Wish Upon A Star

By gd_carpediem

Twenty-three-year-old, Sana Minatozaki, an idol and a member of a famous Kpop girl group meets an independent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

34

205 9 4
By gd_carpediem

Today is Saturday and the three will go again to the orphanage to visit the children together with Sana, Jihyo, and Mina.

It was four in the morning when Jeongyeon picked up Tzuyu. She borrowed her sister's van so they could all be in the same vehicle instead of going separately to the orphanage. She honked when she saw her friend just coming out of the house. Tzuyu with a smile on her face, wave her hand at Jeongyeon then she put her bag at the back.

"Is everything ready?". The tall girl asked upon sitting in the shotgun seat.

Jeongyeon smiling nodded. "I've already brought the things you texted me last night and also toys for the children".

Tzuyu looked at the back and frowned immediately when she noticed Chaeyoung was not inside the vehicle. "Where's the small bean?", she asked.

"Ow, she's at Mina's house".

"I thought we will go to pick her up? Why did she go to Mina so early? Too excited to see her girl, huh", Tzuyu chuckled.

"That's what I thought too! But when I called her a while ago she told me that she slept at Mina's house last night." Jeongyeon shook her head in disbelief then started the engine and drove away. "She also told me that she just only asked Mina to help her bake a cake and cookies last night that's why she spent the night there. That smart kid! Aigoooo.....", the girl added.

"She said that but she already brought her things with her when she went to Mina?!".

"Yeah..probably."

And the two just laughed suddenly at their friend's lame reason.

"If I were her, I should ask Mina to be her girlfriend. She must have done that a long time ago."

"We can't do anything if we have a friend whose size is like a small bean. She's a coward too". Jeongyeon let out a sigh.

"What if we help her tonight? I mean, we will spend our night at the orphanage, right? So let's make a way for them to be official before we'll go back to Seoul tomorrow." Tzuyu said with a smile as she think of an idea for how she will going to plan it and make it happen.

"What a decision-maker you are, silly! But how can we do that?".

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it. I already have a plan", the tall girl smirked and then look out of the window.

"Okay..We'll see if that's going to be effective."

Since they left early, they only had an hour before arriving at the Condo. As usual, they waited for Sana and Jihyo at the parking area at the back of the building. After a few minutes, the two girls came out of the door, carrying their large suitcases. Tzuyu and Jeongyeon's jaws dropped at the sight of their girlfriends having a hard time with it. A deep sigh was their only response before they got out of the van and help the girls.

"Thank you, Babe", said Sana and give Tzuyu a quick embrace and a kiss on the cheek before she get inside the car.

While on the other hand, Jihyo glared at Jeongyeon when she saw the girl frown and its forehead furrowed at her.

"What?", Jeongyeon asked immediately.

"Your face is annoying!", Jihyo wrapped her arms around the girl's neck to hug Jeongyeon and grab the chance to pinch the girl's ear.

"Aww! Why did you do that, Love?!", Jeongyeon whined then let go of Jihyo and immediately caressed her ears.

"Because your face tells me all your complain about my stuff here", Jihyo after saying that, get inside the van without looking back at the girl.

"How did she know that?", Jeongyeon whispered to Tzuyu.

"Jihyo was right. Your face says it all, stupid!", Tzuyu laughed softly. "Let's go now! There are two more left". Then she also entered the vehicle after hearing her friend sigh of aggravation and came out with a hiss.

---

"Minariiii, they're finally here! Bring these three boxes of cookies and I will carry this cake and our bags", said Chaeyoung with a wide smile on her face. She waited for Mina to lock the house and its gate before they went together to their friends.

Tzuyu ran toward Chaeyoung to get the cake. While Jeongyeon opened the door for Mina and let the girl go inside the van. Afterward, she helps Chaeyoung with the bags.

"Yah! Did something sexy and hot stuff happen last night?", Jeongyeon elbowed and whispered to Chaeyoung.

"How's your night with Mina?", Tzuyu giggled as she meddle with the two.

"Yah! Shut your talkative mouths! Nothing happened last night! You guys always have dirty minds." Chaeyoung answered and just left the two laughings constantly.

---

After two hours and thirty minutes, the girls finally arrived at the orphanage. Jeongyeon, Tzuyu, and Chaeyoung woke up the other girls to let them know they were at the said place. There was a big smile on their faces when they saw the children excitedly running towards them to meet and welcome them.

The first person to come out of the vehicle was Chaeyoung.

"Look! It's Chef Chaeng!", one of the children shouted. The children happily clapped their hands to see the girl.

"Hi, kids! I'm back.", Chaeyoung waved her hand and smiled widely at them.

The children gasped simultaneously when they saw Mina, the next person get out of the van.

"I~It's Miss Black Swan! Miss Black Swan!", the seven-year-old girl yelled in surprise after seeing her idol.

"I told you Danielle I will bring her here. You believe in me now?", Chaeyoung said. "Come here I will introduce you to her. Pali-Pali!"

"Minari, this is Danielle Marsh. She's the oldest among them."

"Ow, Hi, Danielle. I'm Mina Myoui. It's nice to see you", Mina gave the girl a sweet smile and reached out the girl's hand to shake hands. Danielle, with twinkled eyes and a bright smile, quickly accepted it and also introduce herself. "I'm Danielle Marsh. Nice to meet you, Miss Myoui".

"Just called me Unnie...Mina Unnie", Mina said.

Sana and Jihyo also get out of the van with sleepy eyes but when they saw the children smiling at them, the two lit up their faces into happy ones.

"Hello, kids!", they greeted in unison.

"Hello to the best leadernim of the best girl group, Twice!", the children greeted Jihyo while jumping energetically and cheering at her.

"Hello to our dear ShaSha!", said the two five-year-old girls as they greet their favorite idol.

Jihyo and Sana quickly ran toward the kids and hugged them while happily jumping along with the children. In the midst of their rejoicing and having fun with each other's company, there was Jeongyeon cleared her throat to get their attention. The children were suddenly quiet and looked in her direction. Their faces went back to a happy mood. Automatically, they all ran toward Jeongyeon and gave the girl a warm hug. Among the three, Jeongyeon is considered like a mother to the four boys and five girls in the orphanage.

"I see...You kids missed me that much! I have good news, you want to know about it?", Jeongyeon gladly said.

"What is it, Jeongyeon Unnie?! What is it?", said the young boy who was on the right side and hugging her.

"We want to know! Come on, tell us now!", the other boy said.

"Alright. I'll say it now! Aside from that, we bring our friends with us. We're all going to stay here until tomorrow morning!", she announced and the children were jumping together, some were dancing and clapping their hands as they are very happy to have more time with the adults.

Meanwhile, the youngest child, a three-year-old girl who was named Minju, cry loudly as she was just standing in the distance while staring at them.

"Minju-yahhh...why are you crying all of a sudden? You were just smiling a while ago. What's wrong?", asked Miss Kim Taehee, the head of the orphanage, who was now kneeling in front of the child while gently rubbing its back to stop it from crying.

"W~where's Ma~ma?!", the child sobbed.

"Ohmyy! Your Mama left in Seoul! Ottoke?!", Jeongyeon pretended sadly. "We left your Mama because she was still asleep", she added up to tease the young child.

"NOOOOOOO! Why did you all leave my Mama?!", Minju stomped her feet and didn't stop crying.

"Because she's too lazy to get up from her bed." Chaeyoung meddled with them and then walked toward the child.

"W~hy  y~you and Jeong~yeon Unnie d~didn't wake up Mama! Whyyyy?!", Minju continue sobbed uncontrollably.

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung like to tease Minju and the young kid are their favorite among the children. Minju is too adorable and a savage kid also but easy to cry so whenever they visited the orphanage they always make fun with Minju.

"Don't touch me!", Minju complained. "Jeongyeon Unnie and Chaeyoung Unnie are unfair! You left Mama! Min-Min will not be going to play with you anymore!", the kid shouted then wiped away her tears and quickly ran away to go inside the house. But then she stopped when she heard a very familiar voice calling her name.

"Minjuyaaaaahhhh.....", Tzuyu got out of the van when she couldn't bear to see the child crying and looking sad.

"Mama's here! They're just teasing you and you just cried easily", she then let out a soft laugh while walking in the kid's direction.

Minju looked back and the moment she saw Tzuyu who was smiling at her, the previously sad face turned into a happy mood in an instant.

"Mamaaaa!!!", The kid runs fast as she could as she wants to be hugged right away by Tzuyu.

"Stop running! Don't run! You might–." Tzuyu's eyes widened when she saw Minju tripping over the small rock. Everyone was shocked, including her. She knew this would happen so she move quickly and runs fast as she can just to save Minju. With her quick reflex, she immediately caught Minju before the young kid fell to the ground. Tzuyu quickly wrapped her arms around Minju and then carried the kid. She let out a sigh of relief as she looks at the kid.

"Gosh! You just made me forget how to breathe in a second. You almost fell to the ground, Minju-yah. I told you not to run. Why did you run fast?", Tzuyu scolded while her face was still worrying.

"But you saved me, Mama. And thank you for that", Minju giggled while softly rubbing Tzuyu's cheeks with both of her hands. "I thought you wouldn't come. I almost got upset with you because last time you promised to visit me again", the young kid pouted.

"You know Mama will never do that, right? Mama Tzuyu always keeps her promises and marked her words", the tall girl softly smiled and then gently caressed the child's hair while Minju smilingly nodded at her.

---

Sana's POV

Since it was ten in the morning when we arrived at the orphanage, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung started cooking food for everyone's lunch. Mina and I volunteer to help them in the kitchen. Meanwhile, Jihyo helps Miss Kim Taehee along with Kim Sohyun and Kim Wojung, the two assistants in taking care of the children. I looked around and my gaze lingered outside when I saw her.

"Your lips will tear apart if you don't stop doing that", Jeongyeon said while grinning at me.

From here I could see them at the door. I can freely watch my beloved Tzuyu as I adore her having fun with the kids.

"Doing what?", I asked and then let out a wide smile. I pretended that I didn't know but I was aware that I am smiling like a fool at this very moment. And I couldn't just stop myself from doing it.

I was a happy fool that's in love with her.

Somewhere in the back of my head, I expected it to be like what I imagined about her. Doing the things that she has never done and witnessed through my eyes, including what is happening right now. She tends to be cold sometimes, strict in a way she cared, and often a very serious and straightforward person. That's why I thought she can't handle the kids for a long time. She can't stand them being around her, the kids' naughtiness and stubbornness will cause her of losing her patience. But then I realized I was completely wrong the moment I started being mesmerized by this wonderful sight. And by just watching them, I wasn't expecting this kind of feeling– a strange but warm and pure love. It is far from what I have always imagined. It is so different when imagination becomes real.

"About Minju? Why does she keep calling Tzuyu her Mama?", I asked out of curiosity.

"It just started the day we visited the orphanage for the first time. According to Miss Kim Taehee, Minju is just a quiet child. She always wants to be alone and doesn't want to play with the other children. The two assistants even Miss Taehee are always having a hard time dealing with Minju since the day they found the kid playing alone on the shore. No one looked for Minju since then. Because of that, they assumed that the child was really abandoned by her parents. That's why they decided to take care of the child".

My mouth was agape in shock when I heard what happened to Minju. My heart throbbed with pain as if it was stabbed with a dagger. I just let her talk about the child and I didn't know that my tears were falling; I'm crying now. Before Jeongyeon see me like this, I immediately wiped my tears but she still notice me.

"Don't worry. We all have the same reactions. Hurt and sad for the child. I mean look at Minju! She is a sweet child with a lovely face. Ever since we found out about her, Tzuyu didn't stop pursuing the kid until she won Minju's heart. Of all the children here, Tzuyu became closer to Minju. Maybe, it's because they have almost the same attitude."

I heard Jeongyeon laugh a little at the last thing she said. After that, she continued to talk.

"On our first day here, when we were about to go home. Minju suddenly started crying while chasing our car and Tzuyu noticed it first. She was worried that's why she got out of the car and hurriedly ran toward Minju. We were just surprised especially Tzuyu when Minju suddenly called her Mama. And you know what's more surprising?" Jeongyeon asked me while laughing.

"Yah! Why are you laughing? What happened?", I curiously asked.

"When Chaeyoung and I approached the two, we saw Tzuyu was also crying".

"Yah! That's not funny!", I glared at her and gently hit her in the arm.

"Ouch! I'm sorry. I just didn't expect her to cry like that. I mean that rarely happens to her".

"Ohmypoor Tzuyah! I guess she really fell in love with Minju and the same goes for the kid."

This was the first time to see her interacting with the children. She was so calm and happiness was written on her face. I can hear her soft giggles and gentle waves of laughter that repeatedly played back in my ears.

"You really in love with her that much. I mean the way you gawking at her at this moment and when you heard the story I told you earlier. I think you're more in love with her now". She said and then glance outside before going back to cooking.

"Do you think so?", I glanced at her and smiled.

"It's so obvious from your face, Minatozaki Sana," Chaeyoung answered as she joined our conversation and then give me a broad grin.

"Well, Yeah and I won't deny it! I just can't imagine that she can easily tame the kids so I'm glad about that." I told her.

"Yah! Go back there! You might burn what you're cooking." Jeongyeon scolded Chaeyoung.

"Tss. I won't do that! You seem to have forgotten my friend, that just like you, I am also a great Chef! I just wanted to join with you guys. It looks like you two are having a good conversation here".

"Chismosa!–". Jeongyeon blurted out.

Suddenly, the two stopped bickering when they heard me speak again.

"I always imagine beautiful things for us......"

They looked at me as if they were interested in listening to what I had to say next.

"Just like now. I imagine the two of us will have children in the future. How good it feels to have that happen." I laughed after sharing it with them.

That thought brought a smile to my lips and I can feel my heart overflowing with joy right now. But when I looked at the two, their faces suddenly became serious which left me puzzled.

"Yah! What happened to all your faces?", I asked and then smiled awkwardly. "Am I too exaggerated? I'm sorry for that but don't worry it was just only an imagination".

"N~No! You're not! We're just–", Chaeyoung can't finish what she was saying then Jeongyeon interrupted to save her.

"We're just happy how sure you are with Tzuyah. I mean, it's about the future of both of you. Am I right, Chaeng?! And this is our happy faces!" Jeongyeon said and elbowed Chaeyoung by its side and waited for a response.

Smile!"

"I said smile at her!", Jeongyeon whispered but I can hear it.

"I already smiling! Are you blind?", Chaeyoung cupped Jeongyeon's cheeks to show her happy face.

"You guys are silly!", I mumbled and then softly giggle as I watched them bickering once again. These two really don't know how to stop. I just shook my head and let them do what they were doing.

I know that I don't hold our future together. I don't know what will happen next. This may sound so selfish but I want to see her in my future. I see many things we'll do together, so many. Having beautiful memories of our puppy love but then feeling the real love. I will keep on imagining, yearning, and hoping to see us together in the future until it happened. As I keep on thinking about this, I found myself smiling again. Well, I guess there is nothing wrong with dreaming of being with Tzuyu in the future.

---

The whole day, they played with the children and have a picnic with them on the beach since it was close to the orphanage. Everyone swims and after that, they go back to the orphanage. Mina, Jihyo, and Sana sang to them while Tzuyu played the guitar along with Jeongyeon who used the piano, and Chaeyoung with the drums. In addition to that, they let the children and the adults taste the cookies and cake that Chaeyoung and Mina baked. There was also the giving of toys and the three, Jihyo, Sana and Mina gave school supplies which made all the children really happy. They also give the adults some beauty products and perfumes which they endorsed. The day ended successfully as the girls gave smiles to everyone.

8:00 PM

"Where are the girls?", Tzuyu whisperingly asked her friends who were found sitting on the veranda. She just came out of the bathroom since she was the last one to use it to take a half bath.

Jeongyeon turns her head to the tall girl. "They went to the shore. I heard they wanted a bonfire while stargazing there", the girl answered.

"They might even sleep there. I saw Jihyo carrying a tent and they ran away quickly. Maybe, they thought I didn't see them based on how they tried to hold back their laugh from the outside. Silly them!", Chaeyoung added up which made them chuckle.

"Yah! Lower your voice. The kids might wake up!", Tzuyu said to the two.

"Let's join them?", Jeongyeon invited.

"Later," Tzuyu answered and then glance at Jeongyeon as if she wanted her to do something about Chaeyoung. Good thing, she understood it quickly.

"Let's have a drink while our girls are having fun there. Chaeng can you get the three bottles of soju in my bag?".

"Yah! Why did you bring alcohol? Jihyo will scold us!", Chaeyoung complained.

"It will not happen. Trust me! Besides, you will need that". Jeongyeon let out a chuckle.

"What did you say? Why me?–".

"Just get the soju!". Tzuyu meddled.

"Alright. Wait! I'll get it now."

"I have a plan. Did you already forget about it?", Tzuyu whispered to Jeongyeon.

After Chaeyoung left, Tzuyu tells about the plan and explains it to Jeongyeon.

"Alright. I get it." Jeongyeon laughs at that idea.

It didn't take long for them to drink. Half an hour was just passed by when Tzuyu suddenly invite her friends.

"Let's go now!", Tzuyu whispered to her friends.

"But we only just drink one bottle", Chaeyoung whined.

"Don't worry. I'll bring the soju and we'll continue drinking it at the shore with the girls", Jeongyeon said.

Chaeyoung's POV

While we were on our way to the shore, Jeongyeon suddenly asked me about Mina. "How are you and Mina? I mean what's going on with the two of you now?", she asked and I was surprised by her sudden question.

"We're fine. We are doing fine", I answered and smiled weakly. They just nodded and no one talk to us after that quick conversation.

It's my habit that when we are drinking I always tell them about us and I am glad they got used to it. The good thing is I never heard them complain about it. I shared with them about our first coffee date, new things I found out about Mina, things I did that made Mina happy, what she likes and dislikes, how much I love Mina when she does ballet, when Mina speaks Japanese to me and I don't know what it means, so I translated it on google, every time Mina smiles to me, how beautiful Mina is, how much I love Mina and how I'm proud of it. Just everything about Mina. I remember when I show them my new tattoo. It was the penguin that Mina sent to me before when I asked her what should be my next tattoo. It's not just a picture, Mina drew it that's why it's precious to me. It should have been Mina the first person to see my new tattoo but my annoying friends ruined it. Actually, they found it accidentally when I got drunk and throw up on my shirt.

Tonight is the first time I didn't able to share something about Mina. It is because I found myself feeling shy at them now and I don't even know why I suddenly felt this. I think maybe they are already tired of my story. They just can't tell me because I might be offended.

"How about sharing your thoughts? Instead of looking stupid with that face like that?", Tzuyu disturbed my deep thoughts.

"Yah! What's wrong with my face?! It's still pretty handsome!", I softly whined.

"I love Mina so much!", I happily said to them which made them laugh.

"Finally, you told us something about Mina. We thought you wouldn't share anymore about her", Jeongyeon softly hit me in my back while grinning at me.

"She's right! I thought you changed already". Tzuyu chuckled.

"Yah! That's not gonna happen! Nothing will change in this family! We promised that and no one can forget about it".

"Go back to our topic, how much did you love Mina, by the way?", asked Tzuyu. But the moment she asked me that question, I suddenly come to a full stop which made my feet hold back. It was too late for me to realize that my body froze up and could no longer move a single muscle of it. My eyes widened, my heart pounding so fast that I can't even breathe properly. I didn't have time to answer Tzuyu's question because I even forgot how to utter any words. Literally, no words came out of my mouth.

And the reason is....

At this time, I can see Mina dancing ballet gracefully underneath the stars with the moonlight as her only spotlight tonight.

My black swan.....

She dances with joy on the shores, with the wind unfurling her hair. I guess no swans, no princes, no villains, no curses, just pure sweet innocence the ducks and geese become spellbound to show their synchronized dance. She swirls, she twirls, she spins, and my dreams spin with her. There was a distance between us and I could only just see her from here, but I feel this is a magical moment for me. She keeps dancing with her hands over her head and she opened her eyes and then stopped dancing when she saw us here, secretly watching her little performance.

Mina was waving her hand in the air to us. While I just stared at her as I keep on adoring her with a mesmerized look in my eyes. I can't take my eyes off her. I was too fascinated.

"It's been so long since you courted Mina. How many months is it, Tzuyu?", Jeongyeon asked as if she didn't really know about it.

"Already six this month," Tzuyu answered with a soft chuckle. Then she took my hand and handed me something.

It was a small red box.

"What is this?", I furrowed my eyebrows at her and then looked at the box I was holding.

"Open it and you will know what's inside".

I gasped in surprise when I saw the necklace I always wanted to buy for Mina. It's a swan necklace. It symbolizes grace, beauty, love, trust, and loyalty.

"How did you guys know about this?".

Tzuyu glance at Jeongyeon.

"I told you she won't remember that", she giggled.

"Idiot! You will definitely know that because it's about Mina. You said you would only buy it when you're going to ask Mina to be her girlfriend, right?", Jeongyeon said to me.

"Yes, I remember saying that...But I can't remember when did I bought this necklace. Did you buy this?". I frowned at them as I waited for them to answer my question.

"Yes, we bought it immediately the night you showed it to us. But don't worry, we used your own money." They laughed when they said that to me. I just let out a deep sigh in disbelief at their silliness.

"So how much did you love Mina?", Tzuyu asked me seriously but then she widened her smile at me.

"So much! I love her so much that I want to marry her in the future". I answered them as I was in tears of joy. Not only because of Mina but also because of these two stupid friends of mine. Every day I'm grateful that they were still my friends. I'm so much lucky with them and I will always be proud to have these two wonderful human beings as my great buddies.

"Yah! Are you crying?! Why are you crying, idiot?! Stop crying! It's been so long since you courted her. I think it's about time, right Jeong? What do you think?", Tzuyu continued then put her hand on my back.

"I think so. Maybe Mina was also waiting for this to happen." Jeongyeon answered and I felt that she also put her hand on my back as well. "So now, all you need is to take a deep breath, straighten your back and smile at that girl in front of you", she added up.

"MINAYAAAAAAAAH!", Tzuyu shouted all of a sudden then waves her hand with a smile.

"Yah! You don't need to shout like that–".

"Shut the fck off! Just go with the flow", she said.

"MINAAAAAAAA! CHAEYOUNG WANTS TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!". Jeongyeon also waves her hand to Mina.

"Yah! What the fck?!".

"It's now or never! Don't be such a coward, Son Chaeyoung! Don't embarrass us in front of that gorgeous-fine lady there!".

I suddenly became nervous as if I was going to pee in my pants. My knees become weak. I feel like they going to give out. I want to swear so much because I'm not ready for this. I didn't prepare for this!

"Good luck, small bean. Make us proud!". They bought said in unison. Without even saying a warning, I was pushed hard by the two dumbass that I almost fell on the sand. I saw how Mina gasped in shock so I control myself not to stumble and just continued walking toward Mina. As my heart beats faster, I was walking even faster in excitement every time I get closer to her.

I was so close to her. Just a little inch away from her, but I tripped so I suddenly knelt in front of her. Son Chaeyoung, you're still lucky. I guessed this was just perfect timing.

Mina take a step forward and kneel down at the same level as mine to check my condition. "Chaeyoung, are you alright?! Does your foot hurt? Let me see it", she asked me worriedly.

I let out my deepest breath and looked at her with full of sincerity. I smiled softly at her telling her how happy I was right now. That the reason for this smile is her. Only just her.

In front of our friends, the stars and moon in the sky as well as the sea, I mustered up the courage to ask her.

"I've been your fan for so long. We've been hanging out for a little while, and my feelings for you keep overflowing. Minari, would you like to be my girlfriend?".
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#MiChaeng🚢💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 1.9K 29
"Will you be my girlfriend?" "Will you marry me? Will you be in my life forever? Will you be the wife of this hopeless girl?" Tzuyu is a fan of TWIC...
You and Me By Uno

Fanfiction

211K 6.2K 95
Son Chaeyoung is a college student and the only daughter of the CEO of Son Group of Companies. She had a tragic love story with her first love dying...
47.5K 1.4K 80
"3 2 1. One in a Million. Hello we're TWICE!" Accept requests! A super baby Once making a fan fiction of as a Twice member, something for Once who w...
7K 418 17
"Oks! No problem, boss!" Chaeyoung playfully raises her arm in a salute. "I love you!" She steals a quick kiss from the other girl's cheek before jog...