the interior secret office. "Gracias." I thanked him. I did some training both physical and mental. I then took the medicine which eases the pain of the injury.

When I reached the academy everyone there was shocked, It was unusual but then the bell rang, Lie-la. Who else could it be? Spreading lies is the only thing she excels at. Should I guess what lie she spread this time? As I was guessing, I got interrupted by a sudden voice, "Marinette, shouldn't you be resting, You were heavily inju-" "Shhuuu..." I cut him off, can't risk letting my babysitters know that I was out yesterday and heavily injured.

Damien's POV -

When I woke up with a blanket wrapped around me, I found her missing, there was a note on the table 'It's Marinette, I just wanted to thank you and your family, for helping me save an innocent life. As for yesterday's incident, it's better if no one knows about it. And leave the sleeper cell's case up to me, it was related to me so it's better if you or your alter do not intervene in my issues.'  She really is a different case, She sure is involved in something big but now I am sure it's not something evil.

As I woke up and prepared for another day of school, I found myself wondering if she would be there. Logic said she shouldn't come, but secretly, I hoped she would. There's something about being around her that stirs up this strange feeling in my heart, an unexplainable sensation that lingers on.

As I stepped out of my car, standing in front of the academy, a sense of unease washed over me. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something in the air, a feeling that today wouldn't be a great day. The vibes were off, and I couldn't shake this lingering sense of foreboding. But I decide to ignore it.

As I walked towards my class, my eyes caught sight of Marinette. She came to school today, and despite my initial happiness, rationality kicked in. I knew she was injured and shouldn't be here. I called out to her from behind, "Marinette, shouldn't you be resting? You were heavily inju-" but she interrupted me, likely not wanting anyone to know about it.

"Didn't you read the note I left for you?" I remained silent, fully aware that it was my fault. After a few awkward moments, I cleared my throat to break the silence. "We almost forgot about our assignment. I don't want to fall behind in academics. So, let's meet today at 5. I'll be wait--" She wasn't paying attention to me; her gaze was fixed on someone as if she were hiding from them. "Marinette! I'm talking to you," I got her attention before asking, "What happened, Marinette? Are you hiding from someone? You seem troubled." My worry was evident in my voice. "I'm not worried for myself, but for others. Especially you. Here she comes, hide..." she rushed, pointing out a hiding spot. "Where?" I asked, panicking, unaware of the danger. "There, hide in that locker."

I did as she said and hid in the locker, allowing me to observe the situation outside. Marinette tried to remain calm despite the tense atmosphere. A brunette with sausage-like hair, whose back was turned to me, seemed to be the instigator. I could see Marinette's face, initially showing an ignoring look, but her expression quickly changed when another girl entered the scene. This new girl had blonde hair and was wearing yellow.

The brunette directed her attention towards Marinette, taunting her by saying, "Well, well, well, look who is here." Blonde responded with a cold remark, "Someone who doesn't deserve to be alive." Another girl with specs chimed in, trying to defuse the situation by saying, "Cool down, we have a whole week. I don't want my entertainment to end this early. Right, miss trash..."

I felt a surge of anger at how they were treating her. How dare they speak to her that way?

I wanted to step out of the locker, but Marinette gestured for me to stay hidden. I watched in horror as the brunette with specs grabbed Marinette's collar and forcefully dragged her toward the locker where I was concealed. With a violent shove, she slammed Marinette against the locker. I couldn't comprehend why Marinette wasn't fighting back. She seemed to be holding in her emotions.

Before I could process what was happening, the blonde girl delivered a harsh punch to Marinette's stomach. I felt a surge of anger and concern. How could they be so cruel? I realized that Marinette still had a fresh wound from yesterday's injury, and the attack had caused it to reopen and start bleeding again. Those girls were heartless idiots, unaware of the pain they were causing.

The brunette with sausage-like hair finally intervened and halted the aggression. She straightened Marinette's collar and leaned in to whisper something in her ear. From my hidden vantage point, I could overhear her words. "Looks like I've won completely, Marinette. You're officially living in your personal hell. Wishing to be dead? Don't even try, 'cause you have a long life to rot in this hell before you go to another one." Her evil smile sent chills down my spine, but Marinette surprised me with her response.

With a chilling chuckle, Marinette whispered back, "Should we bet on who would wish to be dead first? Cause I'm sure it's going to be you. I really enjoy watching you suffer, but you'll always fail in the end. Your attempts to torture me are merely part of my daily routine." Her cold and fearless demeanor made her even scarier than her tormentors. 

After the confrontation, the tormentors eventually left the scene. As they disappeared, I cautiously emerged from my hiding spot. Marinette's condition didn't seem too severe, but I still felt a pang of concern for her well-being. "It's not too bad, but open wounds can easily get infected. Let me help you," I offered, reaching for a handkerchief to tend to her wound.

However, instead of accepting my help, Marinette shook my hand away angrily. Confusion filled my mind as she spoke with frustration, "Please drop that act. I know you've been spying on me from the beginning, keeping tabs on my every move. You never liked me from the start, and the assignment was just an excuse. You could have helped me at the airport, or even in the library, but you did nothing. I don't want pity from someone who's been spying on me. So stay away from me."

Her words hit me like a sudden blow, and I was at a loss for words. I couldn't comprehend why she believed I had been spying on her or why she thought I had ulterior motives. It felt as if she was pushing me away, even though moments ago we had been on good terms. Despite her insistence that I should leave, I couldn't help but sense a hint of desperation in her voice, as if she secretly wanted me to stay. Yet, I couldn't let wishful thinking cloud my judgment. She made it clear that she wanted me to stay away, and I had to respect her wishes. If she didn't want my help or presence, then so be it. I left for my class, feeling a mix of disappointment and confusion lingering within me.

As some time passes, I couldn't shake off the lingering sense of disappointment and confusion. I wondered what had gone wrong, how our once amicable connection had become strained. However, dwelling on these thoughts wouldn't change the reality of the situation. Marinette had made her stance clear, and I had no choice but to abide by it.

Marinette's POV -

After witnessing the events unfold before my eyes, a wave of worry washed over me. If those individuals discovered Damien's connection to me, they would stop at nothing to sever our friendship. They were ruthless, with no regard for the collateral damage they caused in the pursuit of their goals. It became clear to me that taking matters into my own hands was the safest option. Ending our friendship would ensure everyone's safety.

I convinced myself that Damien's friendship held no significant value to me, and I assumed he felt the same way. Using his initial disbelief in me as an excuse, I decided to transform our relationship into that of distant classmates. It was a defense mechanism, a way to shield myself and keep him at arm's length.

However, deep down, a part of me questioned the path I had chosen. Was I truly doing the right thing? Had I let fear and the actions of others cloud my judgment? The nagging doubt weighed on my conscience, but I suppressed it, believing that distance was the only way to protect him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.9K 47
"You know, victims are not afraid of their kidnappers. They are afraid of what kidnappers may do to them. People aren't afraid of other people, you s...
2K 83 21
This is a story about a girl. A girl who is Y/N, well you. You have lived in Paris for three years with your parents but that changed when your mom h...
38.7K 1.5K 37
It's the beginning of my senior year and all I want is to get through the last year of high school, unscathed and under the radar. Of course, that is...
13.6K 520 21
- This is of course a Jasonette Fanfic. This story will also have some references to the One-Shot I did in my other book so you can all go check it o...