a sheep in wolf's clothing...

由 urlostchapstick

"remus, i think you are self righteous and full of yourself, but i would never call you a monster" in which A... 更多

the story of us
sad beautiful tragic
... ready for it?
this is why we cant have nice things
its nice to have a friend
mean
the outside
mr perfectly fine
better than revenge
bad blood
sparks fly
i knew you were trouble
run
mirrorball
look what you made me do
peace
dress
soon you'll get better
christmas must be something more
silent night
the other side of the door
you're on your own kid
you need to calm down
we were happy
would've, could've, should've
anti-hero
i'm only me when i'm with you
stay stay stay
youre not sorry
picture to burn
the very first night
vigilante shit
change
bejeweled
haunted
this love
white horse
the moment i knew
epiphany
breathe
jump then fall
willow
ronan
christmases when you were mine
beautiful ghosts
new romantics
new year's day
how you get the girl
lavender haze
london boy
should've said no
you are in love
nothing new
all you had to do was stay
ivy
come back... be here
santa baby
forever and always
better man
marjorie
white christmas
dorothea
paris
out of the woods
never grow up
the best day
no body no crime
exile
everything has changed
coney island
getaway car
the joker and the queen
question...?
superman
hoax
innocent
christmas tree farm
dear john
seven
all too well
midnight rain
the man
august
cowboy like me
shake it off
evermore
mary's song
begin again
this is me trying
the one
girl at home
forever winter
i almost do
invisible string
call it what you want
back to december
tolerate it
speak now
the last great american dynasty
paper rings
right where you left me
only the young
closure
the way i loved you
the great war
safe and sound
love story
lover
dear reader

cruel summer

1.2K 44 121
由 urlostchapstick

"Harry the longer I stay at the Godforsaken place, the angrier I get." Adeline said as she cooked in the kitchen of 4 Privet Drive. It wasn't safe for Harry to go between their two houses, so Adeline sold hers and forced Petunia and Vernon to let her stay with them. She regretted that very quickly.

"It's been two days Addy. You get used to it after a while." Harry replied as he helped her cook.

"Oh I'm fine. I'm angry at the fact that you had to live in this Hell hole for fifteen- nearly sixteen years."

"Yeah I get angry about it as well. Nothing I can do though."

"Time Turner." Adeline suggested.

"We destroyed all the Time Turners." Harry answered seriously.

"That was a joke Harry." Adeline responded confused, "Are you alright love?"

Harry took a deep breath before speaking, "I broke up with Ginny."

"You did?"

"Yes. I couldn't stand to put her at risk."

"She's at risk whether you're dating or not. She's seen as a blood traitor."

"Well there's also the fact I- I'm not going back to Hogwarts this year."

He hadn't told her before, yet Adeline already knew. "Going to search for the Horcruxes?"

"Yes I need to-... How do you know about that?"

"Dumbledore told me a while ago."

"That's why you weren't confused about the locket."

"Ding ding ding."

"Well Hermione, Ron, and I need to find them. Besides going back to school just feels.... insignificant now."

"Without Dumbledore you mean?"

"Yeah. If he isn't there I don't see the point. Learn a few more spells? It's dumb."

"I mean I'd like you to finish school eventually, but I'll admit that saving the world is more important."

"You aren't going to try to stop me?" Harry asked surprised.

"You're going to be seventeen, I won't have a say over you anymore. However, you will not be leaving until then."

"I don't plan on it. I can't even use magic yet."

"Good because I'd hunt you down real quick."

The two continued to cook in silence until Harry spoke up, "So what's the deal with you and Remus? You didn't seem to be fighting anymore at the funeral. Unless it's just an enemy of my enemy sort of thing."

"We made up before the Battle. I was actually intending to tell you about it but you and Dumbledore had already left."

"Well tell me now. Are you back together?"

"Not quite, it's- it's complicated."

"How so?"

"Well we admitted we loved each other- actually I just admitted I loved him, we already knew about his feelings. But I still am not ready to go all in. Especially with the baby and everything."

"YOU'RE PREGNANT???"

"HELL NO! Shit. I thought you'd know. Don't tell them I'm the one who told you, but Tonks is pregnant with Remus' baby."

"Remus is going to be a dad?? And doesn't Tonks like girls??"

"Yes and yes. So now isn't the best time for us to really be jumping into anything official. I'm hanging out with you- he's with Tonks, it would be too annoying to actually date. Long distance didn't go too well for us before."

"I guess that makes sense. At least he knows you love him now since you were sort of a bitch before."

"Watch your mouth."

"Why can you swear and I can't?!"

"Because I said so! But you're right, I'm glad him and I are on the same page. Only took stopping a wedding to get here."

"What wedding?" Harry asked frustrated at how little he knew.

"Ah shit you didn't know about that either. Okay full story from the beginning." Adeline spent the rest of their cooking and half of their eating time reciting everything that happened between her and Remus, starting at Hog's Head and ending at the beach. "And now here we are. Any questions?"

"Uh yes. First, why didn't you stop the wedding at Hog's Head? You knew they didn't love each other. You said you didn't want to ruin his happiness, but he wouldn't be happy with her anyways."

"Well Harry, part of that was just me being a pussy. The other part I think was my parents influence."

"Your real parents?"

"Yep the real ones. I told you they were hella religious. They were very much 'no sex before marriage' 'child out of wedlock is a horrible' 'knock her up then put a ring on it' kind of people. So when it came to Remus and Tonks I still kind of had that mentality subconsciously."

"That's stupid."

Adeline laughed at his bluntness, "I agree. If I could redo it I would. It would've saved them a lot of money on a wedding."

"Okay but also it's dumb that Remus made you decide. Like your decision was dumb but that fact it was your decision is also dumb."

"Okay wow Harry just roast us why don't you. I'll remind you that you just broke up with your girlfriend to 'protect her' so you can't really talk. But you'll have to ask him about that; I can't read his mind. From what he told me it sounded like that if he couldn't have me then the marriage was his next best bet."

"That's gotta make your ego soar."

"It really really does. Like yes boy, get on your knees and beg."

"Kinky."

Adeline choked on her dinner as her face went red, "Harry James Potter what the fuck?"

Harry's face quickly matched hers, "I'm sorry it just came out."

"Keep that talk between you and Ron. I don't need to hear."

"Please like Sirius never said anything like that."

"Yeah but I've never changed Sirius' diapers!"

"You've changed my diapers?"

"I'm your fucking godmother Harry I babysat you all the time."

"Oh right. I forget that you knew me before I knew you."

"Harry that is one of the stupidest things you've ever said."

"Oh shut it."

"We met at the same time! Just because you were conscious yet doesn't mean you weren't there!"

"Shut up."

"Shut up." Adeline repeated in a mocking voice.

"You are supposed to be the adult."

"Your're sixteen and 11 months Harry. You're adult enough."

"Whatever."

"Don't whatever me."

"What. Ever."

"Grounded."

"You can't ground me."

"Yes I can."

"Only the Dursley's can do that."

"Okay then I'll get Petunia."

"You wouldn't dare."

a beat.

"You're right I wouldn't. That would require me to talk to her."

"What smells so good?" Dudley entered the room and looked embarrassed when he saw who sat at the table, "Oh it's you two."

Since Adeline came with Harry, the Dursley's made it a point to avoid them. "We'll have leftovers dear. Feel free to grab a serving."

Dudley and Harry both looked at her in shock.

"It isn't poisoned. Just some eye of newt." Adeline said then noticed Dudley's shocked face turned to horror, "I'm kidding! Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. It's perfectly normal human food. You don't have to sit with us if you aren't comfortable, but eat up."

Dudley hesitantly began serving himself a plate. When he filled it up, he mumbled a thanks and left to go eat in front of the television.

"Why are you being nice to him? You hate the Dursley's." Harry asked bitterly.

"I hate Petunia and Vernon. He is a child." Adeline explained.

"He's a spoiled brat."

"Because of his parents." Adeline pointed out, "It isn't too late for him to change. Everything so far is Petunia and Vernon's fault. He didn't know any better. Showing him how a true parent and a good kid act might help turn him around."

"Well I will not be all nice to him."

"Yes you will."

"Says who? Don't answer that."

"Says me." Adeline replied anyways.

"I said not to answer it."

"Harry, just be cordial. That's all. I'll handle the rest. He's the only blood family you have."

"Screw blood. You're my real family. And the Weasley's and Hermione."

"And you're mine Harry. But I still plan on going back home one day. Re-meeting my family and introducing myself to my brother."

"You have a brother?"

"Yes. McGonagall told me my parents adopted after they kicked me out. Really just went and replaced me. He'll be seventeen next year, but I wrote a letter that is to be sent if I don't- don't make it."

"Don't talk like that."

"I have to be prepared love. I even wrote a will. Guess who gets everything?"

"Is it me?"

"Nope."

"Oh. Who then?" Harry asked uncomfortably.

"Harry I'm kidding of course it's you."

"Oh thank Merlin. That was so awkward."

"Sorry love, I didn't mean to scare you. The other kids are going to be left some things too, but here's hoping you all never find out what you get. Well actually I plan to die before you so hopefully you do find out but in like fifty years."

"Dumbledore lived to be over one hundred- you better live longer than 80."

"I was in possession of the Philosopher's Stone for a few years. That could have lengthened my natural lifespan."

"It better have."

"I still could get murdered though."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Harold! Stop that!"

*************

Harry and Adeline did their best to enjoy the Summer, but it was hard with the War tensions all around them. Adeline had been calling Mary nearly everyday (she was ecstatic to be caught up with all the Remus and Adeline drama) and writing to Remus weekly.

Harry did the same with Ron and Hermione but the pair both wished they could see their friends in person.

And soon their wish came true, when Harry's seventeenth birthday was a week away.

Adeline received a letter earlier in the month telling her to brew a bunch of Polyjuice Potion using Harry's hair, to the annoyance of the Dursley's she complied with the request.

Then came the Order members arrival.

"Harry!" Ron and Hermione said running up to hug him as the others trickled in.

"Hey." Remus said walking over to stand next to Adeline.

"Hey. You look concerned." Adeline said worried.

"Because I am."

"Oh joy."

"You'll find out why in a moment."

"Wonderful."

"Alright, Wilson, do you have the Polyjuice." Moody asked her.

"Yep." Adeline pulled out a potion rack full of them. "Six right?"

"Yep six." Moody nodded, "Harry, Wilson, the plan is simple: we will have seven Potters with seven protectors. We have unidentifiable means of travel with us, thestrals, brooms, the motorbike, and Wilson's car."

"My car?" Adeline questioned.

"Yes you will be the only one without a decoy Potter because you can't see inside a car anyway."

"Moody you realize there will be traffic? I can't just drive my car through it?"

"You are a wizard Adeline. Figure it out. Now Harry you will be with Hagrid in his motorbike, that's what they'd expect the least."

"Rude." Adeline whispered to Remus who silently agreed.

"Lupin will protect George. Kingsley will protect Hermione. Tonks for Ron, Arthur for Fred, Bill for Fleur, and Fletcher will be with me."

"Why are Fletcher and us the only ones who get last names?" Adeline asked Remus.

"Well there's a hundred Weasleys which impacts that."

"Fair."

"Any questions? No? Good." Moody went off to argue with Mundungus Fletcher as the rest dispersed to figure out their plans.

Adeline went to Arthur to ask a little question, "Arthur, how did you enchant your car to fly? Harry told me that you once had a flying car?"

Arthur's eyes lit up at the mention of his old car, "A very complicated combination of the Levitation Charm, Ascension Spell, and a bit of the Reverse Spell."

"So you can't just whip up and make my car
fly?"

"No it would take many days."

"Wonderful." Adeline said through a tight smile, "Just peachy."

Adeline walked back over to the side. She was definitely going to get a speeding ticket. Or just completely ignored by Death Eaters.

Or killed.

Because a car has fucking gas in it so one fire spell and boom. Fucking purebloods don't know shit. Adeline was just going to have to hope for the Bloody best. She had forced Winky to stay with Kreacher for her safety, but now she was regretting that.

"It's time. Drink up your potions." Moody commanded of the six decoys.

They all quickly drank them and transformed into Harry.

"That is terrifying." Adeline said as the seven Potters stood next to each other.

"Extremely." Remus agreed.

"I'm glad you aren't one of them."

"You realize I'm in more danger not being one?"

"Yes. But I also think it would be just a tad awkward if the guy I'm into suddenly looks like my kid."

"Yeah that's definitely weird." Remus quickly agreed.

"Definitely."

Moody began beckoning them all outside and everyone took their positions. When Adeline realized it was Sirius' motorbike she nearly began to cry, but she held back and got into her own car.

Her '82 Ford Cortina Cruiser was going to be put through the ringer. Thank Merlin she begged Dudley to fill up the gas tank when he last borrowed it from her.

Adeline's Portkey location was at Hog's Head, thankfully she knew that drive by heart. But she knew a broom could go just as fast as a car.

"Everyone ready?" Moody yelled out, "Let's fly!"

I don't get to fly. Adeline though to herself as she took off down the road. Not being able to see above or behind her quickly made her realize how terrible of an idea this was. "Fuck Purebloods. For real. Winky!" Adeline called out as Winky immediately was transported to her passenger seat.

"Addy?" Winky asked confused, "Addy never calls for Winky."

"I was desperate Winky, I'm sorry to take away your autonomy, but I need you to keep an eye on the back window to see if anyone is following us."

"Winky will do that Addy. Does Addy desire more help?"

"I don't want to risk hurting anyone els-,"

Winky snapped her fingers and Kreacher appeared in the backseat. "Kreacher you keep an eye out the back window and I will look up at the sky." Winky demanded.

Kreacher grunted in response as he turned to look out. "Man on a broom."

"Fuck." Adeline but Winky magically shook his broom until he fell off. "Damn okay. Nice work."

"They're all fighting in the sky." Winky pointed out.

"Cars can't fly." Adeline explained, "Fuck we're gonna have to run this red light."

"Here." Kreacher grumbled as he levitated the car into the sky right over the traffic light.

"Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. Okay. Hopefully no muggles saw that." Adeline said as her hands gripped the wheel as tight as possible. "Am I steering or you?"

"Kreacher is steering." Kreacher responded.

"Okay well Kreacher, get us to Hog's Head in Hogsmeade."

"Yes Master Wilson."

"Just Adeline Kreacher." Adeline said as she pulled her own body to hang out the window and began throwing hexes at Death Eaters.

The seven Potters slowly began to separate as they headed to their individual Portkey spots. Adeline saw Voldemort in the flesh floating through the air- no broom needed.

"Oh fuck is that really what he looks like? Man's missing a goddamn nose." Adeline said to no one in particular. Voldemort was luckily chasing after Moody. Makes sense given he's the best fighter. Oh shit.

Adeline watched as in a mere moment Fletcher disapparated from the broom and Moody was hit by the Killing Curse. "CATCH HIS BODY." Adeline yelled at Kreacher who directed the car underneath his falling body. Adeline managed to reach out and grab his arm, but magical his eye popped out from the abrupt change in direction.

Adeline pulled his body into the car and pushed it into the backseat with Kreacher who grumbled in disgust.

Adeline looked back up to the sky and saw Voldemort now pursuing Kingsley and Hermione. She casted a few hexes towards Death Eaters, most of which missed, but she attempted nonetheless.

She spotted Snape flying alongside the Death Eaters. He turned and met her eye, he gave her a brief nod as if to say, 'I'm still on your side.'

Adeline wasn't sure why she believed him. She had every reason to think he was an actual Death Eater, and yet she didn't. Maybe it was just foolishness or a desire to see the best in everyone, but she genuinely thought, despite being a terrible person overall, Snape was on her side.

Adeline looked back up to see Snape hit George with a spell. Well that's piss poor timing Sev.

Adeline continued to throw out spells as Winky would help direct Order Members brooms to dodge attacks, and Kreacher began to separate them from the rest as they headed towards Hog's Head.

Unsurprisingly, no one followed them. Everyone with eyes could have seen there was no Harry in the car, so why would they bother with her?

When Kreacher finally landed them at Hog's Head, Adeline demanded that the two returned to Grimmauld Place and they both complied without argument.

"Abe?" Adeline called out while practically dragging Moody's body into the pub.

Aberforth lazily held up a wand, "What did I say when you first asked me for a shot?"

"You said 'Yeah you look close enough to fifteen.' Fifteen is not in fact the legal drinking age and I was 12 because I have a late birthday."

"I didn't ask for all that detail. You have five minutes until the Portkey leaves, what happened to Moody."

"Killing Curse. You Know Who himself."

"Anyone follow you?"

"Nah, I'm useless."

"You aren't useless."

"I had no one attacking me and yet I barely landed a spell to help them out."

"Here." Aberforth said reaching under the bar, "Take this."

Aberforth slid Adeline a handgun, "A gun? Why do you have a muggle gun?"

"Adeline we're in Hog's Head right now."

"Yeah I take back my question- no longer surprised."

"And it's enchanted. Doesn't need reloaded and has infinite bullets."

"Okay, I suppose having a gun wouldn't hurt. They're way easier to aim than a wand."

"When have you ever shot a gun?"

"Religious people are surprisingly chill with guns. My parents used to take me to a gun range when I was younger."

"Muggles are strange." Aberforth replied confused.

"Okay Wizarding children are given a wand and told to go wild. There's a literal torture spell! I prefer the gun!"

"You got me there."

"Exactly. Now where's the Portkey?"

"Over there." Aberforth pointed at a dirty dish rag.

"You're joking."

"Absolutely serious." Aberforth replied with a mean smile.

"Sirius is dead." Adeline replied as she walked over to the dish rag with the gun and Moody's jacket in her hand. "Catch you later Abe."

"You're always welcome here Adeline."

"I knew you had a soft spot for me." She said with a wink as she touched the Dish rag and was instantly transported to the Burrow. She was the first to arrive, but soon the others did as well. She covered Moody's body up with a sheet to be buried later.

Then Molly and her got to work on treating everyone's injuries. Adeline felt a big weight lifted off her shoulders as she saw Harry, Hermione, Ron, Tonks, and Remus all get back. But along with Remus came a bloodied George.

"Shit what happened?" Adeline asked as Remus laid him down. Molly began to fuss over the blood coming ear.

"Sectumsempra."

"I think I saw that happened." Adeline replied as she opened her ring and began closing the wound.

"Don't close it what about his ear!" Molly yelled

"By the time we retrieve his ear, he'd have already bled out." Adeline finished closing the wound and handed her a blood replenishing potion. "Have him drink this." Molly was appalled at her bluntness but accepted the potion anyways.

"I need to go back and find Moody's body." Remus told Adeline.

"I'll come with you." Bill said walking over.

"I will too." Adeline walked two feet towards a lump laying under a blanket. "Found it."

"You got his body?" Remus asked in shock.

"Kreacher moved the car to catch it."

"Kreacher?"

"Yeah didn't you notice that my car was literally flying."

"No I did not," Remus replied then turned to Bill, "Did you see it?"

"Nope too busy with my own shit." Bill responded.

"Well yeah. Winky and Kreacher helped me out." Adeline said with a shrug.

"Well thank Merlin for them." Remus said pulling her into a hug, "I'd much rather you be alive than dead."

"Yeah me too." Adeline answered with a laugh.

"Addy?" Harry said walking over.

"Yes my fawn?" Adeline asked noticing he'd been crying.

"Hedwig- Hedwig." Harry's voice cracked as tears ran down his cheeks.

"Fuck." Adeline whispered as she wrapped her arms around him, "It'll be okay. It'll all be okay."

//an

first: speak now is the most commented chapter by almost double the previous most commented which is so sick

second: this is the 100th part (even tho the first part is technically an extended summary but still) that's so fucking cool- thank you all for sticking around

third: loyallovegood mentioned that speak now was their second fav chapter and now i'm curious what everyone else's fav chapters are? mine is probs 'this is me trying' or 'dorothea' but those are super depressing so fav happy chapter is 'new romantics'

i planned out all of deathly hallows 😶 then all there is is an epilogue then sequel

title description: this kind of marks the end of the last summer (even tho the next chapter will also technically be summer it isn't at the dursley's)

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

77.6K 1.4K 61
Riley Madden is a student at Ilvermorny school of magic in America when she, along with all of the Ilvermorny High Schoolers get the chance to come t...
3.8K 134 28
"𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅!" 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉�...
423K 11.8K 33
𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕞𝕖? 𝕎𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕚𝕗 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤? :))))) As he stares from afar he sees it on her...
418K 15.9K 53
Josephine Potter has much more in common with Regulus Black that she ever would've guessed, than she ever would've cared to admit. And the more she l...