Sweet As Sugar

By MrsWidoww

♡Natasha Romanoff X FemReader♡ °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° •People would've think Y/N would want to become a model becaus... More

Part 1; A Destiny Unfolds
Part 2; New Hero, New Risks
Part 3; The Ultron Crisis
Part 4; Desiring Each Other
Part 5; A Journey to A New Realm
Part 6; The Confusion of Feelings
Part 7; The Journey Begins
Part 8; The Pain of Compassion
Part 9; A Heart Awakened
Part 10; The Drunk Confession
Part 11; A Museum for Two
Part 12; The Heartbreak of Friends
Part 13; The Last Farewell
Part 14; A New Face
Part 15; The Kiss of Fate
Part 16; Waking Up to Agony
Part 17; A Heart's Confession
Part 18; Wrapped Around Fingers
Part 19; Night of Drunken Insanity
Part 20; The Fight with Dummies
Part 21; Sister of a Widow
Part 22; Conspiracy Theory of Avengers
Part 23; Suit & Argue & Lust
Part 24; Her Soft Touch ⚠️
Part 25; The Tools of Victory
Part 26; The City of Love
Part 27; The Soldier's Final Stand
Part 29; The Rise from Coma
Part 30; The Reunited Friendship
Part 31; The Unsolved Case
Part 32; The Steamy Obsession⚠️
Part 33; Caught Red Handed
Part 34; The Possessive Nature
Part 35; Healing Power of The Beach
Part 36: The Passion of The Night⚠️
Part 37; A Tipsy Night
Part 38; Successful but Dreadful
Part 39; The Day of Our Dreams
Final Part; The Perfect Ending♡

Part 28; The Grief of Losing

689 11 0
By MrsWidoww

~Y/N's Pov~

I got woken up by a loud alarm through the entire tower. From the thuds and gun shots upstairs, Nat and I knew we were being under attack, so we quickly got dressed in our suits. I grabbed my sword that I kept in a secret container behind my bookshelf in my room. As we run upstairs, sounds of grunts and mumbles mix with the loud alarm. Nat and I tried to contact J.A.R.V.I.S, asking him to shut down the alarm, but his system was glitching, and he powered off, all the light bulbs exploding.

Another lightbulb explodes right above us. I flinch, ducking down and placing my sword above my head.

"What the hell is happening!?" I whisper shout. Nat helped me to stand up again, "Someone hacked into J.A.R.V.I.S to get into the tower." She drags my arm, "Come on, we have to go help the others"

Nat and I continued running until we got to the top floor. Before we could get on the upper deck, a scent of smoke filled our nostrils. Then, my eyes widened. The entire upper deck is surrounded by flames, fire all over the counters, and the kitchen. Avengers were lying on the floor, or either taking cover behind a non burning piece of shelter. Wanda was crouching behind a burned couch, quickly gesturing to Nat and I to take cover. Who did this, Wanda? Please read my mind! It was no use, Wanda didn't read my mind. She was distracted by gun shots coming from behind the large fire. Nat dragged me behind the corner, pressing our stomachs flat. I swear I saw the silhouette of Thor unconscious on the floor behind the fire in the corner.

Once I peek around the wall, I see a dark mist coming through the flames. A silhouette.

There he was, Bucky Barnes or mostly the Winter Soldier.

"Shit," Nat whispers.

The Winter Soldier made his way to Steve, who was lying on the ground. Panic flushed over me. Shit, Steve's unconscious. The Winter Soldier kneels down, swinging his gun around his body before kneeling down. He grabs Steve by the collar, dragging his unconscious body up. Nat tried dragging me back around the corner so that I won't get spot, but my body froze. I watched as The Winter Soldier constantly punched Steve right in the face, spit flying out with each impact against his cheek. Shit! What am I supposed to do!? Where is everyone!?

"Y/N, get back, now." Nat said strictly, taking my wrist and dragging me back.

"Steve will die if we don't do anything!" I whisper shout.

Her eyes softened once she looked at my glossy eyes, yet I tried my best to stay calm.

"I can't let anyone die, Nat," I whisper, my voice breaking.

She kept staring at me with that sympathetic soft eyes. Her hand releases grip around my wrist, and I took it as a chance to move. "Y/N-" Nat wanted to stop me before it was too late, I made myself known to the Winter Soldier.

Immediately, the Winter Soldier dropped Steve hard enough for him to gain his consciousness back. Steve gasped for air, and then arch his back. I slowly reached out for my sword as the Winter Soldier twisted his head towards me.

Then, a hand crashed down on my shoulder from behind. Startled, I turn my head at Nat as she gives him a death stare.

"Doubt me, and you risk everything," Natasha mumbles, "So, play along."

I gulped.

"Bucky, I know you're in there somewhere. We have beaten the Winter Soldier before... and we'll do it again, " Nat spoke.

Somewhat, her speech didn't help. In fact, it made him angry, and he whipped out his gun. Bullets went flying our way before Wanda stepped in front of us, using her magic to flick the bullets away. With each bullet, he stepped closer until the ammo ran out, and he hit Wanda out of the way before she could move. Wanda went flying across the room to the wall, sliding down it. I struck at him with my sword while Nat got a punch on him on his other side. Although, he blocked both our attacks and pushed us away. Even with a slight push, we still glided a few feet away from him. He's strong.

I grinned my teeth together, furrowing my eyebrows angrily. I took charge again. This time, I got a small slice on his shoulder before he grabbed me by my throat. I drop my sword, placing my hands over his as he lifts me up into the air. I gasped, wiggling my feet around. His hands tightens around my throat before Nat kicked him right in the stomach. I fell onto my feet, gasping as the Winter Soldier slid back on his feet from the impact. Yet, he was still standing. Nat's hands crashed on my back, pulling me straight up.

I breathe heavily and then bring my hands up to my face, folding it into tight fists. I glance at Nat as she nods at me, also bringing up her fists.

I nodded back before we struck.

-

So, it went on. My sword was useless against The Winter Soldier, just like we were. We had times where we almost slipped into unconsciousness, where we bled out almost from the scars he left. We were all tired, but not him. The Avengers scattered across the floor with blood over our suits and ripped patches where we can see our deep cuts on our skin. The tower, covered in smoke, the alarm still ringing and the lights still off. Fire everywhere, walls and glass broken, wood lying everywhere. It was difficult to see, not only from the smoke, but from the black eye The Winter Soldier gave me. As if my eye looks bad, everyone else looks terrible. Mostly, Steve. It's like he targets him. Even Thor and Wanda, The Winter Soldier got both of them down without a sweat. He's a menace.

Even the agents came to help but failed miserably. They did a suicide mission, practically.

I never knew why everyone was so scared of The Winter Soldier. Now, I know why.

My arms gave in as I tried to stand up, but like everyone else, I couldn't. He was now standing at Steve, again targeting him.

"You won't kill me," Steve spat out. The Winter Soldier paused his punches, "Because... because... you didn't do it the first time. Why would you do it now?" Steve chocked.

The Winter Soldier looked pissed. With one more punch thrown at Steve, he was knocked out. Tony tried his best to shoot out of his suit, but it was completely destroyed. I faded in and out of unconsciousness, my eyes getting heavy. I tried my best to stay awake only to hear the sounds of my teammates groaning in pain.

The Winter Soldier then went in the center of the fire, crouching down. I didn't see what he was doing because his back was facing me, but then, he stood up. My eyes widen.

"Bucky... don't do this. " Sam choked quietly.

A bomb. No, it's not going to end like this! I was made an Avenger for this purpose, to fight!

I screamed silently as I pushed myself up against the wall. I put all my body weight against the wall, trusting it to keep me up. With a threatening glare by the Winter Soldier, he walked to the window, attaching a rope to him before jumping out, doing a swan dive. The bomb was counting down with a peeping noise. In one (1) minute, this place was going to explode and everyone in it. I pushed myself off the wall, wanting to run towards the bomb to throw it out into the sky. Yet, I fell onto my knees with a loud groan.

"It's no use, kid. We lost." Clint mumbled.

I groaned, "No, we're the Avengers! How the fuck did we lose to one single fucking Soldier!?"

Tony used the last power in his suit to form a dome over the bomb. "We're done. Y/N" He whispered. Is a dome really going to suffocate the impact when the bomb explodes?

My brain felt numb along with my body, I couldn't think. "This is absurd!" I shout. I look over to Nat, but my angry furrowed eyebrows lower itself. She was lying on the floor on her side, her back facing me.

"Tasha?" I question, "Natasha!"

"Answer me!" I shout.

I didn't know what to think anymore. I was worrying about Natasha while Steve got back his consciousness. He crawled to the bomb as I finally broke, tears running down my cheeks. She's not dead! She can't be! I stared at Steve, trying to get my mind off Nat, because I convinced myself that she's just unconsciousness. Not dead. Steve ripped Tony's suit's dome off the bomb. He froze and stared at the ticking timer.

His eyes said everything...

The last thing I saw was darkness.

Word count: 1460

A/N: No freaking wayyyy, our exams starts in 2 weeks😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 9.2K 64
Y/n was kidnapped by Hydra and exposed to the mind stone, receiving powers nobody quite understood the extent of. After a year and a half under Hydr...
31.5K 921 33
Just stories of our beloved Wanda and Natasha I don't own any of these characters but this is my original work.
251K 8.3K 49
You're Tony's sister and he has agreed to let you move into HQ. 6 months ago your girlfriend died so Tony has been looking out for you since. Your po...
33.7K 1K 41
Natasha Romanoff: killer of men, lover of women. But what happens when she's hired to kill a woman? Will she finally meet her match? Or will the desi...