PERFECTLY IMPERFECT

Oleh SensationalSleeping

Getting a prince was Eva's, daughter of the Evil Queen, only goal in life. Well, that and ensuring she looked... Lebih Banyak

ONE ~ ALLEYWAY ADVENTURES
TWO ~ PUTRID PIRATES
THREE ~ ROYALLY ROTTEN
FOUR ~ KIND KING
FIVE ~ TENDER TEACHER
SIX ~ FRAIL FAIRY
SEVEN ~ FRIGHTENING FEELINGS
EIGHT ~ IRKSOME INTERACTIONS
NINE ~ WICKED WAND
TEN ~ DANGEROUS DANCING
ELEVEN ~ KNACKERED KNIGHT
TWELVE ~ MISSING MAL
THIRTEEN ~ PERFECTED PLANS
FOURTEEN ~ ROTTEN REUNION
FIFTEEN ~ FLIRTATIOUS FIGHTING
SIXTEEN ~ TENACIOUS TENTACLES
SEVENTEEN ~ COTILLION CONFESSIONS
EIGHTEEN ~ ENDEARING ENGAGEMENT
NINETEEN ~ HADES' HUMILIATION
TWENTY ~ PETTY PIRATES
TWENTY ONE ~ KNOCKOUT KNIGHTS
TWENTY TWO ~ FAMILY FOREVER
TWENTY FOUR ~ GLOOMY GOODBYES
TWENTY FIVE ~ COLD CLOSURE
TWENTY SIX ~ HAPPILY EVER AFTER
TWENTY THREE.2 ~ LIFESAVING LIPS

TWENTY THREE ~ DISTRAUGHT DRAGON

1.5K 42 9
Oleh SensationalSleeping

╭━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╮
Even worse, Mal,
you failed us.
╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

Smoke poured from the chimney of the little cottage. Eva inhaled deeply, relishing in the woody scent that permeated the air. The VKs had only spent one Christmas in Auradon but she already associated the smell with thick snow, twinkling lights, and catchy Christmas songs. Harry watched her with a dopey smile, tripping over a rather large (obvious) rock on the floor. Automatically reacting, Eva's arms darted out and caught him, pulling him upright.

"Careful there, Princess. I'm supposed to protect the King, not oblivious fools."

Linking his fingers through hers, the pirate made a sappy comment about how it was her fault for choosing the 'oblivious fool.' Jay made retching noises behind them. The trio simultaneously scowled when both Mal and Uma turned around to shush them.

Hidden behind a large tree, the group were surveying the property for any signs of life. No lights were visible from the windows, but nobody took that to mean Audrey wasn't holed up inside. As the rulers of Auradon, Ben and Mal approached the gate first, signalling to the others when it was safe for them to join.

Despite doing their best to creep around, Harry and Eva refused to release their hold on each other, dragging the other. Uma shook her head at them but the corners of her mouth turned up. It was nice to know her second-in-command would no longer be moping around, pining over love that hadn't had the chance to form. Jay smirked at the besotted pirate, amused that he no longer even tried to hide how enamoured he was with the blue-haired knight. Harry knew she could hurt him as easily as he loved her but that only made him more attached.

Bursting through the front door, the small company fell short upon seeing the empty room. Jay dashed upstairs but returned with a shake of his head. Audrey wasn't here.

"Where the hell is she?"

Frantic bangs pounded against the door to the pantry, startling the crowd of makeshift heroes. Mal stood protectively in front of them as Ben peered in through the little window. At the sight of Cinderella's son curled up in a ball, looking a little traumatised, Ben hurried to unlock the door.

"I want my mommy." Chad whimpered, flinching away from Ben's outstretched hand. Ben reached down to help him stand anyway, inquiring as to what had happened to him.

"Ben!" Chad exclaimed, launching himself at the King after recognition had sunk in. "She's gone, huh?" Chad glanced around in disbelief, eyes widening at the sight of the front door hanging open.

"I'm free! Freedom!" The pampered prince sprinted out the door without looking back or even uttering a 'thanks,' desperate to get away from the dark hole he had been trapped in.

Muffling her laughter in Harry's shoulder, Eva felt him shake beneath her, making no effort to hide his hilarity at the situation.

Knowing they'd reached another dead end, the group skipped out of the cottage. Stars twinkled above them as the moon taunted their failure. Midnight was fast approaching. They were no closer to catching Audrey now than they were before leaving the Isle that morning. Yet, they were in high spirits despite all that. They were together, and they were enjoying each other's company.

"Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already. Time to wrap things up." Uma declared, pounding her fist against Mal's.

Eva jumped when Uma knocked her shoulder against hers but smiled at her regardless. The Captain and the knight had formed a genuine friendship since their spat that morning. One they hoped would continue once this battle ended.

"Someday you're going to have to tell me how you allied together." Ben chuckled at the unlikely team, watching Uma tease his most trusted knight and the pirate who had threatened to hook him.

"Mal promised to let all the kids come over from the Isle once this was all over." Evie said, practically beaming with pride at her friend.

Visible confusion flickered across Ben's face upon hearing that information. Last he'd heard, it was Mal who decided that the barrier should close forever more, ensuring the safety of Auradon and all who lived there. Lip trembling, the purple-haired Lady sighed deeply, knowing this discussion would never end in her favour. She was hoping it could've waited until after the residents of Auradon were saved. However, she knew Ben wouldn't just let it go. She had to confess before he accidentally revealed the truth.

Looking at her family's expectant faces, she knew it needed to come from her. "I have to tell you something." Mal's teeth sunk into her bottom lip and she struggled to find the words to say. "I-I lied to you. Those kids- those kids aren't coming off the Isle."

"What do you mean?" Jay asked, exchanging a glance with Evie.

"The VK program is being shut down and the barrier will be closed forever."

A gasp burst past Evie's lips and she turned to look at her scarily quiet twin sister. At her side, Harry grunted in frustration, attempting to contain the anger he felt building. Once again, he thought he had the possibility of a life that contained promise, only for it to be snatched away. Chuckling in disbelief, he brushed Eva away when she tried to soothe him, wrapped up in his own head.

"So, we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie." Uma shook her head in disgust. "I knew it was a mistake to trust you. All you've ever cared about is yourself."

"And you," seethed Harry, storming up to Ben. Yet when he stood before the man he thought capable of doing the right thing, all his anger puddled into disappointment. "You're probably just going to throw us all back inside," he said with quiet resignation.

Ben wanted to deny it, reassure the broken man but he couldn't do that. Tears sparkling in her eyes, Celia snatched the ember from Mal's loose grasp, dumping it into a dormant fountain. She stormed off as the ember's light sizzled out. Throat bobbing, Eva watched Mal fail to resurrect the powerful stone. Their last hope was gone. Eva would never see Parker again. Harry would be sent back to the Isle, lost from her forever. She was losing the most important men in her life. Even Gil, with his harmless and lovable nature, would be imprisoned once more. Uma turned on her heel and walked off.

"Harry, wait..." Eva whispered, wanting just one more moment with him whilst she tried to sort through this mess.

He kept walking as though he hadn't heard. But her voice had been so soft she wasn't sure she had. Stumbling in despair, Eva was grateful when Carlos slid his hand in hers, providing her with the strength Harry had just taken with him. The VKs could hardly stand to listen to Mal as she tried justifying her actions to Evie.

"I thought you were going to stand up for the VKs but instead you lied to them. And you lied to Jay. And to Carlos. And you lied to Eva. We're your family." Evie's voice broke.

Collectively, the VKs turned away from her, unsure what their next move would be in stopping Audrey but knowing they didn't want to do it with Mal right now.

"I had no choice!" Mal called after them.

"NO!" Eva fumed, storming back over to the woman she had once called her best friend. Petunias sprouted up behind her, marking her path of fury. "After everything we've been through, we thought you had more respect for us than lying to our faces. You didn't just omit the truth, you barefaced lied! You gave me hope that I could have a future with Harry! You stood there and listened to me whilst I blabbered about the future like an idiot.
When were you going to tell me, huh? Tell me that I could never see Harry and Gil again. When I tried going back to see them? As future queen - no, as one of my best friends - I expected better from you. If anyone had a choice in this situation, it was you. And you betrayed us. Even worse, Mal, you failed us."

A cackle filled the air as Eva brushed past Mal, shoulders colliding. Lightning crackled across the air. When the smoke cleared, Mal sobbed upon seeing her family and fiancé preserved in stone. Part of her sleeve was stuck to the statue of Eva, and she had to wrench her arm free. Cool air hit her arm; the fabric of her shirt ripped. She whimpered at the heartbroken expression on her best friend's face. Willow flowers had grown in a circle around her. Staring at the dull ember in her hand, Mal knew stopping Audrey was the only way to save her family. Even if it meant doing it alone.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Furious didn't even begin to describe the emotions coursing through Harry as he stalked after his Captain. Auradon Prep loomed over them, reminding them of all that could've been, but never would. He was just starting to envision a future here. Not just because it meant a life with Eva, but he had experienced some of what Auradon had to offer (even whilst under attack), and he wanted more. King Ben had been nice to him, which was the last thing he thought the royal would do after Harry had held him at the end of the plank.

But, that single act of politeness gave him visions of classes, and open seas. Islands and picnics on the beaches. Education and warm beds. Fresh food and fresh air. Auradon had given him hope, and like all good things that come to those from the Isle, it was ripped away. Uma didn't speak to him, unable to form words that weren't laced with poison and fury. She was dealing with her own inner turmoil, she didn't have time to help him through his just yet. All she wanted to do was find Gil and go home. Because the Isle was the only home she would have.

"Uma!" Mal's voice carried across the lush green lawn.

The Captain ignored her, picking up her pace a little. Dashing in front of the angry pirate, Mal halted, holding up her hand in a bid to get the woman to listen to her. Moving to step around her, Uma sighed angrily when Mal blocked her way once again.

"I need your help," pleaded Mal. "We have a chance but only if we do this together."

Uma looked around. "Where's your friends? They finally abandon you after all the crap you've put them through. All the lies you've told. Even Eva hasn't followed you."

"Audrey got them." Mal struggled to say, hurt closing her throat. Uma's eyes darted to the bit of skin exposed through Mal's ripped top, reminding the green-eyed woman that she may lose her friends forever.

"Uma, please. I know you care. You care about everybody. Auradon is worth saving. The others are worth saving. Help us, please..."

Voice thick with emotion, Harry glanced at Mal and said, "You talk pretty but..." his eyes darted to Uma's impassive face. "... she's already made up her mind."

"You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to fix it." Uma walked off, leaving Harry to trail after her.

He was getting slightly sick of the sight of her back. Mal caught Harry's damp eyes, silently pleading with him. All he could see was dreams crushed when looking at her. It wasn't as if he had deluded himself into thinking there was a chance, Mal had promised they could stay if they wished. He walked past her, deliberately moving his shoulder to ensure there was no chance of him accidentally touching her. The action the opposite of when Eva walked away from her.

When they reached the end of the lawn, Harry slowed his pace. Out of hearing range, he stared at the tense lines of his Captain's back, believing that he could likely draw that image from memory.

"Uma..." All he could think of was Eva's beautiful face, captured forever in stone.

Uma stopped too. A similar image of the VKs filling her own head. They had bonded, and now they might be gone. Part of her wasn't sure she could live with that. Fists clenching, Uma reminded herself that it was no longer her problems.

She didn't turn to face her heartbroken First Mate. "Keep walking, Harry. You don't have a future anyway."

╍╍ ♛ ╍╍

Alone again, Mal fought back tears as she pondered her dire situation. Memories of her friends and fiancé played in her head, reminding her of all she had to lose if she gave up. If she didn't find some other way.

Evie and Eva; who had been by her side through everything, who had shared a house with her when being around their parents was too damaging. Who had held her hands when she told them about her father and never looked at her any differently. Who had shared their love with her, even when it was considered a weakness. Evie had always listened to her, followed everything she asked with blind loyalty. Eva had always challenged her, made her think and then rethink her actions, but who defended her no matter the occasion.

Jay; who had their backs without a second thought, who was always happy to offer a shoulder to cry on (so long as he didn't have to provide helpful advice. Who held their hands when they scared and brought them snacks when they were hormonal.

Carlos; who cared enough about their feelings to endure girl talk, who never acted as if any favour was too much. Who made them laugh when they were sad, and asked them for advice when he was shy.

And Ben. Sweet, hopeful Ben who had dreamed of a day where the Isle and Auradon could live harmoniously. She wanted to make that dream come true for him.

"Help me, Mal!" A scared scream pierced the air and Mal's thoughts.

Pink lightning crackled across the sky, originating from the castle turret behind Mal. Angered by Audrey's taunts, Mal let the dragon take over, rising above the turret. Wasting no time, she blew a fireball at Audrey, who blocked and retaliated with lightning. Celia pleaded for Mal to save her, prompting Audrey to put an end to her whining. Wrapping an arm around her neck, Audrey pulled the young VK close, using her as a shield against the dragon's fire.

Having seen the lightning fork across the sky, Harry halted to a stop. "Uma," he said more firmly this time. She stopped and turned to look at him, startled by the intensity in his blue eyes.

"You have to go back. Mal lied to us and you're right, she doesn't deserve our help. But you know who does? Eva. Evie. Even King Ben. It's Mal's mess but it's our friends that need saving. Yes, there's no future for us here and so why should we help? We won't get to spend time with them once we've saved them. But it's not fair that we take away their futures just because we don't get to have one here.
I may never see Eva again and that'll hurt until the end of my days, but it'll be easier to walk away from her if I know she's alive and happy. Can you seriously leave Auradon knowing that you left people you care about trapped in stone?"

Uma groaned, stamping her foot slightly as she moved past him. "I hate when you're the moral one," she grumbled.

The pair of them broke into a sprint, returning to the lawn before Auradon Prep. Skidding to a stop beneath the gargantuan form of the dark purple dragon, Harry stared up at her in awe.

Blowing on the ember, Mal willed it to reignite as she dried the small gem with her hot breath. A mournful sound left her when it remained dull. Noticing she was distracted, Audrey zapped Mal with another blast of lightning. It hit her square in the chest, forcing out a furious roar.

"Hold still, you little brat!" Audrey hissed as Celia struggled against her hold.

Breaking free, she stumbled over her own feet, crashing into the stone wall. Terrified by the steep drop below, she dashed over to the safety of the opposite corner, effectively dodging the witch who made a grab for her. Spotting the two pirates, Mal lowered herself until she was hovering above them. Feeling a warmth against her chest, Uma pulled the shell out from under her shirt, pleased to see it glowing once again.

"We're stronger together. I'm right here, Mal." Uma reassured. "Regain your might and ignite. We've got this. Regain your might and ignite!"

Mal's features softened at the support from those she thought had abandoned them. Holding out the ember, she moved it closer to the golden shell. The dark gem emitted a blinding blue light, causing the pirates to cheer victoriously. Now, they might have a chance to save Auradon.

Mal rose menacingly behind Audrey. Her hulking form cast an ominous shadow over the woman. Audrey turned to look at her, cackling at the sight.

She doesn't seriously think she can defeat me, Audrey thought confidently. Raising Maleficent's sceptre, she shot a bolt of lightning at Mal again, who counteracted with a blast from the ember. Pink and blue met in the middle of the night sky, casting a strange glow over Auradon Prep. Audrey's arm began shaking from the force of the power vibrating through the staff.

"Get her, Mal!" Harry encouraged.

Losing her willpower over the sceptre, Audrey's blast began shortening. Mal's bolt pushed back, hitting Audrey in the chest. Eyes flitting shut, she fell to the floor unconscious. Harry cheered loudly, launching his beloved hook to the ground and picking up his Captain. Spinning her around in victory, he was pleased that his diplomatic behaviour managed to save Auradon.

Perhaps I should have a conscience more often, he thought.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Outside Fairy Cottage, a brilliant blast of light struck the five stone statues. Stumbling forward mid-step, Eva righted herself and glanced around in shock. Flexing her fingers, she ignored the stiffness in them, relishing the fact that they were flesh once more. A hoarse cough came from behind her and she spun around to see that the rest of her family were human again also.

"She did it," said Eva, the corners of her mouth upturned. She might've been mad at Mal but she never doubted her friend's ability to find a way.

"You good?" Evie asked, looping her arm through Eva's, helping them support each other. The three boys huddled closer to them, and the small group made their way back to Auradon Prep, hoping they would find their missing member along the way.

A small gathering had begun forming on the lawn before Auradon Prep; people looking for answers as to what had happened to them. Mal and Celia made their way through the double doors and down the concrete steps, looking around for their friends.

"Harry!" Eva called out, pushing through people to get to the front of the crowd, hoping to find him there.

Around her, she could hear friends reuniting with each other. Jane and Carlos collided a few steps away from her, bumping heads as they failed to slow down in time. Evie and Doug wrapped their arms around each other, grateful that the other remained unscathed. Spotting Gil before the other pirates, Eva placed her small hand in his, allowing him to push through the throng of people.

When they reached the group of saviours, Eva launched herself at the hook-handed man. He caught her easily, lifting her off the ground.

"You came back," she whispered.

"I always would for you. Eva, I love you." He blurted out, placing her back on the floor in case she wished to run.

He could've lost her forever, and he may not get the chance to tell her when the sun rose. He'd be shipped back to the Isle, and he couldn't stomach the idea of never telling her.

"I know it seems sudden but somewhere in the middle of the insults and the punching-."

"I only punched you twice!"

"-and the intense beatings, I fell for you."

She laughed at his dramatic sentence.

"I know it's not fair of me to tell you but I do love you."

Eva pressed her lips to his, soft and sweet. Wolf whistled sounded in their ears. Breaking apart, Eva turned to glare at Jay, only to find that the noise had actually come from Uma.

"This is cute and all but I think we're needed over there."

Heat flooded Eva's cheeks when she found that all her family and friends were watching the pair with amused smiles. Audrey had been discreetly carried back to her dorm room, and the rest of them were required to give statements on the events of the day. Ben stayed behind, addressing the nervous crowd that had formed. Pressing a kiss to her pinked cheeks, Harry wrapped his arm around her waist and they walked into Auradon Prep together.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

A/N: My search history is filled with the meanings of flowers haha

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

297K 5.5K 47
Chloe de Vil lives on the Isle of the Lost with her mother and twin brother. That is, until Carlos got the invitation to go to Auradon. Since then, C...
3.6K 68 7
Y/n is the adopted daughter of Belle and Beast, but they don't know that her and Ben know that. With the struggle of have powers and not being able t...
55.8K 971 14
When Prince Ben declares that he wishes to bring over some of the villain children to Auradon, this allows not four -- but five VK's to stir up some...
11.6K 223 22
chloe is the daughter of the chernabog... the most evil villain ever to live... when the future king, ben beast asks for the children of the chernabo...