Unsung Hero

Baxterbro tarafından

Follow Spartan S-142 or Ash, an Experimental Spartan II, as his story starts on Reach. Being transferred to a... Daha Fazla

Noble Actual
Winter Contingency
ONI: Sword Base
Nightfall
Tip of the Spear
Long Night of Solace
Exodus
New Alexandria
The Packages
The Pillar of Autumn & Lone Wolf
Halo CE: The Pillar of Autumn
Halo
The Truth and Reconcilliation
The Silent Cartographer
343 Guilty Spark
The Library
Two Betrayals
Keyes
The Maw
Halo 2: The Heretic/The Armory
Cairo Station
Outskirts
Metropolis
The Arbiter
The Oracle
Delta Halo
Regret
Sacred Icon
Quarantine Zone
Gravemind
Uprising
High Charity
The Great Journey
The Packages
The Babysitter
Starry Night
Believe
Landfall
Halo 3: Arrival
Sierra 142

Assault on the Control Room

264 13 10
Baxterbro tarafından

(Really just needed to get this chapter out, so it's kinda bad.)

I Would Have Been Your Daddy...

In the interior of a large Forerunner dome, a single Unggoy Minor paces on an open platform. There are other Unggoy sleeping nearby. The pacing grunt stops as he hears jets, he sniffs the air, and yelps as a Pelican rises up from the chasm in front of him. He screams and runs towards the door.

The other Grunts wake up and run away.

"This is far as I can go!" Rawley informs.

"Roger that." Cortana replies. "We can find our way to the Control Center from here."

"Good luck. Foehammer out."

The Pelican hovers at the edge of the platform, and the two Spartans get out. They proceed into a series of circular rooms and begin clearing them of Covenant.

"The Covenant presence here is stronger than we anticipated." Xi states. "They seem to have the entire region secured."

Six and Chief emerge onto a bridge, where they discover that it is snowing. Ash spots a Banshee flying around the area.

"Interesting..." Cortana mutters. "The weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather."

A Pelican dropship flies over the bridge. The Covenant forces on the bridge, including the Banshee, open fire at it.

A Sergeant from Fireteam Zulu speaks over coms. "This is Fire Team Zulu requesting immediate assistance from any UNSC forces. Does anyone copy? Over."

"I didn't think there were any human forces left on this part of the ring." Xi states. "Oh, this makes me happy."

Cortana then speaks to Fireteam Zulu. "Cortana to Fire Team Zulu, I read you. Fire Team Zulu, this is Cortana. Hold position. We're on our way."

"Roger that." Fireteam Zulu's Sergeant replies. "Make it quick."

The Pelican descends to the area below the bridge as the two Spartans run across. 

As they near the end of the bridge a Elite Zealot runs out of the door at the opposite side of the bridge and readies an energy sword, it's supported by a lance of Unggoy.

Ash swiftly takes out his energy sword and holds it up as he blocks an attack from the Zealot. The Zealot roars at Ash, but he kicks it in the chest and it stumbles back. 

Ash then swiftly pulls out his pistol and fires a few rounds into the Elite, breaking its shield. The Elite then runs forward and brings its sword down onto Ash, but he rolls forward and stabs his energy sword into the Elite's stomach, before pushing the body off the side of the bridge.

"Oooh, that was cool!" Xi cheers.

Ash deactivates his energy sword and sets it back on his hip. Chief finishes off the last Grunt and the two enter another structure and descend to the ground level, where they return to the canyon.

A large number of Covenant have three Marines with an overturned Warthog cornered. More dead Marines lie nearby.

"Master Chief, Six, Sirs!" A Marine yells.

Chief and Ash get behind the Warthog and help the marines eliminate all threats in the area.

"That's all of them." A marine sighs in relief. "The area's secure."

"We got another group of Marines in need of assistance." Xi informs and a way point is marked on Ash's hud.

"On it." Ash says.

Chief and Ash move their way through the canyon and finds another group of Marines fighting near a Scorpion tank. Ash throws several grenades, blowing up an approaching Ghost and a group of Grunts.

After several minutes of fighting all threat are eliminated.

"That's the last of 'em - area secured!" Sergeant Johnson shouts. "Stand down, team! They did their damnedest, that's for sure. This is all that's left of my platoon! The Covenant are down here in force... and they brought plenty of toys! I wouldn't have given us a snowball's chance until you showed up, Chief. Six."

Ash looks at the team in awe. "I could destroy this entire ring with this." He then hops in the tank and giggles like a kid. "This is gonna be lots of fun!"

"Remember the mission, Six." Xi calls out.

"I know, I know." Ash then mumbles "At least let me have some fun."

Ash, The Chief and the Marines advance and are swiftly fires upon by more Covenant approaching.

"Aw, crap!" A Marine yells. "Let's get the hell outta here, man! Somebody call the dropship!"

"You two that garbage right now, mister." Johnson yells. "You're a marine, so act like it, dammit! We've got a job to do here."

Cortana then speaks over coms. "Negative, team. No evac available at this time. But the Chief, Six, Xi and I could use some assistance."

"Okay, Marines. Time to pay back the Chief and Six for pulling your sorry tails out of the fire. prepare to move out!"

Ash and The Chief reach a second large open area, where one Wraith hovers on the ice and another lurks on top of the cliff at the far end of the canyon. More Ghosts, Shades and Covenant infantry are also present.

"Bloody hell! Enemy forces have armor support... It's time to earn our pay." A Marine says.

"The Covenant placed their tanks to defend the entrance to the tunnel." Xi informs.

The Shades fire onto the group as they enter, and plasma mortar fire comes down onto them.

"Six, the shades." Chief calls out.

"On it!" Ash shouts and his tank turret moves and locks onto a shade. He fires, blowing up the shade. "Hate those things."

"Incoming Mortar fire!" Xi informs.

Ash moves away as everyone scatters for cover. He then turns his turret and aims at the driver seat of the first Wraith and fires, killing the driver and blowing up the Wraith.

"Good work, Ash." Xi cheers.

"Looks like that armor wasn't so tough after all!" A Marine shouts. "Let's mop up the rest of 'em!"

Ash aims his turret up at the second Wraith at the far end of the canyon. He hums and aims the turret up higher and slightly to the side. Then he fires and several seconds later he sees a blue explosion at the other end of the canyon. 

"Yes!" Ash whispers. "I'm so freaking awesome!"

The group enters the tunnel, with Asher running over a pair of Hunters, and they come across a large cavern. More Covenant wait inside, including another Hunter pair.

"Aw man, more Covenant!" A Marine complains.

Chief deals with the hunters as Ash fires onto the approaching Covenant. 

They then cross the cavern and exit into another tunnel, which soon turns into a rocky slope heading upwards.

Rolling Thunder

The two Spartans and the group of Marines clear the area of Covenant.

"You monkeys almost look like golden boys!" Johnson yells.

"Damn straight!" A Marine responds.

The group comes across two more Mgalekgolo chasing after a squad of Marines, where the path switches back and goes down to a frozen river leading to the cave to the last area of the second chasm.

"I thought the Covenant had eliminated all the Marine forces in this area." Cortana mutters.

Ash blows up the two hunters with his tank and blows up a Covenant Spirit that appears behind some cliffs.

"Good work, Spartan!" Johnson shouts.

The group continues moving on and they near some switchbacks leading up to the final area of the second chasm.

"Master Chief, Noble Six." A Marine calls out. "The Covenant have stationary guns dug up in those rocks!"

Ash looks up and sees a narrow path leading up. "Man, I have to leave the tank behind." He gets out.

"Marines, hold your positions." Cortana orders over coms. "We'll hand those guns."

"Roger that." A Marine says. "Marines, stay here and cover the Spartans."

The two Spartans head the cliff. Ash hits some ice that was forming on his metal arm. 

"This cold sin't good for my arm." Ash mutters.

"We'll just have to hurry up then." Xi says.

The two Spartans reach the top of the cliff, and eliminate everything.

Xi then speaks over coms. "Xi to Fire Team Zulu.  I've sent a distress signal tagged with your current position. Hold your position and await evac. Six, The Master Chief, Cortana and I are going to continue on ahead."

"That's affirmative!" A Marine says over the radio. "Fire Team Zulu out!"

The two Spartans battle their way through more interior area and across two more bridges. In the last room, they kill a pair of Hunters and a large group of Jackals and Grunts.

"Resistance appears to be increasing." Cortana points out. "We must be close to the Control Center."

If I had a Super Weapon...

The two Spartans reach a door to the third chasm. Covenant infantry patrols the rock bridge they're on, and a massive structure can be seen on their left.

"Analyzing." Cortana goes silent for a couple seconds. "This must be the control room. Subtle. The entrance to the Control Room is at the top of that pyramid structure. Bring me up there and I should be able to get us inside."

Ash sighs as he looks up. "It's so big though." He readies his weapon as he follows the Cheif.

The two fight through the bridge and another indoor are before reaching the valley's bottom.

"The entrance to the control room is at the top of the pyramid." Xi informs. "Let's get up there. We should commandeer a couple of those Ghosts, we're going to need the firepower."

The Spartans hop on a couple Ghosts and battle their way up to the pyramid. They get out of the ghosts as they enter through some big doors into a large corridor. 

A large group of Covenant run at them including an Elite Zealot. Ash takes out his energy sword and holds a pistol in his other hand.

Ash runs forward and fires onto Covenant with his pistol as the Chief gives him cover.

Ash jumps onto a grunt, crushing it, and hops off and lunges towards the Elite. The Elite roars at Ash and readies its sword. Ash fires his pistol at the Elite and his shield takes the blows. Ash's pistol soon runs out of ammo and he throws it at the Elite, hitting it in the face. 

The Elite yells in pain as the heavy pistol hits him in the face, taking his shields down. Ash tackles the Elite to the ground and stabs his energy sword into its neck, effectively killing it.

"Good work." Xi compliments.

"Thank you." Ash puts his energy sword away and picks up his pistol reloading it, and setting it back on his hip.

Chief walks past Ash, giving him a thumbs up.

"Scanning..." Cortana starts. "Covenant forces in the vicinity have been eliminated. Let's move on to the Halo's Control Room."

Chief opens the door and the two Spartans move in.

"This is it." Cortana informs. "Halo's control center."

They walk through the door and to a control panel at the center of a circular glass walkway projecting into the middle of a massive open chamber. A holographic map of Halo surrounds a smaller holographic map of the system, which shows Basis and Threshold, and Halo itself between them. Also noticeable are the red areas shown on the lands of Halo, possibly indicating where the Flood is currently spreading.

As looks at the hologram in amazement. "Wow."

The two Spartans walk up to a terminal. 

"That terminal, try there." Cortana says.

The Chief unplugs Cortana's chip from his helmet and places her chip in the terminal. A moment later, she appears above the display. Data streams out from her in all directions, her eyes are now red and her body is green, shifting occasionally to blues/purples.

Xi appears on Ash's shoulder, she's sitting down. "You alright?"

"Never been better!" Cortana says in happiness. " You can't imagine the wealth of information. The knowledge! So much! So fast! It's glorious!"

Xi pouts. "Lucky."

The Chief then speaks up. "So, what sort of weapon is it?"

"What are you talking about?" Cortana asks.

"Let's stay focused. Halo... how do we use it against the Covenant?"

"This ring isn't a cudgel, you barbarian,  it's something else... something much more important. The Covenant were right... this ring... it's Forerunner. Give me a second to access... yes, the Forerunner built this place, what they called a "fortress world", in order to... no, that can't be. Oh, those Covenant fools, they must have known, there must have been signs!"

"Slow down." Ash says. "You're kinda losing me."

"The Covenant found something, buried in this ring, something horrible, and now... they're afraid." Cortana informs.

The two Spartans glance at each other.

"Something buried?" Chief asks. "Where?"

"The Captain, we've got to stop the Captain!" Cortana shouts.

"Keyes?" Ash asks. "I'm confused-"

"The weapons cache he's looking for. It's not really- We can't let him get inside!" 

"Cortana what's going on?" Xi asks.

"There's no time." Cortana shouts. "Get out of here, find Keyes, stop him! Before it's too late!"

The two Spartans turn around and run from the Control Room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08-23-2023

2214 words

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.5M 81.6K 23
Amber was rejected at birth by her less than caring parents, leaving her in the forest to die. Luckily a young woman came walking down the same path...
36K 760 18
(Side note: this is a Halo fan story and will not follow the lore at all. Plus I do not own anything from Halo.) WARNING: this involves violence and...
101K 3.1K 195
Follow Ash and his explosive experiments as he goes through adventures with his friends on Red Team and those Dirty Blues. Season 1-10 (I don't own a...
27.2K 562 15
WARNING: This is a continuating of my first book, The fall of Reach. After escaping Reach, Noble team, or at least, what's left of it, will have to f...