It Started With The Crown✔️

By kayloves_

Emery Montgomery is no stranger to the spotlight, after all when you're the heir to the English throne, priva... More

Character aesthetic
Room plans/ places
Introduction (pls read)
Chapter 1 | "her royal highness"
Chapter 2 | "valentine academy"
Chapter 3 | "you're joking"
Chapter 4 | "black envelope"
Chapter 5 | "the speech"
Chapter 6 | "34B"
Chapter 7 | "iced vanilla latte"
Chapter 8 | "late night movies"
Chapter 9 | "grocery shopping"
Chapter 11| "blood & sparkles"
Chapter 12| "date?"
Chapter 13| "parking lot"
Chapter 14| "lights out"
Chapter 15| "fight"
Chapter 16| "party"
Chapter 17| "carrington ball"
Chapter 18| "sundae night"
Chapter 19| "annie"
Chapter 20| "tears"
Chapter 21| "realization"
Chapter 22| "damage control"
Chapter 23| "mistake"
Chapter 24| "daddy issues"
Chapter 25| "favour"
Chapter 26| "london"
Chapter 27| "explore"
Chapter 28| "christmas eve"
Chapter 29| "jealous"
Chapter 30| "devils deal"
Chapter 31| "broken"
Chapter 32|"new york,new york"
Chapter 33| "breathe"
Chapter 34| "strangers"
Chapter 35| "gold"
Chapter 36| "rain"
Chapter 37| "peace"
Chapter 38| "yacht"
Chapter 39| "champagne"
Chapter 40| "love and duty"
Chapter 41| "midnight"
Epilogue| "ever after"

Chapter 10 | "tech something"

1K 29 6
By kayloves_

•Emery's POV•

"So you like the green one better?"

"Definitely, it compliments your eyes more than the black one," Char said from her position on my bed.

She came over about an hour ago to help me get ready for an event I have later today, it's similar to a gala but a tad bit less fancy.

"Now for jewelry," I say walking to my closet, after flicking on the light I open the second draw-down that holds some of my favourite necklaces.

Scanning the draw for something that would match the dress, I find a gold necklace with five small Emerald pendants separated by smaller Dimond ones all evenly spaced around the front of the necklace.

They match the green of the dress perfectly

"How about this?" I ask holding up the necklace so she can see.

"Stunning," she says in aw, "You're going to look amazing," she compliments.

"Let's hope," I say putting the necklace down beside the dress, "I really need these photos to turn out cute or Father will have me beheaded," I laugh like it's a joke but in all reality, he would be very mad.

"I think for your hair you should do a kinda loose crimp moment," she suggests.

"How very 2000s of me," I joke.

"Oh my," she shudders, "Not the little chunks of hair crimped, bigger pieces so it looks more natural, you know?" she explains her vision.

I run a brush through my hair quickly, "I agree,"

"Not really speaking of, how was having out with Ryan the other day,"

I sigh turning around and looking at her dramatically, "Don't get me wrong he seems nice I just don't feel anything with him and...I don't know, I thought then you like someone fireworks went off or something,"

"Maybe the fireworks just missed their timer and they'll go off soon?"

"Maybe," I nod.

"Ooh is there a theme for tonight's event?" she asks intrigued.

I think about it for a few seconds trying to remember what was written in the envelope.

"No I don't think so, it's for a company that does tech something,"

•Greysons's POV•

"Do you understand?" Dad said for the fifth time

"Yes," I sigh again for the fifth time.

"Don't give me attitude you ungrateful piece of shit," he seethed.

Here we go...

"It's because of ME that you're here, it's because of ME that you have a future and without me you are nothing," he rants.

"And right now you're wasting my time, once again,"

"You asked me to be here," I defend.

"Don't you dare talk back to me boy,"

Kinda how a conversation works but, ok.

"Leave, now," he says gesturing to the door out of his office.

Turning I walk towards the door, "And you better fix your attitude before tonight your mother wants to have dinner as a family," he says.

I scoff slamming the door behind me, getting back in my car I speed off down the street towards the club.

Stopping the car outside the front of the building I toss the keys to the valet and go straight for the bar.

Sitting down at the stools, loosely I raise two fingers to the bartender who nods and pores me two shots.

The liquid burns my throat on its way down.

"Well, well," a smug voice sneered from behind me, a hand pulls out the stool near me.

Turning my head slightly to see whose voice it was.

Ryan...

"The fuck do you want," I ask turning back.

"Same as you...a drink," he says waving the bartender over.

"Get it the fuck somewhere else," I deadpan.

"Now why would I do that?" he questions.

"Do you remember what happened last time or do you need a little refresher?"

He raises his hands in defence, "Calm down buddy, no need to get jealous,"

I let out a low chuckle at his insinuations.

This is bullshit.

"What?!?" he asked amused, "Am I wrong?" he asked before tipping his head back and letting his drink pour into his mouth.

Rolling my eyes I stand up and walk to the door, the valet hands me my keys, and getting in my phone connects as I race off.

"Calls Atlas," I instruct as I pull up to a red light.

After a few beats, he picks up, "Sup Capo,"

"Tonight," I state, "we're going out,"

"What about Papa Collins's event?" he asks. "Is that still happening?"

"Yes," I answer dryly as the light turns green.

"How-?"

"Both can happen," I interrupt him speeding down a straight stretch of street.

•Emery's POV•

"Tonight simple, remember that," Haley instructed.

"I know," I nod running my hand over the smooth leather seat I'm sitting in.

"It's all about showing up and shaking hands with the right people," she continues, repeating the same thing I've been telling myself for years.

"I know," I sigh slightly.

"Right, of course, I'm sorry," she apologized.

"It's ok, I understand. This is important," I say.

"Ma'am we're arriving," the driver's voice said.

"I have to go now but I'll remember-,"

"Have fun, Miss," she said.

"Ok," I laugh lightly. She ends the call after that.

I miss her.

I look out the tinted window just in time to see us pull up to the event, it's being held in a tall sleek building, it's mostly black but with white accents in some places.

The setting sun hits it perfectly, illuminating the building and making the white parts look like golden yellow.

We stop at the front doors and a man in a fully black suit opens my door and holds out his hand for support. I take it lightly just to help me out.

Men in black suits surround the building, some are checking other guests' ID's others are holding the paparazzi back.               

As soon as I'm out a wave of camera flashes begins, I subtly smooth out my dress and smile softly for their pictures.

"This way," A tall lady wearing a suit says walking up to me.

"Thank you," I smile following her through the massive doors.

I'm immediately met with crowds of people; I greet them politely as I pass them. Some answer most just stare and pull out their phones for a photo.

A few people hold open the doors into the event for me, the twinkle of the crystal chandelier catches my eyes. The place is filled with rich-looking people, women in gowns that probably cost more than someone's house and men in their perfectly tailored suits.

I can't really say anything, this dress was expensive. 

"Ma'am," Someone I recognize for working for my father says walking up to me.

I turn quickly around to greet them, "Yes?"

"It's time to meet the host," He says, I nod, "This way," he instructs, and I follow close behind him.

He leads me to a small dim lit room just off the main room, there's a pool table placed in the center of the room.

Four tall men in black suits stand around the table, small glasses of what I'm assuming is whiskey in each of their hands.

Fathers' worker clears his throat, "May I present The Princess Emery Montgomery of England," he introduces in a proper voice.

"Pleasure to meet you," I say as they turn and walk to me.

"Pleasure's all mine," the man wearing a gold Rolex says bowing and shaking my hand.

"Luke Collins," he says, "I'm happy you could make it,"

Collins?

That has to be a coincidence.

I'm sure hundreds or people have that name.

"Well, I'm sure you have many other people to meet so we won't hold you up," he laughs.

"Yes," I laugh slightly awkwardly.

Loud footsteps storm into the room behind me, "Dad, I'm not staying long-," the voice pauses.

Greyson...

Slowly I turn around making eye contact with him, he looks at me and then rolls his eyes.

"Ok, I'll leave you now," I say quickly walking out and tuning down a random hallway.

"Greyson, WAIT," Luke yells.

A large hand grabs my elbow and stops me from walking further.

"Emery?!?" he shouts, "What the fuck?" he asks.

I look up at him, then down at my dress, and back to him, "Miss me?" I ask sarcastically.

"Why are you here?" he asks.

"I was invited," I state plainly.

"You shouldn't-,"

"PRINCESS," a man shouts running down the hallway towards us.

"Are you ok?" he asks slightly out of breath.

"Yes, I'm fine thank you," I sigh.

"Just barely," Greyson says.

"You know anything could have happened to her, walking around by herself like that," he says to the man, "You wouldn't want it to be your fault, would you?" he asks.

"N-no," he replies.

"Then I would suggest you do your job and not let the Princess out of your sight," Greyson suggests.

Glaring at him, he smirks before walking away.

"I'm so sorry Princess," he apologizes.

"It's fine, really," I smile. He nods relieved.

I walk back towards the party; music is now playing and a few people are waltzing across the floor.

A waiter walks by with a tray of champagne glasses, I grab one and take a slow small sip of it.

"Miss," someone said from beside me, I internally sigh before turning t the with a smile on my face.

"Mrs. Galivange," she bows lowly.

"Emery," I say holding out my hand for a small shake.

"I just wanted to say what a pleasure it is to be meeting you-," she continues talking but loses my interest.

Just behind her head on the other side of the room, Greyson stands facing me talking to a group of guys I recognize from school.

He looks mad, but really when does he not?

"Ma'am?" Mrs. Galivange says.

"My apologies," I say sincerely focusing back on her.

"I was just asking how you're liking New York?" she says.

"It's been lovely, I love the city and its people," I smile.

"Good, good," she nods.

"It's been nice talking to you," she says bowing before walking away.

I walk around the room slowly, only stopping to greet a few people.

•Greyson POV•

She's walking around shyly like she doesn't completely own the place.

I guarantee you, everyone in this room would kill to be her. She doesn't even notice the horde of guys following behind her like lost puppies trying to build up the courage to talk to her.

And yet she's walking around only talking to the old men that she's told to talk to.

"You ready man," Atlas said coming up from behind me clapping his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me,"

"Whatever," he shrugs it off, "Let's go," he says.

"Ok," is setting my drink down on a passing waiter's tray.

Turning back to him we walk through the sea of people.

Emery's eyes find mine just as we're about to leave the room.

She looks confused but then rolls her eyes when she realizes we're leaving.

Smirking I follow Atlas out the doors.

———————————————————————————
A/n

Word count(1946)

I just realized this but I seem to have something against guys with Ry in their name, their always bad, grumpy or something. Idk why either?

Anyway, I hope u liked this chapter!!

I also had this random though, I lowkey wanna post more on Tik Tok but kinda like day in my life writing and writing motivation. Have no clue where this is coming from but I kinda want to. Idk let me know if I would wanna see something like that.
Go follow my TikTok (it's in my bio)

Thoughts??

Kay🩵

Emery's Gala outfit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 5.6K 51
"Do I make you nervous,Carrington? Because you love to not look me in my eye when I'm talking to you". "Nervous? Baby this is me Turned on". "Well tu...
19.7M 551K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
41.6K 1.1K 26
"You really get on my nerves, Sunshine." I stare her down, watching as her lips curl into a smile. Carson brings her hand to my own. "But you like t...
22.9K 551 39
As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save her and that she must save herself. Now; d...