Rulers of the Soaring Sea ||...

By PC_Clicker

Instead of Valka being taken away, why not the whole Haddock family? As a result, Snotlout becomes the new he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 8

128 5 0
By PC_Clicker

Astrid is starting to get along with the residents of the sanctuary.

She welcomed the newly rescued dragons and was often hanging out in the hatchery to help the mothers and hatchlings.

Most importantly, Valka offered her to train so Astrid would defend herself against her kind.

Everything seems to be cleared in the portrait until some uninvited guests arrive.

~~~~~

The rain became heavy on the glacier island this week.

Astrid is helping Valka to prepare lunch when a blue Terror flew in.

"Intruder, intruder!"

Said the tiny dragon as she lands on Astrid's arms.

"What are they?"

Astrid asked.

"Campers. Five younglings, and one elder. At the west coast."

"Thank you for informing us, Sneaky."

Afterward, Sneaky flew off.

"I'll go check there."

Astrid said to Valka.

"Be careful, okay?"

Valka replied.

With Luna prepped and ready, the two set out to seek the intruders.

~~~~~

Astrid's reaction is not what she had expected.

At first, she only thought that it was the hunters trying to invade the nest, but what she only found were locals from Berk, more specifically, Gobber the Belch and the 'gang'.

Turns out, they are here for a survival camp to see who will survive the best in the wild.

Astrid tells Luna to stay behind the glaciers while she goes there solo to examine them.

Upon peeking, she finds a conclusion.

Gobber is being Gobber, Fishlegs is still a bookworm, the twins got new haircuts as Ruffnut's hair became short while Tuffnut had dreadlocks, and Snotlout still whines about her still going missing.

Astrid rolled her eyes at it.

She's about to leave them when she accidentally stepped on a piece of ice which caused her to earn their attention.

Leaving no choice, she immediately fled out of the scene under the shadows and headed back to Lula before flying back into the sanctuary.

"What in Odin's name was that?"

Gobber asked out loud.

"It could be a dragon!"

Fishlegs exclaimed in excitement.

"Don't jump to conclusions, Fishlegs. There could be someone here."

Ruffnut said.

"If I see a dragon around, I'm gonna kill them!"

Snotlout said clenching his fist.

"Ugh, again with that?"

Tuffnut groaned.

"Alright, you lads stay here. I'm going to investigate."

Gobber spoke.

"No, we're coming!"

Tuffnut interferes with Ruffnut followed and the rest groans.

Gobber sighs knowing that he leaves no choice and the Vikings enter the nest.

Unaware, Hiccup is watching what happened after Astrid came back in.

He cursed before heading back inside to Inform them.

~~~~~

"So, what does he look like?"

Valka asked after Hiccup explained the situation.

"Blonde mustache, blue eyes, a hand and leg replaced by prosthetics, and a Viking helmet."

Hiccup described.

"That's Gobber the Belch from the Isle of Berk."

Astrid spoke and the Haddock parents were surprised.

"Mum, Dad, do you know something that I don't?"

Hiccup asked his parents upon seeing their reactions.

"Hiccup, all of us are from Berk."

Valka said.

"Including me?"

"Aye, as a wee babe."

Stoick replied.

"So, what are we gonna do?"

Hiccup asked until Sharpshot flew in informing them.

"Riders, all of the Viking intruders are entering the tunnels!"

He said.

"Which location?"

Asked Astrid.

"All I know is that a skinny boy with short hair entered the hatchery!"

Astrid gasped realizing who it was.

"We better split to catch them."

She told the Haddock family and they nodded before mounting their dragons and split up into the tunnels.

~~~~~

The Berkians somehow got lost in the tunnels upon entering because it was dark there.

Luckily, Snotlout, Fishlegs, and Tuffnut are intact.

Speaking of Snotlout, he is well-prepared to face any challenge as he kisses his biceps which hold his hammer.

While there, something snuck past them from behind which terrifies Fishlegs.

"G-guys, did you hear what I heard?"

Fishlegs asked.

"It's probably just you, Fishy."

Tuffnut comments.

However, another move happened again and Tuffnut became aware.

"Okay, I'll take that back."

He said.

"Pfft, come on! It's just the wind if you ask me!"

Snotlout spoke annoying the boys.

Suddenly, a movement landed in front of them.

When they look ahead, pairs of green eyes glowed in the darkness as the eyes below started to aim a blue flame on them.

Without question, the three boys run off into the other side of the tunnels.

Hiccup, on the other hand, chuckles a bit before he and Toothless decide to chase them down in the dark hollows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 8.1K 25
Hiccup is devastated, he has been chosen to kill the dragon. But he can't, that would be betraying Toothless, not that he would be able to do it anyw...
17.4K 389 15
How would the story go if Hiccup had been taken by Cloudjumper instead of Valka? What if Hiccup was raised by the dragons, in the ice sanctuary, for...
201K 3.7K 54
| Completed | Hiccstrid Following the great migration of the dragons going to the Hidden World, Chief Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III marries Astrid...
198K 5.5K 31
- ORIGINAL VERSION - Hiccup Haddock was a child born on the village of Berk, then to be taken by a NightFury in a dragon raid without a trace. But wh...