๐—™๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€ - 911 x The...

By LcverBuckley

An LAPD officer who meets two firefighters well on the job... {๐‘ฌ๐’—๐’‚๐’ ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’„๐’Œ๐’๐’†๐’š ๐’™ ๐‘ญ๐’†๐’Ž!๐’๐’„ ๐’™ ๐‘ฌ๐’…... More

Act One - Love Life
Two. Dosed
Three. Halloween
Four. Buckley
Five. Psycho Ex
Six. T.O.'s
Seven. Maddie Buckley
Eight. Red Snow
Nine. Detective Parker
Ten. Stake Out
Eleven. Bomber
Twelve. Firetruck
Thirteen. Virus
Act Two - Anti Hero
Fourteen. Santa Monica Pier
Fifteen. Tsunami
Sixteen. Blonde
Seventeen. Breakups
Eighteen. Drunk
Nineteen. Heat Wave
Twenty. Stalker
Twenty One. High
Twenty Two. Christmas
Twenty Three. Date
Twenty Four. Chen
Twenty Five. Jealousy
Twenty Six. Dispatch
Twenty Seven. Doomsday
Twenty Eight. Reyes
Twenty Nine. She's Back
Thirty. Eddie Begins
Thirty One. Q Word
Thirty Two. The Day From Hell
Act Three - Trust No One
Thirty Three. Vienna Begins
Thirty Four. 2020
Thirty Five. Friday
Thirty Six. Evan Buckley
Thirty Seven. West
Thirty Eight. Jinx
Thirty Nine. Family Dinners
Forty. One
Forty One. Two
Forty Two. Last Day
Forty Three. New Rookie
Forty Four. Sam
Forty Five. Past Lives
Forty Six. The Hunt
Forty Seven. I Think He Did It

One. The Rookie

18.7K 383 49
By LcverBuckley

CHAPTER ONE - The Rookie

|

Tw: Overdose

The sound of the alarm clock woke Vienna Reyes up, she rolled on her side before turning the alarm off.

"How is it morning already?" Vienna mumbled, glancing at the time reading 7:30am.

After getting ready for the day she knocked on her younger sister Gabriella bedroom door before opening it. Vienna sighed looking at the empty bed, after the third time that week that the 15 year old had snuck out again.

She closed the door and opened the door to her youngest daughter's room. She walked over to the window and open the drapes letting the light into the room "Elena, wake up" She said softly, Elena groaned and sat up tiredly.

"Why does school start so early?" The seven year old asked her mother, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"I don't know" She shrugged. "What do you want for breakfast toast or cereal?"

"Umm, cereal!" Elena exclaimed, she chuckled and nodded.

"I'll make breakfast and you choose your clothes. Deal?" Vienna asked, Elena nodded and quickly got out of bed as Vienna walked out of her room and into the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready!" placing the bowl of cereal on the table.

Elena ran out of her room in her cute little outfit and sat at the table.

"Aww, love your outfit honey"

"Thanks mom! But where's Gabby?" Elena asked as Vienna put her bowl and cup of coffee down on the table and sat next to her daughter. "Did she sneak out again?"

She nodded, "I'll text her now" She answered with a sigh grabbing her phone from her jacket pocket. "She probably went to one of those parties again"

"When can I start going to parties?" Vienna looked at her confused.

"You're seven, when your older"

"Like Gabby's age?" Elena asked her with a grin, Vienna shook her head.

"No definitely not" She said with a slight chuckle before checking her watch. "Alright, hurry up, you're gonna be late"

...

Vienna walked into the briefing room and noticed the four new rookies sat at the front of the room "I completely forgot it was rookie day" Vienna said sitting down next to officer Bradford.

"How'd you forget?" Tim asked her.

"I have two kids to look after" She shot back crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, think of it like having a third kid with a gun" Angela teased, Vienna chuckled.

"All right, all right, Settle down" Sergeant Grey told the room full of talking officers making the room fall silent. "So, okay, we got some new blood this morning. And some pushing the expiration date. Get up" The four rookies quickly stood up from their seats. "After six months together in the Academy, you've earned the right to be here. But you'll have to prove yourself to stay. The way we do things matters. Protocol and tradition are the metal from which every cop in this city is forged. Understand?"

"Yes, sir"

"Sit down" Sergeant ordered and the four sat down again. "It's time to play the Training Officer match game. Our contestants are...Lucy Chen, a hotshot who made her first arrest before clocking in for work. Legacy Jackson West, who broke all his dad's records at the Academy, Summer Rossi one of best students in the Academy, top of her class. And John Nolan, who was born before disco died. And the winners are...Officer Bradford, you get our hotshot. Officer Lopez, you get our legacy. Officer Reyes, you get our top of her class. Leaving Officer Bishop to ride with the 40-year-old rookie"

"Now, hear me.Today is your first day. Don't let it be your last. Forget the Academy and listen to your T.O.s. They'll teach you the way it should be done. That's it. All right. Be safe out there" The officers stood up and walked out the room.

"Okay, Boot, you're grabbing our equipment" Vienna said to her rookie.

"Yes, ma'am"

After Summer Rossi grabbed the equipment the two needed. The two headed outside to the shop.

"This is your shop. Do not call it a car, it is where you work" Officer Reyes explained. "First you check the exterior for damage. Any nicks, scrapes, or dents- log 'em in" Rossi nodded and put the equipment in the trunk of the shop as Vienna opened the car door. "Has the suspect left anything? Money? Drugs? A dookie?" As Rossi checked the back seats.

"No, ma'am" Summer replied.

"Onto the shotgun-safety check" passing the young women the shotgun. "Verify it's empty. Clear it, then close the action"

"Check" before Summer put the shotgun carefully back into the trunk.

"Now bodycam check, you know how to use one, right?" Officer Reyes asked her.

"Of course, I was top of my class for a reason" As she put the body cam on to her chest. "Officer Rossi, testing"

"I like you already" Vienna replied with a smirk before walking to the front of the shop. "Once we're inside the car. You gotta login in to the computer and put in our serial number. And what is our call sign?"

"7-Adam-20" She nodded.

"Correct. Now what?"

"Test lights and sirens" Rossi answered switching the lights and sirens on and off.

"You're making my job easy, Rossi. Are you ready?" She asked, Summer nodded.

...

"7-Adam-20. Noise complaint at 234 Mulholland Drive"

"7-Adam-20. Responding"

Officer Reyes and Rossi pulled up outside the house and got out of the car and started to walk towards the house.

"So, what should we be expecting?" Summer asked her T.O.

"Uh, most likely drunken teens having a party" Vienna suggested. The two reached the front door and Vienna knocked on it.

"If they are, do we arrest them?"

"Most of the time, yes. But they're some exceptions"

The opened and the little kid that looked no older than seven answered the door "That is not what I expected" Summer mumbled.

"Hey sweetie. Are your parents here?" Vienna asked the little girl.

"Nope" The kid answered, Vienna and Summer shared a look.

"Uh, are you here alone?" Reyes asked, she shook her head.

"My brothers upstairs"

"Ooh, okay, can you go get him for us?" Summer asked.

"He's asleep right now, he won't wake up"

"Can we come in and speak to him?"

"Uh, I'm not suppose to let strangers in, but my parents said if you are police officers I should" The little girl replied, and opened the door for the officers to come in.

"Rossi, stay down here with the kid, I'll go check on the brother" Vienna ordered, she nodded. "Sweetie what's you and your brother's name?"

"Lily and my brother's name is Hunter"

"Okay, thanks Lily, you stay down here with this nice officer okay?" Lily nodded. Vienna rushed up the stairs and started checking the rooms for the brother. She opened the bathroom for to see the teenager passed out on the floor with foam around his mouth.

Vienna quickly rushed to the teenager side and grabbed her radio before checking the pulse.

"Dispatch, I need an RA to our location. Male about 15, overdose on..." She glanced around the room and noticed a bottle of pills on the floor, she opened the bottle and checked the label. "Opioid. He's barely breathing"

"RA unit dispatcher, 10 minutes out from your location"

"Rossi! Bring me the Narcan! Quickly!" She yelled. "Come on, kid"

Summer ran up the stairs and quickly gave Vienna the Narcan. She quickly used the Narcan the boy. "Come on. Come on, come on, come on" The boy gasped and took a deep breath "It's alright, just breath"

...

"So, how did I do for my first day on the job?" Summer asked Vienna, putting the equipment back.

"Uh, surprisingly good, helped save a kid" Reyes replied. "But, the jobs not always this easy it gets tougher, so don't get used to it"

"I know, ma'am"

"Officer Reyes" Vienna turned around to see one of the new rookies behind her.

"Yes?"

"Your sister's here"

"Oh, great, I have to have some words with her now" She mumbled.

"Uh, she's actually in holding" Nolan told her, she looked at him confused.

"What?"

"Uh, for under age drinking and drug possession"

"I'm sorry. Did you say drug possession?" She asked shocked.

"Uh, yes ma'am"

"I'm gonna kill this kid" She sighed and walked away and over to the holding cells, she saw her younger sister sitting inside one of them. "What the hell were you thinking?" Gabriella glanced up to her and sighed.

"The drugs weren't mine-" Gabriella started to explain but Vienna cut her off.

"Oh, so you're saying that the alcohol was?" She questioned putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes, it was a party!"

"Gabby, you're 15, y-you shouldn't be drinking" Gabriella rolled her eyes. "Okay. who's drugs were they?"

"I don't know" She shrugged, Vienna gave a sharp sigh.

"I'll go find out how much your bail is. You owe me though"

"Whatever" The teenager mumbled leaning against the wall.

...

Vienna bailed Gabriella out of holding the car ride was total silence and weird looks after picking up Elena from daycare the seven year old ended breaking the awkward silence between the two.

"Mom? Why are you pissed off with Gabby?" She asked, Gabby snickered at the curse word she a taught her niece a couple days before.

"Where did you learn that word, Lena?" Vienna questioned but she already knew the answer.

"Gabby did. She said it was another word for angry"

"Gabriella, you are so grounded when we get home" Vienna replied hiding the annoyed tone in her voice.

Gabby furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "What? Why!" The teenager exclaimed.

"Oh, maybe because I literally just bailed you out of jail!"

"That wasn't my fault. It was a party, all the other kids were doing it. I just got caught" She spat crossing her arms over her chest. "You drank when you were my age all the time"

"No I did not!"

"That's not what mom said"

"Well, mom's a lying bitch isn't she" Vienna shot back.

"She is not!" Gabby yelled.

"We are not having this argument now, it can wait"

"Fine!"

Elena looked between the two confused, "What's a bitch?" Gabriella chuckled as Vienna sighed.

Vienna pulled up to the house and saw her ex's car parked outside of the house. "Oh, seriously? I swear I'm jinxed" She muttered.

"What's Will doing here?" Gabby asked slightly nervous.

"I don't know, you two stay here, I'll deal with it" She replied and got out the car and walked over to his car. "I told you to piss off"

The window from the red Hyundai Sonata showing her ex baby daddy William Morgan. "You can't keep me from my daughter" William spat, taking off his sunglasses, she rolled her eyes.

"One, yes, I can. I have full custody of her with no visitations and two, put your cheap ass sunglasses away. It's literally dark outside. Okay?" Vienna spat back.

"Look, V, what will it take for me to win you back?" He asked.

"Umm. Maybe if you fuck off and I never have to see you again, that sounds amazing"

"I'm not leaving until I see my daughter!" He yelled, opening his car door.

He got out of the car and stood in front of her turning to intimidate her look he used it do, she chuckled coldly.

"Did you forget I carry a gun for a living? You don't scare me anymore" He scoffed. "So, how about you get back into your car and leave us alone or I'll arrest you for harassment and violating a custody order"

"You wouldn't" He hissed.

"Try me" She spat and reached for the handcuffs in her back pocket.

"Fine, I'll leave, but this won't be the last time you see me" Will shot back, he pushed her back slightly before getting in his car and driving off.

"Prick" She mumbled and walked back over to her car with the two kids inside. "Come on kids, we're gonna order take out and have a movie night"

"Yay!" Elena exclaimed, Vienna smile as Gabriella gave her sister a worried look.

Tysm for reading the first chapter!! Hope you enjoyed, sorry for any spelling mistakes!!

Written: 06/05/2023

Published: 07/05/2023

Word Count: 1948

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6.2K 51
- ๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™ฃ - "It's knowing that this can't go on forever... likely one of us will have to spend some days alone." In the three years si...
851K 19.9K 37
โbe careful when you play with fire, because you're bound to get burnedโž ใ€Œ season 1 and 2 of 911 ใ€ ๐š‚๐šƒ๐™ฐ๐šƒ๐š„๐š‚:...
751K 17.8K 73
"You and me always and forever." 9-1-1 Season 2+ Start- March 26 2023 Finish I do not own any 9-1-1 characters or their plots. I do own my character...
641K 6.3K 20
This is my story! PLEASE don't steal it! I have been informed of this story being on other platforms but this is the original! Please report the othe...