Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 4: Rock and Roll
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 7: Waterlogged
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 21: A Living Legend
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 37: Viridian Secrets
Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 42: All Fired Up
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 2: A New Friend

506 15 9
By Kenon96

Now in Viridian City, Niko made his way to the Pokémon Center. He ran inside carrying his injured Eevee.

Niko: Help! Please! My Pokémon's injured! He asked frantically. We were on our way here when me and friend got attacked by a flock of Spearow!

Nurse Joy: Oh, dear!

Niko: You have to help!

Nurse Joy: I'll have it treated right away! Chansey, prepare a stretcher, stat!

Chansey: Chansey! (yes, mam)

The two enter the treatment room. Niko watched as they went in, but it didn't relieve his anxiety.

Niko: I guess I should go call Professor Oak. Niko found an empty phone booth in the Center and called the Professor.

Oak: Hello, Niko. The fact that you're calling means that you've arrived at Viridian City already?

Niko: Yeah. But Eevee got pretty hurt on the way here. I'm at the Pokémon Center now.

Oak: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better soon.

Niko: Yeah. Eevee and me have been friends for a long time. I just hate to see anything happen to it.

Oak: I understand. And I hope Eevee makes a full recovery. Oh! I almost forgot to ask. Did you register for the Pokémon League?

Niko: Uh, oh, I forgot.💧

Oak: Go see Nurse Joy when you're ready.

Niko: Right. Thanks, Professor. He said hanging up. Nurse Joy inserts Niko's Pokédex into a machine and enter his profile.

Nurse Joy: There you go. You're all registered for the Pokémon League.

Niko: Thank you, Nurse Joy. Um, do you know when Eevee will be all better?

Nurse Joy: You needn't worry. Your Eevee will make a full recovery. It just needs some rest. Please be patient.

Niko: Sure.

With nothing else to do, Niko decided to look around the city. While he was looking, he saw the Viridian City Gym. However, it was closed.

Niko: You know, I haven't had enough time to get to know Bulbasaur. Niko pulled out his Pokeball and Bulbasaur came out.

Bulbasaur: Saur. (Hello)

Niko: Hey, Bulbasaur, how's about you and me go and look for some Pokémon?

Bulbasaur: Bulba! (Sounds fun)

The two journey into the Viridian forest. They look around hoping to find at least one Pokémon.

Niko: I wonder, what kind of Pokémon we'll find out here.

RUSTLE RUSTLE RUSTLE

Niko: Huh? Niko and Bulbasaur looked to where the sound was coming from. He dug through the bushes and saw a familiar sight. Eevee!? The Pokemon turned around when it heard the trainers voice.

Eevee?: Ditto?

Niko: What the?! He was shocked. Is that really Eevee?

Eevee?: Ditto! (Yup. I'm Eevee!)

Niko: You sure? Niko said skeptical.

???: Ditto! Someone called out. Niko looked and saw a girl coming out.

Duplica: Ah! She gasped seeing the strange Eevee. There you are! She said happily holding her arms out.

Eevee: Ditto! (Duplica!) The strange Eevee ran over and jumped into her arms and suddenly changed.

Ditto: Ditto.

Niko: Woah! That's a Ditto! Niko was surprised to see one in person.

Duplica: Oh, Ditto, I was so worried. You should know better than that. She scolded. I'm sorry if my Ditto caused any trouble.

Niko: No problem. So, that Ditto belongs to you?

Duplica: Sure does. My names Duplica and you've already met Ditto.

Ditto: Ditto. (Hello)

Niko: My name is Niko. And this here's Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur: Bulb! (Hi)

Duplica: Oh, wow! A Bulbasaur, now that's rare. You must be a new Trainer.

Niko: Yeah. Are you a trainer too?

Duplica: You bet. Me and Ditto have been traveling for a while and we've been performing.

Niko: Performing?

Duplica: Yup. Hey! Wanna see our show?

Niko: Sure! Sounds like fun! And just like that, Niko and Bulbasaur had front row seats to Duplica's show.

Duplica: Okay, Ditto! Transform into Bulbasaur! She said.

Ditto: Ditto. (Sure.) And so it did, transforming into the Grass type.

Bulbasaur: Bulba! (Woah!) Bulbasaur was surprised. It approached the duplicate and laughed at its face. Bulbasaur!! (Ha ha ha ha!)

Niko: Bulbasaur, don't laugh. He reprimanded. Sorry about that.

Duplica: It's okay. I guess you can say Ditto here has what you could call a poker face. Do you have any other Pokémon? She asked. Hearing that made Niko upset as he looked down at the ground.

Niko: Actually, believe it or not, I do have an Eevee. And honestly, I thought your Ditto was mine. It's at the Pokémon Center getting treated. The two of us got attacked by some wild Spearow's and it got pretty beat up.

Duplica: Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up. She said realizing the mistake she made.

Niko: It's okay. So, Duplica, are you training to enter the Pokémon League too? He asked trying to change the subject.

Duplica: Oh no. She waved. I'm not really interested in battling Gyms or anything like that. I wanna become a Ditto Master.

Niko: A Ditto Master? That sounds so cool! It's pretty great that your Ditto can transform. But...

Duplica: But what?

Niko: How good is it in battle? He asked with a grin. Let's have a battle!

Duplica: Sounds good to me! What about you, Ditto?

Bulbasaur?: Ditto! (I'm ready!)

The two trainers got into position, a good distance away from each other.

Niko: But first, better check what Dexter has to say. He said pulling out his Pokédex.

Pokédex: Ditto, the Transformation Pokémon. When it spots an enemy, its body transforms into an almost perfect copy of its opponent.

Niko: A perfect copy? I wonder. Does that mean it knows Bulbasaur's moves too?

Duplica: You ready?

Niko: Sure am!

Duplica: Okay then! Ditto use Razor Leaf! Ditto fired it's leaves.

Bulbasaur?: Ditto!

Niko: Bulbasaur, you use Razor Leaf too! Bulbasaur fired back with the same attack.

Bulbasaur: Bulba! However, Ditto's attack cuts through Bulbasaur's.

Niko & Bulbasaur: !!? Bulbasaur was struck by the leaves.

Niko: Quick, Bulbasaur! Dodge it then use Tackle! His Pokémon manages to evade the attack and charges at Ditto.

Duplica: Ditto use Vine Whip! Ditto wrapped it's vines around Bulbasaur's legs causing it to stumble and fall.

Niko: Oh no!

Duplica: Now, use Tackle! Ditto charges and hits Bulbasaur, knocking it back.

Niko: No way! Niko was surprised.

Duplica: See that? Not only can Ditto copy a Pokémon's appearance, it can copy their attacks too. But that's not all, I've trained Ditto to use these attacks when it transforms.

Niko: So that's how. Your Ditto is pretty powerful. I think we'll call it quits for today. I think Bulbasaur needs a break. Right, Bulbasaur?

Bulbasaur: Bulba. Bulbasaur. (Yeah. I could use a nap.)

The two make it back to the Pokémon Center and ask Nurse Joy for help with their Pokémon. Now Niko and Duplica sit in the lobby. As they were waiting, a wild Pidgey flew by and landed next to Niko.

Niko: Huh? Niko sees the Pidgey. Come here. Niko said as the Pidgey turned it's head confused before flying into his hand. Niko patted the Pidgey on it's head.

Duplica: Wow, you sure like Pokémon, huh? Duplica noticed.

Niko: Honestly, I never paid that much attention to them when I was a kid. Then suddenly they started to like me. And then I guess I started liking them back.

Duplica: I've always loved Pokémon. I've known Ditto forever.

Niko: Really? Niko looked surprised.

Duplica: Mm-hm.

Niko: Hmm. You know, I wanna enter the Pokémon League because I made a promise.

Marie: Huh? A promise?

Niko: I wanted to be a great trainer because a friend of mine taught me a lot about Pokémon. He's not smart, but he has this way with Pokémon kinda like me.

Duplica: Sounds like a great friend. The two of them sat there for what felt like hours. Duplica would peek at Niko a few times.

Nurse Joy: All done! Your Pokémon are all rested and healthy. Nurse Joy announced.

Eevee: Eevee! (I feel all better!)

Bulbasaur: Bulba! (Me too!)

Ditto: Ditto! (Me three!)

Niko: Good to see you guys are all better now. The two of them grabbed their Pokémon and were now standing outside the Pokémon Center. Well, Duplica, where are you heading to next? Niko asked.

Duplica: Well, I've given it some thought. And if you don't mind, I'd like to travel with you.

Niko: Really?

Duplica: Yeah. I may not want to be a trainer like you, but I'd like it if we can travel together. What do you say, Ditto?

Ditto: Ditto ditto! (I'll go where you go, Duplica!)

Eevee: Eevee vee! (I'm all for it) Eevee agreed as well.

Duplica: I think they like that idea. Duplica giggled.

Niko: All right! Then next stop is, Pewter City. My first gym. I can't wait. Niko said excited as he ran off toward Pewter City, eager to earn his first gym badge.

Duplica: Hey! Wait for me! She shouted chasing after Niko.

And so with a new friend in tow, Niko races off to face his first Gym Battle and take his first steps to the Pokémon League

As the journey continues.

To Be Continued

You guys up for the Pokérap?
There's 150 Pokémon. You gotta name 'em all!
I'm doing 32 today, so try to keep up.

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all,
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon!

Zubat, Primeape, Meowth, Onix
Geodude, Rapidash, Magneton, Snorlax
Gengar, Tangela, Goldeen, Spearow
Weezing, Seel, Gyarados, Slowbro

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeah!
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all!

Kabuto, Persian, Paras, Horsea
Raticate, Magnemite, Kadabra, Weepinbell
Ditto, Cloyster, Caterpie, Sandshrew
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Golem, Pikachu

At least 150 or more to see.
To be a Pokémon Master is my destiny.

All right, how'd you do?
Loosen those lips, shake out that tongue!
Give it a rest, today's song is sung.
We'll be back next week!

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all,
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon!

And so, Duplica joins Niko. I choose her because I think she's kinda underrated. Plus, I can think of a few good ideas for futures chapters with her Ditto teams. Next week, Niko catches his first wild Pokémon. Look forward to it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 441 50
There have been multiple new and promising trainers from Pallet Town. These trainers Auro, Ash, Leaf and Gary will set out to conquer the pokémon wor...
23.7K 1.1K 42
Its a story about a boy Ash ketchum, who became the best of all in every field from the start he will be the very best. Its an ash x harem story. pok...
2.5K 104 17
This is a continuation of my first Pokemon story. This story will follow the adventures of a new trainer. Join him on his way to the Johto League. (...
43K 512 91
This is the start of a young girl named Mew who begins her Pokemon Journey. A young girl raised and can understand Pokemon begins her journey to beco...