Fate - NCT Haechan Fanfiction

By hyunjinville

In a world where fate is decided. . Suh Mijin, a 21 y/o American - Korean girl, Being chosen for a prestigio... More

Introduction
-001-
-002-
-003-
-004-
-005-
-006-
-007-
-008-
-009-
-010-
-011-
-012-
-013-
-014-
-015-
-016-
-017-
-018-
-019-
-020-
-021-
-022-
-023-
-024-
-025-
-026-
-27-
-028-
-029-
-030-
-031-
Announcement
-032-
Announcement
-033-
-034-
-036-
-037-
-038-
-039-
-040-
-041-
Goodbye
-042-
-043-

-035-

78 5 0
By hyunjinville

He brushed his hair back with his right hand, while holding a blow dryer in the left, while humming words to some ominous song he might have heard on TikTok. 

Donghyuck was sitting on a chair in front of the mirror, after a good long shower of what he thought was 10 minutes.

An hour.

But he shortly paused as he observed a huge scar on his face, right below his left eye.

"The hell.." Donghyuck attempted to remember if he ever got hurt there but in vain. Also, what kind of scar would start showing out of the blue? It hadn't been there an hour ago. 

"Shocked?" 

The lights in the room flickered intensely, and proceeded to switch off.

Donghyuck's face went pale and the hair dryer dropped out of his hand as he looked in the mirror to see a black unclear silhouette standing right behind him with glowering red eyes, chuckling with a sinister tone.

"I did that, I'm quite proud of it, needless to say."

"How can you even a live a calm and peaceful life after what you did? Hmm?  You don't deserve to live." 

The black silhouette gained more color and clearness as it paced towards Donghyuck, who could only stare at the mirror with tears of fright welling up in his eyes.

"And that's why I'm here. To put an end to it. So you don't ruin mine again." 

His eyes widened as the now clear and visible figure could be seen, much more clearly. He recognized her. Her hand held a dagger, which grazed dangerously close to his neck. 

"Y-You c-can't b-be-- no-" His voice shivered in terror. "M-Mijin?"

"So that's the one you love the most hunh? Well, pity, today's the last day you see her, or anyone. Well if it did not come as a realization due to your vivid ignorance, I'm here to kill you. And you can do nothing about it."

And the knife came closer to his neck, Donghyuck let out a loud scream as his eyes went shut...

"WHAT THE FUCK LEE DONGHYUCK?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? Oh- are you that excited to see me?" 

And there was no dark sinister voiced Mijin with red eyes anymore, just your good old regular Mijin, who entered the room just to see Donghyuck screaming.

A weirdly funny yet unsettling site to say, needless to say.

Donghyuck failed to reply, still trying to catch up with his uneven breathing. He drank a glass of water. When he finally accumulated the energy to speak, he realized that the lights were back on, and the scar below his left eye was gone.

DONGHYUCK- ARE YOU PART-TIMING AS A SKIN-WALKER?
MIJIN- YOU WERE THE ONE SCREAMING?! 
DONGHYUCK- I- 
DONGHYUCK- ...one more word and I'm kicking you out of here. 
MIJIN- Says the man walking with one crutch. 

That has to be the first time I'm happy to see her. Donghyuck thought to himself. 

MIJIN- Aww, you were wishing to see me? 
DONGHYUCK- Well now I wish I didn't wish to see you.
MIJIN- ...
DONGHYUCK- Get lost.
MIJIN- I'll take that as "Oh you shouldn't ask, of course you come in!". 

Mijin entered the room and took a seat on the rather clean bed.

MIJIN- Your room is surprisingly very clean.
DONGHYUCK- So what did you think? It'd be messy?
MIJIN- Judging from your dorm, yes.
DONGHYUCK- Oh that's cuz it annoys Renjun. 
MIJIN- ...that's highkey stupid but kinda lowkey genius. If I'd do that though, Sayuri will not hesitate to bring out the slipper.
DONGHYUCK- You think Renjun doesn't? I'm just a good dodger. Speaking of whom, where are the others?
MIJIN- Down in the indoor game room. Chenle and Jisung are playing table-tennis but both of them suck so its more like "I-serve-and-you-pick-up-the-ball", Renjun and Sayuri are playing pool table but they always get into one argument or another so its more like arguing with a hint of pool table. And your mom and dad are hyping Chenle and Jisung so they don't feel disheartened. Mark's asleep on the couch.
DONGHYUCK- Typical. And why are you here? 
MIJIN- Because my legs thought it would be nice idea to walk in the direction of this room.
DONGHYUCK- ...
MIJIN- Obviously I came here because I can and wanted to? Idiot.

The conversation was interrupted by intensified barking as a small dog, not more than the size of one's fore arm, ran into the room, and basically jumped onto Donghyuck.

DONGHYUCK- OH MY GOD ARE YOU A DOG OR A GHOST YOU SCARED THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ME. AND YOU RUINED MY HAIR- BAD BOY DASOM, BAD BOY. DOWN.

Mijin stared as Donghyuck's voice changed into that of a father of a toddler.

DONGHYUCK- Oh yeah this is my excessively energetic and stupidly smart dog. Get off now buddy. That'd be enough cuddle time for you. 

The dog got off and sat posh on the dressing table as if he owned the damn house.

MIJIN- OMG HE'S ADORABLE :((( what's his name?
DONGHYUCK- Dasom. I wanted to call him Ghostie, but mom said that he's too cute for that name. I do agree, but he acts like one.
MIJIN- IF HE IS A NUISANCE TO YOU I CAN TAKE HIM-
DONGHYUCK- ABSO-FRICKING-LUTELY NOT. THIS IS MY CHILD-

But Mijin was already cuddling the dog, while the dog seemed to be happy in the embrace, and somewhat smug to have accomplished what his human owner had failed to accomplish. 

MIJIN- Oh my God you are so cute~ 

Donghyuck's annoyed expression turned into one of a light smile. The trauma from the vision had seemed to fade away as he saw her, simply smiling. Her smile seemed to have lit up the room better than whatever expensive lighting was there in the room, and once again, he caught himself falling.

MIJIN- Hyuck? Hello?
DONGHYUCK- H-Hunh? Yeah?

The dog had ran out of the room, leaving the two alone in the room once again.

MIJIN- Have you checked your emails?
DONGHYUCK- Nope. In fact I haven't caught up with anything in the past week. Anything I should know?
MIJIN- Yeah the Practical term is starting in a week. And yeah you are going to France.
DONGHYUCK- Wait- really? Wow- uhm- that's cool. All majors?
MIJIN- No, Sayuri and Renjun got assigned Denmark I suppose? I don't know.
DONGHYUCK- You?
MIJIN- Yeah me too, France. 
DONGHYUCK- And we are leaving in a week?
MIJIN- Well actually, in two days. They are giving us a break till the assignments will come through-
DONGHYUCK- THE HELL?!
MIJIN- I mean- not my fault you don't check your emails.
DONGHYUCK- But two days aren't enough-

Mijin chuckled, rolling her eyes.

Followed a few seconds worth of silence.

MIJIN- You do remember you have some explaining to do right, Hyuck?
DONGHYUCK- Hmm?
MIJIN- You were ignoring me a week ago?

Oh. 

Donghyuck remembered. He was actually hoping she would've forgotten that episode.

DONGHYUCK- I was kinda stressed- nothing else-
MIJIN- That's it? Liar.
DONGHYUCK- No, that's it. I'm not lying, I swear.
MIJIN- Oh really? I think not.
DONGHYUCK- I WAS JUST VERY STRESSED. I HAD AN IMPORTANT PRESENTATION AND I WAS IN ANOTHER STATE OF MIND- JUST- sorryaboutthatday.
MIJIN- What?
DONGHYUCK- I SAID- sorry-
MIJIN- DIDN'T HEAR YA THERE?
DONGHYUCK- Oh my God- I SAID SORRY! 
MIJIN- YOU SAID WHAT-
DONGHYUCK- I SWEAR TO DEAR LORD--

Donghyuck got up from his chair, forgetting that he had a sprained ankle, causing him to fall.

Coincidentally, right on top of her.

His hands were on either side of her head, noses touching, lips barely apart. 

Their eyes remained fixated on each other, the bare distance silencing any words that attempted to come out of their mouths.

~~~~~

It was a stormy night. 

She ran and ran and ran in the heavy gown, her hair, which was previously well put together was now all over the place. She had lost one of her satin gloves, but she couldn't care less.

As she reached her destination, she knocked at the door, panting.

A man about her age, who had seemed to wake up from sleep, opened the door.

"Lady Maria, what are you doing here? At such a late hour?"

No reply came from her, she just stared at him with a small smile.

"I gave it a good thought." She finally said, still panting.

She walked towards him, only to trip on the steps to the door. But she landed in the safe refuge of his arms. 

"And what was your conclusion?" He asked, still holding her close, gently.

"Yes. I do."

~~~~~

"DONGHYUCK- oh God where did that boy go again-"

Mijin and Donghyuck's eyes widened as they heard Mrs. Lee's voice echo through the hallways, instinctually understanding that they would definitely be misunderstood. And just as instinctually, Mijin threw Donghyuck off the bed, making the latter groan in pain as he landed on the cold hard ground.

"MOMMMM~"

His mother entered to see her son lying on the floor.

MRS. LEE- OH GOD DID YOU TRIP AGAIN? DONGHYUCK DO YOU HAVE ANY SENSE OF BALANCE AND EQUILIBRIUM? MIJIN HONEY WHAT HAPPENED?
MIJIN- Uhh he tripped after-- umm, stubbing his toe at the dressing table. I sWEAR I TOLD HIM TO WALK CAREFULLY. HE NEVER LISTENS.
DONGHYUCK- *gritting his teeth* CAN SOMEONE HELP ME UP?
MRS. LEE- And I thought I have a grown adult son. 

Both Mijin and Mrs. Lee helped the poor guy up.

MRS. LEE- Are you hurt anywhere?
DONGHYUCK- No, thanks Ma. You were searching for me?
MRS. LEE- Yes, just calling you downstairs? Your friends are searching for you and Mijin.

"Oh- yeah I was here to fetch him too. Let's go- Thank you Mrs. Lee." Mijin said as the older woman nodded with a smile and walked out of the room.

"hE nEvEr LiStEnS?! Seriously?"

"Damn okay sorry, plus I wasn't the one who basically fell on top of you, pretty sure it was the other way around-"
"I swear to God-" 

~~~~

This is definitely not a chapter I'm proud of lol- 
Now hopefully I'll be a bit more frequent and there might follow a huge timeskip because the fic is getting a bit too long :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 72 32
[Soulmate au] Suh Huijin,a pretty mysterious college girl with a dark past,doesnt believe in soulmates. Mark Lee,the typical playboy, cold and a hear...
445K 13.5K 45
"š™ˆš™® š™™š™šš™–š™§ š™žš™™š™¤š™”š™Ø, š™–š™Ø š™¢š™Ŗš™˜š™ š™–š™Ø š™„ š™˜š™–š™”š™” š™¢š™®š™Øš™šš™”š™› š™–š™Ø š™®š™¤š™Ŗš™§ š™£š™¤.1 š™›š™–š™£, š™–š™£š™™ š™®š™¤š™Ŗš™§ š™Øš™¤š™Ŗš™”š™¢š™–š™©š™š, š™„ š™ š™£š™¤š™¬ š™©ļæ½...
89.8K 5.4K 30
mark and jeno were 100% sure they were soulmates, and this made both of them very happy. but what will happen when donghyuck appears in their lives a...
336K 29.3K 81
[soulmate au] when you're close enough to your soulmate, you start dreaming about them- more specifically their innermost thoughts, hopes and subcons...